Beauty by Jill Reviews

152 | Covina, CA

152 Reviews for Beauty by Jill

We had a great time with Jill. It was the first time for my niece and my daughter and they enjoyed it. Jill took her time with us and was very patient, especially with the last minute changes we asked her to do. We did not feel that we are being rushed. Her flexibility was great. I highly recommend Beauty by Jill. Definitely will be seeing her again on our next BIG event.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Jill was great to work with! I did my own makeup, and so I hired her for my bridesmaids and my mother and aunt. I loved the makeup she did on all of them. They looked beautiful and natural. Jill is so sweet, and my bridesmaids both kept commenting on how nice she was and how gentle she was in working with them. Throughout the booking process, Jill responded to my emails quickly, and kept in constant communication with me about the schedule of the day. I would definitely recommend Jill to anyone! Thank you, Jill!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Trixie · Married on 09/12/2013

Was very happy with the make-up especially airbrush. I barely had to retouch the entire night!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Kate · event on: 08/27/2013

Jill was the ultimate! I had to look for a hair/make up person in CA for a video interview I was doing for work. Coming from NY, this was unknown territory for me. I found Jill on Yelp, and was impressed by the number of positive reviews. When I decided to work with her, I found out why! From inquiry to delivery she was responsive, friendly, and professional. She was flexible with billing, very competitively priced, and did a fantastic job with my hair and make up. I was very impressed with her work, her professionalism, as well as her relaxed and friendly nature. She asked for my input, and was flexible with her "design". She didn't over do anything. The make up was exactly what I was looking for, and so was the hair. Her work gave me added confidence to go into my interview knowing I looked the part. I would highly recommend Beauty by Jill to anyone!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Kirsten · Married on 08/10/2013

Jill was very easy to work with and I loved how my hair and make up turned out! I don't usually wear a lot of make up but how she did it was perfect for my wedding..very natural. My hair turned out great, exactly how I wanted. (Pulled to the side in a kind of messy pony tail) The trial run helped a lot as we were able to tweak some things. She also did the hair and make up for my mom and 2 bridesmaids who all looked great and loved their looks.

Sent on 09/10/2013

Jill was very flexible and accommodating. She did exactly what I asked for. I loved everything about my hair and make up that Jill did. Even when I was a little stressed she was so calm and definitely had me feeling at ease and comfortable on the big day.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Janine · Married on 06/29/2013

Jill was a pleasure to work with and I'm so happy with how beautiful I looked on my wedding day! Jill and her assistant came to our hotel at 9am and had 7 of us ready by 1:30. Jill did my updo and airbrush makeup, which both lasted all day in the heat. Jill also did hair for my mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, 2 sisters, and sister-in-law, and her assistant Whitney did everyone else's makeup using regular foundation, which also held up well in the heat. I like that everyone looked naturally beautiful, not too overdone. I planned my wedding from the East coast, so I had sent all of my information and requests to Jill via email and never met her until my wedding day. She was always very responsive to my emails and everyone was comfortable working with her and satisfied with their results.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Karli · Married on 06/28/2013

I had to contact Jill very close to the wedding date, as my first make up person fell through. Luckily, she was able to squeeze me in for both a trial and day of. She is so friendly and totally makes you feel at ease during the whole process. I don't normally wear a lot of makeup, and neither do my bridesmaids, but she did such a fantastic job of making sure that we had the perfect makeup to look great in pictures without feeling like we didn't recognize ourselves. Jill was also very flexible in that she came to the hair salon I already had an appointment at and did our makeup there.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Mimi · Married on 05/19/2013

Jill did a great job for my engagement shoot and wedding. She was super responsive with emails (even though I wasn't on my end) and during the makeup sessions themselves. Very attentive and plans ahead. A real professional who puts her clients first, and knows what she's doing.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Jill and her team were awesome! She was prompt and always responded back right away. She always had a smile on her face even at 4 in the morning! You can tell Jill loves what she does and she's good at it. Thank you Jill for working with our crazy schedule and help making our special day unforgettable.

Sent on 02/15/2013

Patricia · Married on 10/21/2012

Jill is great!! She did my hair and make up for my bridal shower and my wedding!!! She is amazing!!!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Mari · Married on 10/06/2012

I am so glad I chose Jill to have my make up done for my wedding. She's super sweet and very very talented. I wish she can do my make up everyday! Jill and her crew showed up on time on my wedding day and my bridesmaids looked awesome! My hair appt ran a little late and when I got back to the hotel, Jill was waiting for me with a smile! Thank you Jill!!!! :D

Sent on 10/30/2012

Carol · Married on 09/29/2012

My mom is a very simple woman who does not wear any makeup and is really bad at maintaining a skin care regimen. The only thing she does is dye her hair to hide her grays. Since her only daughter was getting married, she reluctantly agreed to let me book an artist to do her hair and makeup. She preferred a Chinese speaking artist so she would be able to communicate. My mom was really nervous because she doesn't speak much English and she doesn't like to get dressed up at all. I was getting ready at another location so I wouldn't be available to help translate.

