Beauty by Jill Reviews

152 | Covina, CA

152 Reviews for Beauty by Jill

Eden · Married on 01/21/2012

Jill is great to work with! She's very responsive and was quick to answer emails and answer any questions. Page Mahan did hair and makeup for my mom, and makeup for me and my sister for my brother's wedding. We got compliments from guests and the makeup lasted all night even after hours of dancing. Thanks Jill and Page!

Sent on 05/18/2012

Merrill · Married on 12/10/2011

Jill is absolutely wonderful! A beautician friend of mine wasn't able to do my hair and makeup for my wedding, so I had only a few months to find a makeup artist that was both available and affordable. Jill was recommended to me by a friend and I'm so happy he recommended Jill to me. I had a lot of ideas for hair and makeup and Jill was able to help me narrow down what would work best with my dress and last throughout the wedding. At the hair and makeup trial she did two looks for me, both of which I liked. She also did my hair and makeup for my engagement photo shoot, which looked fantastic and lasted all day! On the day of the wedding, Jill arrived on time and set up very quickly. I still didn't know what I wanted done with my hair (which is terrible!) but Jill was able to put together a look that worked well with my dress and veil so I was very happy! She also did my sister's hair and makeup, along with my mom and aunt's makeup. If I ever have another special occasion event to attend, I might just give Jill a call!

Sent on 03/11/2012

May · Married on 11/19/2011

I found Jill thru yelp in 2009 when I was a bridesmaid at my friends wedding and I was very satisfied with the hair and make up that she did. A year later I got engaged and booked Jill for my engagement photo shoot and for the wedding day itself. I couldn't be happier! Jill was amazing! She made me look beautiful on the best day of my life! I highly recommend her and her team. Her prices are awesome and her team is very professional and sweet as well.

So ladies, look no further! Jill will definitely make you look beautiful on the best day of your life!

Thank you Jill and Team!

Sent on 05/21/2012

Erica · Married on 11/11/2011

Jill was great! I loved my wedding day hair and make-up! She changed little things that I wanted and made me feel pretty!

I highly recommend Jill!

Sent on 11/30/2011

Jessica · Married on 07/23/2011

Jill did both my hair and makeup for my wedding. She was fantastic! I wasn't sure what I wanted done with my hair and Jill was very patient with me through the trial process. I absolutely loved the final look. Jill was reliable, quick to respond to email/calls, had a great price and was able to make me look like the best version of myself. I highly recommend her and her team!

Sent on 01/04/2012
  • User2224488 · event on: 05/21/2011

I called Jill to see if she could do my daughter's hair & makeup for her prom. When I told my daughter, her initial reaction was "Oh great, my mom's taste in makeup... and my hair...it's not going to be what I want".
    Jill was prompt to our appointment and extremely comforting to my daughter. When Jill finished with her hair & makeup, my daughter was extremely happy and confident for her night out.
    Jill not only made my daughter look even more fabulous, she gave me credit with my daughter!
    We will use her again ~ definitely!

Sent on 02/09/2012

Diana · Married on 05/15/2011

Jill and her amazing assistant did my bridal makeup for my May wedding as well as all 3 of my bridesmaids' hair and makeup. She responded to all my emails very quickly and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. I loved my makeup and all 3 girls looked beautiful. I don't think I can say enough great things about Jill. :)

Sent on 05/28/2011

Dawn · Married on 05/07/2011

I was fortunate to be referred to Jill when I was looking for someone to do my hair and makeup for my May wedding. She was awesome. She really did a wonderful job with my hair and makeup. She helped make my special day "special"! I would highly recommend her. She was very professional and punctual. She came to my hotel room the morning of my wedding and was able to get my makeup and hair done for the photos being taken prior to the wedding ceremony. I am one that does not normally like wearing makeup so I didn't want to look like a clown. Jill did the makeup to make it look natural but elegant. I am grateful to her to helping me to look beautiful for my special day.

