Beaux Gateaux Reviews

14 | San Francisco, CA

14 Reviews for Beaux Gateaux

Ron · Married on 01/15/2014

We had a small wedding and had Kay make a ten serving, two layer cake! I was worried about finding someone to so such a small job, but I really feel that we received the attention I was hoping for. In fact, Kay was the most responsive of any vendor we used. On our wedding day the cake looked and tasted great! Best of all, I got a wedding cake for about the same desserts off the menu would have cost. It really added to our day!

Sent on 01/25/2014

Beaux Gateaux's reply:

Ron
    Thanks for your kind words! We pride ourselves on our responsiveness to every bridal couple that we work with. And we are glad to hear how happy you were that our cake added to the overall enjoyment of your wedding.
    Kay

We had a great experience! We didn’t have a clue what we wanted our wedding cake to look like, but Kay showed us a lot of pictures, had us tell her what we did and didn't like about the cakes we were looking at, and somehow managed to create an absolutely beautiful (and delicious!) cake that was perfect for our wedding!

Sent on 02/08/2013

Mary jane · Married on 06/16/2012

To say that Kay is awesome; is an understatement!She made me the cake that I wanted and so much more.I love the crane cake that she made for our wedding! It's amazing how Beaux Gateaux helped me make my day special...few days after the occasion people are still talking about how unique and pretty and delicious (and it's endless!) the cake was. What more could I ask for??? Kay worked wonders even with my small budget! Who would have thought that a multi awarded artist accept such a small project!!She has two passions: creating beautiful cakes and helping people make their day memorable without hurting your pocket.

Sent on 07/02/2012

Les · Married on 10/15/2011

Kay designed the most amazing cake – our guests were just blown away by her work. The first time we sat down with Kay there was an instant connection – she listened to our idea or vision and what we wanted our wedding cake to look like. She then began to draw and the vision started to come to life –on our special day she just out did herself. It was a same-sex wedding (yes Kay is very gay friendly) – that incorporated the Pride Flag draped down the cake, then angels on the top (she had photos of me and my partner and made the angel faces to look like us and the really did) the final add touch was putting our dog on the cake. It was just amazing. Price was very reasonable for the amount of labor and time she put into the cake

Sent on 01/07/2012

Danya · Married on 03/13/2011

Kay's delicious creation had my guests mesmerized at the wedding! She did a great job translating her sketches to reality, and we were very satisfied with the results.
    Her cake services were part of a package quote we received from our all-inclusive wedding venue in Sausalito, CA. Even though her work was worth well over what we were quoted, she honored the price the venue offered us.
    We truly lucked out with Kay! Planning from TX for a CA wedding, she was so accomodating answering emails and phone calls. She also arranged for us to do a tasting during our short planning visit to CA this past summer. We had to initially cancel the appointment due to a family emergency, but she was quick to arrange a last minute meeting and flashed from San Francisco to Sausalito at a moment's notice. She was a delight to do business with :)

Sent on 03/21/2011

Allyson · Married on 06/05/2010

Kay Dillon at Beaux Gateaux was one of my best vendors! I had emailed her a picture of my cake inspiration before the tasting, and she had already done a lot of thinking and planning of how she was going to design the cake before that first meeting. Additionally, the cake was quite delicious! I was nervous about the design, because it was quite complex, and I chose to do burgundy marzipan for the covering, which is sort of an odd request. But it came out even more beautiful than I could have imagined! And we added 100 slices of cake about 1 month before the wedding, she was quite flexible and just did a sheet cake for those slices, so it wasn't much more expensive. I can't say enough about how fabulous she was, how beautiful the cake was, and how delicious it was! It was even moist 24 hours after the wedding.

Sent on 06/24/2010

Danielle · Married on 07/05/2008

If you like carrot cake, definitely consider getting it from Beaux Gateaux on your wedding day! This vendor had the same carrot cake for her wedding, and she even shared the recipe for it with us. The icing was delicious as well. She is quite responsive to emails and when we met with her to go over what our ideas were, she had many photo albulms with examples that we could choose from. She's quite easy to get along with as well. My only regret is that I didn't get to eat more cake on my wedding day!

Sent on 08/01/2008
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2007

Kay at Beaux Gatexu is so fun! We loved her ideas so much that we used her for 2 other cakes besides our wedding cake (my husband’s birthday cake on top of which she sculpted boxing gloves made out of white chocolate and my bridal shower cake which she designed with purses cut out of fondant)! For the wedding, she took all of the things that I liked about her previous designs and made something absolutely elegant especially for me. The cake was gorgeous and tasted sooo good! We saved our cake top and ate it on our 1 month anniversary… it kept so well in the freezer that you never would have known she made it a month before!

Sent on 01/14/2008

Janet · Married on 03/02/1974

If you are looking for a beautiful, delicious and creative Wedding Cake, be sure to visit Beau Gateaux. Kay can create almost any type of cake and design, guarenteed to tempt the palate. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/19/2008

Amanda · Married on 07/24/2010

Kay Dillon with Beaux Gateaux created the perfect cake for our wedding. After an initial consultation where we chose flavors and number of tiers, looked at photos, etc., I sent Kay some ribbon that I hoped would work and also sent her a sample of my invite and she created exactly what I wanted. Furthermore, my guests have been telling me how delicious it was...beautiful and tasty = perfect.

Sent on 08/10/2010

Flo · Married on 09/12/2009

The wedding cake turned out amazing -- both a piece of art and delicious to eat! We worked with Kay, who was very open to our ideas and what we're looking for. She does, however, have an opinion of her own. For example, it shouldn't look like the dress, or a present, and don't put a bunch of flowers all over it to hide it.

Sent on 09/23/2009

Ann Marie · Married on 01/13/2007

Upon meeting Kay I instantly knew that our wedding cake would be in good hands. She is extremely talented, creative and professional. Deciding on a cake flavor was difficult, because all of her samples tasted incredible. Also, I planned my wedding from a distance and never had any problems contacting her via e-mail or cell phone. She was also very willing and able to adapt to a few minor changes in plans in the days prior to the reception. The prices may be higher than your run-of-the-mill bakery, but the taste, quality and reliability are well worth it.

Sent on 11/26/2007
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 09/23/2007

3.0

All I can say is wow wow wow, that was AMAZING cake!! I'm still drooling about her meyer lemon italian creme cake. It was seriously the best cake I had ever had. I left thinking that I HAD to have that as my wedding cake.

Kay Dillon, the baker, was just as great as the cake. She really spent time to understand our wedding theme. After showing her different aspects of cakes we liked and didn't like through pictures, she was able to create an amazing wedding cake concept for us. The best part was that she drew it out for us, so we could see her vision.

She doesn't make the cheapest cakes around town, but she didnt charge more than Perfect Endings or I Dream of Cake and her cake tastes MUCH MUCH better.

At our wedding we got so many compliments about the cake. It was so beautiful and cool. Everyone commented on how different and beautiful our cake was as well as how delicious it was. I was very pleased with the outcome. Would highly recommend Beaux Gateaux to any one looking for a special occasion cake.

Sent on 11/09/2007

Lauren · Married on 07/07/2007

Delicious! Beaux Gateau worked with our differences in taste to create a beautiful cake that all of our guests could enjoy. We went with Italian Cream Cake with Raspberry and Chocolate mousse. We froze the top and it was still delicious a year later.

Sent on 06/23/2008