Beginning Bliss Reviews

9 | Redwood City, CA

9 Reviews for Beginning Bliss

Elise · Married on 09/04/2016

Lorraine is amazing, amazing, amazing. She is an affordable wedding planner who was a DIY bride herself and understands and respects those types of weddings. When I first met her, I knew she was an on the ball woman who had it together. At our run-through, she asked questions only a professional would know. She went through a certified program (helpful when interviewing to ask either if your planner has this or how many weddings exactly they have done). There were a few twists and turns that came up day-of and she handled it like a pro - we never even knew anything had happened. I'm truly sad I don't get to have more weddings because I would love to work with her more. Hopefully I can recommend her to all my friends so I may see her again! :)

P.S. She worked with us at Falkirk Cultural Center. If you are planning your event there it is very helpful to use people who have been at the venue before.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Maria · Married on 07/26/2014

Lorraine was a pleasure to work with.

She was very professional and stayed on top of things.

We had an issue with our flowers being delivered late to church but with Lorraine's help and professionalism I was able to stay relaxed and able to get a refund from the vendor after.

We had 250 guests at our reception and although there were several incidents that happened I was not made aware of since they were all taken care of by Lorraine.

Very affordable and now I feel like i did not pay her enough for all the great things she did for us!

Our wedding was a success and I owe a big part of it to our wonderful wedding planner Lorraine.

She's worth every dollar spent!

Sent on 04/18/2015

Christine · Married on 04/26/2014

She is very organized, experienced and informational. She is kind and funny while being strict. She totally bring all of my dream about wedding come true and adjust it so it fits my budget. Lorraine was confident that i can have my affordable beautiful wedding. I can never thank her enough. She made the whole preparation fun and secure where it could easily became chaos. My wedding was so beautiful, people guessed that I spent twice more than what I actually spent. Thank you Lorraine!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Anastasia · Married on 06/02/2012

Lorraine is INCREDIBLE! She (and Sarah, who worked as her assistant for the day) were our day-of-coordinators for our wedding this Saturday, and I truly do not have enough words to describe what an amazing job Lorraine did. As someone who was initially unsure of hiring a day-of-coordinator, I can say that this was best decision we made in planning our wedding! Lorraine is not only a really positive and kind person, but she is also super efficient and made sure that everything went smoothly. She responds quickly to emails and was always available to answer any questions we had. She took charge and dealt with any problems that arose during our big day and allowed us to just relax and enjoy our special day. I would recommend Lorraine to anyone!

Sent on 06/04/2012

S · Married on 07/10/2011

Lorraine was the best vendor we hired for our wedding! As in every wedding, we encountered a few issues throughout the day and she handled them and me (the bride) perfectly. She knew when to take initiative to fix a problem and when to ask for an opinion. Everyone in the wedding party looked to her for answers on random things and made sure everything ran smoothly and seamlessly. I cannot describe the peace-of-mind she brought to our wedding for myself and my Mom. There is so much to do on the day of and Lorraine took all of the responsibility and allowed the rest of us to enjoy our day :) She was upbeat, honest, detailed, and a joy to work with! Her communication is outstanding both before and during the wedding. I knew nothing would get left behind with Lorraine in control; and looking back, I am thrilled with how everything turned out. I cannot say enough positive things about her and I know you would be very lucky to have her by your side on your big day!

Sent on 08/09/2011

Stephanie · Married on 05/28/2011

Lorraine was awesome to work with! We actually won a free "day of" coordination from a Bridal fair with Lorraine but she treated us like any other clients. She was a great help to me on the small details of the wedding that I couldn't handle myself. She met with me several times to help me plan and even came over to my house a few days before the wedding to finalize all the details. If I had to do it over again, I would totally hire Lorraine to do all my planning :)

Sent on 06/08/2011

ChieuHoang · Married on 07/24/2010

I MUST say that Lorraine is our life-saver! Even though we hired her for just part-time service ("day-of" service) but she did more than we expected. Her personality made us (especially me) feel comfortable. She was always willing to meet us anytime in order to get things done. She worked well with all vendors and the church to make sure everything was on right direction and on time. Lorraine guided us through many things that I could NEVER be able to think of. I would recommend her to everyone.
    NOTE: My wedding was mixed of East and West cultural (Vietnamese and Irish).

Sent on 09/07/2010

Diana · Married on 09/26/2009

Our wedding would have not been the same if I had not hired Beginning Bliss. Not only was Lorraine professional but also had great input for our wedding. She took the stress away from planing and truly treated our wedding as if it were her own. Thank You!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Karin · Married on 08/15/2009

We used Beginning Bliss to help us plan our destination wedding in Lake Tahoe in August of 2009. We really needed help making sure the day of went smoothly and we needed help with last minute details. Lorraine was such a professional and we knew the day would run smoothly with her help.

Throughout the planning we met several times and also exchanged a ton of emails. Lorraine was always very quick to respond to our many questions and requests, and was always able to ease our worries. She helped us deal with issues we hadn't even considered and made so many helpful suggestions. Her attention to detail and knowledge were absolutely invaluable. Lorraine completely ran the day of - dealing with vendors, answering their questions, making sure we were all on schedule and making sure everyone was where they needed to be. This was no small task considering she hadn't met many of the vendors in person or even been to the site. Destination wedding planning can be very tricky but my husband and I were able to stop stressing about the details of the day and relax, knowing she would handle everything.

We could not be happier with our wedding, it was the most beautiful and perfect day and I can't think of a single thing I would have changed or done differently. I know that was largely due to Lorraine. The day was exactly like we pictured and everything we ever could have wanted. I highly recommend Beginning Bliss and Lorraine for wedding planning services. She will go above and beyond what you ask of her to make sure your day is perfect.

Sent on 02/01/2010