Beauty with Grace Reviews

Beauty with Grace 4
Beauty with Grace 5
Beauty with Grace 6

Angelica · Married on 09/07/2013

I am so happy I used Grace for my wedding. Grace was courteous, friendly and professional. She arrived on time and ready to work. I used her for traditional bridal makeup and airbrush bridal makeup. She did an amazing job on both occasions. I highly recommend her services to anyone looking to get bridal makeup. She will make you look and feel fabulous!!!

-Angelica

Sent on 09/12/2013

mayla · Married on 06/28/2013

HI !! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BEAUTY WITH GRACE FOR DOING ANY MAKE UP SPECIALLY ON WEDDINGS. SHE DID MY WEDDING MAKE UP WITH AIRBRUSH (ITS A MUST AND IT LAST LONGER HOURS) PLUS ITS FLAWLESS, ALSO SHE USES THE PRODUCT I LOVE LAURA MERCIER, SHE DID AN WONDERFUL JOB WITH ME (BRIDE) AND TO ALL MY WEDDING ENTOURAGE.... I AM AN ASIAN BRIDE SO IT WAS HARD FOR ME TO FIND A GREAT MAKE UP ARTIST THAT WOULD MAKE ME LOOK GORGEOUS AND FLAWLESS.

FROM JUNE BRIDE 28, 2013
    MAYLA :-)

Sent on 07/23/2013

Sylwia · Married on 06/22/2013

Grace was amazing from start to finish. She made me look beautiful, as well as all my bridesmaids. My makeup came out looking just the way I had imagined. I highly recommend Grace for the big day- she is extremely talented. I can’t wait to work with her again, which wont will be very soon as my best friend’s wedding.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Andrea · Married on 06/02/2013

Grace was amazing! Shes affordable, professional, and talented! From the first email and on she was very quick to respond and easy to work with. I booked a trial with her a few months before the wedding and it went great. She tried several hairstyles and makeup looks so I could chose the perfect style for my wedding! On the day of the wedding she arrived on time and was very professional. All the ladies loved getting hair and makeup done by her. She was able to create different but cohesive looks for everyone including the moms! The BEST part about Grace is that she is so calm! I easily could have fallen asleep while getting hair and makeup done!

Sent on 06/07/2013

Working with Grace was an amazing experience- from the first inquiry to the final moment before walking down the aisle. Grace was able to interview me and find out exactly the look I wanted and was most comfortable with for my wedding day and implemented it beautifully.

Sent on 10/22/2013

miyoung · Married on 03/09/2013

Grace was amazing. I just showed her a couple of photos of my ideal hairstyles and makeup for her to really understand what I wanted for my big day. The hair was simple and my makeup was clean, exactly what I had wanted! She brought makeup for touch ups but I didn't need it at all. My hair stayed and so did my make up, all night! I recommend her to every bride to be. She is great!

Sent on 02/10/2014

Dia · Married on 12/15/2012

I would definitely recommend Grace to a friend; she was Superb!

Sent on 12/29/2012

Nityda · Married on 06/15/2012

Grace was amazing from start to finish. She is sheer professional. Grace is highly knowledgeable as a stylist and her energy is calming, which I found important surrounding a day characterized by stress. My hair and makeup came out looking just the way I had imagined. I highly recommend Grace for the big day- she is extremely talented as a hair and makeup artist and has the innate ability to really put others at ease

Sent on 07/17/2012

Cara · Married on 06/02/2012

Grace was a pleasure to deal with from the moment I contacted her. Already a plus. I had a tall order - 6 bridesmaids, 1 junior bridesmaid and me - the bride that wanted a hot, Kim Kardashian look. (sorry, I know she's vile but her makeup is flawless).

TRIAL: Grace patiently tried a few different looks in the trial, each one more beautiful than the next. It was 9am and makeup lasted until my bachelorette party ending at 3am.

WEDDING: My girls and each had a different idea of how they wanted to look. Some wanted a more natural look, some wanted more glam, and some didn't know. Grace knew immediately what look would best best for each one, and made each one of us a more gorgeous version of ourselves.

I honestly never thought I could look so beautiful. And we were done on time! No rushing, either.

For the record - I went airbrush and my girls went traditional. It all lasted and stayed flawless.

Grace is sweet, affordable, professional and reliable - all qualities a stressed out bride appreciates.

Makeup is an art, and Grace is at the top of her game.

