Becker Farms and Vizcarra Vineyards Reviews

181 | Gasport, NY

181 Reviews for Becker Farms and Vizcarra Vineyards

Nathan · Married on 08/08/2013

Elizabeth and the Becker Farms team was amazing. Very helpful, ready to get you anything you needed and were genuinely happy to see us get married. Our small wedding went off wonderfully and the setting was beautiful. Despite the humidity everyone had a great time and we highly recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 08/12/2013

it was everything we dreamed and more. The venue is just beautiful and everyone there is more then helpful. Anytime we had a question it was answered right away. The food was the best we ever had. Even guests were coming up to us telling us this was the best food they have ever had esp. at a wedding. Everyone had an awesome time and we are still hearing about how this was an amazing place to have a wedding. Would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Jill · Married on 07/21/2013

Dennis and I got married 1 week ago today at Becker Farms. We loved our choice so much and I truly wish we could get married there every Sunday for the rest of our lives lol....it was that AWESOME!!!!! This place is so well kept up and if you love Rustic....there is no other choice. Our wedding/ceremony was in the new venue. Amanda and her staff followed my decorating instructions to a T and when I showed up shortly before my walk down the isle I was in awe of how truly amazing they did with the set up and all of my tiny details. It was gorgeous! My guests raved about the venue/food/bar. The food was really very good. We had a large wedding of about 250 people and they were able to get it all out in a timely manner. Amanda was there for my event and very easily accessible to make sure everything ran smoothly. She really knows her stuff and makes a bride feel very at ease:) There is no need to travel all over western ny for pictures because they have so many cool areas right there for pictures. We used the big red barn, fields and vineyards for our spots. I am sure our pictures will be amazing. Planning a wedding can be a bit stressful but Becker Farms truly made our experience unforgettable!!! We will always be thankful to them for helping make our special day one we will never forget. Can't wait to go back and visit during other events that take place throughout the year! HANDS DOWN BEST WEDDING VENUE IN ALL OF WNY :)

Sent on 07/28/2013

Meagan · Married on 07/06/2013

I know it is cliche to say but my husabnd and I had the "wedding of our dreams" at Becker Farms on July 6th. The amazing natural beauty and rustic, yet elegant decor makes Becker Farms & Vizcarra vineyard a perfect wedding venue. Our guets can not stop raving about the atmosphere & food!! The wedding corrdinators and all staff are fantastic; extremely professional and very accominadating!! The food was also AMAZING; freshly prepared with a farm to table approach. I would highly recommend Becker farms to anyone looking for a unique, beauitful Wedding venue!!!

Sent on 07/14/2013

I think the most important thing we can say is that we had an absolutely amazing night at Becker Farms and Vizcarra Vineyards. The ceremony and reception were everything we could have hoped for. We used several of Becker Farms and Vizcarra Vineyards' recommended vendors, and they all did such an amazing job. The staff were very helpful leading up to the wedding, and on our wedding night. Several of our guests said it was one of their favorite weddings they had ever been to, and they all mentioned how they thought the venue was awesome. We used a local bus service to shuttle guests to and from a nearby hotel, which worked out great. The food was delicious. Honestly, we couldn't be more grateful.

Sent on 07/28/2013

Rachel · Married on 06/02/2013

My now husband and I worked with Ashley B for a majority of the wedding planning etc. She took a leave of absence one week prior to my wedding, but we worked with Gabriella V for the final week and the ceremony/reception itself. Even with the change in coordinator, everything went beautifully!

The only issue we had, which was more my husband freaking out because he thought I would freak out, was that there was a bridal shower in the barn until 2/2.30 on the day of the wedding. Our ceremony was at 3.30, so myself and my bridesmaids got there around 2 to get dressed and take some photos before hand. When my husband arrived earlier than I did, he saw the shower (right in the area where we are getting dressed etc) and freaked out. I wish they had just said something at the rehearsal dinner like, "hey, there is a shower that afternoon, they will be in this part of the venue until this time." It wasn't a big deal that they were there, just that we didn't have prior notification.

I LOVED the scenery at Vizcarra, and although I haven't seen my final photos yet, I have no doubt in my mind that the backgrounds for the photos are gorgeous. The reception area was decorated exactly as we wished it to be. It was SUPER windy the day of our wedding, but otherwise the weather was sunny-we wanted the walls open if it was possible but since it was so windy they had to be somewhat closed. The staff only closed the sides that were getting direct wind, but still left small spaces open to keep a nice breeze onto the dance floor. It was perfect. I had many many guests come up to me and tell me the same thing that I said- "Becker farms does weddings? I remember coming here for my kindergarten field trip or picking apples! But it is absolutely gorgeous"

Loved the place, loved the people we worked with, and they were very very open with the pricing etc, nothing was hidden (like the cake cutting fee, or linen rental fee etc like some of the other places we looked at!)

