55 Reviews for Roadside Chive

No Pork (1)
House Wine (1)
Premium Liquor (1)
Tables (1)

Currey and her team are just incredible in every way. Currey literally became my wedding planner (especially when the real wedding planner went MIA for a month or so, ah!) and helped with every single question my mom, my dad and my partner and I had throughout the year. She was a trooper with all our inquiries but always responsive and accommodating. Currey is easygoing and a pleasure to work with. The food was incredible. Everyone keep saying this wasn't "wedding food" and how delicious everything was, from the appetizer to the meal. She also helped create our couple's cocktail which wasn't so simple-old fashion with housemade cherries. I would recommend Roadside Chive to anyone that needs wonderful food and service. Cannot thank her and her team for making my wedding day so special.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/9/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Southern, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

Roadside Chive was the caterer for our daughter and new son-in-law's wedding at the Market at Grelen on June 24, 2017. I cannot praise Roadside Chive enough (Currey Fountain, Danielle, and all the staff). The food was delicious, the setup was done perfectly, and ALL the staff involved were so professional, but friendly and helpful to all our guests. Our day of wedding coordinator, Rachel Shamey, who was provided to us through Roadside Chive, was excellent and helped to make the wedding run smoothly.

We started our journey with Roadside Chive back in September 2016. From the beginning, Currey Fountain, the owner, was fun to work with, so helpful and accommodating to me in the planning process, and always upbeat and offering great ideas. Our tasting was so much fun! The details of the event (from tables to linens) were handled beautifully by Roadside Chive (working with Gibson Rental and Beggars Banquet); and on the day of the event, everything looked gorgeous! The food was wonderful and presented in such a lovely way.

I highly recommend Roadside Chive to anyone planning a wedding or event in the Orange/Charlottesville, VA area. They helped to make our daughter's wedding a stunning event, and I would use them again in a heartbeat!
Callie Call - Mother of the Bride

Profile Picture Callie, 6/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Roadside Chive absolutely blew us away. If you do not hire them, you aren't trying hard enough to have a memorable and affordable wedding. Everything from start to finish was exceptional. Currey helped us every step of the way. We loved that they do not have a set menu. After a short meeting with Currey, she put together what she thought we would want, and it was spot on. The one thing with our wedding that we never stressed with at all was the catering.

Currey gave the appearance that everything would be taken care of, down to the details we weren't even thinking of. They executed even above these expectations the day of. The staff showed up on time, was charming, and of course the food was amazing. By far the best food I have ever had at a wedding.

We can honestly say that our wedding would not have been as good as it was without Currey and her team at Roadside Chive. We received tons of compliments about the food, and even the friendliness of the staff

Profile Picture ben, 6/17/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Roadside Chive Catering & Events were an absolute pleasure to work with! On our initial call, we were thrilled that Currey took the time to really understand our vision for our wedding day, our favorite foods, and family traditions. She then came up with an amazing custom menu that only required a few tweaks when we met in-person for the first time. We loved everything at the menu tasting, even the fresh nectarine and corn salad which they went our of their way to prepare for us wayyy before nectarines were in season. Currey was always responsive to our questions via email and attended our final walk-through at the venue to confirm our layout since her team also set up all ceremony and reception tables and chairs. On the day of the wedding, Danielle and the Roadside Chive team executed everything flawlessly. Danielle kept our 140 guests organized as they went through the buffet, and all of the servers were courteous. Many guests complimented the friendly service. Our food was FANTASTIC. The mango chutney and parsley chimichurri sauce for falafel and Indian-spiced potato rolls were two of my favorites. We were also impressed that the thinly sliced cilantro lime grilled chicken breasts stayed moist and tender. The fresh nectarine, corn and arugula salad was refreshing and perfect for the hot weather. Thank you so much for everything, Currey, Danielle, and the whole Roadside Chive team!

