Beat Train Productions Reviews

Beat Train Productions 3
Beat Train Productions 4
Beat Train Productions 5

Meghan · Married on 11/25/2017

My fiance and I have very different tastes in music. We had a multicultural wedding, with my fiances side being from Jamaica, and my side being from the north east. We both wanted a night when everyone was out on the dance floor having a good time. Shane did an amazing job with such a hard task! He was able to marry both our styles perfectly. The night was beyond our expectations and we really could not thank Shane enough for his hard work and professionalism!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Beat Train Productions's reply:

It was so great working with you!! :)

Noelle · Married on 11/24/2017

I can't begin explain how much we loved Joel. He went with the flow of our impromptu/workshop dance party wedding with such a great attitude and vibe. When the nerf guns were pulled out, he rolled with it. When the dancing got started before the first dance he helped us squeeze it in during all the fun. When we needed to mix in some salsa, he made it happen. He's a true professional!

Beyond that, everyone at Beat Train was so great to work I can't stop raving about the company. I'm still so impressed they were able to be so accommodating with our whirlwind wedding.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Ryann · Married on 11/24/2017

Elissa was so awesome and responsive. I gave her a lot of music to work with and she did an amazing job incorporating what we liked but also reading the crowd. We got so many compliments all night on how great she was! Music was really important to me for the wedding and finding the right DJ was important- so so so happy we chose Beat Train and Elissa!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Ashley · Married on 11/17/2017

Beat Train had the best DJ we could have asked for for our November wedding in NH - Spencer knocked it out of the park! I got compliments from guests about how good he was for the cocktail hour - before we even opened up the dance floor. I was so nervous that my guests wouldn't dance, and he got pregnant ladies and people who told me they weren't dancing to get up on the floor and party. I couldn't have anticipated a better turn-out with Spencer. And he was the utmost professional during the process - he met us in Boston to go over everything in detail, was very transparent about his process - a genuine, down to earth guy. If you're looking for a top-notch DJ company that prides itself on not playing cheesy songs - you'd be stupid not to hire Beat Train, and Spencer. Spencer even went as far as to edit an existing song I wanted to play after the ceremony. He went above and beyond and we couldn't be happier. Also, we were looking for a DJ who didn't hog the microphone, and Spencer was just the right amount of DJ - alerting guests with specific happenings during the night but sticking to what he does best. I will tell everyone about Beat Train - they are downright phenomenal - not just as a DJ but throughout the whole process!

Beat Train Productions 6
    Beat Train Productions 7
    Beat Train Productions 8
    Beat Train Productions 9
    Beat Train Productions 10
    Sent on 11/30/2017
  • O

Omar · Married on 10/30/2017

We were so lucky to have come across Jeff Gilbride during our DJ search. His sample videos and tracks made him distinctly stand out from the crowd. Jeff's DJing was absolutely flawless, and people did not stop dancing all night long. Leading up to the wedding, he took the time to sit down with us, reach out to check in, took our calls and emails with full attention, and was overall very communicative. We had special requests to have arabic songs in our playlist and Jeff was very open to the idea. He incorporated those songs perfectly without ever knowing the songs or even understanding the lyrics! It felt very natural and better than most arabic DJs we've seen! We also had a specific plan for entrance music (2 songs to be timed with certain moments) and Jeff timed it to the dot. He was also pleasantly non-invasive during the wedding, and only kept announcements to a minimum when we actually needed them. Speaking of announcements, he was quick on his feet and helped save our seating chart when our guests thought it was open seating. We would wholeheartedly recommend Jeff Gilbride. He's the best we've seen, and our guests thought so too. On top of all of that, he's super nice to hang out with. Thank you, Jeff!!

Sent on 09/01/2018

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks so much Omar - you guys are the best! :)

Shira · Married on 10/29/2017

I found Beat Train for DJ services by looking for a "non-cheesy" DJ. We had an initial phone call where we went over everything we wanted in detail and they were incredibly helpful. We then chose a DJ based on price and recommendations from our initial phone call. We chose Jake and could not have been happier. He worked with us over email and met in person. He was great with communication and creating the wedding atmosphere we were looking for. I would highly recommend Beat Train to anyone !

Sent on 11/01/2017

Kimberly · Married on 10/14/2017

We booked Beat Train after we searched for “non-cheesy DJ New Jersey”. Music was the top priority for me. I wanted to be on the dance floor all night along with my guests, and Beat Train delivered. Sam Turner was our DJ and he was perfect. We video chatted with him before the wedding and spoke via phone and email leading up to the day to go over any final details. We only had a few “must play” songs and he incorporated them perfectly. He’s the professional, we wanted him to just do his thing and he did! The way Sam read the crowd was incredible. The reviews speak for themselves. Book Beat Train. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/03/2017

Emily · Married on 10/07/2017

Our experience with Beat Train Productions was perfect. Our DJ, Jeff Gilbride, was phenomenal. Jeff took the time to make sure that the announcements and music for our reception were exactly as we wanted them. He made the planning process smooth and easy; he was proactive in communication and took care of everything that needed to be done. At our reception, he was professional, kind to all of our guests, and kept the dance floor completely filled all night. We got so many compliments from guests on our DJ choice throughout the evening. We highly recommend Jeff and Beat Train Productions - thank you for making our reception so much fun!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks so much, Emily! It was great working with you :)

Amanda · Married on 10/07/2017

Beat Train was awesome to work with from the beginning! We were so happy we chose Joe to be our wedding DJ. He was always attentive and responsive to all our calls and emails throughout the process. He did a great job of understanding what kind of music we wanted (from ethnic to old school hip hop) and did an amazing job!! We didn't stop dancing the entire night and got plenty of compliments about our music. Make choosing your DJ the easy part and just go with Beat Train!

