Behind the Veil Reviews

269 | Severna Park, MD

269 Reviews for Behind the Veil

• FutureMrsRoberts

Samantha · Married on 09/02/2017

Behind the Veil is an amazing company to work with! Heather was AWESOME at our hair, meeting everyone's vision that was perfect for them! Leslie helped me rock out a KILLER non-natural bridal look and made all of my BP and my mom look FLAWLESS! You will never have a regret working with them!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Sadia · Married on 08/12/2017

Behind the Veil did a wonderful job for my two day wedding. I am a South Asian bride and had very specific ideas on what I wanted to look like during my wedding events and was not sure if they would be able to deliver but after my hair and makeup trial I was totally a believer. I wanted to go super glam for my wedding to stand up to my ornate jewelry and dress and at my hair and makeup trial, Behind the Veil totally delivered. I was simply amazed and even my very hard to please mother approved. They made my mother, sister and 6 bridesmaids look incredible on the wedding day and my look was exactly what I had envisioned. I would highly recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/29/2017

My hair and makeup artists (hair: Jamie Lee; makeup: Kaytee) from Behind the Veil did an AMAZING job with everyone's hair and makeup on the day of my wedding. There were 6 people (4 bridesmaids, mother of the bride, and bride) needing hair and makeup the morning of the wedding. Our hair and makeup artists were timely, professional, and truly listened to what each individual wanted their "look" to be the day of the wedding. I highly recommend Behind the Veil! Thank you for making us all feel absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Kirsty · Married on 07/27/2017

We loved working with Behind the Veil! Not only were they nice enough to give me, the bride, a second hair and makeup trial for free, but they were also super helpful in picking the best look for me. On the wedding day, I ended up waking up with pink eye in one of my eyes and Heather, my hair and makeup person, was super sweet and nice about it. I used my own makeup and she was able to scrap some of it off of the top so that I would not have to throw all of my makeup away. I would definitely recommend every bride/ bridal party using Behind the Veil as their hair and makeup vendor!

Sent on 10/07/2017

I choose Behind the Veil after being in my friend's wedding two years ago that used the company. The artists were spectacular and so much fun to hang out with on the day of! My girls got their hair and makeup done and we used Renee for hair and Kaytee for makeup. They were both amazing! I fell in love with their styles during my trial. Renee was really able to help me focus in on what I wanted for my hair and she was so open for me changing it up a bit on my day of. The end result was fantastic. She also gave me great tips for the wedding day, like bringing tupperware for leftover food. Kaytee was also wonderful. I didn't want to feel like I had makeup caked on and really wanted to look like a glammed up version of myself for the wedding. Kaytee nailed she. She took the time to find the perfect lip color and I felt so beautiful. She even recommended a great eyebrow place to go before the wedding (who is now my regular place). My girls loved both of them on the day of and we never felt rushed or like someone didn't enough beauty time. They were so wonderful and BTV was so easy and responsive to work with! They always answered emails and made me feel like a priority to them. I can't recommend this company enough - especially Renee and Kaytee!!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Erika · Married on 05/27/2017

BTV was absolutely fantastic! Angie did my makeup sooooo perfectly and even gave me tips on how to do things myself later on! I don't have words for how beautiful of a job she did (especially the eyebrows!). Hair was done for my bridesmaids and mothers(also flower girls) and everyone absolutely loved their look. BTV really paid attention to the look we were trying to achieve. Also, they did a brilliant job accommodating hair of different ethnicities and textures! A class act and must go to for your wedding!

Sent on 04/05/2018

Taylor · Married on 05/06/2017

I could not be happier with how everyone looked on my wedding day. Natalie did the most beautiful job with my make up and Thea did a great job even though my hair didn't give her much to work with. Behind the Veil gets great professionals and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/04/2017

Concetta · Married on 05/06/2017

I loved working with Behind the Veil. I was in a wedding that used BTV and I chose them for my own wedding. Heather (hair) was amazing at my trial and on the day of. She listened to what I wanted and gave me suggestions. I loved my hair that day. Laurie (make up) was also amazing and did the best job. I barely felt like I had make up on but thought it was amazing. I really appreciated that she started low and we were able to build up to the exact shade of eyeshadow that looked good. All my bridesmaids had hair/make up done and they all looked gorgeous.