Profile Picture Kalika, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Gluten Free, No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian, Indian, Local, Middle Eastern, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We hired Roadside chive as our caterer for our wedding in June 2017. From the first day we were in contact with Currey and Danielle to the actual wedding, it was such a seamless and actually fun process! We did a tasting of our menu and absolutely LOVED how delicious it all was and how accommodating Currey, Danielle and their team were. Not only was the food tasty but on the actual day of the wedding they helped with so much coordination of moving around tables, setting up decor or whatever we needed. Their entire staff was so warm and welcoming along with being professional. We are so happy to have hired them as our caterer.

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Tables, Gluten Free, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s)

Currey and her team at Roadside Chive created the most elegant, delicious and beautiful meal for our wedding. All of the food was fantastic, and our guests were very pleased and satisfied! Currey was a delight to work with-- she is extremely talented, patient, and responsive to our requests and desires. Not only that, Currey is a true pro- she had wonderful recommendations and helped connect us to other wedding vendors. Currey is the real deal and her team is top notch. All the servers were courteous and professional, and pulled of the entire wedding party very smoothly! We also had the pleasure of working with Danielle Johnson, from Roadside Chive, who helped us as a "day of planner". Danielle was FANTASTIC. She swooped in before the wedding and took the reins so that we could relax and enjoy our wedding day. She coordinated the vendors and set up, and made sure the overall timeline of the wedding and meal were maintained. I was confident knowing that Danielle would take care of the details and last minute calls/tasks on the day of the wedding. If you are lucky enough to book Roadside Chive for your event, you will be in fantastic hands.

Profile Picture Lynne, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegan, Vegetarian, Plated, American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s)

Hire Roadside Chive, period. Okay, working with Currey and her Roadside Chive was such an exceptional experience! We reached out to Roadside Chive about 10 months before the wedding, and immediately got response from Currey and followed by proposed menu and estimates. The initial consultation on the menu gave me a strong feeling that Currey really cared her customers. No matter how little the suggestion or concern I made, she always recommended something even better, always beyond my expectations. But we did not make the final decision until tasting where we found that food was so delicious and beautifully presented, Currey and her team were so well prepared and listened to our requirements, moreover, she thought and planned from our perspective to save us money. Currey had all the great characteristics of running a wedding catering company—professional, experienced, efficient, organized, responsive, details-focused, patient, etc. She took care of all my questions and suggestions promptly and made sure they were well documented in the proposal, which eased the whole planning process so much! Currey and the team did much much beyond food and beverages, e.g., they took care of rental stuff so we did not need to deal with another vendor, they had lots of beautiful decors that could be rented in very low prices, and they were knowledgeable and always willing to help when we asked for suggestions in various aspects. Besides Currey, we also worked a lot with Danielle and Abby, our day-of coordinator and her assistant. They were extremely organized, helpful, and fun! We did not lose a single decor item that we provided; Danielle brought us food and made sure we were fed; she kept checking on my dress to stay flawless on me. At the end of the day, we harvested a big pack of food (free!) to eat for the next-day brunch, nice friends, and an amazing experience that we could always look back on for the rest of our life. To sum up, hire Currey, trust her, and you are good to go.

Profile Picture Xin, 3/26/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American

Roadside Chive was, without a doubt, one of the best investments we made for our wedding. Currey was helpful, kind, and generous with explaining every step of the catering process. Our food was delicious and presented beautifully. We are still getting compliments weeks later. Most importantly, in my opinion, Roadside's staff was attentive, fun, smiley and went out of their way to help create details that made our wedding beautiful beyond our imaginations. Thank you SO much for everything you do Roadside crew, you all are awesome!

Profile Picture Anna, 10/16/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Vegetarian, House Wine, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, American, Middle Eastern, Southern

I can not recommend Currey and her team highly enough. From the initial consultation to the tasting to the day itself, she made every single element of planning a breeze. Currey was so responsive, solution-oriented, and creative in every element of our wedding. We had a first time wedding venue that also happened to have strict kosher requirements. Currey was incredible in making sure this all went off without a hitch and helped us design a delicious kosher-friendly menu (that still pleased my very non-Jewish husband and guests!). We worked with Rachel, one of the wedding coordinators on our team, for 30-day planning. She kept the day moving perfectly and handled so many elements of coordinating vendors in the weeks leading up to our big day. On top of all of this, RSC was an incredible value and so affordable. We love you Currey, Rachel, and RSC team! Thank you for everything! Brides and grooms--book them for your Central VA wedding ASAP!

