Becks Entertainment and DJ Service Reviews

110 | San Diego, CA

110 Reviews for Becks Entertainment and DJ Service

Becks Entertainment and DJ Service 1
Becks Entertainment and DJ Service 2

Jerry was awesome. ALL our guests had a great time. His online tools made it easy for us to provide some background on us and songs we wanted to hear. He definitely knows how to read the crowd to keep the party jumpin'. I highly recommend him and wouldn't hesitate to hire him again.

Sent on 09/21/2013

Kristen · Married on 08/23/2013

Jerry Beck is awesome!!!!!!!! Great music all night.....lighting great too. Really happy we picked Jerry :)

Sent on 09/05/2013

Becks Entertainment and DJ Service's reply:

Kristen, that you very much!! I appreciate the kind words.

Judd · Married on 08/03/2013

Love Jerry he does his job well. Which is to keep the party rocking

Sent on 08/06/2013

Barry & Angie · Married on 07/06/2013

Jerry Beck ROCKED our wedding reception!!! He is a master DJ!! Jerry is experienced, professional, and thorough.He directed our wedding ceremony with the music we chose and played just the right music for cocktail hour. Everyone loved him, as he made our reception so much fun!!! He did such a fantastic job engaging the crowd and kept the dance floor hopping. We received several texts the next day from family and friends saying how much fun they had. This we owe all to you Jerry!! Thank you for making our night so special....We'd love to have you DJ for us again!!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Ginger · Married on 06/09/2013

We used Jerry for our own wedding and now this time for our son. Both times Jerry rocked the house - everyone had a great time. People that normally don't dance were even up on the dance floor. Jerry does a fantastic job of reading the crowd and adjusting the music to the mood of everyone. He is so much fun, so nice and definitely flexible. We greatly appreciated all his experience and wisdom he shared with our son and his wife in their planning. I would use Jerry again without hesitation!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Elliot · Married on 05/24/2013

the music was great, the quality of sound was awesome, and everyone had a great time dancing

Sent on 05/29/2013

Dr Mike · Married on 05/18/2013

Jerry was phenomenal!! We never picked a playlist & allowed him to feel the vibe of our wedding crowd... SO AMAZING!!!

Thank you for a spectacular night & making our special day even more memorable! XO, Mike & Courtney

Sent on 05/20/2013

Jennifer · Married on 04/07/2013

I am a tad difficult to please in the music area. :) Jerry was able to meet all of our needs and then some. Would recommend him to anyone, especially those like me who don't love the normal every day wedding music.

Sent on 08/10/2013

Heather · Married on 02/23/2013

At no point did I feel like Jerry was there for just another "job." He was most personable and worked diligently to provide what we wanted, how we wanted it and offered professional and creating suggestions strategically and respectfully. He did much much more than just play music for us...he was a voice for us...he was flexible...appeased to everyone involved with the event, and incredibly professional. After the event, I did not consider him to be just another DJ providing a service...he was more of a professional entertainment mediator who carried a great deal of weight on the day with seeming ease and with a smile.

Sent on 03/26/2013

Ann · Married on 11/24/2012

Jerry Beck is amazing! Ours was a casual backyard wedding, but still required a LOT of planning. Jerry was with us all the way - professional, patient, with a great personality. He arranged a planning meeting at the house and the day of the wedding, he showed up several hours early to set up and make sure everything was perfect. He worked with the very opinionated bride to make sure the playlist was just what she envisioned and kept everything running smoothly at the event. He knows how to read his audience and chooses music that really gets everybody moving. Jerry is simply the best!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Stefani · Married on 06/23/2012

Jerry was awesome, awesome, awesome. The music was great he created a wonderful atmosphere during all of the different phases of our event. Amazing job Jerry!!! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Parada · Married on 03/31/2012

My fiance and I met Jerry at an open-house event at the Darlington House, which was the primary reason why we chose him as he is familiar with the logistics and venue. For the ceremony, he cued our music choices as planned, and provided wireless microphones and efficient sound systems, which all helped to ensure that the ceremony ran smoothly. For the reception, Jerry was very comfortable with MC duties; played great music during the dinner service (we had provided him with some guidelines, but didn't give him any specific choices); and he made our reception so much fun! For example, Jerry brought out nearly every guests at the wedding when he came down to the dance floor and taught the whole wedding a "special" dance named after our family name. Overall, Jerry was very a professional, reliable, and an awesome DJ. The power went out momentarily at the beginning of the reception, and Jerry handled the situation like a professional working with the venue's manager and our coordinator to ensure that the power came back on. The guests didn't even notice that the power went out. He helped to make a part of our wedding experience enjoyable and stress-free. My fiance and I would highly recommend him as your wedding DJ!

Sent on 04/08/2012

He is amazing! He was so interactive and could feel the crowd to know exactly what kind of music to play.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Melanie · Married on 11/05/2011

Jerry was an awesome DJ and we highly recommend him for any couple or company looking for a DJ!

Sent on 06/19/2013
  • Kendra

Kendra · Married on 10/22/2011

Amazing!!!!! He had everyone from my 83 year old grandma to my sorority sisters on the dance floor.
    I have had many people tell me this was the "most fun at a wedding they ever had".

Sent on 02/16/2012

Renee · Married on 10/16/2010

Jerry Beck was the DJ at our wedding last month and he totally exceeded our expectations. Our guests LOVED HIM! Jerry knew the right songs to place for our guests. All of my relatives are from back east and have eclectic tastes in music. Jerry had everyone dancing till the very end! My friends from college kept commenting all night how good our DJ was! My wedding day was the best day of my life! My mother was even raving about Jerry. Jerry is simply amazing. We highly recommend Jerry Beck of Becks Entertainment!!!