Sent on 06/13/2013

Becker Farms is an amazing wedding venue.

It is full of natural beauty. Little additional decorations are needed.

The staff is attentive and professional in every step of planning and executing the event. My photographer commented that the staff is really organized and effective.

The staff helps plan the schedule to your specifications and uses walkie talkies and communication with the couple to keep everything on task.

The food was absolutely delicious. No complaints from any guests. Guests loved the pie, fudge, and wine favors. The children loved the petting zoo chickens.

I have nothing negative to say for the entire experience. They listened to my vision and helped it become a reality.

Sent on 06/02/2013

Greg · Married on 09/22/2012

I am a vendor myself and this was the first time I worked a wedding at Becker Farms. I myself provide a unique service and the staff at Becker's Farm were more than accommodating and helpful as I did require a bit of space to set up. I provide picture magnets of and for the quests and they were able to provide a unique background (one that fit the theme of the wedding) for my pictures as they let me rearrange and use pumpkins and other things they sell in their store. I also attended a wedding there last fall and had a most enjoyable time.

Greg from Magnetic Memory Makers of WNY

Sent on 09/25/2012

NANCY · Married on 09/07/2012

BECKER FARMS STAFF WAS WONDERFUL AT MAKING MY SON AND HIS NEW WIFES WEDDING DREAMS COME TRUE! WHEN WERE WERE SETTING UP FOR THE WEDDING AND THE RECEPTION THE STAFF WAS RIGHT THERE TO HELP US WITH THE BRIDES IDEA OF WHAT SHE WANTED AND TO TELL US WHAT WORKS THE BEST . IN THE EVENING WITH THE CANDLES GLOWING IT WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL SETTING EVERYONE HAD A GREAT TIME . WE HAD ABOUT 112 PEOPLE AND I THINK ANYMORE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ALITTLE TIGHT BUT WE HAD PLENTY OF ROOM AROUND THE TABLES . THE FOOD AND WINE WERE GREAT! MY ONLY SUGGESTION WOULD BE TO TELL YOUR FEMALE GUESTS NOT TO WEAR HIGH HEELS THE STONES IN THE DRIVEWAY RUIN THE HEELS. I LOVED THE WEDDING AND WOULD RECOMMEND BECKER FARMS TO ANYONE .

Sent on 09/19/2012

Becker Farms and Vizcarra Vineyards's reply:

Thank you Nancy for your kind words! We look forward to seeing you all again soon!

Best,

Amanda, Ashley and the Becker Farms Family

Erica · Married on 08/31/2012

My wedding here was absolutey beautiful and so unique..The ceremony right in front of the vinyards was so pretty and romantic. All of my guests were surprised with what a lovely place this was. We had the Drink Welcome Station for our guests and I'm really glad that we had it because it was such a hot day. Our guest were able to enjoy cucumber/citrus water and mint lemonade upon arrival. It was a very nice touch.. Ashley and Amanda did a wonderful job with cooridnating everything and were happy to help with anything we needed. The food for the reception was awesome. It was by far the best wedding food I have ever had. I was told by several guests that my wedding was the best they have ever been too..Of course I feel the same way but I'm a little biased. We also had a bon fire after the reception. Everyone had a great time..

Lisa · Married on 08/19/2012

The day of our wedding our DJ failed to show up for the ceremony (which he was supposed to do the music for) then came to the reception drunk and with broken equipment. You might think he ruined our big day, but the incredible staff at Becker Farms handled every situation flawlessly. They made sure all of the songs we wanted played were played and the sound quality was professional. I (the bride) never even knew there was an issue until I walked down the isle and noticed the DJ wasn't there. They did a great job of keeping me clam and making sure everything went off without a hitch. Beyond that, the venue was absolutely beautiful. The food was delicious and there is so much to do right on site, everyone is happy. Our guests haven't stopped raving about how great Becker Farms was. I would suggest this venue to anyone. My husband and I could not have been happier. We giggled for days about how great it was and our pictures are gorgeous!

Becker Farms and Vizcarra Vineyards's reply:

Hi Lisa! Thank you for your kind words! That DJ was certainly a challenge that we will never forget but we were happy to make sure everything was perfect for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon! ~Amanda

Emily · Married on 08/17/2012

Couldn't have asked for anything better! Beautiful location, amazing staff, super accommodating, responsive, and helpful! Loved working with everyone at Becker Farms!