Profile Picture User4897695, 1+ year ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Champagne Toast, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, American, Mediterranean, Southern, Gluten Free, Kosher, Vegan

Currey and the whole team at Roadside were an absolute dream to work with and our food was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented! My husband and I cared a lot about having high-quality food that wasn't your typical bland wedding food. We had tastings with two other vendors and the quality of the food along with the professionalism and organization at Roadside Chive were unparalleled. Currey was extremely responsive to questions and concerns, and helped us make a super flavorful custom menu based on our feedback. She is also incredibly knowledgeable about wedding planning in general and was an awesome resource for our timeline and planning in general. We got so many compliments from our guests and absolutely loved our menu. Furthermore, all of the service staff was speedy, professional, and on top of their game. I have never had catering that even comes close to Roadside Chive. I would HIGHLY recommend Roadside Chive.

Profile Picture Gabriella, 6/11/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, American, Caribbean, Mediterranean, Spanish, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

We used Roadside Chive as our catering team for our wedding last weekend, and we could not have been more pleased. From start to finish, Currey was amazing. She was incredibly responsive to questions about everything from A to Z and the food was delicious. On the day of, her team provided a great experience for us. She was also very respectful of our budget and worked with us to create a menu that fit within what we were able to spend. I highly recommend RSC to anyone getting married in this area.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 5/7/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Road Side Chive under the leadership of Currey was the perfect team to provide delicious, visually appealing food and well-trained professional staff. I greatly appreciated the flexibility that Road Side Chive gave me when it came to guest numbers and switching up drink decisions based on the weather. My husband and I were very lucky to have Road Side Chive on our team. Thank you very much being so warm and helpful! ??

Profile Picture Matt and Gwen, 10/17/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Catering

Road Side Chive and Currey did the most wonderful food for our reception. We are vegetarian and Currey came up with a delicious all-vegetarian menu that left our carnivorous guests raving. RSC were very responsive and accommodated all of our requests, changes and last-minute change in guest numbers. We went for a "family-style" service which looked great and people loved. The food looked and tasted fantastic. The service was amazing and they made sure that some food was kept aside for us. The homey yet elegant food really matched the feel of our day. RSC came highly recommended by our venue (The Inn at Westwood Farm) and we were very glad we went with them.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/17/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegan, Vegetarian, Champagne Toast, American, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres

I would definitely suggest Roadside Chive to anyone needing a caterer for their wedding. From start to finish, Curray was more than accommodating. She took all of our suggestions and the food turned out amazing! The service was superb and we couldn't have asked for a better caterer!

Profile Picture Sherrie, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

The best wedding decision I made was booking Currey and the team at Roadside Chive. From the beginning, she respected our budget, offered plenty of helpful suggestions, and took the reins when I asked her to. I mentioned that a few of our guests were dairy- and gluten-free, and she crafted our entire menu to fit what they could eat. The food was outstanding, and she was completely open to changes throughout the process as well as very reachable by phone and email. Currey also went above and beyond by offering suggestions for local transportation & lodging options (we are from out of town). I was blown away by her professionalism & customer service. Our day-of coordinator, Taylor, was the second best decision I made! She was invaluable the month prior to the wedding, and was experienced in weddings at our venue which was a big deal for me. She offered great suggestions and was very knowledgeable. I felt totally relaxed because I knew everything was handled. On the big day, guests kept complimenting the catering staff and how friendly they were. Their customer service and professionalism is bar none, and they'll work with any budget. It's a no brainer! Thank you Roadside Chive!

