Behind the Bride Reviews

42 | San Diego, CA

42 Reviews for Behind the Bride

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Mindy · Married on 04/13/2013

This has to be one of the hardest reviews to write. Only because it means that its all over... How can I ever begin to describe the appreciation and thankfulness that Erin Melton has meant to us during the entire process of our ideas for our wedding to actually making it all happen.

14 months ago, we interviewed 4 wedding planners. Erin was our first one and fell in love with her instantly. Out of respect we met with the other planners but knew the second we walked out of Erin's door, she would be the one we choose. We cannot begin to tell you, how many compliments we received for how everything turned out and we felt guilty accepting them because it was Erin who made it all happen.

I don't know how this woman does it? She has to have magical cape. She makes you feel like your the most important person and your wedding is the only one who matters to her .
    I am a huge control freak with a specific ideas on how I want things... and yet she complimented me and my family so well. She found an array of vendors that fit me and my personality!
    Most importantly she gave her advice when asked or when needed and it was honest!! 100% all the time!

The amount of trust that you put in to someone has to say a lot about them and I would trust her to do it all over again. I hope that our paths will cross again and when that day comes I'll be looking forward to it.

My day would of not have been the perfect day with out her.

We LOVE YOU ERIN!!!! Nic & Mindy

Sent on 04/24/2013

Mary · Married on 09/29/2012

Erin is amazing!! If you're looking for a wedding planner, no need to search any further, she is exactly what you need in a planner.

I plan events for my day job, and have planned other people's weddings, so I knew how important her job was. I wanted someone with great attention to detail and superb organizational skills - but calm and fun to work with - and Erin far exceeded my expectations. I did not have to worry about a thing the day of the wedding. There were a few issues that my husband and I didn't even know about until the next day. That is the sign of a great wedding planner!

Sent on 10/15/2012

Jennifer · Married on 08/19/2012

Erin made all aspects of my day flow perfectly. She was professional and help make my day phenomenal

Sent on 10/18/2012

Erin Melton was the best wedding coordinator I could have asked for. She was extremely organized and very detail oriented and had everything under control throughout the wedding day. She did an amazing job with coordinating everybody including our vendors, wedding party, and family members. She has a very calm demenour and together with her regular smile this made me feel like she could handle anything and that I was always in good hands. I didn't have to worry about anything on my wedding day and everything went smoothly and was absolutely perfect thanks to her. She was just a joy to work with and has such a sweet and wonderful personality. She is just perfect for the job, and I thank her immensely for all her hard work and for making me feel stress-free on my special day.

Sent on 11/09/2012

Tracey · Married on 07/14/2012

Erin was a great wedding planner. Two months before our wedding we had to move from San Diego to Michigan and had a few big details to finish up. She referred us to several vendors and help us coordinate everything with them. The rehearsal and wedding day went more smoothly than I could have asked for. Everything was on time and the few issues we had she dealt with them as soon as they were brought to her attention. I would highly recommend Erin as a wedding planner.

Sent on 07/23/2012

Tawny · Married on 05/04/2012

We couldn’t have asked for a better person to help us coordinate our wedding. My husband and I both work full time and planning a wedding takes a lot of time and effort. Because of Erin, our planning went so smoothly and every detail was covered. The amount of knowledge that Erin has in the industry was invaluable to us. Anytime we needed vendor recommendation, she had multiple suggestions. She also continually kept our budget in mind, so no vendor she recommended was out of our reach which we really appreciated. Erin established a relationship with all of our chosen vendors, including staff for our rehearsal dinner. She coordinated our rehearsal, and made sure each participant in our wedding knew the schedule. The timeline of our wedding was top notch, and each detail was covered. Erin also familiarized herself with all the rules and regulations of our venue. In addition to her impeccable organization, she also has a great creative eye and helped us make design decisions for our reception. On the day of our wedding, neither my husband nor I had to worry about one thing. This made for an unforgettable, stress free day. I would highly recommend Erin to anyone planning a wedding, without her I doubt our experience would have been so positive.

Sent on 08/20/2012

Adam · Married on 04/14/2012

My wife and I met with four wedding planners just over a year before our wedding, and felt an instant connection with Erin. She has a natural way of making you feel comfortable with her, and her experience in the industry instills a lot of confidence in you as a client too.

We purchased "month-of" services from Behind The Bride, and were very keen to make most of the decisions ourselves. Erin was available when we needed a push in the right direction, and respected that it was important to us to make our own decisions. She made recommendations, but was always supportive of our decisions as the bride and groom, even when they were different from her proposed ideas. That is hugely important as a bride and groom, as I have heard several horror stories of other wedding planners who make their weddings more about them than the couple themselves. Erin kept a perfect distance and was always ready to help when needed.

