Behind the Bash Catering & Events Reviews

119 | Richmond, TX

119 Reviews for Behind the Bash Catering & Events

Mysti was able to meet our budget, work well with us and plan the entire event without any hitches. She was phenominal.

Sent on 12/14/2014

Sherrie · Married on 11/01/2014

The best caterer in the Houston area!! Mysti worked with us and the venue to create a great evening of appetizers and dinner for the bridal couple, and our guests. The special touches that Mysti did to make sure the evening was a success were great. She brought a plate of appetizers that we missed during pictures to us personally, the bridal couple was served dinner at their table, and the professional wait staff like the carver who listened to my granddaughter (who is 5, and said that she was allergic to strawberries and shellfish), asked if there was anything else she could not eat. Our guests complemented us on how great the food tasted, as well as, tenderness and flavor of the steak. If your looking for a caterer that will create a memorable event for your guests, look no further, Behind The Bash is the one!!!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Anabel · Married on 08/24/2014

BTB has got to be one of the top caterers in town! their food is exceptional for this type of events. Their customer service was great. We had a full bar/food/coordinating package and everything turned out great. Our coordinator (Christina) was amazing, she took care of every detail in the wedding timeline, but also in the catering details. We couldn't have done it without all her hard work. We got to taste all the food before deciding on our menu. Really wonderful!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Vi · Married on 06/21/2014

Behind the Bash provided catering and coordinating service for our wedding at the Parador. Our coordinator, Christina, with Behind the Bash, was awesome. Throughout the whole process, she was very responsive to emails and flexible with last minute changes. She went above and beyond to make our day special and less stressful. All my guests said it was the best wedding food they ever had! Would definitely make the same choice again!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Everyone commented on how great our food was at the wedding, and Rachel was awesome to work with - very flexible & responsive to emails; Loved working with Behind the Bash!

Sent on 05/31/2014
  • X

Xinchen · Married on 03/22/2014

We had a fantastic experience with BTB.

Rebekah, our day of coordinator, did so much to make my whole wedding planning experience easier and make sure that our wedding day was flawless. I planned my entire wedding from out of town, and I must have emailed Rebekah dozens of emails with dozens of questions in the months leading up to the wedding, to which she always responded quickly and cheerfully. She’s great to meet in person too – extremely friendly and helpful.
    When the stress of wedding planning grew as the day drew nearer, I always felt better after speaking with Rebekah. She’s extremely organized – truly a lifesaver! She patiently created numerous drafts of floor plans, timelines, etc., as I kept making changes (sorry Rebekah!).

Rebekah (and her assistant, Christina) did so much behind the scenes the day of the wedding to ensure that my husband and I (and all our guests) enjoyed the wedding and had nothing to worry about. They beautifully set up all the décor that I brought over (without me having to provide much instruction at all!) and helped pack up everything at the end (Rebekah even wrapped all our frames in newspaper, carefully packed them in the plastic tubs we provided, and helped my mom carry them out to the car). Rebekah and Christina kept us running on schedule and paid so much attention to detail – they even held onto the car keys for the getaway car until we were ready to leave, just to save us from searching for keys in the craziness of the day!

And the food!! We had the Chicken Toscana and sirloin carving stations as our entrees, and both meats were incredibly well cooked – very moist, tender, and well seasoned (with some veering on the saltier side). Many guests told us that the food was delicious (and everyone helped themselves to huge servings!). Just be sure to tell your guests to bring ID – some of our younger looking guests were carded. The apps were delicious too, esp the crab cakes and filet mignon tips.

Thanks BTB!

Sent on 03/24/2014

Ashley · Married on 03/15/2014

Everyone of my wedding guests RAVED about the food that Behind the Bash provided for my wedding. I had several people tell me it was the best cocktail hour they had ever attended. We had the cheese platter, the filet tips, bacon wrapped shrimp and southwest eggrolls. The filet was like butter and everyone loved the shrimp. For our buffet style dinner we had the pork loin, chicken with artichoke hearts, roasted vegetables, truffle mac and cheese, cajun pasta and the spring salad. Everything was to die for. The truffle mac and cheese definitely steals the show though! We had people going back for thirds because everything was so tasty.

We worked exclusively with Rebekah and she was just amazing. She was quick to follow up with all of our emails and requests and was so easy going. The day of the wedding she tended to my groom and I like no other could have. She always had a fresh drink ready for us, transitioned us to the next wedding "activity" throughout the whole night and just made us feel so incredibly special.

