Beauty by Jill Reviews

152 | Covina, CA

152 Reviews for Beauty by Jill

Sarah · Married on 12/04/2015

Jill was a very nice and professional hair and makeup artist to work with. She listened to what I wanted/preferred, and did it accordingly. She was also always on time for our appointments.

For my hair and make-up during my wedding day, it stayed on the whole day and the airbrush makeup that she used on me didn't get oily even if I have really oily skin! I received a lot of praises and positive feedback for both my hair and makeup.

I would definitely recommend Jill to anyone looking for a hair and makeup artist. If you are looking for a talented and pleasant person to work with, go with Jill.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Ariana · Married on 11/28/2015

I don't know why the stars won't fill up to 5. It only allowed me to give 4.5 stars.... But I give Jill 5/5 stars!

I found Jill on Yelp and read all the good reviews and saw her work through the pictures. I emailed her and she responded within a few hours.

I showed her pictures of what I wanted for my hair and make-up and she gave me exactly that. I don't wear much make-up, so I was a little nervous I would feel like my face was caked on or that I would break out after...thankfully, .neither of those happened.

I went to her house and we started on time. I think it only took about an hour or an hour and a half, I don't remember. I also remember asking the day of if I can come in earlier, and she was kind enough to let me, which I definitely appreciated.

Jill is super nice and I'd recommend her to anyone looking to get their hair and make-up done RIGHT. :)

Sent on 01/15/2016

The single best decision I made in planning my wedding was hiring Jill to do my hair and makeup for my wedding day. She perfectly balanced giving me what I want, while encouraging me to try things that she as a professional thought would look good on me. I am not someone who wears much makeup, but Jill made me feel beautiful and natural. I really cannot say enough good things about Jill. Thank you, Jill!!

Sent on 12/17/2015

I met Jill when she did my hair and makeup for one of my best friend's weddings. I hired her on the spot for my own wedding three months later (and that bride was one of my bridesmaids as well--so we both love Jill!). Jill was wonderful to work with, especially as I live overseas and could only communicate with her over email. Her team was super friendly and also patient with my large bridal party! They made our morning run so smoothly and Jill even packed me a little bride-to-go bag in case I needed to touch up later on in the day. I'm really glad Jill and her team were there for my big day and I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Celene · Married on 09/26/2015

I am soo happy to have found Jill! She did an amazing job with both my hair and make-up, and provided the exact look I was aiming for, for the black tie wedding I attended. She was extremely professional, friendly, and QUICK! I will definitely be using her for all my future glam needs.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Damaris · Married on 09/25/2015

Jill is very professional! She made my make-up trial easy and fun, like i was in the hands of a friend.She addressed any concerns I had and we were able to communicate through texts and emails. For my wedding day she said she was going to be there at 6:30 am, she knocked my hotel door at 6:31 am. Best wake up call ever!

Sent on 09/15/2015

June · Married on 09/19/2015

I am so happy that I found Jill and her team!!! Jill did an awesome job on hair and makeup for my engagement pictures, engagement day, and wedding day. She answers her email super quick and very flexible with my schedule. She was prompt and on time to both days. I got great complements on my hair and make up. I will refer my friends and families to Jill if they need hair and make up done. For myself, I will definitely use Jill again. Thank you Jill :)

Sent on 10/08/2015

Knew about Beauty by Jill from a friend's wedding where they did my bridesmaid hair and make-up. I was so happy with how my hair and make up turned out, that 3 years later I reached out to Jill for my own wedding. The bridesmaids, flower girls, and moms were satisfied and happy with their hair & make-up the day of the wedding. The stylists were professional and very personable. I love Ellie who did my hair and make-up for the bridal trial and the day of. Overall, my experience was excellent.