Sent on 07/17/2011

Jean · Married on 03/20/2011

This review is incredibly overdue!  Jill was so enjoyable to work with and had done my hair and makeup for a friend's wedding as well as my own.  Jill works with you to put together the look you envisioned by listening to your ideas and incorporating them with her own experiences.  She is extremely professional and responsive during the entire process and always available for advice. I loved my hair and makeup (it stays on all night) and received many compliments.  The moms and sisters also loved Jill and her assistant's hair and makeup.  Jill's prices are fair, transparent and inclusive without the add-ons that many other vendors include.  Most of all, working with Jill was fun and stress-free.  I find myself wishing for more special occasions so that I can have Jill do my hair and makeup!

Sent on 04/02/2012

Lindsay · Married on 11/20/2010

Jill was one of two hairstylists that I hired for my wedding. Jill was very easy to work with, and responded quickly to emails/questions that I had. Her prices are VERY reasonable. She charges a small mileage fee to travel to your hotel, but I think it's worth it to have someone come to you rather than you going to them.

She was extremely nice, and has great skills. All of my bridesmaids & flower girl loved their hair, and I loved how it stayed the entire night.

I would highly recommend Jill to other brides, BM's, etc.

Thanks Jill for all your work- I just hope my BM's tipped you! ;)

Sent on 11/29/2010

Kenina · Married on 08/28/2010

I went to Jill for a hair and makeup consultation and instantly loved her work. I don’t wear much makeup so I was kind of nervous that I would end up having a white powdered face with red lipstick that other makeup artists have done for me in the past. But Jill’s hair and makeup was perfect. I felt beautiful and it looked natural. On wedding day, Jill came right on time with the rest of her crew (I also had 4 bridesmaids and my mom, who all needed hair and makeup as well). We were all done and ready to go by the time the photographer arrived for pre-wedding photos and we all looked beautiful. =)

Sent on 10/06/2010

Kristine · Married on 05/15/2010

I just got married three days ago and this is the first review I wanted to write. Jill is SO great -- skillful, efficient, responsible, reasonably priced, and personable.

I normally don't wear much makeup and I can look really strange and different when my makeup is heavy. My fiance was freaked out by my makeup for the engagement shoot, and it was totally my fault for not doing a good job communicating what I wanted (and not doing a trial run). When I came back for my makeup and hair trial before the wedding, I asked Jill for a more natural look, and she totally delivered. I was satisfied with the trial and walked around shopping and running wedding errands the rest of the day without feeling too uncomfortable.

The day of my wedding, we had to start getting ready at 5am. Jill showed up bright and early with her assistant, and they did hair and makeup for my bms and the mothers in two and a half hours. I was so happy when I looked in the mirror, my makeup was even better than the trial we had done earlier in the week.

Jill is also very skilled at styling hair -- I sent her a vague picture of an updo hairstyle I liked and she was able to recreate it beautifully. She also styled the moms' hair and they were both happy with it.

two thumbs up for Jill and her assistant Lenora! :)

Sent on 05/17/2010

Diane · Married on 02/20/2010

Jill was wonderful! During my trial, I brought Jill a photo of what I wanted. She emulated the hairstyle and then some more since I have a lot of hair. :D Oftentimes when you get your hair done, you can feel the weight of all the hairspray it takes to hold everything up. But not so with Jill....my first response after she was done: "Wow, it's so light."

On my wedding day, Jill was so flexible and tended to whatever needs of 5 bridesmaids, two sister-in-laws, one flower girl, one mother, and one bride. A LOT of people! But everyone looked SOO BEAUTIFUL!

And you can't beat her prices....for what Jill charges, it feels like you just got a 50% discount. It really helped me stay within my budget and more.

Sent on 04/25/2010

Maria · Married on 11/28/2009

Jillz was a lifesaver. About 3 weeks before my wedding I found myself with no makeup artist!! I contacted Jillz and she was available on such a short notice. She was wonderful. On my wedding day, she came to the hotel I was getting dressed, was on time and professional. My makeup was wonderful and made me the happiest bride!!! I highly recommend her and would use her for future events. Her prices are also reasonable.