The bar staff was also phenomenal, all so friendly and quick with drink orders!

Sent on 03/26/2014

Casey · Married on 03/07/2014

We recently had our wedding and reception at The Parador. I can not rave enough about Rebekah with Behind the Bash, she was quite the pro at coordinating the event from start to finish. She helped keep the evening running smoothly, including a room flip! I originally had reservations about a room flip between the ceremony and reception, however Rebekah and her team made the process seamless. They were extremely helpful and made me feel at complete ease during the event.

We elected a buffet style dinner and I am so glad we did! The line went smoothly and the food was excellent. Absolutely love the jumbo, bacon wrapped shrimp. They do a wonderful job of presentation on the buffet so that it keeps the display elegant and made it flow well with the rest of the decor.

I highly recommend this fantastic venue and wonderful Behind the Bash team! You will be in excellent hands with this seasoned crew.

Sent on 03/19/2014

Christina · Married on 02/08/2014

My husband and I had our reception at the Parador a month ago and we could not have asked for more. Rebekah was just the person I needed in this stressful time. She served ad our coordinator and was very friendly, extremely organized and knew what she was doing! From the very beginning she was helpful and assured us that everything would work out perfectly. The day of went by so smoothly that I actually got to enjoy myself! Even when my dresses decided to go crazy on me. I highly recommend Behind the Bash, and if you have the pleasure of working Rebekah, know that your day really will be the greatest day of your life!

Sent on 03/05/2014

kayla · Married on 02/01/2014

Briscoe is amazing and so is their caterer. We had the fajitas buffet, and I can't tell you how many glowing compliments I received, not only for the nice change of pace but the taste. One thing people appreciate is being feed good food!

Sent on 03/10/2014

Mysti was amazing from the very beginning with signing the contract all the way through till our wedding had ended and our new life as husband and wife began. She is very friendly and extremely full of knowledge. Mysti was always there to help, even if I had a question outside of the normal. The day of our wedding, she was there to keep me calm and keep things moving smoothly. Throughout our reception she was very involved in making sure my husband and I were happy and always had a full glass in hand. she even saved the day with two sided tape for my dress. :) We were also extremly pleased with the food, it was delisous and we got lots of compliments on it from family and friends. I can't say enough about Mysti and her team at the Parador and I would recommend them for any event you have coming up.

Sent on 03/15/2014

Kenna · Married on 12/21/2013

Rachel and the Behind the Bash team are incredible! The food at our wedding was delicious and all of the servers and bartenders were first class! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 12/28/2013

Ruoyu · Married on 12/15/2013

We have got married a month ago at the Parador and had Behind the Bash as my catering vendor. Rebekah served as my wedding coordinator. Their service is excellent. Rebekah herself is very organized and responsive. We have met several times discussing and finally fixed all the details. We also communicated a lot through emails and her responds are quick. She is very experienced and have a lot of good ideas, which is not only helpful but also make me feel less nervous about the event. The wedding is very successful. I don't know everything about the wedding while being hidden in their small library for a while. But she did control everything and clearly their whole team are very professional (unfortunately I don't know other people's names), which guarantees all the steps right. The food is also impressive. It's very nice to work with Behind the Bash and Rebekah. I recommend them a lot.

Sent on 01/29/2014

Katie · Married on 12/14/2013

Stop looking at other caterers! Behind the Bash is all you need! The representative assigned to my wedding was Mysti and she was incredible! I had a wedding at a small venue with no cooking facilities which was a concern to me. Mysti said it would not be a problem and it really wasn't!

My husband and I are big foodies so good food was our number one priority. That really paid off because the food was just incredible! We had passed hors d'ouevres, a carving station, midnight snack and I have not one complaint. We got married outside on a cold night and I was very nervous about the food getting cold but BTB took care of that immediately. Everything about the food and alcohol was perfect and their staff is absolutely wonderful.

If you are smart enough to choose Behind the Bash for your wedding, I hope you are lucky enough to work with Mysti. She was always on top of her game, was very understanding of what I wanted, and genuinely cared about me and my husband.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Bryn · Married on 08/10/2013

Behind the Bash is such a wonderful catering vendor. Their food and service are truly top notch. Knowing Rachel and the staff were in our corner I had complete confidence that everything would be perfect, and it absolutely was.