When it came to the month before the wedding, Erin wrapped up our vendor contracts, took over the planning while keeping us in the loop and handled perfectly a stressful situation with our caterer which had my wife-to-be on edge. She led the rehearsal efficiently and put together and distributed a mutually agreed-on timeline so that everyone in the wedding party was well-informed. Erin even prepared a last-minute seating chart for us based on our table plan!

The wedding day itself was and is still really a blur. It rained in San Diego, and we were forced to move the wedding inside. I turned up to the venue to see no chairs outside and momentarily panicked. Erin put my mind at ease and reassured me all was prepared and all I needed to do was relax and enjoy my day. And I did. The day went so smoothly, and Erin coordinated it to perfection. We were unaware until after the fact that there had been a seating issue with a family member, as Erin had handled it so swiftly and professionally. So many people in attendance commented on how well everything went and there were compliments aplenty for the work Erin did.

I would not hesitate to recommend Behind The Bride, as we had such an amazing experience. Erin was one of the more expensive coordinators we looked at, but never was a statement more true than in this case: "you get what you pay for". Thank you, Erin, for making our perfect day just that!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Kristen · Married on 11/05/2011

I cannot say enough good things about Erin. I met her the Bridal Bazaar and we instantly had a connection. She got me from the get go and what my husband and I envisioned for our day.

When we first started planning I was across the country, which wasn't an issue for Erin. She was always available via email and we had Skype chats so I could share info with her. She provided me with a great list of vendors for the ones we still needed and I was super pleased with all of them.

Month of, Erin took care of EVERYTHING! I was so happy to know I had her in my corner. She met with me before the wedding to get everything from me, so it saved my mom and I trucking them around. Our day was absolutely perfect and beautiful and I know its because of all of Erin's help.

Sent on 12/07/2011

Vanessa · Married on 09/04/2011

Erin Melton of Behind the Bride was absolutely amazing. We couldn't thank her enough for all the work she did to make our wedding everything we dreamed it would be. When I first met her, I immediately felt like she was a close friend - she saw eye to eye with me and understood all of my concerns and made me feel at ease. She has such a friendly demeanor yet she will do everything it takes to make sure you get what you want from your vendors. She was able to work with our crazy schedule being an out of town couple by having (2 hour!) Skype meetings and several in-person meetings on the weekends whenever we needed. On our wedding day, she had an eye like a hawk. I didn't have to worry or hesitate about anything because she was already there taking care of it - anticipating and jumping into action on any potentially sticky situation, so that I could continue enjoying the night. We had a pretty tight timeline, so Erin was good about checking in with us to remind us when we needed to cut the cake, toss the bouquet, do our first dance, etc. At the end of the night, she had all our decor, gifts and personal items nicely boxed up and in our car ready to go. Erin made our wedding so stress-free and we can't thank her enough! She deserves every Wedding vendor award out there! :)

Sent on 10/11/2011

Kate · Married on 11/20/2010

Erin is absolutely wonderful! During the whole planning process, she was my sounding board. Every thought I'd send at her, she had ideas for how to make the thought a reality. It was so helpful. Day of, I felt so much more relaxed because I trusted that anything that came up, Erin would handle. On the day of my wedding it rained. Erin had to make last minute calls on the arrangement of the tables and the location of the ceremony. She made it work even better than what I had planned. And during all of this, I was free to get my hair and makeup done and know that it was all under control. The piece of mind is so worth it!

Sent on 12/09/2010

Tanya · Married on 11/13/2010

Erin is very professional and supportive. She was great at easing the stress of a busy bride. Our wedding was flawless and we got tons of compliments. It flowed beautifully and that we owe to Erin. She got everyone on a timeline--wedding party, vendors, etc. The coordination was great and knowing she was "behind" me was super comforting. I would recommend her to any bride.

Sent on 12/08/2010

Liliana · Married on 10/22/2010

You will not find a better wedding coordinator! Erin is highly organized, professional, knowledgeable and made our wedding day run smoothly. She went over and beyond the call of duty by meeting me the night before, rather late, to pick up last minute decorations. On my wedding day, I did not worry about anything because she took care of everything.

Sent on 01/17/2011
  • Steve

Steve · Married on 09/25/2010

My wife and I had an Indian/Jewish wedding and it was definitely out of the ordinary! Erin was our week-of coordinator and did an absolutely fantastic job. We had over a dozen vendors (if not two dozen!), from two celebrants, a horse, florist, DJs, multiple caterers, multiple sites, etc, etc etc. Our timeline was crazy as well, with over 13 hours of total coverage, everything down to the minute was executed perfectly by Erin and her team. She's great to work with, handles stress very well and has an excellent attitude. Our wedding would not have been a success without Behind the Bride. We highly recommend Erin and her team to anyone searching for a high level of professionalism and precision for their wedding planning needs!!