Profile Picture Monica, 9/12/15, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, American, Gluten Free, Lactose Free

The folks at RSC are excellent! They were very flexible, professional, and kind. The food was delicious!!! and many guests requested a take home box if there were any l

Profile Picture Grace, 9/12/15, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Family Style, American, Southern, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

Roadside Chive helped make our wedding day exactly what we envisioned! The staff was professional, friendly, and efficient, and they made everything look perfect. From the early planning stages to the wedding day, Currey was responsive and helpful. She created a menu that was perfect for us- the food was DELICIOUS and beautifully displayed. Roadside Chive is the best of the best. I am so lucky that they were a part of my wedding day!

Profile Picture Mary, 9/5/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception

I am so, so happy that we decided to have Currey and Roadside Chive cater our wedding. I can't think of a single criticism or area in which she and her awesome team could have done better... they were that good. We chose Roadside Chive because we loved the idea of creating our own menu from scratch, and their prices are competitive compared to some other major Charlottesville caterers. We wanted a family-style meal and we wanted to provide our own alcohol, and Currey was more than happy to accommodate. She worked with me for months to create a perfect menu, patiently and promptly responding to emails, and always offering enthusiasm and great advice. Currey's ability to produce incredible food on a large scale is really amazing. We served chimichurri steak, a teriyaki salmon with two sauces, mac and cheese, potatoes, and roasted vegetables, and every dish was fresh and flavorful. Currey also did so many little things to make our day wonderful: creating signature cocktails that guests raved about, packing a huge "to go" box of leftovers for us, ensuring that bride/groom and toasters were served first, and taking so many small tasks off our plate during the busy weeks before the wedding. Our guests also raved about the friendliness of the catering staff and bartenders. Currey is well-acquainted with tons of other wedding professionals in Charlottesville, which makes coordination among your vendors a breeze. Long story short, I would recommend Roadside Chive (and their rentals partner, Beggars Banquet) wholeheartedly. They are fun, creative, professional, responsive, a great value, and will make your wedding awesome.

Profile Picture Ryan, 9/5/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

There will be a lot of superlatives in this review that may appear as exaggerations -- I assure you, they are not. The Roadside Chive team was a magical gem that makes me wish I was throwing a wedding party every weekend.

Working with Currey was really fun! Her energy is totally contagious! Everything was easy with her and her team, even the things that are rarely easy -- like dealing with my highly demanding Russian event-planner mother. Currey expertly walked the line of doing things exactly the way my groom and I wanted while also leaving my mom entirely pleased and glowing.

Apart from nice rates, what originally sold us on Roadside Chive is their offer to take care of a ton of things that I appreciated not having to even approach, like liquor licenses and such. As a clueless bride, I was grateful for Currey's quick but solid rough plan and for her & her staff's clever and kind money-saving tips and flexibility in tweaking it over time. They agreed to whip up some special-request Russian dishes, including a pretty weird family recipe of a very obscure dish. At the tasting, I nearly teared up: it tasted exactly like my mom's!

On wedding day, our drinks, appetizers and buffet dinner were all fresh, beautiful and tasty. It's probably a millionth time I've said this over recent weeks, but holy cow, I could eat Roadside Chive's hot-smoked salmon every day for the rest of my life. The service was highly professional and seamless. They even thoughtfully brought appetizers for my groom and me during our post-ceremony photo shoot AND later packed away full plates of dinner for a post-wedding meal, in case we didn't get to eat enough as many couples do. But I'm proud to say I was one of the first people in line for the dinner buffet -- have I mentioned the insane hot-smoked salmon? :) The team also packaged up all the leftovers for a crazy-convenient day-after-the-wedding dinner that made my family feel like the celebration wasn't over.

Profile Picture A+B, 8/22/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

I don't even know where to start! Currey was SO fantastic to work with. She is the first vendor I hired and she was so helpful with recommendations for other vendors. I felt so lucky to have found Currey and her team!

If you are like me you're probably spending a ridiculous amount of time trying to find the most economical way to cater your wedding. I'll save you time--Beggars is the way to go. I contacted probably 8 caterers in the area and nobody else even came close to Currey's proposal. Also, Currey was by far the nicest and most helpful caterer I talked to. A few of the companies were blatantly rude and condescending when I told them my budget. Currey helped me work backwards and figure out how we could do the most with the budget I had.

