Beautiful Day Bridal Salon

Beautiful Day Bridal Salon

158 S. Western Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90004 | map
Services: Bride, Bridesmaids, Father of the Bride, Father of t...
Accessories: Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Undergarments, V...

Quality of Service:
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was extremely pleased with the dress I rented from Beautiful Day. They had a wide selection of beautiful dresses including lace, tulle, original (?) designs. When I chose my dress, there was a small hole in the seam (not too surprising for a rental), but when I went for fittings, they told me that I would be wearing a brand new dress! I was okay with wearing a previously-worn rental dress, but I was pleasantly surprised to be able to wear a pristine dress for my wedding. They have a selection of sashes, veils and jewelry that you can also borrow (included in the price). I felt that it was worth the price although there may have been cheaper places if I looked harder. One thing I was disappointed about: they did not steam or press my dress, even though I asked them to. Since it was new, there was a deep crease running horizontally across my thigh.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dress was beautiful. The ladies in this shop were very helpful. They did my alterations the same day so I could take it back with me to Orlando 

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I rented 2 wedding gowns, 4 bridesmaid dresses, the groom's and groomsmen's tuxes from here for my wedding. I went to several other ktown wedding dress places before making my decision to rent here. Here are my reasons:

1. They have a great selection of NEW designer wedding gowns (when I went to return my dress they actually had a huge shipment of new 2014 gowns come in... AND new tuxes too. It seems like they are upping their game!)

2. They are very accommodating and will do everything they can to make things work (very nice ladies unlike several other ktown places. They don't push their opinion on you as much as others. But fyi part of the "pushiness" is cultural so you just have to make your needs known and not stay quiet)

3. Knowing that there has been some problems with disorganization in the past, I made sure to follow up with them. I called them to double check everything and made my concerns known (In the end, my dresses fit PERFECTLY and my bridesmaid dresses fit perfect too)

4. Price: their pricing is the best compared to every other dress place and they are willing to negotiate.

So all in all, I was extremely happy with how everything turned out and would def recommend this place. They seem really receptive to the criticism that they receive and as far as service, I felt like they really did their best!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
1.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

I rented my wedding dress here and it was beautiful. I started looking for my wedding dress and bridesmaid dress 2 months after I got engaged so I booked the dress and bridesmaid dresses fairly early. About 5 months before my wedding date, I wanted to change the bridesmaid dresses and had my bridesmaids come into the store and try them on. They agreed to change them. For a place that is the wedding business, they certainly are not very detail oriented nor do they write things down properly. When I asked them when we should come in for our fitting, they constantly tell you that nobody needs to come in until 2-3 weeks before your wedding date. I came in 3 weeks before my wedding with my bridesmaids and they had rented out my bridesmaid dresses to another girl that was getting married on the same wedding day. Since I booked the dressed 5 months ahead, I told her that I think I should get them and she said they came in for their fitting already and that she couldn't do that even though I booked the dresses first. On top of that, she recommended that I should try looking for other dresses at David's Bridal. I found out that they didn't write down that I had changed the dresses 5 months ago and I was basically getting penalized for their mistake. I will say they did rent me the new bridesmaid dresses that I picked out for free ($50 each), which was a nice gesture but you don't want to deal with this when you're this close to the wedding. Lastly, my bridesmaids had to come YET again for another fitting for the new dresses and on the day of the wedding, one of my bridesmaid's dress was not altered correctly and she had to go in on the day of my wedding to get it fixed. Unfortunately, they couldn't fix it but luckily, the tube dress had a thin string to make it into a halter so it wouldn't fall off her during my wedding. It was a horrible experience and I would rather pay a premium than go through this again.

• Wedding: 03/16/2013
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was skeptical at first going to Koreatown to get my wedding dress. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Beautiful Day had all brand names and I found a St. Patrick dress (part of the pronovias line) that after shopping around was the best price! Part of the reason it was the best price is they do alterations right there and don't overcharge you like most places do. I trusted them to redo the neckline of the dress and make it a deeper sweetheart that came out amazing! I also asked to borrow a veil for the big day and it was not a problem which can save you some money. I returned it a couple days after the wedding! Joey was patient and even helped alter my mom's dress! They were a pleasure to work with and made the dress buying experience much more enjoyable!

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After getting the runaround and getting frustrated from Bella Wedding, I discovered this shop by looking on-line. I am happy to say that my entire process with working with this vendor was excellent from the initial meeting, to ordering the dress, making payment, dress fitting and final dress fitting, pick -up and drop off of dresses.

My weight fluctuated a lot during this wedding and they were able to alter my dress even three days before my wedding date. Dress was made to fit like a glove and they added padding to the dress so I could wear it braless. I paid a little more and was able to rent a brand new dress and got a second dress from them as well for a small fee to help cover their alteration and dry cleaning expense.

I would not go anywhere else because their customer service is supreme; they keep their word and do not change up prices which were my experience at Bella. Although I did not use their wedding jewelry and hair pieces, they do offer those for free if you rent or buy your dress from them.

This shop is a hidden gem in Ktown! They have many, many beautiful dresses!

• Wedding: 08/25/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Found the dress of my dreams. I got do many compliments on it. They were so awesome that I even drove back from San Diego to have it altered with them.

