Beauty with Grace Reviews

Beauty with Grace 4
Beauty with Grace 5
Beauty with Grace 6

Gihee · Married on 07/29/2016

Grace is amazing!!! My bridesmaids and I looked gorgeous on my big day! Me being Korean American, it's really hard to find make up artists who can work with our face shape and structure. I've been a bridesmaid many times and everytime I had my make up done by other artists, I felt they didn't do as good of a job as Grace did. Grace really understands how to compliment the various styles of make up and your own preferences very well. All of my bridesmaids raved about Grace! Grace was super responsive throughout all of our encounters. If you hire Grace, you're in great hands. She's someone you can trust and rely on. As a bride, the last thing you want is to stress out how beautiful you'll look on your big day and Grace will ensure you'll look your absolute best!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Amanda · Married on 07/09/2016

I hired Grace to do me and my mom's hair and makeup on my wedding day. She was super flexible about the timing--she arrived at Long Island from Forest Hills at 6 am and was able to smoothly accommodate a last minute change, when she took on one of my bridesmaids. Grace took my wishes and style into consideration when doing my makeup and it lasted my WHOLE day-- 7 am to 11 pm that night! I highly recommend using Grace for your hair and makeup needs for special events :)

Sent on 07/29/2016
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 06/18/2016

We receive a lot of compliments for our makeup. The way she did our makeup was naturally beautiful. It was not caky and she is there all throughout to freshen you up. We loved it.

Sent on 07/19/2016

I decided to go with Grace after a few makeup trials, and the determine factor was that Grace was willing to work with me to accommodate my ideas. I had these different options for hair pieces, and Grace was able to help me to narrow it down to what looks best for me~ Her improvisation on the spot worked much better for me than those Pintereset images I found (sometimes you don't know what's best for yourself~).

On the day of the wedding Grace held it all together despite of a hectic schedule. I looked beautiful from beginning to the end, and my Mom never looked so good! She was always so nice and composed, my family and I had a great time working with her.

Another reason why you may want to choose Grace could be that you are Asian and would like to find a makeup artist who understand the Asian facial structure (if you share this struggle with me, that is). I have been in someone else's wedding before, and the makeup artist treated my face as if I were Caucasian, but I'm Asian, so the makeup just didn't work for me, I looked like a completely different person~ So for my own wedding I made sure to find a makeup artist who understand the Asian beauty culture and knows how to treat an Asian face. I'm so very satisfied with the result Grace has given me, I looked like a prettier version of myself :)

Sent on 06/12/2016

My wedding was in the end of May and I had trails with 4 different make-up studios until I finally found Grace. Working with Grace on my wedding day was a pleasure in itself. She arrived super early and started with my mom and my mother-in-law. My mom does not speak English but Grace managed to work well with her and created beautiful looks for both moms. When it was my turn, Grace gave me the perfect look by balancing a natural hue with perfect skin. I looked like the best version of myself and wish I can wear the make-up every day on and after my wedding. Grace also worked on the hair styling of me and my bridesmaids and was able to make every girl happy! I had 3 dresses for my wedding, and Grace helped me change in and out of my styles to compliment each dress, and she was able to simply change a small headpiece to completely transform my look throughout the day. I cannot be a happier bride having chosen Grace as my make-up and hair artist. I would recommend Grace to all the lucky brides out there!

Sent on 07/06/2016
  • User6190059 · 2+ years ago

I did a trial and my wedding hair and makeup with Grace, plus hair and makeup for two moms. Grace was prompt and professional with all communications, arrived on time for both trial and day of the wedding, and worked very calmly and quickly. Wedding hair and makeup is expensive in the NYC area, and I found Grace to be one of the more affordable vendors. I thought she did a wonderful job with natural makeup that still made me feel beautiful.

Sent on 01/11/2016

Melanie · Married on 10/25/2015

I had a wonderful experience with Grace. She did the hair and makeup for me and my sister at my wedding. She was very responsive to emails, and was able to help me plan the timeline for getting ready on the day of. She traveled for both the trial and the wedding day which was super helpful. She was able to give me the natural look that i asked for. She continually asked for feedback while she was doing the hair and makeup, and was very attentive to my needs. The hair and makeup were both beautiful and I felt amazing on my wedding day. I would definitely recommend Grace to any of my friends who have weddings coming up.

Sent on 11/07/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/19/2015

LOVE! I had a 2-day wedding, both days in NYC but in different locations, and needed someone who had experience with Asian faces and had availability over those 2 days. I contacted a few hair and makeup artists but ultimately decided to go with Grace and I'm so glad I did! She's responsive to emails and very sweet in person. During the trial, I asked for a natural/very light makeup look and tried 2 hairstyles. I loved the way both my hair and makeup turned out—she listens to what you really want while making helpful suggestions. The best thing is that she travels to you for the trial and the day of your wedding.