Caitlin · Married on 08/03/2012

The team at Becker Farms and Vizcarra Vineyards made sure our wedding day was flawless! Not a single thing went wrong. The venue is beautiful, both for the ceremony and the reception. It has a formal ambiance without feeling "stuffy" as fresh air is allowed to flow through all areas. The food is excellent as well as the service, and all of the staff members are friendly and very accomodating. The event coordinators really know what they are doing and were always willing to help me even when I had a million and one crazy things going on! I highly recommend this venue for a wedding.

Sent on 09/14/2012

We had our wedding reception at Becker Farms, and it has been a little while since our wedding and we still grin ear to ear when we talk about it!! Amanda and the other planners were wonderful!! They were so helpful and professional along the entire planning process. Their food was amazing, all of it farm fresh (right from Becker Farms or within a 100 miles radius of them)! The location and ambiance is just beautiful; outdoors with flower gardens, little pond, barns, their animals (farther away from the reception area of course), and not to be missed the breathtaking rows of grape vines that make up the vineyard! It was the perfect place for us, we loved it! We highly recommend Becker Farms for your wedding reception!! If you are considering them be prepared to book early, as they fill up quite fast (we booked about a year and 4 months ahead and dates were already quite limited).

Sent on 08/20/2012

Jeniffer · Married on 06/08/2012

I can't say enough good things about Becker Farms and the experience we had on our perfect wedding day! Ashley and Amanda did a fantastic job helping us with all the details to make it so memorable. I actually organized my wedding in about 3 months, so they were very supportive and helpful to make sure that we got everything taken care of in a timely manner. I was also an out of town bride, which made things a little more stressful, but Ashley and Amanda gave me all kinds of local vendor ideas outside of Becker Farms, for example, where to have guests stay, getting my hair and makeup done, rehearsal dinner locations and the cake. They really went above and beyond. Elizabeth and the bar staff did an awesome job as well, making sure all of our guests were well taken care of....including the bride and the groom! The food was wonderful and the homemade pies were to die for. Another great thing about working with Becker Farms is they were really flexible and they have so many options. We took full advantage. We had pony rides for the kids and a bonfire with s'mores after the reception. All throughout the night we kept getting compliments on the beautiful grounds, the uniqueness of the location and the great staff. I wish we could relive it all over again. I could not have asked for a more perfect venue or girls to work with! Many Thanks to the Becker Farms Family!

Sent on 10/03/2012
  • Elisabeth

Elisabeth · Married on 05/26/2012

Ashley, Amanda and the staff at Becker Farms were AWESOME. Every interaction with them was highly professional and they are extremely responsive. (and quick with responses too!) We were able to customize our entire wedding down to the littlest of details, which was super important to us. Our guests loved the food, which was plentiful, fresh and served with a smile. The setting is absolutely gorgeous. It's romantic and rustic. If an outdoor feel is something you are looking for, visit Becker Farms. You will not be disappointed.

We still receive comments from our guests about how beautiful and personalized our wedding was, and that it made our guests feel like they were a part of our family. Thanks so much to Becker Farms for letting us do our wedding, our way.

Also- to those brides planning from a distance. I was a distance bride (DC to NY) and Ashley and Amanda are seriously awesome. They know what they are doing and that gave me the confidence that everything was going to work out. And it more than worked out. It was an amazing day.

Sarah · Married on 08/26/2011

We received so many compliments on the beauty of Becker Farms for both our ceremony and reception. It was everything we were looking for and more. It was rustic, yet elegant. It could be as formal or as casual as you wanted it to be. We should for somewhere in the middle. We ended up with a gorgeous elegant, but comfortable wedding. Amanda and Ashley were great to work with and both completely willing to answer any questions I had through the entire process. The set up and wait staff were amazingly friendly and went out of their way to make me and our guests happy. The bartenders were very busy with the amazingly delicious wines and beers that we got in our package. Our guests raved about the bar! Everything was set up just as I imagined it, if not better! The food was OUTSTANDING. Food is straight from the farm or somewhere within 100 miles and couldn't have been more fresh. We had a buffet and so many guests commented on how delicious everything was (including the appetizers). In addition, we chose to have Becker Farms pie as our dessert instead of cake and our guests were VERY happy. It's amazing.
    Overall, my husband and I could NOT be happier with the service, food and beauty we received at Becker Farms for our wedding. We will be life long customers.

Sent on 09/07/2011

Katie · Married on 05/29/2011

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Becker Farms/Vizcarra Vineyards and we couldn't have been more pleased! Amanda and her team really went above and beyond to help guve us the wedding of our dreams. Amanda is extremely helpful in helping you have all the little details just the way you envisioned! Showing up with boxes full of decor the day before my wedding started to make me feel frazzled, but Amanda and her team simple said give it to us and we'll make it look beautiful, and they definitely did! Between amazing food, their home brewed beers and wine, and the most charming venue site you can imagine you will not be disappointed with Becker Farms and the team there! Our guests are still raving about our wedding and the venue, what a hit!