Sent on 12/28/2010

Jessica · Married on 08/01/2009

Hands-down, Jerry is THE BEST DJ in San Diego. We booked him for our wedding the day we met him, since we knew that he would make our wedding the fun party that we were hoping for. He definitely came through for us - the dance floor was packed all night and so many of our guests kept commenting about how great he was! He played all of the songs that we wanted to hear, plus many others that we hadn't even thought of on our own, but they were perfect! We didn't make many specific requests, but instead told Jerry the feeling that we hoped to create, and he knew exactly what it would take to achieve it. Nobody wanted the reception to end since the atmosphere that Jerry helped create had been so much fun, and everyone just wanted to dance all night. With a guests ranging from ages 5-90, we were a bit worried that some guests wouldn't enjoy the music - but when my 87-year-old grandma came dancing down the middle of a line of my college friends, we knew that we had hit the wedding jackpot with Jerry. His passion for music and ability to read a crowd are what make him so amazing, and we were thrilled to have him at our wedding. Thank you, Jerry, for the best night of our lives!!

Sent on 08/30/2009

Nicole · Married on 07/27/2008

Jerry was ABSOLUTELY amazing. I booked him at a bridal fair about 6 months prior to my wedding. His website has a program that is essential for all brides. It helps you hone down your timeline and everything you want to include in five minute increments. About two weeks prior to the wedding, Jerry and I had a telephone conference where we went over the wedding and all of the special events and their music minute-by-minute. We were on the phone for over 2 hours! I couldn't have planned that wedding all by myself without him! And his prices are completely reasonable. He is so professional and I would recommend him without hesitation.

Sent on 10/03/2008

maggie · Married on 10/14/2017

DJ Becks was the easiest choice for us when it came to wedding planning. We set up a meeting with him and after doing some research and seeing all of the 5 star reviews, we felt very confident working with him!

Jerry met with us and got to know our music backgrounds. He was extremely accommodating and professional when it came to questions and different changes we wanted to do! His website was so easy to use to set up a time line for our reception. When it came to the music, we told him to go with the flow of the crowd and he sure did! He accommodated to our older attendees and younger attendees as well. He created a perfect night and setting for us! Not to mention, multiple family members and friends said he was fantastic! We can't thank you enough for making our reception so perfect!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Becks Entertainment and DJ Service's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! I really appreciate it. I'm really happy that I was able to read your crowd and play the songs that you and your guests liked. Thank you for hiring me and should you two ever need DJ services, I'm here for you. Have a wonderful life together.

Jessie · Married on 06/11/2016

Jerry was very helpful and responsive throughout the planning process. I appreciated that he understood what we wanted and executed it flawlessly. Our guests were very happy with the music choices and the lighting added a very special touch. I love that I was able to provide a partial playlist for the music we like, and Jerry was able to add to it perfectly!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Becks Entertainment and DJ Service's reply:

Jessie, thank you very much for the kind words. They are very much appreciated! Our goal is to always under promise and over deliver and am so happy that you and your guests liked the intelligent up lights that change colors. We generally charge for color changing because it requires wireless technology and additional equipment but I decided to simply provide it for you at no charge because it adds value to your package as well as a very cool effect to the ambiance at your wedding.
    You and the groom looked amazing that day and it was an honor to provide the perfect balance of music that compliments both of your musical tastes all the while including songs that your guests love too. Thank you again for hiring me, thank you for the nice review and we wish you the best.

Brielle · Married on 07/18/2015

Jerry was so amazing and he played all the songs I requested and really kept the party moving. He was so flexible with the rain on our day and made sure everyone would have a good time rain or shine

Sent on 08/06/2015

Tony · event on: 09/07/2013

Whew!, Hi Jerry, Now that I've kinda recovered a bit, I wanted to take a moment and thank you for all your hard work at my birthday party. I always say its a combination in the mix of people, foods, atmosphere, and most importantly....the music that makes a party. And you did an awesome job taking care of the entire music category! You read the people perfectly and played all the right music that made the party come alive and kept the party moving forward. You did an awesome job and I "THANK YOU SO MUCH" !!!!!!

We'll see you on the next one for sure!

Tony

Sent on 09/09/2013

Robert · Married on 08/31/2013

Jerry was amazing... he coordinated the entire event demonstrating professionalism and passion for he work. The DJ is by far the single most important piece of the puzzle and Jerry was certainly the glue that held it all together. Many of our guest are considering using Becks entertainment for future events, wedding and parties. Jerry was friendly, considerate, caring, and took real ownership of our wedding taking full responsibility for a great wedding, cocktail hour, and reception. If you are looking for a "DJ" call Becks Entertainment... if Jerry is not available he can direct you to other DJ's in the area. I fully trust Jerry and Becks.

Sent on 09/14/2013

Becks Entertainment and DJ Service's reply:

Robert, thank you very much for the kind words!! I really appreciate the review of our services. I look forward to the next opportunity to provide DJ services you.

Deborah · Married on 05/12/2012

Jerry is the best! Great professionalism, personality and
    a music master. I would highly recommend him for any
    event.

Sent on 05/28/2012

Joey · Married on 10/10/2008

Jerry was great! He kept everyone dancing, but more importantly every guest commented about how great the DJ was. I would highly recommend him to anyone!!

Sent on 10/13/2008