Beauty Boutique & The Glam Squad Reviews

Beauty Boutique & The Glam Squad 4
Beauty Boutique & The Glam Squad 5
Beauty Boutique & The Glam Squad 6
Beauty Boutique & The Glam Squad 7

Hair and makeup were really important to me. Having a wedding in Key West, I had to find a company rather than using my own from home, which was obviously a little stressful especially considering the magnitude of the event. I went with Beauty Boutique. Aubree and Olivia were both so patient and eager to please. Aubree styled my hair as well as my bridesmaids’, my mother and mother in laws’ hair, while Olivia was on makeup duty. Many of my bridesmaids had requested for touchups/style changes to their existing ones and Aubree never got flustered. She just wanted to make sure we were all happy. What else can you ask for!?

Sent on 04/24/2011

Jessica · Married on 10/16/2010

Kim and her staff will provide a fantastic pampering service for you and your bridal party! She did engagement photo and bridal makeup & hair for myself and it was fantastic. They use good quality makeup; the airbrush makeup is the best. They know how to style you so it will last in the humidity and wind of the keys. Her on site service is nice so you don't need to leave the comfort of your hotel. I highly recommend Beauty Boutique!

Sent on 09/08/2011

kimberly · Married on 10/09/2010

Kimmie and everyone at the Beauty Boutique were amazing. I did not have a hair and makeup trial done before my wedding so I was not sure what to expect when the time came to get my hair and makeup done. Well, I have to say that I was amazed when the time did come to get my hair and makeup done. Kimmie and the girls at the Beauty Boutique did my hair and makeup along with my bridal party. We all looked amazing and loved our hair and makeup. Since my wedding I have worked with Kimmie and was yet again very happy with the work that she did. Her and her team are amazing easy to work with and feel more like friends then just the people who did my hair and makeup for my wedding. They are great to work with and do an amazing job getting your vision of how you want to look not just on your wedding day, but for any event you are going to.

Sent on 11/06/2011

Claire · Married on 09/12/2009

Kim and her team were fantastic! They were super calm and flexible (especially with some last minute add-ons) and I couldn't have done it without them. The hair & makeup were FABULOUS.

Thanks gals!!!

Sent on 11/08/2011

Katherine · Married on 09/30/2006

I had my hair and air brush makeup done for my wedding. My husband and I eloped so there was no wedding party, but Kim and Candy still came to my hotel room and completely doted on me. Not only did they make me look beautiful, but they made me feel comfortable, special, and beautiful. They also were cognizant of the photographer being present and made sure he got his shots. My hair came out exactly as I asked and my makeup was even more than I could have imagined and held up on an 88 degree day. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Marissa · Married on 10/08/2018

We had strong wind and rain the majority of our wedding day and everyone's hair and makeup stayed beautiful! The air brush makeup helped everything look flawless and Talie listed to what each girl wanted. I, as the bride who booked hair and makeup, was aware that eyelashes are not included in everyone's look but when asked "are you doing lashes" by the makeup artist each girl said yes and so I was charged, as I should be, for the extra lashes. Just make sure your ladies know its not included in the makeup package unless you request for it and pay ahead. Everyone's hair was beautiful and Debbie was great with deciding on what to do with my hair given little direction by me. However, the hair schedule got way behind and two of my girls were rushed with hair- one only getting 15 minuets of time for hair prior to my ceremony starting. I know that getting behind is common so word of advice to give extra time. These ladies were fantastic, made me feel beautiful, and I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Phoebe · Married on 06/28/2014

Kim and her team did an AMAZING job for me and my bridal party (which consisted of 11 bridesmaids, 3 Jr. Bridesmaids, 2 flower girls and our 2 moms). I wish we could get ready like that every day of the week.. they made us feel like the Kardashians getting ready! We all did hair/ makeup and everyone looked flawless and loved the airbrush. My friends have been in multiple weddings and to this day are still raving about how awesome / fun it was getting ready with the glam squad. With such a big bridal party, I thought it was going to be stressful getting us all out the door on time but the BB kept everyone on schedule and even came back after pictures to touch us up before the reception. Kim kept me relaxed on my big day and re did my nails and also got me ready with a spray tan / did my hair for the rehearsal diner. Her team was overly accommodating right down to the details- when my sister chipped her gel manicure she had someone come with the color and fixed it! Coming from New York city, I was a bit skeptical about finding someone to do my hair/ makeup for my big day in Key West. Kim's team was definitely beyond my expectations and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Sharon · Married on 05/17/2013