On the weekend of my wedding, since I didn't have a bridal party Grace was able to get my hair and makeup done in 1.5 hours each day. I even slightly changed the way my hair was to be done the day of and she was very accommodating with that. She was never late and very professional. She also provided a small touchup kit with blotting sheets and gloss.

Highly recommend her. Thank you Grace! :)

Sent on 09/25/2015

Grace was wonderful. I felt beautiful on my wedding day and it lasted for hours! We took photos before the ceremony starting at 12:30pm and make-up and hair lasted well past 11pm. She was great with the trial session and took many pictures. She also did my bridesmaids' make-up and hair & I loved how they looked. She is also very sweet and accommodating. I definitely recommend her you wedding, you'll feel at ease and beautiful!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Dyesha · Married on 08/01/2015

Grace did an absolutely amazing job at our wedding! All of our hair/makeup turned out beautiful and lasted all night without a touchup. My hair actually still looked amazing the next morning! She was professional and worked so quickly, I never worried that we wouldn't be ready in time. If you want one less thing to worry about, and want to look amazing, book Grace to do your hair and makeup- you won't regret it!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Jay · Married on 07/11/2015

Grace was a pleasure to work with! She was super responsive to what I wanted and came up with a hair and makeup look that was exactly what I had hoped for. She also did my mom's hair and makeup and my mom loved it!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Casey · Married on 06/05/2015

Grace was absolutely wonderful, from the first email she sent to the beautiful work she did on the day of my wedding! I couldn't have asked for a better experience...she was calm, sweet and professional. My sister, mom and I looked amazing and felt amazing. I recommend Grace to everyone!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Laura · Married on 05/30/2015

Grace is a gem! She was the absolute perfect fit for my New York City wedding. Grace traveled to our hotel room in midtown to do my hair/makeup for our wedding day, and also did makeup for four members of the bridal party. Everyone was thrilled with the result. She made us look so beautiful, but not overly made up. She lets your natural beauty shine through. Her makeup also lasts all day long. (She gave me a little touch-up kit for the long day ahead, but I never even needed it.) And I loved what she did with my hair! Best of all, Grace is a calm, relaxing, joyful soul. Just the kind of person you want to spend an hour or so with on your wedding morning. No mindless chatter, no drama, just an artist doing beautiful, personal work. I cannot recommend Grace enough. Thank you!!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Susan · Married on 05/03/2015

If you can book Beauty with Grace as your wedding day makeup artist and hair stylist, congratulations! She's amazing!! After an initial hair and makeup trial with a very talented, but not-right-for-me stylist, I booked Grace just a few weeks before my May 3rd wedding at the New York Botanical Garden. From our first phone conversation, I could tell she was very easy to talk to, experienced and professional. I shared about my preferences, worries and asked questions, and she thoughtfully talked me through them and made creative suggestions. I emailed her inspiration photos for my hair and make up. I wanted to look natural, but a more enhanced version of myself. For my trial, she came to my apartment, which is so convenient, nailed the make up on her first shot and gave me several beautiful hair styles to consider.

The day of the wedding, she arrived early and was a delight to have with us. She is the kind of person you want with you on your wedding day, calm, lovely, easy going and professional. She made my makeup look flawless and even helped me to decide on my hairstyle. I was torn between two looks, but she and my bridesmaids helped me pick a look that I was initially hesitant about because I never do anything different with my hair, but ultimately looked the best. I looked better than I imagined on my wedding day!

She is also affordable for NYC and offered a great package so that my bridesmaids could also use her for several services the day of the wedding. You can find this info on her website. I would recommend her to any bride! Grace is amazing!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Jocelyn · Married on 10/04/2014

Grace was perfect on my wedding day. Calm, professional and always on time! She travels for your trial which was an added perk. Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 04/01/2015

Christine · Married on 09/07/2014

Grace is an amazing hair and makeup artist! I was so pleased and happy with my wedding day hair and makeup. Even my mother, who is very hard to please, thought Grace did a wonderful job. After showing her some pictures of hairstyles I liked, then describing to her the kind of makeup I was after, she gave me the exact look I wanted. Grace has a really good eye for color and makes effective recommendations. Grace is very professional, extremely prompt, and very responsive with any questions. She travels directly to you for both the trial and wedding day, which I found to be very convenient. I was so happy with Grace's work, I even recommended Grace to my friend for her wedding next year!

Sent on 10/01/2014

Jenny · Married on 08/02/2014

I was so happy that Grace my hairstylist and make-up artist for my wedding! Everyone said I looked beautiful that day! I wanted a natural and romantic look and Grace understood my vision. I also did a trial for both hair and make-up. For the trial, I chose to do it on a day that I had another wedding to go to. Grace was very responsive and worked with me regarding the time and place. She also made suggestions because I was also torn between a smokey look or natural look. I wore the smokey look for my friend's wedding. Before my wedding, I actually asked if I get more volume in my hair and Grace was very accommodating.

