Becky Young Photography Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Becky Young Photography 1
Becky Young Photography 2

Kaleigh · Married on 08/13/2018

Becky was phenomenal. Period. My husband and I were living in Rhode Island during our wedding planning but we knew from the start Colorado was where we wanted to get married. Being huge hikers and outdoors lovers, it was a given. We also knew from the start that we wanted to keep things small and simple, by “eloping” with just our parents and siblings. Finding an elopement/intimate wedding photographer in Colorado? Who has as much appreciation for the outdoors as myself? A total no brainer! Sorting out logistics long distance was initially stressful, but after I started chatting with Becky, she helped me feel at ease. She is an expert on all things Colorado, and has so much experience shooting at different venues, particularly mine at the Maroon Bells. There were so many finicky things I needed to do in preparation for my tiny wedding at the Bells, but I didn’t sweat the photographer part at all. She was immensely helpful in helping me discover businesses in the area, fun things to do and see, as well as locations to rent a home for my family during our stay. It was practically like having a wedding planner! The pictures from our wedding turned out so perfectly, and all my friends, family, and co-workers were blown away by the beauty she captured in the mountain setting. She exceeded my expectations by a mile, and I already knew she was going to be great. If I had to do it all over again, I’d choose Becky again and again! Thanks Becky!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Michelle · Married on 07/12/2018

Becky was phenomenal. She made our elopement dreams come true. Some family felt very left out because we eloped, but have remarked that Becky's pictures made them feel as if they were there. They are great quality. I don't enjoy seeing photos of myself, but these perfectly captured the day and she knows what she's doing. I could and do look at them constantly. She made this insecure bride feel beautiful. She chose our location since we aren't from there and helped us with directions and tips so we could be ready on the day. I never waited long to hear back from her. She was a dream. We would not change a thing!

Sent on 07/26/2018
    Becky Young Photography 3

Samantha · Married on 03/24/2018

Becky let us know early on that she would not be available on our date and that another photographer in her team, Danielle, would be our photographer instead. While I'm sure Becky would've done a wonderful job, I have to say that I am so glad Danielle was our photographer. Her fun, laid back personality jelled perfectly with my husband and I, and she made us feel totally relaxed during the whole shoot--which is saying something considering that neither my husband or I like having our pictures taken. I expected to have to wait weeks for our photos to come back, but we received an email with the link to our portfolio less than a week after our wedding (note: I'm not sure if this is the norm or not, so please understand your mileage may vary) and the pictures were absolutely beautiful. Danielle not only did an amazing job and was extremely professional (even showing up earlier than expected on the day-of), but she was also a really cool person to hang out with and to share in the happiness and fun of our wedding day. 5/5 in all categories and we highly recommend!

Sent on 04/14/2018

Joshua · Married on 09/30/2017

Needless to say, Becky is phenomenal! My wife found her online by searching local photographers and she fell in love with her photography. We are extremely happy that we booked her. She was so wonderful to work with. None of those goofy, awkward poses and photos... she wanted to take photos of us having natural interactions and wow! The photos came out so great. She took a ton of photos during our ceremony and we didn't even notice she was there. We were surprised by how "stealthy" she was during the process. Becky helped capture the perfect day and I couldn't be happier with the results. I highly, highly recommend her for ANY photography needs!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Landon · Married on 09/29/2017

Becky was beyond amazing to work with during our elopement in RMNP. From the moment we contacted her it was evident that she cared deeply about her clients experiences and outcomes – and it shows in her work. Her and her website were incredibly helpful in the planning stages of our elopement since we were unfamiliar with the area (we are from out of state). Not only was she wonderful to work with but is a true artist who produces amazing photographs. We do not think of ourselves as photogenic but Becky made us extremely comfortable and made our time with her so enjoyable. We highly recommend her – you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/14/2017
    Becky Young Photography 4
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 07/15/2017

Becky and Andrea were top notch! helpful, responsive, and truly wonderful women to work with! The best vendor we worked with for our entire wedding!! We found Becky after we decided to Elope in Colorado - her helpfulness and peppy energy gave us full confidence our wedding photos would be fantastic. I was married a week ago and Becky already sent along 10 sneak peaks for us to enjoy while waiting on the rest of the album! Each picture makes me squeal with delight! Worth every penny and more! Becky and Andrea and the rest of the team is the best!!!!