Sent on 02/20/2010

Karla · Married on 11/21/2009

Jill did an awesome make up job!

Sent on 02/09/2010

Kiara · Married on 09/05/2009

Jill was my hero on my wedding day!!!! I hired TWO make up/hair artists so that my bridesmaids, mother and I would have enough time to get our makeup and hair done and not rush. I had everyone scheduled for a specific time slot and I was scheduled to work with the OTHER make up artist...however, to my amazement, the OTHER makeup artist never showed up. The OTHER make up artist never called, never sent a replacement like the contract said she would and never picked up her phone as I frantically called her repeatedly over and over again. JILL was there ON TIME and was so professional the whole time this was going on. We had to make adjustments since we all wanted to get our hair and makeup done with only one makeup artist, but Jill made it work. I was so GRATEFUL to have Jill there. If she hadn't been there, I think I would have cried!!! To think that someone who has a deposit of yours and a signed contract could do that to you on your wedding day! I thank Jill for being able to be so flexible with her time and the amount of people she was originally contracted for. THANK YOU JILL!!! You saved the day!!! And you did such a great job, all of my bridesmaids loved their hair and our make up was beautiful. Thanks again!!!

Sent on 12/21/2009

Nessa · Married on 05/30/2009

Jill did an amazing job with my hair and make-up for my wedding. She is professional and extremely talented! All of the bridesmaids loved their look as well! Jill is very reasonably priced. She truly cares about achieving the look you're going for. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 01/26/2010

Krystle · Married on 11/08/2008

Jill provided great hair style and makeup services during the trial session, and more importantly on the day of Our Wedding. She not only arrived on time, but was friendly and professional. The hair style and makeup was exactly the way I wanted!!! She definitely provides great work at a reasonable price!!!

Sent on 04/07/2009

Alice · Married on 10/05/2008

It was a pleasure working with this vendor. She made everything so easy and was very friendly. Her cost are very affordable and you don't have to think about looking elsewhere.

Sent on 04/13/2009

Methuselah · Married on 05/20/2006

I love Jill!!! I hired her in 06 for my wedding when she was starting out and she was amazing!! Her prices are the BEST!! I recommended her for my sister in laws wedding in October 08 and wow her skills are fantastic!! Her talent is well worth the money, actually she should be charging way more!! Jill is a sweet heart and she will work her magic and make your wedding day even more memorable...

She'll make you look HOT!!

Sent on 04/10/2009

Michelle · Married on 11/12/2016

Jill and her team are very friendly and did an excellent job for our makeup and hair! THANK YOU AGAIN JILL for everything :)

Sent on 11/16/2016
  • User4199577 · 2+ years ago

The ladies who worked came for our event were great, especially Angie! She did an amazing job for both hair and makeup. The airbrush application was great and lasted the whole night. I would definitely come back for any future events!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Jackie · Married on 05/25/2014

Page was very professional and flexible!

Sent on 06/02/2014

Alice H. · Married on 11/17/2013

Jill was great! I contacted her like a month before my wedding and luckily she was still available on my wedding day! I had my make up trial on the day of my bridal shower and everyone loved my make up that day, so I knew she would do a great job on my wedding day! I had the trial at Jill's home studio and she was just the cutest and the sweetest. She was so nice and easy to talk to, she made the trial fun (her dog was soooooo cute as well!!) She listened to everything that I wanted, she even worked with my very stubborn, uneven, small, one double-lid, one mono-lid Asian eyes very patiently! I have actually changed my mind about my bangs and my lashes between the trial and the wedding day, and she simply listened to what I said and did exactly what I wanted for my make up. She showed up early with her assistant and got all 7 people all done on time! Jill really was wonderful and I am so glad that I hired her for my wedding day!

Sent on 12/30/2013