Beauty by Khara Reviews

88 | Harrisburg, PA

88 Reviews for Beauty by Khara

• Emily

Emily Roman · Married on 11/16/2019

You NEED to hire Beauty by Khara!

WOW! We were completely blown away by how great Khara and her team is. I am someone who is hesitant to get their makeup done for the fact that I don’t typically wear a ton of makeup and I don’t want to look like someone I’m not. Let me tell you, Khara is the BEST at emphasizing your natural features and believes in “less is more” when it comes to wedding makeup. She made me and my bridesmaids look absolutely beautiful and my bridesmaids kept asking me where I found someone as great as Beauty by Khara. After the wedding, my now husband (who has never complimented my makeup before or even typically notices that kind of stuff) said that my makeup and hair looked awesome and he was so happy that I still looked like myself. It was so nice to get ready at the venue with Khara and she is such a relaxing presence on the most nerve wracking day of your life. I would 100% recommend Beauty by Khara to anyone looking for a makeup and hair artist on the most important day of your life!!

Sent on 11/30/2019
  • Lora

Laura · Married on 11/03/2019

Beautiful inside and out

Khara is wonderful. Not only is she an amazingly talented hair and makeup artist, she was the calming presence I needed while we were getting ready for the wedding. She took care of everyone's beauty needs throughout the morning, and navigated two different getting ready venues without batting an eye. Khara was amazingly responsive, flexible, and made sure all of us were comfortable throughout the getting ready process. She even tolerated my random PowerPoint breakdowns of hair and makeup ideas when things got crazy and my calendar couldn't fit in a consultation with Khara pre-wedding.
    But there's one thing that really stands out to me above how Khara made me look and feel - and that's how she made my Mom look and feel.
    My mother was not originally scheduled to get makeup done, but about halfway into putting on her own makeup, I found her staring into the mirror in the bathroom, flustered and frustrated. Khara made last minute adjustments and got my Mom into the makeup chair. She made her feel confident and beautiful, and boosted her up when she really needed a lift. Khara, my mom is one of the most important people in my life, and I can't thank you enough for making her feel beautiful.
    On a scale of 1 to 10, Khara is an 11. Thank you, thank you, thank you Khara! I can't wait to share pictures!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 10/19/2019

Love love love love

Khara is incredible! She’s so talented, and does amazing work!! All of my bridesmaids were in love with their hair and/or make up. No one was upset about anything and no one felt like they could have done it better themselves! Her prices are super reasonable and she was super flexible’

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 09/14/2019

Highly Recommend

I used Khara for hair & makeup for our wedding. Khara and her sister were amazing to work with! We had 7 people getting hair & makeup done and everyone loved the way they looked! Khara was so professional and helpful throughout the process. I am pretty basic and don’t wear much makeup regularly and Khara created a look for me that was natural and elegant. On the day of they were prompt and efficient with their time. If I had to do it all over again I would definitely book Khara.

Sent on 12/03/2019

Kristin P · Married on 09/07/2019

Five stars

Choosing Khara for my wedding day hair and makeup was one of the best decisions that I made during the wedding planning process! Choosing the right person for my wedding day look was very important to me, as I had a specific style in mind and wanted to look very natural. Throughout the trial and planning process, Khara worked with me to choose a style that would work best for my hair and absolutely nailed both my hair and makeup on my wedding day! I felt like the absolute best version of myself and have never felt more beautiful. Khara and her assistant Mariah also got my 7 bridesmaids and MOB/MOG all looking absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much, Khara! You are the best!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Trudy

Trudy · Married on 06/08/2019

Highly recommend

I was married in Lancaster, PA which is approximately 3 hours from where I live. It is for this reason that I was initially worried about who I would find to do my hair for my wedding- when you are traveling from a distance, you really have to be able to TRUST the people that you work with. And once I met Khara, I knew I had found just that person. Khara is that super-talented-and- professional yet friendly-and-accommodating artist that everyone hopes to have when they need to look their best. I felt completely at ease with Khara and am still in awe of her ability to look at a picture of a style and then bring that to life. Absolutely perfect!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Sara Heindorf · Married on 02/17/2019

Amazing Hair and Makeup!