The food is fantastic! And the service was wonderful. We did a buffet dinner and we were so pleased by the quality of the meal.

More than anything else I would recommend hiring Taylor for day of coordination or event planning. Again, I was amazed at the price and everything it included. I decided to hire Taylor for event planning which includes 6 weeks of planning before the wedding. I'm in my last year of medical school and about 6 months before the wedding I seriously considered pushing back the wedding to the spring because I simply didn't have time to plan it. In the midst of this drama my mother called Currey and talked to her about the potential to hire Taylor for more than 6 weeks of event planning. Currey said of course she could help! In fact, Taylor would help me for the next 6 months and only charge us for the 6 weeks of planning. It was such a blessing! Taylor is the reason we were able to pull off the wedding and not push it back to the spring. Taylor was SO helpful and kind. She has great ideas and thinks of every little detail. The wedding ran so smoothly and that is all because of Taylor. I truly cannot recommend her services highly enough!

Profile Picture Erin, 12/21/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Beggars Banquet is awesome. BB are complete and total rock stars of catering. I started with a small idea; but, ended with a large idea. Curry was always available via phone or email. She adapted and changed the quotes all the way until the end. She also took multiple payments. We had the ceremony rehearsal, the bridesmaid brunch, and the reception catered by BB. EVERYTHING was beautiful and so good. We had a signature drink that everyone loved. This vendor and these people are awesome. I would use them again and again.

Profile Picture User4661213, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Currey and her team are absolutely incredible! The food? Perfection. We did not stop receiving compliments for days following our wedding about the food, the service and overall "feel" of our day. Aside from the seamless service we received wedding day, Currey was an absolute (patient) dream during the planning process. She was quick to respond to all of my emails, offered her honest opinion and helped when I needed it most.

I can't speak enough about the quality of food we had at the wedding! The tasting was such a treat and the wedding day food was beyond what we could have imagined. Everything was prepared perfectly and we came back to our room at midnight to a heaping plate of leftovers. The best!
My husband had a special request to have the green beans prepared a certain way, albeit high maintenance, and the Chef delivered! So, so good.

Book Beggar's! We'll be back to them for future events.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We were extremely pleased with Beggars Banquet Catering for our daughter's wedding on 9/27/14. They were always available and prompt with any questions we had. And they worked with us on using our own beef and other farm products which kept the cost down, etc. The presentation was beautiful and the food was delicious. They just made everything easy! Their staff was professional and Currey offered wonderful suggestions. I would encourage you to contact them for your wedding reception. Or for any event where you need awesome food and service!

Profile Picture Nancy, 9/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

The amazing team that is Beggars Banquet can only be described as absolute perfection. From the first initial email, I instantly fell in love with Currey, Marty, and their wonderful, spectacular team. Questions were asked like "what is yours and your fiancé's favorite food?" and "what do you gravitate towards for meals?" made me quickly realize that we weren't just another couple in a production line of weddings, we were a couple who was going to have exactly what the wedding we envisioned. I casually mentioned to Currey that I really liked chevron and when we received our first menu/timeline, there they were clear as day: navy blue chevron napkins. I would email Currey with crazy, random questions and she never once blinked an eye at what I was asking and she would always reply with the kindest, honest responses and put my mind at ease. Every single person came up to us and said how amazing the food and the service was the whole night.
Then there's Taylor. Taylor is the day-of wedding coordinator, but she is SO much more. Taylor, I can't even begin to say how much Will, myself and all our family & friends appreciate you. You absolutely, without a doubt, got our vision for the reception. I walked into our reception and I cried tears of sheer happiness, it took my breath away. Taylor's quick responses to my insane emails made me feel like I wasn't going crazy and she would always quickly reply and put my bridal brain at ease. Taylor: you're amazing at your job!!
I could literally go on and on about how incredibly wonderful Currey, Marty, Taylor, and the rest of the amazing staff at Beggars are for pages and pages! I would recommend Beggars Banquet to the moon and back!! Thank you, Beggars!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/6/14, 2 Reviews