Beautiful Brides by Vesta Reviews

Beautiful Brides by Vesta 4
Beautiful Brides by Vesta 5
Beautiful Brides by Vesta 6
Beautiful Brides by Vesta 7

I'm a wedding photographer who has worked with Vesta multiple times and I couldn't recommend a makeup artist more! She is not only great at her job, with skills in both normal make-up application and air-brushing, but she's also incredibly kind, warm and will make everyone in your wedding party feel beautiful regardless of how she styles you! In particular, she understands how to apply make-up in a way that looks beautiful both in person and on camera - so you don't only look great the day of but in your photos to look back at for years to come. 5 Stars isn't enough!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/26/2015

Vesta is amazing. She did my wedding makeup, and the makeup and hair of my bridal party. When people at work saw my wedding photos, the most common response was, "THAT'S YOU?!" and I know that Vesta is the reason for this.

Vesta gave us so much of her time. My sister joined me for my makeup trial, and started mentioning her hair visions for the wedding, she did an impromptu hair trial as well. She gave us ideas of how to make the hair even better by adding fresh flowers. Vesta listened to everything I asked for, and she did my makeup perfectly so that it would last through the night. Her flexibility shone through when a few of my bridesmaids decided at the last minute they also wanted their makeup done, and one decided that day that she wanted it done. I couldn't be more grateful for Vesta, and I highly recommend her for your event.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Beautiful Brides by Vesta's reply:

Thank you dear Jessica for giving me the honor to be part your magnificent day. You and all the ladies look beyond beautiful and I was so happy that you gave me the opportunity to enhance your beauty with my makeup application. Wish you and your husband a beautiful life together with lots of happiness. Please stay in touch!

Jessica · Married on 06/21/2015

Vesta was so great to work with... I was handling so much stress running up to the wedding, and I so appreciated Vesta's immediate and friendly communication. Her trial was wonderful in her beautiful Brooklyn loft, and she tried several looks with me until I found exactly what I was looking for. On the day of the event, she managed a challenging timeframe, arriving right on time and taking me from tired & stressed to beautiful and glamorous. I wasn't 100% sure about making the cost of a makeup artist fit into my very tight budget, but when the day rolled around I was SO glad I hired Vesta. She made me look amazing, and she was fun to work with. My makeup lasted from early morning through a flight that night! I couldn't recommend her more... she's great!!

Sent on 07/21/2015
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/13/2015

I can't say enough amazing things about Vesta! She did such an amazing job on our hair and makeup for my wedding, and she's so sweet to work with, too! Her price also can't be beat for the quality of work that she does, and is one of the few people who doesn't charge crazy prices just because of the word "wedding." I wanted something kind of funky, but I knew that my bridesmaids would want standard hair and makeup, and she was able to do it all. She was really accommodating when I asked for a second trial to tweak some things and do more experimenting with my look before the big day. Her passion for her work shows, and she really listens to what you want, but also has a great creative eye for helping you figure out what would work best. If I had to give 1 critique, it would be that we ran over in time a bit. We had plenty of time in our schedule so it didn't affect timing of other things much, so just make sure the day of schedule isn't too strict. I would highly recommend Vesta, not just for the amazing work that she does, but she's a wonderful, sweet person to have by your side the day of.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Meghan · Married on 06/06/2015

Vesta was a joy to work with for my wedding on June 6th, 2015. We met her for a trial a few months in advance and she not only gave us so much time, but also tried out several different hair options for me. She took professional photos to make sure I was comfortable with my look before signing a contract. On the day of the wedding she did a beautiful job with hair and make-up for 7 people! Everyone looked gorgeous the whole day. Many compliments from friends and family. It was a pleasure to work with someone who takes so much pride in what she does and is a true artist. I highly recommend Vesta!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Beautiful Brides by Vesta's reply:

You and your whole party were such a delight to work with. I absolutely had a wonderful experience and so grateful for having me to be part of your day. you looked so beautiful and classy and I was so proud working on such a beautiful face. Wish you all the happiness!!

Allison · Married on 04/25/2015

Vesta provided hair and makeup for me on my wedding day in New Jersey. I could not have been more pleased with the results!!! She did an absolutely amazing job with my makeup. She had great ideas for my hair and I was thrilled with the outcome! Her and her assistant did hair and makeup for our entire bridal party, including our moms and hair for the flower girls. They were very well organized and kept everyone calm and cheery the whole morning. Vesta's communication leading up to the wedding was fantastic and then trial was a blast! She takes photos of all her work (which are also fabulous) which I found so helpful during the trial. Vesta works tirelessly to achieve just what you had in mind. We got so many compliments on the hair and makeup (mine and all the ladies) throughout the day and after the wedding from guests and the other ladies in the bridal party. I highly recommend Vesta!