I cannot say enough good things about Khara!! She was extremely responsive and organized as soon as I filled out a request form, and I had a LOT of questions, being someone who does not usually get my hair and makeup done. At my hair trial, she was so warm and spent some time getting to know me. Then she put my hair in exactly the style I wanted it in minutes! On the wedding day, my friends and I had so much fun getting ready with her and her assistant, Brittany. They felt like our friends at that point. Everyone thought their hair and makeup looked so beautiful because they did such an amazing job!! I was SO happy with my final look for my wedding; my makeup and hair were flawless and lasted all night- I got so many compliments. I would love to hire Khara again and hope to have the chance!!

Sent on 03/07/2019

Stephanie · Married on 01/18/2019

Beautiful Person and Work

Khara was so wonderful and made the entire process easy for me. She made me feel special and beautiful. I will definitely use her for any future needs that may pop up!

Sent on 02/19/2019

Stefanie · Married on 12/22/2018

Absolutely incredible!

Choosing Khara for wedding day hair and makeup was hands down one of the best decisions I have ever made. I cannot say enough about her skill. She is an expert at her craft and is able to enhance features and draw out beauty in ways I never dreamed possible, all while maintaining a seamless, natural, and light look. Most of the bridal party (myself included) are in our 30s and have been in many weddings, and we unanimously agreed that Khara created the most stunning looks of any wedding we've been in. But what is more is that Khara is an incredible human. She is kind and gentle and fun and exudes this calming energy that I so needed when my nerves crept up on me. I met Khara twice, once for our trial and again on my wedding day, but felt as though I had known her for years. I encourage anyone looking for bridal hair and makeup services to hire Khara. You will be a beautiful bride because of her expertise and a better person for encountering her spirit!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Laura Andrie · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing Experience and Service

Khara and her sister did such great job on my hair and make-up as well as my bridesmaids and mother on the morning of the wedding. That worked effectively and efficiently within our timeline and were very kind and flexible throughout the morning. Would highly recommend their services!

Sent on 02/05/2019

Julianne · Married on 10/20/2018

Khara is a legit magician!!!!

Khara is a legit magician!!!! She transformed my very average face/hair into an amazing beauty for my wedding day. I have never been one to stare at myself in the mirror for more than .1 seconds, I don't know how to do any makeup besides basic powder foundation and mascara, but after seeing what she can do, I am determined to learn how to do makeup!!!! I literally have never looked or felt more beautiful in MY LIFE, which is really how it should be on your wedding day!! When you're sitting in her chair, and she's airbrushing your makeup on, and then adding little subtle clusters of fake eyelashes (not a whole heavy sheet of them like you see that looks so fake), it feels like she is doing so much! But then you look in the mirror and you still look like YOU, just an amazingly better you!!! My makeup was ON POINT, and the sealant she sprays at the end held up for 8+ hours. I had my makeup start at 11am, she was done around 11:34. Then hair until maybe just after 12pm? And the ceremony wasn't until 3pm ( we wanted lots of photos before the ceremony) and the whole event ended at 10pm, and my makeup still looked impeccable, despite the crying I did during the ceremony. My hair, which I had done in a curly, messy bun off the side with a few curls dangling down, held up through all my crazy dancing! The bun definitely started to fall a bit lower down, but it held its shape and looked even better! The amount of pins I pulled out of my hair later that night was astonishing for how comfortable and perfect the hair-do was. I am so truly grateful to Khara for the work she did on me. I have always felt pretty average on the side of decent looking, but Khara transformed me into a princess. I am so tempted to learn her secret ways now, after seeing how they can make me look. Her prices were EXTREMELY reasonable (I told her she needs to charge more), and tipped her extra on the day of after seeing the magic she had worked on me. The whole wedding day I didn't feel self conscious at all, which was an amazing feeling. Thank you, Khara, so much for everything you did for me!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Elizabeth Kendall Robbins

Elizabeth · Married on 10/06/2018

There are not enough kind words that I can say about Khara! I had the privilege of having her do my makeup and hair for my engagement pictures this past Wednesday. It was also a trial run for my fiance and I's wedding. Khara made our picture day even more special. She was professional, relaxed, knowledgeable and of course talented! She listened to me/my concerns and talked through them all. I cannot wait to have Khara be a part of our big day!