In addition, Grace also did the hair and make-up for my mother-in-law, my mother and my sister. Everyone was very happy with Grace.

Sent on 08/25/2014

Juna-Willa · Married on 07/26/2014

If you're looking for a natural, flawless look on your wedding day that will surely attract many compliments, you must choose Beauty with Grace. Grace was recommended to me by a friend so I already had a lot of trust in her work, but I can't even tell you how truly pleased I was with my hair and makeup, not to mention my bridesmaids' hair and makeup. Grace is also very professional, flexible, and responds to emails promptly. On my wedding, she worked efficiently and tirelessly from 7 AM - 2 PM. I can honestly say that my wedding day was stress-free due in part to her amazing work.

Sent on 09/28/2014

alice · Married on 07/12/2014

My wedding started at 12noon and that means my bridal party and and I have to start really early. I asked Grace if she can come at 4:30am and she got there exactly on time. I have 4 bridesmaids and she is really patient and attentive with everyone. She is very sweet and very careful with your skin by asking what your skin type and what kind of make-up you would want that day. Grace also used air brush for foundation and I am so glad I got that. It made my skin super flawless and look great in close up picture. Grace also specializes in eye lashes and they can make a difference. Over all I would definitely recommend her to my friends. Awesome awesome.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Julie · Married on 06/08/2014

Thank you, Grace, for making me feel so beautiful on my wedding day! I am not a girl who typically wears a lot of makeup, and the most I do with my hair is to put it up in a ponytail. So, finding someone who would make me feel naturally beautiful was very important to me. Grace was recommended to me by my best friend, and she was the first and last appointment I made. At my hair/makeup trial, she was very attentive to my likes/dislikes, while also providing feedback/suggestions based on my skin type. She even convinced me to try fake eyelashes, which I was hesitant about, but she said that it would look great for pictures. I am so glad I trusted her professional opinion, because she was right! Even when I changed my mind about my hairstyle at the last minute, she was very flexible and made sure I was completely happy. My sister-in-law also had her hair/makeup done by Grace, and she said she liked how she looked for my wedding more than her own!

Sent on 08/21/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/06/2014

Grace was absolutely amazing! I was obsessed with my makeup and she listened to everything I wanted and made it work. She also made my bridesmaids (and flower girl) feel incredible on the day with their makeup. Thank you so so much!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Chan · Married on 05/31/2014

What to say about Grace? Grace is professional, prompt, talented and to top it all off, she's super sweet! She did my mom's, my sisters', and my own hair for my wedding banquet. Even with all the different lengths (short, medium, and long) and textures (fine, medium, thick)---we really ran the gamut!---Grace managed to create a variety of styles (braided updo, half up half down, etc.) that lasted the whole night. Even through dancing like a crazy person and a costume change, my hairstyle felt, and was, secure! Grace made myself and my family look lovely. She was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 06/14/2014

It was great to work with Grace. She is very talented and nice. The products she uses are good quality, the makeup still looked good and fresh at the end of the evening. I would definitely recommend her to any bride.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Lina · Married on 09/20/2013

Grace was incredible to work with. Not only was she super responsive, she was flexible and met all of my requests. I found Grace on Wedding Wire and cannot recommend her enough. Her work is amazing and she has a great eye. I didn't really know what I wanted, but she was patient and her suggestions fit my style perfectly. I had a two day celebration and she made herself available for both. Working with Grace will make you and your day perfect and stress free!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Ngoc · Married on 09/08/2013

I absolutely love Grace! I am pretty easy going when it comes to service....except for my hair and make up. I have very very thick hair, especially for an asian woman so it was particular hard for me to find a make-up and hairstylist who could do the look that I wanted for my wedding.

I had a trial with Grace before my engagement photoshoot. Grace was extremely accommodating and gave me different suggestions for my look. The pictures came out absolutely beautiful. I got a lot of compliment on my make up. Also, my skin was peeling and extra dry from sunburn prior to the trial and Grace was able to work with the mess!

For my wedding day, Grace did make up for my mother, sister, sister-in-law and flower girl and myself. Everyone was extremely happy with their hair and make up. For two weeks leading up to my wedding, I barely had any sleep so my face broke out and I had pretty bad dark circles. With Grace's magic, all of this was concealed and she turned me into a beautiful bride. My friends and I all screamed in joy when I finally saw myself for the first time in the mirror after Grace worked on me. I knew she would make me look pretty but I wasn't prepared for the precise look that I wanted. I have to say she made me look even better than she did for my trial session, and that comes with better communication with her.

I would work with her again for any other events.

Sent on 09/09/2013