Sent on 06/07/2012

Christy · Married on 05/28/2012

I cannot say enough amazing things about Grace. She did SUCH an excellent job with hair and makeup for me, my mother and all of my bridesmaids. I couldn't do a trial because it was a destination wedding for me, so we arranged everything via email and the whole process was really stress-free. The day of, she was everything you'd expect a professional makeup artist to be on your wedding day - prompt, efficient and super awesome at hair and makeup. A month later, my bridesmaids and my mom are still talking about how great they looked. There was a lot of squealing about their eyebrows. My makeup lasted all night without any touchups - I was really impressed. I would absolutely recommend Grace to anyone getting married in NYC.

Sent on 06/22/2012

ana · Married on 01/13/2012

Grace was recommended by my sister-in-law for my wedding & engagement shoots, and she did not disappoint. At first, I was reluctant to trust an artist to get my hair and make up done as I've come across some horrible stories during my search. However, Grace definitely exceeded my expectations by not only accommodating to my requests that the make up be minimal and natural, she even came out to my place for two trial/engagement shoots on different occassions and different days. Got fabulous pictures to prove it. On the wedding day, my husband was so impressed that he could only mutter the words 'you look good..' when he first saw me. Of course my maids gave him an earful for such lukewarm reception! I didn't get the wedding pictures yet but the makeup and hair looked good from other pictures so I'm very hopeful. Grace is talented, patient and displayed the professionalism I was looking for to help me look my best on one of the most important days of my life. Grace, you did good! Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 04/18/2012
  • Maggin

Maggin · Married on 05/28/2011

Grace did my bridal hair and makeup along with 6 other bridesmaids including my mom. She was wonderful and came extremely early in the morning so she can give us all enough time to do our hair. She is professional and includes your input when it comes to the type of hair style and make up you want. She's understanding and communicates with you through email and phone. She also gave us a great deal package for my bridal party. I'd recommend her to any bride looking for a hair and make up stylist.

Sent on 04/19/2012

Jane · Married on 04/23/2011

I had a couple of other make-up trials with other people before I scheduled one with Grace. Grace was my #1 choice ~ she listened to what I wanted. (I don’t wear a lot of makeup so I didn’t want a dramatic look for my wedding day… others seemed to just cake on makeup I wasn’t comfortable with.) She was also very accommodating… At the very last minute my mom and aunt’s hair and make-up person canceled on them so Grace agreed to come earlier to fit them into the schedule.

I LOVED the way I looked on my wedding day. My bridesmaids, mom, my whole party never looked better. My up-do hair stayed put all day ~ even with all the dancing and my makeup was flawless. I was hesitant to wash my face at the end of the night ~ I never looked prettier. I only wish I could replicate what Grace did. If I could have Grace do my makeup and hair everyday for the rest of my life I would.
    Grace is the sweetest, nicest, and BEST. I recommend Grace to all my friends and family.

Sent on 04/25/2012

Dominique · Married on 12/18/2010

I hired Grace to do the makeup for my sister's wedding party and she did an AWESOME job! Only a selected few of the wedding party had opted to get their makeup done by a makeup artist, however once they saw the work she did on my test trial, all of the bridesmaids now wanted their own makeup done by Grace, including my mother (also the Mother of the bride :). She was able to work with all skin tone type (from light to dark skin). She's always on time and comes fully prepared; a true professional. The wedding turned out great and all the bridesmaids were VERY HAPPY with their makeup. I highly recommend Grace to anyone who's looking to look their BEST at any event. On a side note, I was so pleased with Grace that I hired her to do my sister's makeup for her 30th Birthday.

Sent on 04/20/2012

Clara · Married on 06/02/2018

Grace was hands down the best hair & makeup artist I could have wished for! I had a destination wedding in Aruba and was concerned that the local makeup artists might not do a good job since they don't have too much experience with Asian clients. So I decided to fly Grace in to do both the hair and make up for 10 girls (myself, 7 bridesmaids, and 2 moms). I was worried that it might be too much work for just 1 person to do both hair and makeup for 10 people in time for the ceremony, but to our delight she finished with time to spare AND completely nailed the looks we were all going for. She also has an airbrush kit which makes your complexion look flawless and stays on all night (even under the HOT Aruba sun) without giving that caked up look you can get with just regular foundation! Whether you want a glamour look or a more natural / softer look for your big day, Grace is 100% your girl. The price was a little higher than we had initially hoped for, but I think it was due to the fact that we had to fly her out to Aruba + accommodations. Since she was in Aruba the day before and after the wedding, she also did my hair and makeup for the rehearsal dinner and for the photo shoot the day after the wedding, so all things considered she was well worth the cost. Grace is just the sweetest person and her talent is absolutely PHENOMENAL!! All my bridesmaids and the mom's absolutely LOVED their hair and makeup. The bridesmaids were so happy that they even started following her on social media, and are saving her contact for their own wedding day! To this day my bridesmaids are still telling me they are recommending Grace to all their friends that are getting married next year! I HIGHLY recommend choosing Grace for your big day because she will make you look stunning both in person and in the wedding pictures that you will have for a lifetime! WE LOVE YOU GRACE!!!!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/14/2017