Sent on 02/17/2012

Valerie · Married on 06/23/2018

We went with Becker Farms for our wedding because first of all- it's beautiful!. We actually toured the venues in January during a snow storm so we had to imagine it's potential during the month of June when everything is in bloom and everything exceeded our vision when the time came. They do an amazing job with their landscaping. We met the owner Oscar by happenstance on one visit and he promised us everything would be perfect and any issues we had with anything to personally ask for him! But of course, I never had to! Seriously the staff is great! The wedding coordinators were so easy to get into contact with and answered every question we had promptly. They were more than willing to accommodate every request we had and the wedding day was a breeze. Not to say that we didn't have any blips- but any that arose the staff quickly took care of it on their own or checked with us subtly and made it happen immediately. They decorated everything beautifully and exactly the way I had asked. They made packing up smooth by packing things up for us and placing it in one area so that we could load up quickly and go back to our guests at our bonfire following the reception. We got so many complements from guests how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. If you have any doubts in your mind about having your wedding or event hosted here- Don't! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 08/19/2017

Everything was amazing - food, look, staff..etc.

We recently had jill as our coordinator, and she made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it to be. She was amazing and so helpful!
    The only issue we ever had was trying to get ahold of the bakery, but after we did we couldn't be happier! Our cake was fantastic!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Audrey · Married on 06/30/2017

The location is perfect for every type of guest at your wedding. If guest don't want to hit the dance floor, they can hang at the bar or outside and still see everything that is going on. The staff was incredibly kind, helpful and responsive to our wishes: they greatly accommodated everything. Thank you!

Sent on 07/06/2017

ERINN · Married on 09/18/2016

One stop shop for the best day of our lives! If you're looking for a beautiful, rustic, scenic wedding venue look no further! Not only was Becker Farms breathtakingly beautiful their staff was AMAZING!!!

Package (n=110) included lodging (5 cabins), ceremony & reception, dinner & cocktail snacks, open bar, coordinator, serving staff, decorations/set up, officiant, cake, bonfire, late night food package, rehearsal dinner, etc. (talk about a bang for your buck!). Even during the wedding we were making changes, extending the bar, etc. and the staff was wonderfully accommodating to our needs-super responsive to phone & email too!

They're set up with accommodations on site (we rented all 10 of their 'cabins' at Press Vineyard Retreat which were more like high-end hotel rooms set amongst an apple orchard. We had our ceremony in a lush vineyard under a beautiful arch. It smelled incredible (grapes) & we were totally surrounded by greenery (we had a florist but really-the landscape was the star of the show). The vineyard pavilion for the reception was attached to the ceremony space and could have easily seated 150+ guests; it featured tall wood ceiling and a separate area for the bar. We enjoyed the late night bonfire package where our guests enjoyed our favors (smores!) & the late night food package. Their food is all locally grown and cooked in house and did I mention---soooo delicious! We got their most basic package but everything was absolutely incredible. I liked the idea of everything provided at one location. It made the planning and preparation process incredibly stress-free. Additionally, although we wanted to get married outside weather's always an unknown element. The great thing about this venue is that they have huge pavilions which-in case the weather takes a turn-have all your bases covered in case it's a torrential downpour.

I wish I could do it all over again today-absolutely flawless day. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

THANK YOU!!!

Sent on 09/23/2016

Laura · Married on 07/15/2016

This vendor was extremely helpful. We live out of town, and they were very quick to respond and answer any questions. The food was great and the venue is absolutely beautiful! The day of our wedding Taylor was so helpful, helping to coordinate and keep everything on schedule. We also enjoyed the cabins and the farmhouse. Overall, it was a really great venue for our ceremony and reception.

Sent on 08/14/2016

Becker Farms and Vizcarra Vineyards's reply:

Hi Laura! Thank you for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure to host your wedding and to have your family and friends here at our family farm. Congratulations! We wish you a life full of happiness and joy. Best wishes from your friends at Becker Farms.

Ashley · Married on 07/02/2016

Becker Farms did an amazing job with our wedding. We really couldn't be happier with our venue choice! They were very accommodating and pleasant to work with. Amanda did an amazing job with our ceremony and Jill was a great coordinator. They made sure I did not have to stress at all!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Melanie · Married on 10/02/2015

My wedding was perfect! There were a few minor hiccups but their flexibility provided me with the confidence that everything would be taken care of. No complaints!

Sent on 10/06/2015