I found Jill through a Facebook link and checked out her work on her website. I liked what I saw and decided to contact her. My mom told me what she wanted and didn't want and asked me to tell Jill. She was very responsive to my emails and didn't mind that I sent her very loooong and detailed emails.

Jill arrived on schedule at 6am to beautify my mom and did a wonderful job bringing out my mom's features. When I saw my mom that morning I honestly did not recognize her. She looked gorgeous but not too made-up. My mom told me that Jill was funny and patient with her and is a very, very nice person. She really liked her and was glad that I found her!

My mom was very happy with her hair and makeup and it seemed like she had more confidence in herself. I know she felt and looked like the Mother of the Bride!

Overall, Jill is great!!!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Maricris · Married on 09/22/2012

Jill is very professional and super nice. In weddings things can get pretty hectic and she was very flexible and accommodating. I highly recommend her and her prices are very reasonable.

Sent on 10/23/2012

Somer · Married on 09/08/2012

Beauty by Jill was recommended to me by a friend of mine who had a very good experience with Jill and her team last year. At every turn Jill was friendly and welcoming and did outstanding work from trial to engagement session to wedding day. She and her team were on time, efficient, extremely friendly, and most importantly, did picture perfect and lasting work from my 80+ Grandmother to my youngest bridesmaid. I would recommend Jill in a heartbeat and am looking forward to the next occasion when I can use her again.

Sent on 09/10/2012

Sasha · Married on 08/18/2012

I love Jill! She was very professional. She did a great job on my make up and made me feel so comfortable going through the trial and on the day of my wedding.

Sent on 08/30/2012

Alison · Married on 08/11/2012

Jill was great to work with from my trial all the way through my wedding day. She and her team were so efficient and made us look beautiful at the same time! I'm really lucky that she was there to take care of us and I would highly recommend her services to anyone looking for a great hair/makeup team.

Sent on 08/15/2012

Amy · Married on 07/28/2012

Jill was so fun to work with and did a wonderful job on my wedding day! The main reason why I chose Jill was because of her experience in making brides glow naturally (just look at her portfolio!), her experience with Asian brides, and because of her incredibly affordable services :) She arrived early to set up, was finished with plenty of time to spare, and even flexible with some last minute additions to my hair :) I LOVED how my makeup turned out on my wedding day! I highly recommend her to any bride who wants to have beautiful, natural makeup from a very experienced, fun, professional makeup artist!

Sent on 08/07/2012

Doris · Married on 07/21/2012

Honestly, Jill is amazing. I can say that on my wedding day, she made me feel like a million bucks. I love that I can talk to her and not be judged . She is also very flexible and understands how weddings are. Never once did she make any remarks or comments, but she made me feel calm and just talked to me during the times when I felt nervous. If I had to do this over again, I would choose Jill.

Sent on 08/03/2012

Very easy to work with and does a really great job on make overs! I couldn't have asked for a different make up artist. Very friendly and professional. Listens to your needs and understands the importance of your big day.
    Thanks Jill! Im so lucky I found you last minute!!!

Sent on 07/15/2012

Kara · Married on 06/24/2012

Jill did my bridal makeup, and did a fantastic job! Even though she was busy earlier that day with another event, she made time for me and I'm so glad she did. The makeup suited me perfectly, with no direction from me needed (which was great, since I wasn't 100% sure of what would look best on me). She got there early, worked quickly, and was fun to chat with - it couldn't have gone smoother. Plus her rates are competitive, she's responsive to emails, and professional. Thank you Jill!

Sent on 07/02/2012

Kristen · Married on 06/09/2012

Jill and her team were great !!! They were punctual and extremely professional. My make-up lasted all day and looked really great in the photos. I have never felt more beautiful than I did on the day of my wedding. Thanks Jill, you're the best !!

Sent on 07/08/2012

Diana · Married on 06/02/2012

I highly recommend Beauty by Jill! My wedding was scheduled at 11AM in the small mountain community of Idyllwild, which is about a 2 hour drive east of Los Angeles and Jill's team arrived bright and early on the day of the wedding (which means they left LA around 3-4AM!). They did a wonderful job, listened and understood how I wanted the bridesmaids and flower girls to look, and finished everything with time to spare. It was an outdoor wedding in June and hair/makeup lasted all day with no touch-ups needed. The entire process went smoothly: everything from contacting Jill (she's very responsive and answers all of your questions), to setting up the trial session with Chelsea (who is awesome), to making arrangements for her team to come out for the wedding (we had four people total). They really did a lovely job on all of us and I can't thank Jill & team enough for helping make that day special.

Sent on 09/01/2012

Caroline · Married on 05/05/2012

Jill was great to work with and I really loved the hair and make up of my bridesmaids and myself.

Sent on 05/17/2012

Lola · Married on 02/11/2012

Jill is so sweet and amazing. I highly recommend her! She makes you feel so comfortable, listens to what you want and executes! She was always responsive. Her prices are reasonable. And she shows up on time. I had an early morning wedding and Jill arrived at 6:45am to set up and begin working as scheduled! Amazing! We received so many compliments! My makeup didn't smear and our hairdos stayed in place! Thank you Jill for making us look and feel so beautiful!

Sent on 02/16/2012