Sent on 07/22/2017

Rachel · Married on 07/02/2017

Becky was absolutely amazing. We were a little nervous coming from 1,200 miles away we didn't know what to expect but the moment we met with her she made us feel so comfortable. She was very sweet and knew exactly what she was doing. Her quality of work is breathtaking and I am so grateful she was the one taking pictures of such a special and intimate moment. She told us to act natural and that's exactly what we did. The pictures came out better than I could of imagined. If your looking for a photographer for your elopement or intimate wedding look no farther than Becky Young Photography. Thank you so much (:

Sent on 07/12/2017

Evelyn · Married on 10/10/2016

Becky was absolutely amazing and my wedding pictures are GORGEOUS! I could not be happier with the outcome of everything. My husband and I were eloping to Colorado from New York and we only had about less than a month to plan everything. After seeing Becky's work on her blog, we knew that she was exactly who we wanted for our special day. I emailed with Becky for the few weeks leading up to our big day, and she was EXTREMELY helpful with everything! She quickly replied to any questions or concerns I might have had, was SO easy to work with, very kind and friendly. Thank you Becky for our amazing pictures!!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Jackie · Married on 09/30/2016

My husband and I got married in Rocky Mountain National park on September 30, 2016. There are so many decisions when it comes to wedding planning and choosing Becky Young Photography as our photographer was by far the best decision we made. She was amazing in every way! She was quick to respond, listened to our vision and the pictures came out better than I ever imagined. If you are looking for a wedding photographer to capture your special day, Becky Young is OUTSTANDING!!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Angie · Married on 09/22/2016

Becky was one of the best decision we made when deciding to elope. She communicated very well and was so helpful in planning our special day -- so friendly and personable. She was able to get candid shots of our ceremony without distraction. And to say she is professional and flexible is an understatement. She went above and beyond to get us lovely pictures even spending extra time when our first location was overrun with elk (which was cool but not helpful) and we had to relocate. We would highly recommend Becky Young to anyone asking.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Megan · Married on 09/16/2016

My husband and I could not have asked for a better photographer for our small elopement! Becky was SO sweet and SO helpful! :)

Sent on 10/09/2016

Rachel · Married on 08/20/2016

Becky is a wonderful photographer!! Our wedding pictures came out beautiful! They were better than I could have ever imagined :)

Becky was always very professional, flexible and so easy to work with. She not only took our beautiful photos but she also went location scouting for us and found us the perfect location! I would recommend Becky to anyone. She helped make my wedding day so special for my husband and I.

Sent on 09/11/2016

Amber · Married on 08/20/2016

We were so lucky to have Andrea as our wedding photographer for our August 2016 wedding! She was BEYOND AMAZING!. Wedding photos were my "pick" for what element was most important to me for our wedding planning budget. I was really worried because I wanted awesome photos but we were still on a tight budget. I've never gotten very good professional pictures before so I worried that I just don't look nice in pictures. Andrea proved that wrong! I was hopeful that we'd get 3-5 REALLY good photos; the ones you hang on your wall. Well, boy were my expectations EXCEEDED! Becky sent us Andreas photos and ALL OF THEM WERE AMAZING! My new biggest problem is picking from SO MANY pictures that I absolutely LOVE! They look like pictures right off of a Pinterest wedding blog that I love! I am SO SO SO impressed - I can't right enough amazing things. Andrea was fast too - she got all the pictures I wanted and my family said at the time "well she went so fast - do you think they'll come out?" They sure did! And it allowed more time during such a busy day to visit with family and friends!

Sent on 08/29/2016
  • I

I don't like · Married on 08/18/2016

Very reliable. Helped us find the perfect location for our wedding. Took unbelievable pictures.

Sent on 01/24/2017

Kristen · Married on 08/06/2016

Becky was amazing from the start; we wanted to have a photographer who was familiar with intimate weddings because we only had 10 guests at our ceremony. She was amazing! All of our family members appreciated her professionalism and her presence. She also has a super simple online contract and payment system that made the entire process a breeze. We loved working with her, and all of our friends have been totally wowed by her photos! Couldn't recommend her any higher.

Sent on 08/14/2016

Kristin · Married on 08/01/2016

Booking Becky's services was the single best decision I made during our wedding planning process. From the very beginning she was super responsive and fun to work with. She even helped us figure out details like ideal timing for the ceremony given light and weather of the area (of which she was familiar)! We loved working with Becky and were blown away by the final product. Book her before you do anything else!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Katie · Married on 06/11/2016

I would absolutely recommend Becky Young Photography. My husband and I worked with Andrea and Danielle and both were wonderful. They were timely, professional, fun, kind and all of my guests liked them. They moved around like they weren't even there and really did a fabulous job of capturing our day. They really made everyone feel very comfortable and gave great direction. I would use them again in a heart beat! Thanks for everything girls!!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Klaye · Married on 05/24/2016

When I began looking for a photographer for our elopement in Colorado, I fell in love with Becky's work. She was so quick to respond to any questions I had, and helped us find a location and an officiant for the ceremony. I absolutely LOVE my photos, and she captured the day so perfectly! We had to cancel our original date, due to circumstances beyond our control, and she easily re-booked us, with no trouble at all. I would highly recommend Becky to any couple looking to elope in Colorado!! She is absolutely the best!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Stacy · Married on 04/22/2016

Becky's website photos really set us off on the path we chose in planning our entire wedding. It was the least stressful part of our whole planning process - coordinating with her. She was very responsive and informative; organized, professional; and, best of all FUN! Best money we spent. The photos are absolutely stunning - so many priceless moments captured. It was a true pleasure working with her!