Sent on 05/19/2017
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 08/04/2018

Let me just tell you how much fun Khara is!!! Talking to her and meeting her the first time, I felt like I knew her forever! I changed the style of my hair after our trial and she was awesome about it! she was able to try it the day of and it was beautiful! Her and her sister provided hair and makeup the day of at our house and it was a blast, loved her!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Alyssa · Married on 05/12/2018

Khara is amazing at what she does. She made myself and my bridesmaids feel amazing and so comfortable. She is so down to earth and is willing to change anything you don't like (although she didn't have too because I loved my hair and make up). I highly recommend Khara!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Marielena · Married on 04/27/2018

I cannot picture anyone else doing my makeup for my special day. I had trouble finding a makeup artist for my wedding because it was being held in a town I do not even live in, so I searched for a while. I stumbled across her work online and fell in love. I contacted her and she told me she had availability for my wedding day, and was able to schedule my makeup trial soon after our phone conversation. This was great because I had a little over a month left until the wedding and I felt like time was running short. Khara was flexible with scheduling, travels to you, and is friendly and very easy to get along with. I also thought she was pretty funny, which made everything so much more fun! Most importantly, she KNOWS HER MAKEUP. I told her I had issues with finding foundation to match my skin tone in the past, and she spoke about things like oxidation once makeup reacts with your face's natural chemistry, showing that she's an expert in this field. Her knowledge about this put me at ease and reassured me that I wouldn't go from a beautiful bronzed queen to "what the?" once a few minutes passed by, which had happened to me in the past when getting makeup matched at beauty stores. My make up was so pretty and sparkly like I wanted, and it lasted all night on my naturally oily skin. She created a custom, berry-colored tint for my lips which I LOVED! My mom also loved the makeup Khara did for her, which says a lot because my mom can be picky! Makeup: 10/10.

Also, Khara took on the challenge of doing my hair on my wedding day. I am of Central American descent so I have very thick and heavy hair all the way down to my hips. Khara managed to put all my hair into a low bun with side-swept bangs. The bun was so pretty, and even survived a cake fight with my husband after the cake-cutting. She took her time putting all my hair into that beautiful bun and she had so much patience working with my layered hair. I would definitely hire her again!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Jessica · Married on 04/14/2018

Khara was wonderful in every way! She's a true professional who has not only studied her material, but has a ton of experience and it showed. She KNOWS HER STUFF!! We met once to do a trial makeup and hair run. She was patient, listened to me, and adjusted her touch accordingly. She made sure I was happy with the final outcome and took notes on everything to save time on the wedding day. Between our meeting and the wedding day, I decided to change a few things and she was always responsive, kind, and professional in communicating about the changes.
    On the wedding day, she arrived early (every bride's dream!) and was just as kind and calm as the first day when we met. I appreciated her calmness, kindness, and professionalism. We decided to make a last minute change to my hairstyle and once again, she listened to me and my feedback and she NAILED IT! She helped make my day special, relaxing, and BEAUTIFUL!!!! I highly recommend working with Khara-I can't recommend her enough!!

Sent on 04/27/2018

Erika · Married on 12/16/2017

I truly cannot say enough positive words about the person Khara is, along with the amount of talent she possesses! I booked Khara for my bridal hair along with 11 other girls’ hair for my wedding. One of the most amazing things about Khara is that she ACTUALLY listens when you talk to her! She came to my home for the trial and I absolutely loved my updo, but wanted to tweak a few things. I sent her pictures and she made the exact adjustments I needed. My updo was all I could have dreamed of and more—and it actually stayed in all night! I have very long, thick hair, so it is difficult to find a hairstyle that will last throughout an entire evening…let alone a night as busy as your wedding night! Aside from the genius she is when it comes hair (I know she also does make up, but I had already booked a different vendor for that) she is one of the kindest souls I have ever met! Her calm demeanor and laid back energy is exactly what a nervous bride needs the morning of her wedding! She continually asked me, “Is there anything I can do for you? What do you need? You look beautiful, don’t worry everything is going to work out!” Also, my mother in law was very ill the night before my wedding, and was unhappy with her make up- Khara helped touch up her make up until she felt comfortable enough! Khara is extremely knowledgable, experienced, and a wonderful stylist to work with for the most important day of your life. I do plan on contacting her for future life events!! Look no further…book Khara!!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Lauren · Married on 11/11/2017