Grace did hair and makeup for myself, maid of honor and family for my engagement photos and Fall wedding. She was receptive and was able to adapt to requests easily after I showed her photos/images of what I wanted.

I was concerned about makeup smudging or hair becoming undone with all the running around, but her work held up so well!

My only wish was that she would accept electronic cash transfer, but it's worth a trip to the ATM! She was timely, kind, and delivered the results I wanted. Thanks, Grace!

Sent on 01/13/2018

Kelly · event on 03/25/2015

Grace is very responsive and professional. I had the make up only service for my engagement photo shoot. I showed her a couple of pictures as examples a week ago and I am very satisfied with her service on the photo shoot day. The make up is similar to what I wanted and lasted for the whole day. I will recommend Grace to my friends.

Sent on 03/26/2015

April · Married on 09/01/2013

Grace provided exceptional service for my large wedding party. She made me look stunning and my make up DID NOT FADE all day. I did not feel painted on and I was comfortable all day and well into the night with my hair and make up. Grace was easy to work with and a pleasure to have be a part of my day. She showed up on time with a fantastic assistant and quickly worked her way through all the girls making them look and feel fabulous.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Miranda · Married on 08/24/2013

Grace Weng was recommended to me by my photographer and I couldn't have been happier with the decision to go with her. I requested a 1920s themed make up look for my bridesmaids and myself and it was perfect! Finding the right shade of red lipstick was very important. She also gave me a red gloss lipstick for touch-ups for the whole bridal party. She uses quality make-up that's flattering. The foundation is especially good because my face and neck were the same color and she contours your face with highlights and low lights. The airbrush make-up stays put all night and no touch ups are necessary. She will handle the people in your bridal party no matter how picky or difficult they may be. 5 stars!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Lauren · Married on 11/18/2017

Grace did a lovely job on my wedding makeup. During our trial, she had given me a sparkly, doe-eyed look that I wasn't crazy about it, but when I communicated with her about what I liked/didn't like, she totally got it (I wanted a more matte-like "fresh" finish & dramatic eye). I loved that she included fake eyelashes and airbrushing at no extra charge, and that she was able to do a dramatic eye without using mascara (I was afraid I would cry a lot so she suggested it was better to avoid even waterproof mascara). Grace herself is efficient and quiet -- she doesn't seem much into small talk, which may be important to know if that's what you're looking for. The only thing I didn't like was the lip gloss she left me with -- while she explained that she always gives out a gloss instead of a lipstick because it's more fail-proof, the color was very different to the one she had put on my lips. I ended up having to borrow a friend's lipstick right before I walked down the aisle. As with any vendor, I think if you communicate what you like/don't like, and bring some photos as examples, you'll be happy. Grace has all the skills to make it happen.

Sent on 12/19/2017
    Beauty with Grace 11
    Beauty with Grace 12
  • Y

Yang · Married on 04/19/2014

Grace was very professional and super responsive to my many many questions. She provided expertise advice on what to do to prep my hair and also adjusted my makeup based on what I wanted to achieve. I had a hairstyle change during reception and Grace came back early just to make sure we met a very tight time frame. I had cried multiple times during my wedding and my makeup stayed perfect. Very happy with her service and would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Jessie · Married on 09/18/2016

Grace did hair and/or makeup for all four of my bridesmaids, my mother, my now-husband's step-mother, my flower girl, and me the day of the wedding. Everybody looked beautiful and she was able to get to all of us with time to spare before the photographer arrived. In the months leading up to the wedding and on the wedding day she was always professional, punctual, responsive, and a pleasure to work with. I knew at the trial that she would be great and I wasn't disappointed!

Sent on 10/01/2016