Sent on 10/06/2015

I did not hire Jill directly, but she was one of the hair and makeup artists for my wedding day on September 12th, 2015. She did the hair and makeup for both my and my husband's moms, as well as one of my bridesmaids. I was nervous for whoever got this job, as wedding day moms can be pretty particular, but thankfully Jill did an AMAZING job!! All three ladies that she worked on looked spectacular. People are still talking about how beautiful and elegant my mom looked at my wedding!! Thank you so much Jill for providing such a great service!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Cindy · Married on 07/25/2015

Jill did my hair and makeup for my son's wedding. She did a wonderful job and is an amazing makeup artist. She enhances your features without making you look or feel overdone. In addition, she (and her family) are pleasant, kind people. I'll continue to look for reasons to visit Jill for services in the future. 100% satisfied!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Jill was professional, communicative, fun, personable, and responsive. She and her professional team did a fabulous job for our wedding. I highly recommend her to any future bride!

Sent on 08/19/2015

I love Jill! She is great at what she does! I felt beautiful because of her!

Sent on 09/04/2015

Melissa · Married on 06/25/2015

Jill and her team did an awesome job at making myself and bridesmaids look stunning on my big day! She made my skin flawless and listened to everything I had to say!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Alexis · Married on 06/20/2015

Jill and her team were great to work with. They did hair and makeup for all of my bridesmaids and mom. Jill was so responsive and easy to work with especially leading up to the wedding when girls were changing their minds about what services they wanted done. Jill made a schedule for the girls and really really stuck to it. Everyone was pleased with their hair and makeup. A few girls had some small things they wanted changed with their hair or makeup and Jill and her team were so accommodating. One of my bridesmaids is getting married later this year and booked Jill's services on the spot for her own wedding! Thanks Jill for being so wonderful to work with and for making my girls look amazing.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Adriana · Married on 06/06/2015

I was referred to Beauty By Jill but Jill's mother-in-law and I am so glad that I was. Jill was accommodating, kind and really listened to what I wanted. I did two make-up hair trials, the first one was great but I realized did not match the style of my dress. The second trial was perfect! AND my hair and make-up was even better for my wedding day. Jill's team also did my 93 year old grandma, my mom, and two friends. They all look amazing. Thank you Jill!

Sent on 07/12/2015

Joy · event on: 05/31/2015

Jill did my make-up for my 25th wedding anniversary vow renewal. As always, she did a wonderful job. She made me look and feel so beautiful. She was so accommodating with the scheduling so that I could get everything done on our special day. She is a true professional and very gifted make up artist in addition to being a kind and lovely woman. This is the 3rd time she has done my makeup and I hope she will be around to do my make-up on our 50th!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Jill and her assistants were awesome to work with. Jill was responsive to my emails, easy to get a long with, flexible to my needs, and even did last minute hair & makeup for the flower girls. Her pricing is reasonable compared to other makeup artists.

I would definitely recommend her to all my friends! :)

Sent on 03/27/2015

Karla · Married on 03/21/2015

Loved Jill! She was professional and great to work with. We had fun chatting with her and creating my perfect wedding look.

Sent on 03/28/2015

Ruth · Married on 03/08/2015

I'm so grateful for Jill's great work in helping create my wedding look! I don't wear a lot of makeup on a normal basis, and I didn't want to look uncomfortable and not like myself on my wedding day. During the trial, Jill helped try a few looks on me (hair and makeup), and worked with some ideas I had in mind (and some looks I found on Pinterest). She gave great suggestions and helped create a look that was suitable for me and my overall look. On the day of, she arrived on time and did a great job with recreating what we had discussed during the trial--I loved it! I would highly recommend Jill if you are looking for a makeup artist or hair stylist for your wedding or event!

