Beauty by Melissa Reviews

24 | Lancaster, PA

24 Reviews for Beauty by Melissa

Lauren · Married on 10/29/2016

Missy was great to work with for my wedding day hair. All of the bridal party’s hair looked fantastic and held up well throughout the day. I received numerous complements on my hair that day. She was able to get an assistant to get the group done in our time restraints and traveled to our hotel so we didn’t have to leave to get ready. Her personality was light and calming for wedding day stress and everything went off without a hitch. I would recommend Missy to anyone for their wedding day!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Alyssa · Married on 09/30/2016

Melissa is so amazing and wonderful to work with! She made my hair look so pretty and it stayed in place the whole day! She mastered the exact look I was hoping for. She also did a fantastic job on my mom and bridesmaids. Melissa was so pleasant and patient to work with through the whole process. I recommend her 100%

Sent on 11/11/2016

Melissa was amazing! My hair was phenomenal! Everyone still raves about it. It was exactly what I had envisioned and very detailed with braids, & curls & extensions! Very Romantic & soft! I was so happy she was part of my wedding day! Reasonably priced, very friendly, professional, and rolled with the ever changing timeline! I really can't say enough good things about her. Thanks Melissa!!!! -Angela

Sent on 10/04/2012
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/18/2014

I cannot say enough great things about Melissa. I booked with her after reading some good reviews and seeing how reasonable her prices were and I met with her at her home a couple months prior to my wedding for my hair/makeup trial. After having bad experiences with different makeup artisits in the past, I was TERRRIFIED of how my makeup would end up looking. I didn't show Melissa a single picture. I just told her a basic overview of how I wanted to look, and she worked her magic. I can honestly say she is AMAZING at what she does. My makeup turned out looking better than I could have ever imagined. I also brought my own clip-in hair extensions and she was able to add them to my hair with no problem. She was super easy to work with, very quick to respond to emails, and has such a sweet personality. Her assistant also did hair for all of my bridesmaids and they all looked beautiful. The fact that they were able to come on-site to do everything was just an added bonus. Hands down one of my absolute favorite vendors. Thank you guys so much!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Gina · Married on 08/16/2014

Absolutely loved Melissa. Booked with her online after reading some nice reviews. Met with her first at her home about a month before the wedding to do a hair trial. I showed her one picture for like a second and she was able to do her magic and really get the look I was going for. She was very professional and just an all around cool genuine person. On the day of the wedding, she came to our hotel to do hair and was right on time. She did an amazing job on my bridesmaids, mother, and myself. She even helped me fix my makeup after I started crying while reading a letter from my fiance and my makeup artist had already left. I didn't realize at the time I booked her services that she also does makeup! I'm sure she'd be amazing at it! Thank you Melissa, I loveddddd my hair and it looked great in pictures! You're the best!

Sent on 08/27/2014
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 04/04/2014

Melissa and her assistant, Kristen, were wonderful! Melissa did an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my trial and both the hair and makeup for me and my bridal party were awesome! Her prices were very reasonable (more reasonable than a lot of nearby salons) and she came right out to our hotel room so we didn't need to worry about going anywhere.

Personality wise, Melissa was definitely one of my favorite vendors! I felt completely at ease with her and even on my wedding day when I was stressed and things weren't going perfectly, she was able to completely roll with the punches.

I would highly recommend Melissa!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Rebecca · Married on 10/05/2013

The BEST of the BEST!! I cannot get over how my hair and make up looked on my wedding day. Just stunning!!! The girls hair looked fantastic also!! I would recommend Melissa to any Bride in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 10/19/2013

Joy · Married on 09/21/2013

Melissa was amazing!! I can not recommend her highly enough!! She was prompt, professional, and made me look and feel amazing!!!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Kathryn · Married on 09/15/2012

Melissa was so wonderful to have this weekend - she did both my hair and make up for my wedding. I received so many compliments. She was so easy to work with through out the process, even when i changed my mind several different times after our trial run. She and her assistant were right on time the morning of (it was even more awesome that she traveled to our hotel). The bridesmaids all looked wonderful as well. A big thank you to Melissa for making me look and feel beautiful on the day of.

Sent on 09/17/2012
  • amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/28/2012

Melissa is a wonderful hairdresser who makes you feel comfortable and makes you look stunning!!! The trial hair day was something I was nervous about, but left feeling confident and beautiful. Just speaking with Melissa made me feel more at ease about the whole day :) On the day of, I was high with anxiety about time and Melissa worked with me to find the time that I felt comfortable with. She met my expectations and beyond! Her prices were also the most reasonable that I could find in my area, and she came to me!!!! Awesome experience all around :)

Sent on 08/25/2012

Danielle · Married on 07/20/2012

From the trial to the day of the wedding, I loved working with Melissa! She is so much fun to be around and did an amazing job with my wedding hair and makeup!

Sent on 08/20/2012

Steph · Married on 07/14/2012

Melissa was fantastic! She did my hair and make-up, my maid of honor's hair, my mother's make-up, and my mother-in-law's hair. We were all very pleased with her results! My hair and make-up was natural as I requested. It lasted all day even on a very humid day. I got false eyelashes which were so light that I forgot I even had them on all day. I almost forgot to remove them. She took the stress out of getting ready. Melissa was a joy to work with. She's fun and upbeat. Her prices are great and she really knows her stuff! I will definitely use her again for another big event and recommend her to all bride friends! Thanks Melissa!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Beauty by Melissa's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie! You are the sweetest person, your husband is one lucky man! I wish you all the best!

Andrea · Married on 06/08/2012

Melissa did hair for myself and 3 others for my June 2012 wedding. She was always prompt when responding to my emails, her prices are EXTREMELY reasonable (she travels to your venue and her prices are lower than most salons!), and I was blown away by her work. I cannot think of a single thing she could do to improve her services, she is simply the best!

Sent on 08/13/2012

Brittany · Married on 06/01/2012

Melissa was wonderful. Her prices were unbeatable and her service was the best. My hair as well as my wedding party's hair looked fantastic and stayed all night long. She worked with all of us so well and was able to do exactly what we asked. She was so sweet and made us all feel so comfortable. The day of my wedding it was pouring and tornado warnings were in the forecast. With that added stress she helped calm my nerves that morning as we were getting ready. She arrived early to the hotel and began working right away. She worked very well with our photographers who were there getting photos of us getting our hair and make up done. The make up she did was spectacular as well. I would highly recommend Melissa to everyone who is looking for a hair and makeup artist. Thank you Melissa for helping to make our day so perfect.

Sent on 09/21/2012

Annie · Married on 05/28/2012

Melissa provided us with the highest quality of service that we could've imagined! She took her time with each and every bridesmaid and myself and our make up looked fantastic! I would recommend her to anyone that needs high quality makeup done!

Sent on 08/10/2012

Thank you Annie!
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 05/06/2012

Melissa is awesome! She did my bridal make up, 3 updos, and my maid of honor's makeup on my wedding day. She was very accommodating the entire process, and very reasonably priced. Melissa even came to my house several months prior to do a trial, and I couldn't have been more satisfied. Thank so much for making me look gorgeous Melissa!

Sent on 08/17/2012

Heather · Married on 12/10/2011

Melissa was wonderful!!! She was so fun to be around and she did an awesome job on makeup and hair!!! I would defenitely tell everyone to have Melissa do hair and makeup. I had a wonderful wedding day and she ws there to start it out :o) I Thank you sooooo much!!!

Sent on 01/06/2012

Beauty by Melissa's reply:

Thank you Heather your family was a hoot! Congratulations and I wish you all the best!

Cassandra · Married on 07/01/2011

Melissa! Wonderful! that is about all you need to know about her! You should be doing work for the stars!

Our wedding was wonderful and the hair and makeup was the best that i have seen and everyone else has also said the same things about it all...the best comments we have from our friends and family is that our wedding was the best that they have ever been too..they loved how we carried all of the deco and our theme all the way down to the hair and make-up....thank you again!

Sent on 07/07/2011

Beauty by Melissa's reply:

Thank you so much Cassie, I had the best time on your wedding morning, your themes and idea was fantastic everyone looked spectacular!

Johanna · Married on 05/28/2011

Melissa did a wonderful job for myself and my bridesmaids with hair and make-up! She is very professional, pleasant and talented. We all looked great and I'm so glad I found her!!

Sent on 06/13/2011

Ashley · Married on 10/22/2010

Melissa is an amazing makeup artist! She is professional and organized and not to mention very talented. My trial run was fantastic and my makeup was absolutely perfect for my wedding day. I got so many compliments! Melissa is worth every penny! I would definitely refer her to any of my family or friends. Thanks Melissa for making me a beautiful bride!

Sent on 12/21/2010

Jill · Married on 10/16/2010

Melissa did a wonderful job for not only myself, but for my mom, my mother in law and my bridesmaids, as well. She was very adaptive (and as a bride who took a while to figure out what she really wanted, this was a great quality!). She was very patient with me and I was very pleased with her work. We were all very happy with the work Melissa did for us. We all looked great!

Sent on 11/21/2010

Jamie · Married on 09/10/2010

Melissa did an amazing job on my girls hair and makeup! She was very professional and very easy to work with. We enjoyed her fun spirit and especially her services. I had 4 of my girls get there hair done and 3 of them get there makeup done and every one of them raved how good Melissa did. Melissa also did my makeup (Bride) and i was so impressed i cannot wait to pass her name on. Thank you Melissa for making us look so beautiful!

Sent on 09/14/2010
  • User3206209 · 2+ years ago

Melissa did my hair along with that of two of my BMs and my mother-in-law. She was responsive and found that magic spot where she was both professional and friendly. I didn't know what I wanted to do beyond wanting it all up, but at my trial Melissa (aka Missy) helped me figure out a style that was special and yet still fit my generally simple style. On the big day, she arrived on time (an early start!) and brought positive energy to the room. While she does makeup too, I had someone else and Missy worked well with her counterpart. She helped solve my mini-hiccup..both she and the makeuo lady ended up doing my MIL in a room off the hotel lobby b/c we couldn't get her wheelchair to the guest room I was using as a base.

Overall -- I was happy with my hair, as were the others she took care of. Price was reasonable and service was top-notch. Definitely recommend

Sent on 12/21/2014

Sarah · Married on 01/02/2011

3.5

Melissa does excellent work and is very professional. My hair ended up a little different than the picture I wanted it to look like but she still came up with a great style. Her price was very competitive compared to some of the other vendors I looked at.

Sent on 01/22/2011

Beauty by Melissa's reply:

I'm am pleased with the comments but a little surprised by this rating... considering I was very flexible booking the wedding less then two months before the wedding, and with the wedding being the day after New Years day I knew it would be tough for the bride to find someone. Also since it was a last minute booking and when asked if I would give a discount I obliged. My responsiveness was on point with answering emails right away, and fitting a trial run in around the holidays and the bides schedule. Everyone's hair is different and photos should only be used as an inspiration.