The Glam Squad was great! They were on time, friendly, professional and great with children, older adults ...and everyone in between. The hair styles were fab (although some didn't make it through the humid, breezy day) and the make up was absolutely beautiful! Both in my hotel for a trial run and in our rental house full of people on the big day, they set up and made it comfortable and fun. Kim also answered my many questions without ever feeling like a bother. Highly recommend these talented ladies!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Ashley · Married on 05/10/2013

Absolutely loved my make up! She came to me in my hotel and made me look beautiful :) I would recommend air brush make up to any bride out there. It stayed looking beautiful all night even in the 90 degree weather and dancing.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Ashley · Married on 05/12/2012

The mobile services of Beauty Boutique & The Glam Squad are perfect for destination weddings when you don't want to travel with your rental car to visit an unfamiliar salon. They came right to the B&B where we were staying! Cecily did a fantastic job on our makeup, helping us all to feel absolutely gorgeous and perfectly transitioned from our daytime beach wedding to our evening dinner! Jamie is so talented with hair: my hair and my bridesmaids' were all different styles yet had similar elements that made them coherent! She even went the extra mile to help tame my grandma's hair, which really added to her confidence as well :) The whole booking process was simple and Kim was so friendly and helpful! I would recommend their wide array of services to anyone traveling to the Keys for their wedding, or any event!

Sent on 05/15/2012
  • Christina

Christina Dufresne · Married on 06/10/2019

June 10th christina/gregory

So far has been awesome! Coming to room day of wedding for hair and makeup!
    Been wonderful to work with thusfar

Sent on 03/12/2019

Darrien · Married on 12/31/2018

Great experience with Beauty Boutique - Penny helped me out in a pinch after my wedding was suddenly relocated, and Meg was our fabulous makeup artist! I couldn't have been happier with my overall experience with this team. I was a little worried that a trial run was not included in the package, however everything turned out great!

Sent on 12/19/2017
  • Novamills22

Jennifer · Married on 06/22/2014

I cannot adequate express how impressed I was with Kim and her amazing team of hair and makeup professionals! When they showed up EARLY at my hotel, with everything one could possibly need, I was impressed but as I watched them handle all of the wedding party so gracefully and professionally from a 5 year old to an 83 year old, I was blown away. They went over and above by painting nails for the younger girls just to keep them occupied and curled hair three times just to ensure it was perfect before we went out for the ceremony and pictures. The entire Glam Squad has incredible talent and creative ideas to make any bride and bridal party feel incredibly gorgeous on that special day.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Bettina · Married on 05/10/2014

I was recommended The Glam Squad by my wedding planner, in the Keys. My husband and I live in Ft Lauderdale so getting my hair and makeup people to Islamorada - 3 hours away and for 5 people, was overwhelming.

I was so grateful to have the The Glam Squad girls to travel to us, with everything on our wedding day- makeup, hair, lashes and total professionalism.

They were fun, efficient and I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 05/13/2014

Rachael · Married on 11/12/2016

I was very pleased with the hair and make up services provided by the Glam Squad. The ladies were able to bring all of their beauty supplies to my home in preparation for my wedding day! They were very flexible with my hair and make up as I was unable to do a trial run and had them make adjustments to both my hair and make up. The ladies were super friendly, professional, and provided quality services. I would definitely seek their services again!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Katherine · Married on 04/04/2014

3.5

The Beauty Boutique was so easy to work with and organized. i had quite a large bridal party wanting services. They came in full force and got everyone beautified on time. I didn't feel rushed or pressured to do anything I didn't want. I changed my mind at the very last minute about my hair and it was done perfectly on the spot. The Glam Squad has big time talent! I got a ton of compliments!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Cheryl · Married on 06/14/2013

The Glam squad did an outstanding job for my daughter's wedding. The hair and makeup were perfect and they had a lot of fun with the team.

Sent on 06/27/2013
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 11/05/2016

Booking vendors from afar is never easy, but the team at Beauty Boutique made it so simple. The services are priced competitively, but my main selling point was that everyone I interacted with there was so kind and friendly, and they know what they are doing! We didn't do any trials since we weren't going to be in town (which is not recommended) but the execution of makeup and hair on our wedding day was flawless and beautiful. They really did an excellent job and I'm so happy I chose them for the big day. They bring all of their supplies with them to wherever you are, which was a huge convenience, and they arrive early to allow for set up time. It's best if you have an area with natural light for the makeup artist. My only complaint was the invoice system that they partner with. I would recommend just 1 person (bride or other) paying for everything and if you are asking the girls to pay for some of all of their services individually, just have them pay you ahead of time. Breaking the invoices out by individual with that invoice system was very confusing and only complicated things. Again, would highly recommend Beauty Boutique and their team!