I loved working with Khara! She was so easy to talk to - like an old friend! She answered all my questions and eased all my concerns, and was very accommodating throughout. As someone who is typically insecure, she did both my hair and makeup and made me feel the most confident I've ever been(a nice little boost for my wedding day!)! Khara listened to all my style choices/concerns, and listened when I wanted something changed - she was very open to redoing any hair or makeup until I found the exact look I wanted. In addition to myself, on the wedding day, Khara and her assistant took on the challenge of my girls, moms, and aunts with ease. Additionally, I appreciate that of any stylist I reached out to, she was not only the most responsive, but the friendliest. A true pro.............highly recommend!!!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Shenel · Married on 11/04/2017

I absolutely loved working with Khara, she is GREAT! I did a trial with her before my wedding day so we could figure out what worked best for me. I found it so easy to communicate with her during that trial. Her unbelievable receptiveness towards how I wanted my makeup done was so, so great. We ended up finding the perfect look for my wedding day. When the wedding day came around, everything was perfect. I already knew I had nothing to worry about and could trust everything she was doing completely. I loved how I looked, and received many compliments. If I ever need a makeup artist and she is around, I will certainly be going back to her again.

Other little tidbits: she was on time, all of the equipment used was most definitely clean, and she has a easygoing, wonderful demeanor. It was easy to talk to her throughout our time together. She's so great!! You want to book her!! :)

Sent on 08/02/2016

Kate · Married on 10/29/2017

Khara is absolutely one of the most beautiful and kind people I have ever met, as well as an incredibly talented make-up artist. It was a privilege to have her do the make-up for my bridal party and mothers on my wedding, which was Oct 29, 2017. Khara also did a beautiful trial for me in May 2017 prior to my engagement pictures. She really took the time to listen to what type of look I was going for and was open to all suggestions. She does BEAUTIFUL work and is extremely knowledgeable and professional. She and her sister/assistant make-up artist, Brittany, finished the make-up for all five of my bridesmaids, me, and two mothers in less than four hours. She is fun, creative, gorgeous, and has been a pleasure to work with. I love that she comes on-site to do the make-up and she brings quite a set-up of professional items, including a fancy chair and lighting. My girls LOVED her as well, were very happy with their make-up looks, and many wedding guests commented to me how gorgeous my bridal party was! I’m already trying to come up with a reason to get my make-up done by her again! I can’t say enough great things about this lovely woman and her fantastic business!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Alyssa · Married on 10/21/2017

Khara and her sister were superstars! They are both the most patient calming people and their hair and makeup expertise is outstanding. I cannot imagine my wedding without them. They stayed past our originally contracted timeline to work on women in my party who originally declined the offer for hair/makeup, saw Khara and Brittany's work, and immediately changed their minds. In the end, all 9 of us were done on time and looked flawless. Between the outstanding results and atmosphere they bring to the hours before the wedding, they are INVALUABLE.

Sent on 01/19/2018

Ryan · Married on 10/13/2017

Khara and her sister who assisted her were both kind, knowledgeable and attentive when it came to doing the girls' hair and makeup for our wedding. They showed up early, ready to rock and roll. All of the girls were very satisfied with the way their hair and makeup turned out. Khara comes fully stocked, with a vast collection of mid to high-end products with hundreds of clean brushes and falsie lashes ready to go. Khara talks with you like an old friend while she is beautifying you, which makes the experience all the more enjoyable. She encourages feedback from you because she really is there to make you feel and look your best for your big day, which was very comforting to me. Special mention that she traveled about 4 hours round trip to meet me in my home for my trial, and that really stands out to me, as it shows she seriously values her clients and will go above and beyond for you. If you are looking for someone who knows their stuff and has the experience to show for it, look no further.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Judith · Married on 10/07/2017

Khara and Brittany did an amazing on my entire bridal parties hair and makeup. Both ladies were an absolute JOY to work with! Khara is super responsive and really helps to take the stress away. Her easy confidence made me feel beautiful even more so than the makeup. I would definitely recommend if you want someone who is professional but who also cares about you and what you want

Sent on 11/02/2017

Summer · Married on 10/07/2017

Khara is so talented at what she does! My hair came out absolutely perfect! My hair doesn’t get any volume at all and she made it so voluminous! It was so perfect and she is so personable. Thank you for helping me make my day perfect!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Alyssa · Married on 09/30/2017

Thank you so much to Khara and her team! From the hair/makeup trial to day of prep, everything was amazing! Khara is very talented, I received so many compliments on my hair and makeup. She was on top of everything and really helped soothe my wedding jitters. My hair and makeup lasted all night and held up through lots of dancing! Thanks Khara!

Sent on 10/01/2017