Sent on 05/10/2016

Liz · Married on 12/19/2015

Throughout the planning process Becky was there every step of the way answering emails, sending information and taking all the stress off of us.

My husband and I like to be more behind the scenes and had never taken professional pictures before. We were both a bit nervous about being front and center of the camera but Becky and Andrea made us feel so comfortable and really allowed us to be ourselves! They were so thoughtful in plotting out the best spots at our wedding venue and were even up for taking some shots right in the middle of the ski slope (one of our favorite places!) Their organization to keep things on timeline the day of was outstanding.

Becky and Andrea did such a fantastic job, we couldn't be more pleased. As we look through all the pictures to print we can't seem cut the list down, we need to have every one! Each picture was taken with such love, passion and creativity and really captures our personalities, emotions and the beauty of our wedding day. Thank you, Becky and Andrea, for such wonderful, magical memories!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Samantha · Married on 09/30/2015

Becky was awesome to work with! Our photos are amazing and more than I could have ever asked for. She was so fun to work with and such a sweet person. I absolutely loved that she was our photographer. I can't thank her enough for capturing our wedding the way she did. I will cherish our photos forever!!

Sent on 10/12/2015
  • TinaB

Christina · Married on 08/27/2015

Love! That's how I feel about the photographs Becky was able to capture for our recent mountain-top elopement. I say this with complete sincerity and with our deepest gratitude. My husband and I decided to elope in Colorado, one of our favorite places on earth (far away from our family and friends in Pennsylvania). We decided to do it on top of a mountain at sunrise and without any one there but a photographer to capture & document the gorgeous scenery, love and excitement for everyone to see and experience back home. So, as you can imagine, choosing a photographer was a hugely important task. As I started searching the vast Internet, I came across Becky's blog and her beautiful work. Reading about her and seeing the images she has produced, we knew immediately that Becky was the one we wanted to work with. We could not have made a more perfect decision. Becky was awesome to work with. She braved a super early and super cold morning at seriously high altitude and all the while she was totally accommodating and on point. She was great about making on-the-spot suggestions for scenery changes and let us be ourselves. She was also super helpful prior to and after the shoot and was always available for questions. The turnaround time to get our photos was also quick and prompt. We not only ended up with GORGEOUS photos that everyone is totally swooning over, but we had fun while doing it. We loved getting to work with and getting to know Becky and cannot recommend her enough. Truly, we are over the moon happy to have had her as our elopement photographer. Thank you Becky for giving us these incredible memories!! :)

Sent on 09/09/2015

Rachael · Married on 07/27/2015

Becky Young Photography was the best decision I could have made with regards to my wedding. After agreeing to marry my husband, of course. Planning a destination wedding on your own is not without hurdles, but from the beginning I was determined to make this as stress-free and memorable as possible. For me, the photos are what I looked forward to the most, not the dress, not the flowers, not the weather, not all of the other details that go into and make the wedding priceless. I wanted to be able to enjoy the vows I was making with my husband and be present in the moment. This is a HUGE amount of trust placed in someone who is charged with capturing events as they unfold. Becky was like a wedding ninja and I wasn’t even aware she was there. She blended seamlessly into the setting, mixed in amongst my guests, and when we were alone as a new couple with her, she coached us when and where needed to get the glorious shots we coveted.

Words can’t express the true joy Becky was to work with during the entire process. She is everything a business owner should be and more! From the moment I found her, by random search of “Maroon Bells Wedding,” she has been nothing but glorious. Communication is of the utmost importance and Becky kept me in the loop, offering detailed e-mails, wedding day itinerary down to ten-minute increments, suggestions, encouragement, etc. We had a couple of snafus and she took everything in stride and continued to keep us on point, smiling the entire time.

I could gush all day about her, what she means to me, and the finished product, but her images speak for themselves; those chosen for her blog (how she chooses, I don’t know!) offer a true reflection of her art. I would not hesitate to recommend her or her services to ANYONE getting married in the grand state of Colorado.

Rachael and Mike
    Maroon Bells Wedding
    7/27/15

Sent on 09/12/2015

christin · Married on 07/25/2015

Thank goodness for Becky!!! She was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish! She was extremely professional, extremely organized and one of the most down to earth/sweetest person I have ever worked with. She made my out-of-state wedding planning for a photographer a breeze. If you are looking for a talented photographer, please look no further :) She answered all my questions and concerns, and was always very responsive to emails and phone calls. I chose Becky upon looking though her website, and was looking for someone that wasn't afraid to hike around with me in the mountains in hope of that "one" picture I had been dreaming of. She nailed it! Thanks Becky!!!!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Ashley · Married on 07/18/2015

I used Andrea, Becky's assistant as my wedding photographer and she was amazing. She had the breakdown of pictures needed/wanted and made the long process of family/friends/bridal party pictures move seamlessly and effectively. She was done before we knew it!
    She also kept to the background during the reception, just like she said she would and i'm sure took some amazing shots. I've only been married a little over a week so it'll be a bit before I receive my pictures back but I can't wait! :)

Sent on 07/29/2015