Sent on 06/23/2017

Samantha · Married on 12/02/2016

I had a bad experience with the first makeup company I had tried for my wedding so I was very wary as I went forward trying to find a new one. My friend suggested Behind the Veil as they had done her sister-in-law's wedding. Laurie from Behind the Veil put my mind at ease. She was always on top of replying to my messages and was willing to answer any questions I had. The day of the trial I arrived at the salon they work out of and very much enjoyed meeting and working with Nancy. She was very nice and easy going and she wanted to make sure she nailed the vision I had for my makeup. The week of my wedding Laurie made sure to follow up with me regarding a timeline and to give me Nancy's contact information so that I had it if needed. On the big day Nancy arrived on time and ready to work. Again, she was very nice and made sure she was doing everyone's makeup exactly how they wanted it. She stayed until everyone left for pictures just in case anyone needed a touch up which was great. Overall a great experience and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Simone · Married on 10/30/2016

Hair stylists Thea and Holly did an amazing job on my bridesmaids, my mother, my mother-in-law and myself on my wedding day. We are so thrilled with how everyone's hair turned out. They worked quickly and efficiently and were super sweet. All of us have different hair types and that was a non-issue. The hair styles lasted through surprise showers during the outdoor ceremony and sweating during dancing. I have very curly hair and I requested a stylist who is very familiar with curly hair, and Thea delivered. Laurie was very communicative via email and answered any questions promptly and professionally. Overall, great experience working with Behind the Veil and I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Andrea · Married on 10/22/2016

The Behind the Veil team made me feel so incredibly beautiful and confident on my wedding day. I really liked having a hair and make-up trial with the people who would be working with my on my wedding day. It made me feel really at ease about my look for the wedding day. I had a minor hiccup scheduling my hair and make-up trial, but the company more than made up for the scheduling issue with their customer service. On our wedding day the stylists came to our hotel at the Four Seasons in Baltimore. They were on time and set up quickly. I loved our hair stylists Holly and Caitlin Lee. They were quick and responsive to my bridesmaids’ requests during styling. I must also add they were very patient with my 6 year old flower girl :). My make-up artist was just a dream, Kaytee made me feel so gorgeous and stunning. Every single picture from our wedding day I look so beautiful, the make-up lasted the entire day and into the night. The make-up looked natural on everyone and complimented their features. Before the stylist team left our hotel, they touched up hair and make-up for us to get ready for pictures. My sister is getting married this fall and she is also using Behind the Veil for her wedding. I am thrilled to be working with them again and know that my sister will get the same great service for her wedding.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Hillary · Married on 10/15/2016

Couldn't be happier with the service provided by Behind the Veil. They were timely, professional, and created exactly the look I wanted for my wedding day. I would definitely recommend the trial, as it allowed us to tweak the look in the right way. Kaytee was a fantastic makeup artist, extremely knowledgable about all the products, and even spent extra time making my lashes look amazing. They were also really sweet and it was fun having the girls around while the bridal party got ready. Laurie was great during the planning process as well. She created a detailed timeline for the day of the wedding, which helped us stay on track and not feel stressed about the timing. Thank you for helping to make my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Kelly · Married on 10/15/2016

Behind the Veil was extremely accommodating to my needs, professional and fun! I felt like a princess. My now husband “humorously” asked if they could fix me up for holidays and special occasions. Yes, he did get in trouble for his comment but it just goes to show you that even the man who takes me as I am…was very impressed!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Rachel · Married on 10/01/2016

The make up/hair services I booked through Behind the Veil could not have been more perfect! I don't usually wear more than mascara on a daily basis so I was nervous that I would not look like myself - but Leslie did an amazing job and I could not be happier with my wedding day make up. All 5 of my girls who got their make up done also loved it and thought Leslie was fun, easy going, and an exceptional make up artist. Cat - who did our hair - was also amazing and did 6 distinct hair styles for all of us and everyone was happy! My wedding day hair was exactly what I imagined and stayed in place all day long. I would book them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Daisy · Married on 09/24/2016

I could not have been more thankful for this amazing company and their services! I literally had every brides nightmare, my hair and makeup artist canceled the week before my wedding and I was scrambling to find someone and wanted someone good. I had become hopeless as everyone seemed booked but then it was just fait, one of the teams makeup artist just happened to be in ocean city at the same time as my wedding and she agreed to do my self and my bridal parties makeup. Everyones makeup looked flawless and lasted, the artist used quality product and was super sweet!! I again am so thankful for this company and their amazing team!
    They did try to find someone for hair for me as well but they were completely booked but that worked out as well as I had a friend do all of our hair and it also was amazing!!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Meg · Married on 09/10/2016

Behind the Veil is amazing! I loved my hair and makeup and they are always willing to help the bride and her party in any way! Chelsea and Renee are rockstars and I loved working with them! I would recommend to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Joanna · Married on 09/03/2016

Top notch hair and makeup. Friendly staff that was accommodating. Can't say enough about the quality of service.

Sent on 11/07/2016
  • Scottcr1688

Chelsea · Married on 08/27/2016

I used Behind the Veil for my bridal hair and make up as well as for my bridal party (11 - 7 BM, 2 JBM, 2 FG). Our wedding was in August 2017 at the USNA with a reception at the Governor Calvert House. The hair and make up was amazing. I was so impressed with all of the stylists! Would highly recommend for weddings/special occasions to anyone in the great Annapolis/DC Metro area.

Sent on 07/30/2017

I absolutely loved Behind the Veil! They were wonderful to work with and I would definitely recommend them to any bride! They went above and beyond to accommodate my schedule when setting up my hair trial and it was greatly appreciated during busy wedding planning! Renee did my hair for my wedding day and I was so happy with how it looked! I received so many compliments and the look lasted the entire night! She also did a fantastic job on my mom and sister's hair! Thanks Behind the Veil!!!!!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Katherine · Married on 08/13/2016

We had Renee for hair and Melanie for make-up, they were both so great! Everyone looked gorgeous and the timeline created for hair and make-up was perfect for getting ready. Laurie was great at answering emails quickly and being very helpful. Would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Devin · Married on 06/25/2016

BTV was truly amazing to work with for our wedding. From the start, they were extremely responsive with my questions and were so accommodating. The day of the wedding we had Renee for hair and Leslie for make up. Both did a phenomenal job on the wedding party and family. Not only are Renee and Leslie true artists at their skill, they were fun to have around while getting ready. I’m still having friends and family rave about how wonderful they were and how great everyone looked!

Sent on 07/17/2016
  • Beth

Beth · Married on 06/18/2016

Roxanne and Kaytee did my hair and makeup for my wedding as well as my bridesmaids' and mom's hair and makeup. they were wonderful and I was thrilled with the results. Everyone looked fantastic and they were sweethearts to boot - my mom decided at the last minute to get her makeup done and they added her in with no problem. They put up with all the wedding day madness and were super professional, friendly, and fun. My only wish is that they were closer to DC, or that BTV would set up a way for clients to do their trials closer to downtown DC.

Sent on 06/30/2016

Gwen · Married on 06/18/2016

So many good things to say about Behind the Veil. Laurie, the Bridal Coordinator is fantastic to work with. She's extremely responsive, accommodating to your schedule and always there to answer any question you may have. Sarah and Cat were the stylists on my wedding day- they were both great. On top of doing such a good job on everyones hair they were both on time day of and kept us on schedule all day. Sarah was my stylist- I was struggling with how I wanted to wear my hair but Sarah really worked with me to narrow down the best look. After my first trial I felt unsure if I wanted to change the style, going in for a second trial wasn't a problem at all. I really appreciate the time she spent with me. I never felt rushed or pressured to settle on a style I wasn't sure about. If you're looking for a great hands on experience, BTV is the way to go!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Sara · Married on 06/18/2016

Wow- the stylists and make-up artists at Behind the Veil are amazing. The entire process of working with them was easy and very professional. The sylists and artists were great at listening to our feedback from the trial, and were very adaptive to our bridesmaids requests. They made each of us feel gorgeous!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Molly · Married on 05/29/2016

The team at Behind the Veil goes above and beyond and does beautiful work! I loved working with Leslie and Caitlin to create my wedding day look. Leslie did my make-up perfectly and it lasted all day! Caitlin proved to be an expert at working with and not against my naturally curly hair. The team was warm, friendly, and professional and arrived early to get started. They worked efficiently but with care, and we had a great time getting ready. I would highly recommend their service to any bride.

Sent on 06/08/2016