Beauty on the GO Reviews

1.5
      1.0
      0.0
      1.5

I made a mistake booking my wedding day hair and makeup with Lecia. The two hair trials left me feeling uneasy about the day of. She is quite unable to recreate hair from images/magazine photos/etc.

My mother and sister were also getting their hair and makeup done by Lecia. She had me fill out a contract (which was fine) for her services the day of. She had me fill out a time line to organize the order and duration of each beauty procedure for mom, sis and I. I was depending on this time line to get through my day in an orderly manner.

When we got to her rented space at Russ & Co., Lecia directed my sister and mom to a second stylist in the salon that came in to help her. She never mentioned having a second stylist nor was it written in the contract. (In retrospect, I should have had her colleague do my hair and makeup as well). She asked this colleague to help her so that she could leave early to meet her husband. This threw off my time line for the day -- not what you want on the day of your wedding.

My hair turned out alright, but didn't look very professional. On a scale of 1 to 10, my feelings were that my hair was a 6. I was paying for a 10, not a 6.

My makeup looked messy. She applied eyeshadow after airbrushing my face. Naturally, there was eye shadow dust all around my eyes...I looked ridiculous. She made no attempt to remove it until I pointed it out. As she removed the eyeshadow dust, the airbrushing came off too. So now my skin was splotchy; the airbrush coverage was not smooth. She attempted to smooth it out by reapplying the airbrush, but it didn't match up at all.

I can't tell you how upset I was on my wedding day by this simple procedure. I fixed my face, but photos still show signs of misapplied makeup. Thanks, Lecia, hope you had fun with your husband.

DON'T RISK IT, LADIES!!!

Sent on 01/27/2010

Beauty on the GO's reply:

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. When I get contracts for brides I get the time and number of services needed so I can schedule and have assistants to help if the time constraints need and to meet yours i needed one, I was going to meet my husband who was at a wedding doing massages and finish their services with another assistant. I strive to make your experience a wonderful one and I'm sorry it wasn't. Also when we do a practice I try out any and all styles you would like to try to help you decide, so that's why I was trying different looks.