Sent on 11/22/2010

Julie · Married on 09/04/2010

I could not have asked for anyone better than Eric from Behind the Bride. She listened, understood what I wanted and helped me to find it. She saved me a ton of time and money in being able to identify vendors that best fit my needs. The wedding went off flawlessly. All of the vendors Erin recommended did their jobs beautifully. I really had the most perfect wedding and I know I have Erin to thank for ensuring that I got that.

Sent on 11/01/2010

Rebecca · Married on 08/08/2010

The only thing I wish I would've had was a more detailed timeline for what I needed to do. Meaning, what time I needed to start getting dressed, what time I should be dressed by, and make up/hair done, etc. I didn't ask for it, but I didn't know I needed it. All the sudden someone just came in and said, 'Why aren't you dressed yet?' In other words, I wish Erin had a third arm. But in the long run, I'd glad she was doing what she was doing, and that was making sure everything else I didn't have control over was being taken care of. If I could give Erin a 6th star above, I would. The best thing about her was her professionalism. She always made us feel like we were her only clients. She never gave excuses or talked about other things she had to do. She gave us her full attention and helped us with each and every question we had. She was our BEST asset during the wedding day and we were so lucky to have her as our planner/coordinator.

Sent on 10/27/2010

Holly · Married on 07/17/2010

Erin is WONDERFUL!! :)

Sent on 09/13/2010

KAREN · Married on 06/25/2010

ERIN IS THE HIDDEN GEM I FOUND AT THE BRIDAL BAZAAR.

Sent on 06/28/2010

Chanda · Married on 05/30/2010

Erin is amazing! She helped coordinate for the week and day of my wedding. She handled any issues, many that I still don't know about. She is great!

Sent on 07/02/2010

Colleen · Married on 05/15/2010

Erin was absolutely amazing! I could not have asked for a better planner. She was extremely flexible with her schedule and did exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend her to any bride looking for an excellent planner!!!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Moore · Married on 05/08/2010

Excellent service!! I am so happy we decided to use Behind the Bride as our wedding coordinator. We chose to use the week of services, which was way more help than just the week of! Erin was so helpful in everything. She always had time to talk and always had a good solution to any question I may have had. Our wedding flowed nice and smooth because of her. She was not pushy in anyway either! I would recommend this service to all of the brides out there! Honestly, I don't know what we would have done without the awesome help!

Sent on 05/24/2010

Jaime · Married on 05/01/2010

Erin did a wonderful job with our wedding! She went above and beyond the call of duty. Her bright and cheerful personality really helped put my mind at ease. She had an answer to every question we had, great suggestions for things and really helped us think of things we never would have on our own. She stayed on top of all the other vendors and made sure everyone was on the same page. The day of, Erin and her assistant Jen made sure everything was perfect and in place. We couldn't have asked for anything more. I am greatful to Erin for helping to make our special day perfect! I would HIGHLY recommend Behind the Bride to anyone.

Sent on 05/18/2010

Briana · Married on 04/21/2010

I wish I could rate higher than a 5 for Erin and Behind the Bride!

Erin was beyond magnificent! I felt total support from the minute I hired her. She was quick to respond and helpful with her answers with any questions I had. On my wedding day I feel like she must have cloned herself. She was everywhere and doing everything, so that I could remain present and focused on having the time of my life.

If anything went wrong day of, I never knew! She had EVERYTHING handled flawlessly. Weeks later I still have friends and family commenting on how fantastic my planner was.

I would recommend Behind the Bride to anyone and everyone! Erin is INVALUABLE! She truly made my wedding planning experience and my wedding day better than I could have ever dreamed.

Sent on 05/10/2010

Ashley · Married on 03/13/2010

Erin was FABULOUS!! She was extremely thorough, from the very first meeting until the end of the wedding. She was very friendly and warm, and everyone involved in the wedding who met her had only nice things to say. If it weren't for her, my wedding could have turned into a bit of a mess! I would highly, highly recommend her.

Sent on 03/30/2010

Sabrina · Married on 11/14/2009

Erin with Behind the Bride is the absolute best in town!! She was creative and energetic! You won't find a better wedding coordinator! She had amazing ideas and such simple solutions to what I thought was impossible tasks! Erin was such a calming and reassuring person to be around as the days rapidly approach to your "big day"! Her timeline for the day went amazing she kept people moving without the "rushed" feeling and she truly made sure myself and my new husband were enjoying the night! You can't go wrong with Erin and Behind the Bride! Thank you Erin for all of your amazing help with our wedding!

Sent on 12/15/2009

Anjeanette · Married on 08/22/2009

I cannot say enough great things about Behind the Bride! Erin Melton was a pleasure to work with and ran with all of my ideas I had in my head. I walked into the reception room and was soooo happy with how everything turned out. It was nice to know I didn't have to stress about any problems the day of the wedding, if there were any I still don't know of them! I wish that I could get married over and over again and you bet I would hire Erin again in a heart beat!

Sent on 10/09/2009