Sent on 05/22/2015

Ashley · Married on 03/27/2015

Vesta is a warm soul who is incredibly good at what she does. We used pictures I liked to figure out the style I wanted for my wedding and she was very open to what I was looking for. Her make up is great quality and the airbrush lasted all night long and I looked perfect for my day. She's also such a positive and calm presence it's really nice to have her while you've got the wedding nerves, she puts you at ease. I was so happy I used her services, hire her!!!!

Sent on 04/28/2015

Beautiful Brides by Vesta's reply:

Dear Ashley, Thank you for having me to be part of your day and make you even more beautiful. Your beautiful face and grace brought so much smile on everyone's face on your wedding day. I am glad that you chose me to share those great moments while you were getting ready. Please stay in touch and wish you and your husband a happy and wonderful life together.

Jaclyn · Married on 10/12/2014

Vesta helped me achieve my vintage wedding look. She was collaborative, punctual and genuinely a delight to be around. Her years of experience created the look I dreamed of. I would hire her again in a heartbeat; And if I ever have another event to go to, I will.

Sent on 10/18/2014

Beautiful Brides by Vesta's reply:

It was such a pleasure being part of your day, dear Jacky! You looked so stunning and I was so happy to create the vintage hair and makeup style which matched you so perfectly. Wish all the best in your marriage and hope we stay in touch.

Kristen · Married on 09/20/2014

Vesta was amazing to work with. She did hair and makeup for five people (without any help!) and everyone loved how it came out. I even changed how I wanted my hair done since the trial, and she rolled with it and I couldn't have been happier with how everything came out. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Sally · Married on 09/12/2014

I hired Vesta to do my hair and makeup for my wedding. I'm very pleased with the experience and would definitely recommend her. She listened to what I wanted and gave me lovely hair/makeup. But more than that she was just a lovely person to work with. She was easy to talk to and put me at ease.
    Communications were great; I sent her photos of hair/makeup I liked and we talked over that. A few weeks before the wedding we did a trial run at her gorgeous apartment. The trial run lasted a good four hours - Vesta didn't rush it at any point, even trying out two different "up-do" hairstyles on me until we were happy. She listened to what I wanted and responded.
    On the wedding day itself I was running a little late and was stressed out but Vesta's calming personality helped ease me a little. She again did great hair and makeup (I still had all my eye makeup on largely intact the next morning - I know it's bad that I didn't take it off, but it shows it was long lasting!). She also helped secure my headpiece. Both on the day and at the trial she also took nice photos that she shared with me.
    She's 100% competent as a hair/makeup artist but she also adds that little extra in that she's calming, makes you feel relaxed, and says very sweet things. Recommended.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Arapana · Married on 07/26/2014

Thank you so much for making me feel like a beautiful bride on my special day!
    You made all of the women in my bridal party look so stunning as well.
    I will absolutely be recommending you to my friends and family with upcoming weddings/events.

Sent on 05/13/2015

Beautiful Brides by Vesta's reply:

My pleasure dear Arapana!!Thank you for choosing me to be part of your day. I absolutely cherish those memories of you getting ready for your big day. You looked stunning ,so did your bridesmaids And mother and of course your sister. Please stay in touch!!

Virginia · Married on 06/28/2014

Wow! I hired Vesta to do my hair and makeup for my wedding. I met with her a few weeks prior to the wedding to do a trial. I needed advice on what to do with my hair and told Vesta how I don't normally wear a lot of makeup. She listened to my concerns, and made some great suggestions about how best to get a loose updo and make up that would enhance my features, not overwhelm them. I was so happy with the trial that I booked her to do my bridesmaids' hair and make up on the day of the wedding as well. She was punctual, did a great job on all of us and her rates were so reasonable. I was so glad to have her come to the bridal changing room to do the hair and makeup, it was so much better than going to a salon. My bridesmaids and I were all so happy that both our hair and makeup stayed put throughout the night!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Beautiful Brides by Vesta's reply:

Virginia, your natural beauty, your sense of style and class are beyond admiration. I will never forget your special day carried with so much beauty. Styling you in the old castle surrounded by greens, mountains and lake and your loved ones was like a magical dream. You beauty radiated love and happiness. Thank you for having me to be part of it.

Nyasha · Married on 06/21/2014

I must say from the moment I came across her page and website I had a STRONG feeling that Vesta would be my wedding day make up artist. I reached out blindly and received a response from her via Thumbtack. I gave her a call and her energy on the phone is what sold me. Her warm and happy nature was exactly what I needed for the big day. I decided to visit her for a make up trial and I was happy to have received such a warm reception, she asked questions on what I liked and didn't like made adjustments accordingly. I loved the look on that makeup trial day and knew it would be great on the wedding day. My actual wedding day make up was beyond amazing and the make trial did not stand a chance. She took her time and the attention to detail was amazing. I was looking for a Smokey eye, red lipped look and she gave me exactly that! Again that warm energy and spirit put me at ease and made the morning time getting ready part so much easier. I would definitely recommend Vesta Goodarz, she is an amazing talented artist as well as a sweet person.

Happy Bride June 21, 2014

Sent on 08/01/2014

Beautiful Brides by Vesta's reply:

Hi Nyasha, Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be part of your day. You looked so beautiful and I am happy I could bring out all those beautiful features with my makeup. You wedding was in such a special setting and loved the fact I did your makeup in the terrace with all the trees and chirping birds. Couldn't get any better than that.

Lynn · Married on 06/20/2014

Vesta was an absolute delight to work with, she accommodated arriving at our hotel nice and early so there were no last minute panics on our wedding day. She made me feel and look utterly fabulous, and I felt like a princess on my wedding day. Vesta is so very friendly, professional, knowledgeable and entertaining, she certainly made me feel at ease and helped in every way she could on my wedding day, I would have no reservations at all in recommending her to anyone. Thank you so very much Vesta

Sent on 07/01/2014

Beautiful Brides by Vesta's reply:

Thank you dear Lynn for having me to be part of your big day....It was such a pleasure meeting you and thank you again for giving me and Michael my assistant the opportunity. Wish you and your husband all the best in the years to come. You indeed looked so beautiful and can't wait to see the pictures.

Elissa · Married on 04/12/2014

Vesta was an absolute pleasure to work--both professional and pleasant from start to finish. She was prompt with her email replies (and for her house call on the big day), and worked effortlessly to ensure that I had the look I was going for for both my hair and makeup. Even though I didn't do a trial with her, I was so so pleased with her work; my hair and makeup was perfect all day long and I received so many compliments throughout the day. As a bonus, she was so much fun to chat with during her morning visit--lighthearted, educated, and filled with interesting stories--she helped ensure the morning of my wedding was calm and enjoyable ;-) Best of all, her prices can't be beat!

Sent on 04/27/2014

Beautiful Brides by Vesta's reply:

You were a wonderful and absolutely a beautiful person and you looked so amazing on your big day. It was truly a pleasure working with you and wish you and your husband all the best in your marriage . Please stay in touch....

Sarah · Married on 01/25/2014

Vesta couldn't have been better with the beautiful makeup and hair she provided for me, my bridal party and family members at my January wedding. Every single person looked gorgeous and each one of us got compliments all night long. She is very organized, timely, and has fair prices. Her assistant was exactly the same with her work ethic and talent. Vesta's experience and expertise were invaluable to the perfection of our wedding day. I would recommend her to absolutely anyone who wants to look incredibly gorgeous and romantic on their wedding day. Lovely work vesta! xoxo

Sent on 01/25/2014

Beautiful Brides by Vesta's reply:

Thank you Sara. I was so happy to be part of your magical day. I love your grace and beauty. Will send you some pictures soon. Please stay in touch......and best of wishes to you and your husband for your forever life together.

veronica · Married on 10/19/2013

Vesta is fantastic. On my wedding day, she was on time, was very professional and did an excellent job with my makeup. My makeup, as well as my sister and mom's looked gorgeous and perfect throughout the day! I'd work with Vesta again in a second.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Dear Veronica,
    You absolutely looked amazing as if you just came out of a magazine. I was so blessed to be part of your day. Thank you!

Vesta was a joy to work with, she made me and my bridesmaids look GORGEOUS on my wedding day. Each of my girls had a different complexion and she brought out each of their beauty.

She was so flexible, during my trial we did something completely different than what she did on the day of and I was so happy with the results.

She is so sweet to work with and a very good value.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Beautiful Brides by Vesta's reply:

Thank you dear for giving me the opportunity to be part of your very special day. It was beautiful to see you and your party looked so amazing. I will never forget the moments of your joy when you and your maid of honor were singing together to get ready for one of the biggest moment of your life.
    Wish all the glory and happiness for you and your husband in your marriage and the years to come.
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/14/2013

My bridesmaid hired Vesta to do our makeup as a gift. All of us absolutely adore her. She is so likeable, patient, and of course talented. Not only are you getting a makeup artist, but you’re also getting a professional photographer. I did two trials with her because I wanted to see my makeup in a dramatic and natural look. So it was very helpful that she took fantastic pictures for me to compare which would be the best choice. I also appreciated her skill in applying makeup for women of all colors. I had girls of every shade in my wedding and Velma’s palette was prepared for us. Whether our skin was that of Tilda Swinton or Grace Jones, she had the foundation and she matched our tones perfectly. I had an Indian inspired wedding and she did a Bollywood look for my bridesmaids. They looked stunning. And the best part about hiring Vesta……her low rates! I’ll be surprised if you find someone as talented as she is who is willing to travel to you for what she charges. She’s very affordable and you’ll be getting so much in return. What New Yorker can’t appreciate that? I highly recommend her for your special day. Thank you Vesta!

Sent on 02/26/2014

Beautiful Brides by Vesta's reply:

I am so lucky that I was part of Amanda's big day. She is naturally so beautiful and on her wedding day she had the most radiant glow. She is the bride with style and her bridesmaids were so much fun and beautiful. I will never forget your day Amanda.....much love

Emily · Married on 08/25/2013

Vesta and her assistant, Candace, executed the make-up and hair for me and my bridal party in August. We started very early (5am with 5 girls) and they were on time and we finished with time to spare. She was happy to work with us on anything we wanted, and was very tranquil yet punctual when executing her work. I would work with her again in a heart-beat and will use her in the future when I need help with make-up/hair for my headshots. Her prices are the best around for the product that she produces. She's the best!!

Sent on 09/02/2013

Alafia · Married on 08/23/2013

Vesta did the most wonderful hair and makeup for my wedding events. She is super talented and and very professional! I loved everything (including my mom's hair and make-up) and received so many compliments from family friends and other guests.

Sent on 09/14/2013

Kanika · Married on 06/23/2013

I have worked with Vesta on many occasions for my television shoots (she's a pro with HD make-up!) and hosting events and I'm happy to say that she's much more than a make-up artist to me, she's a dear friend. She is always punctual, incredibly skilled in her craft, and mindful of each individual's personal style. She made me look like a princess on my wedding day, which was a colorful Indian affair. Instead of the typical up-do, she left my hair natural with soft curls and a veil on top. I got compliments galore since no one had seen an Indian bride look like that. She stayed with me the entire day for my two outfit changes which reflected both traditional and contemporary looks. Vesta is the ONLY person I trust when it comes to make-up/hair because she delivers exactly what I envision and helps bring out my natural beauty. I highly recommend her. A++

Sent on 02/25/2014

Beautiful Brides by Vesta's reply:

I was so blessed and thankful to Kanika who gave me the opportunity to work with her on her big special day. She is graceful and so caring for everyone who works with her and an absolute beauty inside out. I hope we work together on many occasion and I truly wish all the best with her marriage and family.

Deborah · Married on 05/25/2013

Vesta was wonderful to work with. She was very responsive and reasonably priced. She did my hair and makeup as well as my daughter's makeup. She made us look fantastic! Our makeup looked so natural and we got lots of complements! Our makeup lasted the entire day, even through rainy weather. I would recommend her to all. Thank you Vesta!

Sent on 06/09/2013

Simone · Married on 04/13/2013

Vesta is the best make up artist i've ever encountered. My trial make up session was awesome to say the least and was done on the day of my bridal shower. My guests were in awe of how beautiful I looked. Furthermore, on the day of my wedding Vesta travelled to my home and did a phenomenal job on my mother, one of my bridesmaids, and of course myself. All of my wedding pictures were flawless and it is in large part due to Vesta's brilliance as it relates to her craft. I would not hesitate to use her again in the very near future..

Sent on 04/26/2013

Melissa · Married on 02/17/2013

Vesta is absolutely amazing at what she does! I traveled from Canada to get married in NYC. I was able to book short notice with Vesta. She was/is extremely accomodating and professional. I would recommend her to anyone. She delivered exactly what i had envisioned myself looking like on my wedding day!!! Book with Vesta, and you will not be disappointed!!
    Thank You Vesta!!