Sent on 04/06/2015

Lizabeth · Married on 12/27/2014

Jill did my hair and make up for my engagement photo session, bridal shower, and rehearsal dinner. She also did my make up for the day of my wedding, as well as providing services for my bridesmaids and Mother. Jill is truly talented at what she does, she is hands down the best make up artist I have ever worked with and does a fantastic job with hair as well. I know that I am a VERY picky person and so was the MOB, but Jill gets it right every time. I have always had issues with the way make up artists have done my eyebrows, but Jill did a great job for this picky bride. You can tell that Jill is very good at her craft as she is just at ease while doing her work and she really cares about making her clients happy, if you want something changed, she will gladly do it. In addition, the make up she uses lasts all day. I opted to use air brushing for all of my events, and by the end of the day the make up was still holding and still looked really good. Jill and her team are prompt, efficient and overall do a fantastic job. I cannot recommend Jill enough, she deserves 5 stars and more, if you are considering the Beauty by Jill team, please do a consultation with her, and you will not be disappointed. I will definitely use Jill in the future for any special events I have.

Sent on 01/10/2015
  • User4544488 · event on: 10/25/2014

My make up turned out exactly how I wanted it to and it lasted all night :) Definitely recommend going to her if you need your makeup done for any occasion.

Sent on 11/13/2014

Leydi · Married on 10/11/2014

Jill answered all my questions regarding the hair and makeup. My family liked the hairstyles and makeup. Price is fair and I have been using her for my hair and makeup services for few years already.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Katie · Married on 10/04/2014

Jill and her team handled hair and make-up for me, my six bridesmaids, and my mom for my wedding. I called Jill after finding her on Yelp and she was very nice and I felt comfortable with her right away. I scheduled two trails with her because I wanted to try a couple of different looks, both went very well. The trials were done at her house, which I was weary of at first, but it was a nice environment. She is very willing to listen to your input and make any changes that you request, which was SO important to me because I am very picky. I wanted a more natural look and was happy to find someone that did not insist on making me wear tons of make-up! Throughout the whole planning process she answered my questions promptly and was willing to do whatever was necessary to help me feel more comfortable and confident.

On the wedding day Jill and her team were on time and were very professional! They had everything they needed and were set up in no time. They kept on schedule so that we had extra time at the end, which was awesome. They helped make the day so stress free and relaxing, which allowed everyone (including myself) to just have fun and enjoy the moment. My bridesmaids were various ethnicities, with different hair and skin types, and different style preferences (everyone picked their own hair and make-up style). Jill and her team happily made minor adjustments throughout the day that were requested (extra curls, more blush, etc..). I was so relieved that all of the girls (including myself) were happy with the way they looked. Oh, and I would highly recommend getting the airbrush foundation. It feels so light and lasts the whole night; it is definitely worth the extra money. My main concern was that everyone felt pretty and confident, and this was definitely achieved. I was thrilled with the results and I would highly recommend Jill and her team!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Mia · event on: 09/28/2014

Jill is wonderful! She did my hair and make-up for a family photo session with my daughters. It was great! She knew how to apply make-up needed for outdoor daytime photography. My hair usually does not hold a curl well, it is very fine and straight, but she managed to get curls to stay. Thank you, Jill!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Emiko · Married on 09/28/2014

Jill, Angie & Ellie were AMAZING !! I was so picky about finding a hair and make up artist and being that I am a professional wedding coordinator I was looking for the best of the best when it came to my hair and make up, I found it when I met Jill and her crew. I searched all around and even through experiencing so many hair and make up artist in my career I wanted to make sure that on my wedding day knowing that there were many specific things I was looking for in finding the right Artist which was making sure they had airbrush make up( I knew that between the tears and the sweat because we were in palm springs in 100 degrees I was not ready to melt), being able to stay on schedule and finished in a timely matter to be able to we did not fall behind, and most importantly making sure that the make up was natural looking (I have Asian unique eyes that tend to be hard to work with)and that we were able to show her a picture of our vision and Jill and her crew were able to provide ALL THE ABOVE... We started with just hiring them for the our Ceremony date but, they did such a great job we hired them for our reception too. Jill and her crew were the BEST and so friendly and accommodating with all of our needs. Beauty by Jill was the best decision EVER!!

Sent on 10/19/2014