• Wedding: 08/11/2012
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I purchased my wedding gown from this salon. The main reason I went there was because their gown prices are excellent compared to other salons I had previously gone to. The ladies are of Asian descent and have a heavy accent but their English is understandable. However, their professionalism needs some work! I was not happy when I came in for my 2nd fitting and my dress had not been altered or worked on at all after 2mo. of waiting for it. I drove 1 1/2 hrs. to get there and as you can imagine I was a bit upset. Instead of them calling me to remind me of my appointment like most places do, I was the one calling them a week in advance to make sure they were working on my dress. In the end they delivered, my dress was beautiful and they did an exceptional job at altering my dress!

• Wedding: 03/09/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I bought my dress here & while they have a great selection, I was NOT informed that we could rent anything (until after I had purchased a dress). Granted, the dress we got was significantly less expensive (for the same style & brand), than other dress stores I went to, so I was ultimately still very pleased. The alterations were really quick! The turnaround time for me was like 5 days!

3.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Beautiful Day is an inconspicuous little bridal boutique located on the second floor of a flower shop in Korea Town. The shop itself seems a bit old and isn't the most glamorous or done-up storefront, but they have a great selection of dresses and is a treasure trove of great deals.

I found my classic and romantic lace wedding gown that had intricate detail and beading with a vintage flair after trying on nearly a dozen other dresses. My rental included alterations, jewelry, accessories (hair pin, broaches, corset, etc.), and veil. I even found an adorable pin-on bow to accent the back of my dress! They had a great selection of veils, though their hair accessories and jewelry selections were a little disappointing. Their jewelry generally looked cheap and generic so I chose not to use them and also a few of their hair pieces were missing rhinestones and looked like they should be retired.

The owner Joy is really nice and accommodating, but the other seamstresses and assistants in the shop all speak very little English. I did feel that language was a bit of a barrier in communicating what I wanted during the whole process, but in the end, with a little patience and persistence everything was great.

The quality of the alterations and tailoring could also be improved. My dress was perfectly fitted after alterations, however the bustle was too delicately designed and either broke off during the course of the wedding day or just became completely lost in the lace. Either way, my bridesmaids and wedding coordinators spent a good 20 minutes intensely searching for that one missing bustle loop before the reception...we never were able to find it so we ended up having to pin that portion of the dress train.

Also, a few of my bridesmaid dresses that were altered had lining from underneath the dress that was not adjusted correctly so it actually peaked out from under the hem of the gown...not pretty! Everything was fixed during the final fitting but they could have definitely used more attention to detail and quality in the workmanship and tailoring of the dresses.

Overall if you have a little patience (or speak fluent Korean) and are looking for a beautiful wedding gown on a budget, Beautiful Day Bridal Salon is a great choice.

• Wedding: 09/03/2011
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Beautiful Day has a very large selection of dresses of all different styles and prices. And their prices are great! I needed a dress in 3 months, and had problems with the timeframe at other bridal salons. However, I found a non-strapless that I really liked, the price was fantastic, and I was able to buy the sample model and have it altered. They did a fantastic job on the alterations. I didn't realize until my wedding day what a great job they did. I think language can be a barrier with one of the seamstresses, but Joy (owner?) is really nice, helpful and easy to work with.

• Wedding: 04/16/2011
3.9/5.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

I found my "IT" dress at a different bridal boutique but they were selling it for way beyond my budget. I then walked in to Beautiiful Day and saw the same dress for rent for a fraction of the cost! Rentals include dress, alterations, jewelry, hairpiece and veil. And they were amazing with the alterations. They turned a size 8 into a size 0! And the dress fit like it was mine! The one thing that did make me stress was that they make the alterations very close to the actual wedding date. I did my first fitting 3 weeks before the big day which made me feel a little uncomfortable. But again, the alterations were perfect!

• Wedding: 11/13/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I tried on over 25 dresses at bridal boutiques all over los angeles. I decided to buy my dress here for a few reasons, 1) they were willing to bargain, the others I went to, were willing to bargain, but it was nothing close to the deal we got here. 2) the customer service was great, they answered our questions regarding alterations, and when I was confused with what dress to try on, they made suggestions to what might look nice with my body type and face shape. The dress I ended up buying was by far the most the beautiful of all the dresses I tried, and it was the one suggested by the person helping us. 3) the veil, jewelry, tiarra, hairpiece..all the accessories..were free to rent if you buy your wedding dress from them..cant beat that deal. In the end, the alterations, and dress I was more than happy with.

• Wedding: 11/07/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Joy helped me pick out my perfect wedding dress. Alterations were a snap and they have a lot of beautiful dresses to choose from.

After I had already ordered my dress with them, I decided to browse yelp to read some reviews just out of curiosity. There seemed to be a lot of new and mixed reviews, which made me a little worried. But during our fitting, everything worked out just fine and I was set at ease once everything was all said and done. The dress was not fitted the way I wanted and after waiting in the salon for 2 hours (we didn't want to come back another day to pick it up), they finally fixed it just the way I wanted. a little stressful, but it all worked out.

I also referred a friend of mine to this salon and she was very happy with her results as well.

3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

They have the perfect wedding dress. I actually ended up using 4 wedding dress at a great cost.

• Wedding: 09/18/2010
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This was the second bridal salon I went to when looking for my wedding dress. I was originally looking for something sheath and lace, but then I saw this strapless dress on display and my friends told me I had to try it on. When I put it on, instantly I knew this was the one. My friends and I were shrieking like little girls…which may have affected the “bargaining” aspect of ordering the dress. Joy was the one who helped us and apparently she replicated the dress from a picture in a magazine. She said she would make the same dress for me from scratch and even include a veil for a very reasonable price. The dress was done right on time and fit like a glove come wedding day. =)

• Wedding: 08/28/2010
213-386-1900
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire