Beat Train Productions Reviews

Beat Train Productions 3
Beat Train Productions 4
Beat Train Productions 5

Katrina · Married on 09/02/2017

Beat Train was awesome and easy to work with but DJ Sam Turner was the STAR. He turned our wedding into the best party of our lives. We did not live close so he skyped with us multiple times prior to the event, even a few days before to calm my nerves. He executed our vision perfectly even with our very "to the second" song edits. My husband's brothers sang their toast and Sam worked with them just the day before to make sure everything was right. Our reception was a dance party from start to finish! If you are looking for someone to do exactly what you ask, Sam is it. And if you are looking for someone to take your ideas and run with them? Sam is definitely your man.

Sent on 09/18/2017
  • Z

Zach · Married on 09/02/2017

DJ Spencer Henderson was perfect for our wedding. He was professional, engaging, fun, kept the dance floor full, and most importantly, listened exactly to what we wanted for our big day. He was very responsive, helpful, and thorough in the lead up to the wedding. Day of the wedding he was genuinely happy to be there to celebrate with us and made sure everything went according to plan. Everyone who interacted with him from our families, friends and other vendors had nothing but great things to say about him. If you are looking for a DJ who is not all over the mic, but is truly there to make your event as fun and "about you" as possible, we highly recommend DJ Spencer from Boston Beat Train Productions! Thanks, Spencer!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Lindsay · Married on 09/02/2017

The whole process with Beat Train Productions becoming our dj for our wedding went as smoothly as we could have asked for. Initially, we weren’t sure which dj to use (because they all seem so talented!), but after listening online and speaking on the phone with 2 of them, we ended up going with Joel. Joel was great every step of the way – clear in answering our questions, responsive to e-mails, etc. DAY OF: He was fantastic – we had so many compliments from our guests. Our guests ranged from friends/cousins in their 20’s & 30’s to 90 year old relatives, and Joel was able to keep everyone in the room on their feet and dancing to all genres of music. His song selection was on point, and everyone seemed to be having so much fun throughout the night. He was excellent, overall, couldn’t have been better!

Sent on 09/23/2017

Drew · Married on 08/26/2017

We had DJ Sam Turner for our wedding, where do I begin, he crushed it on every level. I told my wife that one of the things that mattered to me most was the music, I am so critical of the music at weddings (band and DJ) as I think it can make or break it. I looked through a ton of reviews and websites and ultimately settled on Beat Train for their great reviews and I loved the ability to listen to sample music from each of the DJs. I quickly picked Sam realizing he had a lot of my styles of pop, club but also some classics and his mixes and transitions were great. We met before the big day and he tried to get a feel for what we liked. This is where Sam came up big because I am not very good at describing what I like or wanted to say the least. I gave him some form of the following - "I like the popular stuff, I love EDM but don't make it like a club, I'm a Billy Joel guy but don't turn this into a sing along scene, and oh the 90's are cool too!". That was basically all he had to go on and he absolutely nailed it. We had an extra long reception, and I told him to have normal music for everyone until 11 and then we would transition for the next 1.5 hrs to more of a younger pop/club feel. He absolutely nailed it - he had all family members and friends up dancing for the first few hours and then seamlessly transitioned after 11 to a massive dance party with all my friends. All of my friends were remarking of the many weddings they had gone too recently, this was the one that they danced the most at. I had such high expectations and Sam over-delivered. I couldn't recommend him and Beat Train more.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Carly · Married on 08/19/2017

I cannot adequately describe how wonderful Nick was as our DJ. I've hired him 4 times before for other events, so I knew he was going to be amazing, but since this was a totally different crowd and was an event that really mattered to me, his support was even more important. We had all ages at our wedding, and they were on the dance floor THE ENTIRE TIME. Not to mention Nick is consistently there early, offers to help wherever he can, and is completely professional and knowledgeable about what he's doing. I even had people come up to me during the ceremony asking me "WHO IS THIS DJ?!?" and wondering if they could fly him to CO for their own wedding. I cannot recommend Nick enough. He's a delightful person and a pleasure to work with. Thank you, Nick, for helping to make Saturday by far the best night of our lives!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Kimberly · Married on 08/19/2017

We could not recommend DJ Jake from Beat train productions more!

I'm someone who did A LOT of research when it came to finding vendors for our wedding, but I was finding it difficult to research DJ's since most of what you have to go off is just reviews (you can't take a picture of what a DJ has to offer)! From the very first conversation I had with DJ Jake, I was sold! He was professional, experienced, and most importantly he was able to glean the kind of atmosphere we were going for from the random song and artist choices we were able to give him! And he was able to offer excellent suggestions for things we couldn't decide on. He moved seamlessly from the different moods we had wanted for the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, through dinner, and on to dancing! He had the dance floor packed from the very beginning until the very end of the night with guests of all ages! After the last song, the crowd was having so much fun that they were begging him to go on and decided to start singing their own song just to keep it going haha! The announcements he made for us were perfect and concise which was just what we were hoping for as well! We truly can't thank DJ Jake enough for providing the soundtrack for our perfect day.

Beat Train Productions 6
    Sent on 11/13/2017

Matthew · Married on 08/07/2017

Dj Sam was perfect for our wedding. He was prompt, flexible and really got the party dancing. We would recommend him 100% to anyone planning their wedding. He's a really nice guy too!

Sent on 12/16/2017

Chelsea · Married on 08/05/2017

Tim Ahler was simply amazing to work with!!! My husband and I met up with him before the wedding at a coffee shop to go over the types of music we would want from start to finish. He really listened to what we wanted, but used his expertise to put together the perfect selection. I told him that my main goal was to make sure people were always dancing at the reception, and he really made it happen. Guests who I never thought I would see dance in my life were up moving the entire night! Everyone had a blast, which made the night absolutely perfect.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Thien · Married on 08/05/2017

Beat Train was a breeze to work with and made booking simple. Picking Spencer was easy after listening to his samples, especially his awesome mashup mixes, and geeking out with him on the introductory call as we have similar tastes. One of the great things about Spencer is that he can separate mixing for personal appeal or mashup night at The Good Life and playing a set for a wedding with a diverse crowd. This was evident when I took a moment to switch from a jacket to a vest and came back outside to nearly everyone on the dance floor from our younger friends to aunts and uncles.

Throughout the process, over emails and in-person, Spencer gave us professional advice while maintaining our tastes from the big list of artists we put down in the questionnaire he sent out. Spencer spent the time to listen to each artist and found the tracks that would fit a wedding -- woohoo Tom Waits and Beats Antique! He actually cares about the lyrics and emotions of a song fitting the event. The day of wedding forecast fluctuated between downpour and sun so we were not sure if ceremony would be outside or under the tent. Spencer made us feel at ease in being able to be flexible and prepared for any situation. You will get professional minimalist transitions without cheesy lines and help moving between toasts and event during the wedding to keep on time. He is a DJ that understands how people change in energy and focus throughout the night, so he is actually there reading the crowd, changing between songs of different tempos to give people a break and regroup for more high energy music later.

After it all, we got the saved playlist from him so that we could listen to it again, because for us as a couple, the music was a big part of our special day as much as the food and photographs.

Sent on 01/07/2018

Tara · Married on 07/29/2017

Words can't even begin to describe what an amazing job Ari did. From our first meeting with Ari, he made us feel comfortable and trust that he would do everything possible to make our wedding special. He was super accommodating with toss outs/announcements and his attention to detail was amazing. My husband and I have an eclectic taste in music, and Ari did an incredible job incorporating everything. Our wedding was a nonstop dance party. We also hired the photobooth which was a fantastic addition! Our guests had tons of fun in the booth and we have a great collection of gifs and photos to remember the zany parts of our wedding. Overall an amazing DJ company and Ari rocked it.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks Tara, it was a pleasure being a part of such an amazing day!!!
    -Ari

Nora · Married on 07/29/2017

We hired Beat Train Productions and Greg Lanzillotta to DJ our wedding this past July at Shining Tides in Mattapoisett, MA. We cannot say enough good things about working with this company and Greg! After a previously disastrous interaction with a DJ that we almost hired, we felt extremely lucky to have found Beat Train. From the very beginning, Beat Train was professional, communicative and thorough. They put us directly in touch with our DJ, Greg, who was always prompt and helpful in answering our questions. We met with Greg in person about 2 months before the wedding to go over everything. Greg was so personable and easy to get along with. He went above and beyond to meet our requests and work with our ceremony musicians to ensure that everything went smoothly. On the day of our wedding, Greg was the perfect emcee- classy and not at all invasive to the overall “feel” of the day. Greg was amazing at reading the crowd (we had quite the diverse bunch!) and our dance floor was packed all night long. Our guests are still raving about what a great job Greg did! We would HIGHLY recommend working with Beat Train and Greg Lanzillotta!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Darlene · Married on 07/22/2017

Joe Lopez was awesome! We had a call with him leading up to the wedding to discuss music. He was very easy to work with. Very professional, on-time, well dressed. I can't tell you how many guests came up to us about how good the music was at our wedding. We wanted a ridiculously fun party and Joe got us there! It was awesome to have a packed dance floor all night!

Sent on 08/03/2017
  • BookcaseHat

Emily · Married on 07/22/2017

Elissa at Beat Train was the best!! She was great to work with, we had several phone conversations leading up to the wedding so she could really get a sense of our musical taste, and she nailed it! The dance floor was packed all night and she did a phenomenal job. Hire Elissa!!!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks so much, Emily! Loved working with you guys :)

Katie · Married on 07/22/2017

Sam Turner was our wedding DJ, and we cannot say enough about how amazing he was to work with and how much fun we and all our guests had on the dance floor! It was nearly 100 degrees outside and the whole dance floor was absolutely PACKED. He met with us several times by phone (because we could not meet him in person due to living in another state) to ensure he had a great sense of what we wanted and more than met our expectations. Also, he was just a kind and warm person. Beat train was also really responsive and accommodating as a company. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Jasmine · Married on 07/21/2017

We had DJ Sam Turner as our DJ and wedding emcee for our wedding. He was awesome and kept the crowd dancing during our reception. We met with him before the wedding and he was clearly on the same page with us with the vibe we wanted for our wedding and totally executed. On the day-of, he adjusted his playlist accordingly based on last-minute timeline changes and had the wedding run smoothly with his cues and announcements. We highly recommend him!!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Derrick · Married on 07/08/2017

Our experience with Beat Train Productions was excellent! Jeff Gilbride was the DJ for our wedding and he was amazing! Before the big day, our communication with him was seamless and he was very open to all of our requests. On the day of the event, everything went very smoothly and narration was perfect. The music that he played was exactly what we were hoping for with awesome transitions. The dance floor was completely packed the entire night; largely due to his efforts! If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding (or any other event I would guess) look no further than Beat Train and Jeff Gilbride!!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Dana · Married on 07/07/2017

Our DJ, Jeff Gilbride, was fantastic! The music he played for us was the perfect blend of styles, from soul and funk to pop to wedding classics. Our guests commented on how creatively and seamlessly he wove songs together, bringing dancers of all ages onto the dance floor and creating a club-like atmosphere. When we started searching for a DJ, my fiance (now husband, yay!) said he didn't want a "cheesy" DJ. And Jeff was definitely the antithesis of cheese. He communicated clearly with us during the months leading up to the wedding, was obviously eager to be sure he understood our vision, and executed that vision perfectly on the day of the event. I especially appreciated that, although Jeff did play all of the songs on our wish list, he also added music that complemented our choices.

It rained on our wedding day, and we'd planned to have our event outside. Despite this potentially chaotic situation, Jeff was flexible, willing, and understanding. Our timeline shifted as we adjusted to having to take photos indoors and push back our ceremony - Jeff was cool with all of it. He was clearly committed to giving us a fun evening and it was an absolute success! I would definitely recommend Jeff and Beat Train to anyone looking for an outstanding music experience.

Sent on 07/11/2017

Chelsea · Married on 07/01/2017

We worked with DJ Jeff Durand from Beat Train Productions and were blown away by his music and professionalism at the wedding. He did an amazing job seamlessly transitioning songs and keeping everyone on the dance floor. We have been getting so many compliments from guests about how great the DJ was, we had people on the dance floor that said "they never dance at weddings". We also used Jeff for uplighting, he used wireless lights from his personal collection and the lights were able to time up with the music perfectly, which added a great vibe to the dance floor.

We also used Beat Train for their Photo Booth. This was a great hit, there were fun props and we received all the photos digitally within a week. It was great having everything through one vendor and helped save costs.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Jennifer · Married on 07/01/2017

Our DJ was Jake - he was professional, friendly, and kept our dance floor going throughout the party.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Tori · Married on 06/17/2017

Jeff had the dance floor crowded ALL NIGHT. He did an amazing job. We were worried about having a cheesy DJ or a traditional wedding DJ and Jeff was so so so far from that, we felt like we were at a club and all of our favorite songs were on. He was super communicative, friendly and extremely professional.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Katie · Married on 06/16/2017

Thank you Beat Train Productions and Greg Lanzillotta! Our wedding guests didn't sit once the music started and so many people came up to us saying they've never danced so much at a wedding! I'm not a dancer and actually avoid the dance floor but even I danced the entire night. He knew exactly the right music to play for our group and kept everyone on their feet. Greg, thank you so much. You truly were the best DJ and not only did we think so many of our guests said the same. - The Salinas

Sent on 07/02/2017

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks so much, Katie! So glad everyone enjoyed the music :)

S · Married on 06/16/2017

We cannot say enough good things about Beat Train and our DJ, Jeff Durand! Beat Train was incredibly responsive and professional in our initial conversations, and Jeff was everything we could have asked for and more in a DJ. Throughout the planning process, he was extremely friendly and thorough and made sure to ask all of the right questions to ensure the night's music would reflect exactly what we wanted. We had several planning meetings and he helped us to design our timeline and walk us through what would happen at each stage of the night. On our wedding day, Jeff was so professional and accommodating and selected the perfect music to set a celebratory mood and keep our guests dancing until the end of the night. We were so happy with the decision to hire Jeff and weeks later our friends and family are still commenting on how great our DJ was. One of the best decisions we made for our wedding, and an incredible value - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Matthew · Married on 06/09/2017

DJ Spencer was fantastic!
    Choosing a DJ was difficult - most DJs say the same things, and unlike photographers, you can't really see a DJ's portfolio unless you watch them DJ another event. Ultimately, we chose Spencer because he had great reviews.
    Spencer has a job and kids and yet he was the most responsive of all our vendors!
    Spencer spent a lot of time on us before the wedding - in person and over the phone. We gave Spencer a very long list of music we liked (the majority of which he played at the wedding). He also made mixes/different versions of several songs that we wanted to play and even bought a linen that was needed for his DJ table.
    During the wedding, we got several compliments on the cocktail hour and dinner music, even though it was just background music. Also, though we noticed some vendors slacking off, Spencer ate his dinner in like 5 minutes and got right back to DJing.
    The best part was the dancing! People were dancing for over 2.5 hours and the majority of guests were dancing the entire time and having lots of fun, ourselves included! We haven't been to many weddings, but we had many guests tell us our wedding was the most fun wedding they'd been to because there was so much dancing and DJ Spencer got everyone to dance the whole night!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Rosa · Married on 05/28/2017

Sam Turner was our DJ and he made our wedding reception an absolutely phenomenal experience. I enjoyed working with him so much, he was very responsive to my emails and really got my vision for our reception music. As a fellow 80s/90s baby he knew exactly what throw back music choices our guests would want to hear and had amazing suggestions that added a lot to my already very extensive wedding playlist. Sam was so professional, kept to our schedule during the reception - even at times more than I was able to - and was overall a pleasure to work with. Beat Train, the parent company was also amazing to us - when I had to change the date of my wedding because my mother become suddenly severely ill, they accommodated me and didn't charge us any additional change fee because they understood and were extremely sympathetic to our situation. I recommend both Sam Turner and Beat Train highly!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Laura · Married on 05/20/2017

Our wedding was in Boston, MA and cannot thank Greg enough for the amazing time we and our guests had. We had a very large range in attendants and he was able to have everyone on the dance floor all night long. Cannot thank Greg enough for the amazing time we and our guests had!!!

Sent on 05/28/2017