Sent on 08/27/2013

Mags · Married on 07/26/2013

My husband and I often find ourselves reminiscing about our beautiful wedding even 6 months after the big day! We were so pleased with all services provided by Behind the Bash, but were especially blessed to have had Rebekah run the big bash! Her work behind the scenes and attention to details on our big day made "getting married" exactly that... getting married! We were able to enjoy each moment knowing that it was shaped by her expertise and knew that our wedding party and guests felt just as loved by her as we did. Thank you once again for your attentiveness, patience, and passion Rebekah! It's evident that positions like yours were created especially for people like you. Any bride and groom that are in your hands on their big day will be in for a treat! You're truly a special, genuine, kind, and hardworking young woman. Keep up the amazing work!

"The Lovebirds"

Sent on 01/29/2014
  • W

WYNONA · Married on 07/20/2013

OMG......the food was delicious!!! The portion sizes were generous and my guest loved every bite. We enjoyed working with Behind the Bash, Rebekah was fantastic and we loved working with her. Thanks for doing an outstanding job for us!!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Rachel was great. I had many friends tell me how much they liked their food at the reception. Rachel was extremely easy to talk to about the options that BTB offered and she helped my husband and I to select dishes that would go well together.

Sent on 06/30/2013

Rebekah and Mysti were excellent to work with. They were very responsive and helped answer all of my questions. BTB was the required cater at my venue (The Parador), but they were great! Rebekah was my day-of-coordinator and helped me plan all venue details prior to the wedding. Great food and great coordination servies!

Sent on 07/14/2013

Karla · Married on 06/09/2013

This review is long over due. My wedding was in June 2013 at the Parador and catered with Behind the Bash. Both provided phenomenal service and made my wedding day very special. Rebekah Patent was my main contact and wedding coordinator for the day. She was very attentive to all the details that needed to be handled for the day. She was able to manage so many things that day. Behind the Bash was extremely helpful and attentive to my needs as a bride. I had a Sunday wedding which posed some issues with the Saturday afternoon rehearsal. Rebekah worked her magic to make very thing work so that I would have no worries what so ever.

My guests loved the food at the wedding. I had a Sunday brunch and the food was phenomenal. Freshly prepared. Fresh ingredients. Everyone raved about how impressed they were with the wedding food as food at weddings can just be below standards.

They also had great recommendations for experienced vendors to choose from for flowers, photographers, etc.

Overall, I had a stress free wedding and great memories from my wedding day largely in part to the professionalism, experience, skill and passion that Behind the Bash brought organizing and planning my wedding. They come highly recommended from a detailed oriented person.

Sent on 08/13/2014

Behind the Bash is absolutely fabulous! Rachel is super easy to work with, extremely personable, and absolutely hilarious. The selection of food is incredible, and everything on the menu is absolutely delicious. Behind the Bash will take care of you!

Sent on 06/12/2013

Kelli · Married on 04/27/2013

Better than any restaurant you could go to

Sent on 01/09/2014

Nelsy · Married on 04/21/2013

Mysti did an awesome job in making my day spectacular.

Sent on 03/14/2014

Mandy · Married on 04/14/2013

The Briscoe Manor wedding venue uses Behind the Bash (BTB) as their on-site caterer. The fact that BTB has a good, on-site working relationship with the wedding venue made it convenient to coordinate between the two vendors, ask questions that concern both the venue and the catering, and plan the order of events. BTB provides a free food tasting to help their clients select the most delicious menu for their guests, and the serving staff is super friendly. Our contact was Rachel, and she was very responsive to my emails and she patiently answered all of my questions during the whole food and drink planning process. She was professional and offered valuable feedback on linen colors and menu selection. All of our guests made several comments on how tasty the food was, and how everything was cooked perfectly. BTB does a fantastic job of communicating well and following through with quality food. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 04/28/2013

Vanessa · Married on 04/14/2013

Our guests talk about the delicious food, over a year later. We had our spring garden wedding at The Parador with coordination and catering from BTB. From appetizers to cake cutting, the timing was perfect.

Mysti, Rebekah and the entire Behind the Bash staff were fantastic. They were flexible and responsive via phone and email up to and including the big day. Rebekah was our day-of coordinator - she was organized, focused, sweet and helpful throughout the entire planning process.

Behind the Bash is fantastic, I can't thank them enough for a fabulous day!

Sent on 04/16/2014