Sent on 11/25/2016

Beauty Boutique & The Glam Squad's reply:

Hi Kristin, thank you so much for your nice review and we are so happy that you had a great experience working with us! We apologize that the requested separate invoices caused some confusion. Our normal process is to have one invoice, so we did indeed find ourselves in uncharted territory, but one we were happy to undertake. We are sorry that this affected your experience since it was a genuine attempt to fulfill a special request, and we can assure that it is not something that will affect future brides.

Jasmine · Married on 05/13/2016

3.0

I loved Karrie who coordinated everything for my day! She was super organized and created a schedule for who was getting their hair and make up done and at what time. They come to you which is amazing! That made everything very simple and easy for us. Carrie did our make up and we all LOVED our look and she had a wonderful attitude. I think the biggest word of advice especially with these destination weddings is try to meet and do a trial run prior to the wedding. This was not in our budget so I did not do this. This would've been helpful because we did not care much for the girl doing our hair . The great thing about this company is they have lots of stylists so knowing what I know now I would go back in time and do the trial that way I could've requested someone different. At the end of the day, my bridesmaids and I were happy about our looks after touching up our hair to fit our more personal style. I would recommend this company to anyone but would HIGHLY recommend having the trial run.

Sent on 05/27/2016

The hair and make-up was amazing and it stayed all day. The shellac manicure was not as perfect. The team's timing was amazing. I was done early, which made everything more relaxing.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Corey · Married on 10/09/2011

2.0

Beauty Boutique does a great job with hair and makeup. My girls and I looked wonderful all night long, and they were super helpful in explaining each step and suggesting hairstyles for anyone who might not have come prepared.

The spray makeup was quite the experience, but my skin (and my mom's, who looked 10 years younger) never looked better.

Sent on 11/01/2011

4.2
      3.5

Beauty Boutique did a fabulous job on my makeup for my wedding day. I would highly recommend them. The only thing that I want to note is their price for airbrush is $90. The only part of my makeup that was actually airbrushed was the foundation. For regular makeup they charge $50 (I think?). Don't go in there expecting to have your entire makeup be airbrushed. But like I said, they did a fantastic job.

Sent on 07/24/2014
  • barb

barb · Married on 06/25/2012

4.2
      3.0

What we loved most was that the Glam squad comes to you; I suppose you could say they give house calls, It made things so much less stressful. We spent 3 days with the glam squad they gave the Bride and Groom a couple massage and spray tans. They did the bridal party's and bride's hair, as well as Bride's make-up, manicure, pedicure and waxing. I was also miserable with a cold but they made me look so beautiful when you see the photos no one would ever guess that I was sick at all! Beauty Boutique & The Glam Squad worked miracles.

Sent on 11/26/2012

Melissa · Married on 01/23/2016

2.5

Overall we were pleased with the Beauty Boutique. We had 40 mph winds so we all ended up doing our hair fully up. Our hair and makeup still looked fabulous by the end of the night! The communication early on was very good. In the week or two prior, the communication was not as easy. I send multiple emails and even called to confirm some changes in our schedule. I did not get a response until the day prior to my wedding, and that was in the form of a generic email. Again, everything ended up being fine. But the last thing a bride wants prior to her wedding is the stress of not having that finally confirmation.

Sent on 02/13/2016

Beauty Boutique & The Glam Squad's reply:

Hi Melissa! Thank you for the great review and feedback! I'm sorry to hear the other note however and was quite surprised to hear it - the 10 emails we exchanged just in the 30 days leading up to the wedding seemed rather upbeat as they passed back and forth on the add-ons, schedule and other details. Thank you for the feedback and we'll keep this in mind in our communication leading up to future weddings.

Nicki · Married on 12/07/2013

3.5

The Glam Squad was an excellent choice! They did hair and make-up for my mother (mother of the bride), mother of the groom, sister of the groom, my three bridemaids and me. I did not even do a trial because it was a destination wedding and I did not have time! But everything was beautiful...

Sent on 01/14/2014