Sent on 12/04/2017

Michael · Married on 10/06/2017

Look no further for a DJ. You've come to the right place. Beat Train is top of the line. Professionalism to the highest extent. This isn't your typical DJ service, there's no DJ who is in love with his own voice constantly shouting over songs trying to "pump" everyone up. No, instead the DJs performance speaks for itself and pumps everyone up on its own without any cheap thrills. If you're looking to have a classy event, you need to go through Beat Train. We had DJ Shane Page who was exactly what we needed. Played all our requests exactly as we wanted, and gave us insight as to what would work and wouldn't work. Everyone left our wedding complimenting the music and how fun it was. I seriously can't say enough. Thank you Beat Train and thank you Shane.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Analysa · Married on 10/01/2017

Working with Beat Train Productions was a great experience! They ensured all our concerns were addressed and were responsive. Sam Turner was our DJ for our wedding and he was absolutely amazing! We did not stress at all over music/entertainment throughout the process; Sam contacted us to discuss initial steps and informed us of the timeline/process and what to expect. He followed up closer to the wedding date and on the day of the wedding, he was prompt and had everything ready well before the ceremony started. We didn't have a list of song for Sam to play and just asked him to read our crowd and he did it perfectly (especially those 90s throwback!). Our guests loved Sam and even asked for his contact information for when they want to host a party/get married/etc. We highly recommend Beat Train Productions and we recommend asking for Sam!

Sent on 12/19/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/30/2017

Not one but two other couples we know used Beat Train Productions at their weddings and highly recommended them. We worked with Tim Ahler -- what a great guy and skilled DJ! He met with us over video chat and let us tell him everything we loved and hated and took it from there. He played everything we requested right on cue, made great choices throughout the rest of the night, and spent minimal time on the mic (exactly what we wanted). The company was professional and speedy from my very first interaction with them -- I think I had a call with Nick within a few hours of my inquiry. He then sent me a list of all their available DJs, videos of them performing, and pricing (including explaining why they were priced differently--at the time, Tim's pricing was the lowest because he had recently moved from out of state and was building up his client base in Boston). All aspects of the interactions were a breeze and we were very happy--would highly recommend this company to anyone for any occasion.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thank you, Amanda! It was great working with you :)
  • Zack

Zack · Married on 09/30/2017

My wife and I booked Nick Ferrington from Beat Train Productions for our wedding and could not have asked for a better DJ. Nick was a consummate professional leading up to and during the wedding. Some people are DJs to simply get paid, this is not Nick...You can tell with Nick that this is truly his passion and he loves what he does. He offered great flexibility to handle our requests, and he worked closely with us to ensure all our details and formalities that came with a 230 person Irish/Ukranian/Armenian wedding sung through. He was a big reason why our big day was so memorable, as months after the wedding, people could not stop talking about how great the music was and how they had never seen such an active dancefloor from start to finish. If only there were more Nicks across the country, as guests accounting for 23 states and 3 countries all wanted him <---from strictly a DJ perspective of course. Thanks Nick!!

Beat Train Productions 11
    Beat Train Productions 12
    Beat Train Productions 13
    Beat Train Productions 14
    Sent on 11/15/2017

Courtney · Married on 09/22/2017

Our DJ, Jake, was INCREDIBLE! We were SO happy to have had Jake DJ our wedding. We read wonderful reviews beforehand and when we met Jake in person to share our music preferences, we were even more excited for our big day. As soon as the music started, our guests were UP AND DANCING! We had dance circles happening almost immediately and guests of all ages danced the night away. Many people commented how the majority of our guests danced almost the entire night. Jake was kind, warm, fun, and talented. He got the party going and kept it going all night. Everyone loved his music selection and he had the perfect balance for guests of all ages. We were sad when the night was over - everyone wanted to keep going. We had the BEST day and Jake played a big part in that. We'll never forget it! Hire DJ Jake! You will be so happy you did. :) Thank you, Jake!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks so much, Courtney! It was lovely working with you, and I know Jake really enjoyed being a part of your big day :)

Jenny · Married on 09/18/2017

Beat Train Productions, specifically Sam Turner was the best DJ we could've ever asked for.
    He had us at Tribe Called Quest + Wu Tang Clan. Sam was really easy going, personable,
    and super accommodating to our DJ needs. He had our entire guest list on the dance floor including all the grandparents. I wouldn't recommend anyone else!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/17/2017

Sam was such a positive, talented representation of Beat Train Productions and all of the services they have to offer. From the start, we knew the music component of our wedding was in more than capable hands. I personally am very connected to my music, and figured I would be a pain to deal with wanting to have such a detailed hand in how our wedding played out (specific cues, etc.). My vision was executed even better than I could have ever imagined with Sam, and then some! He was a driving factor of the night, and we got endless compliments from our guests on the music selection. Sam was timely, and the one person I knew I could count on to independently handle what he needed to. That's what every bride needs! Plus, his personality and style were A+, and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ to join us on our big day!

Sent on 12/14/2017

John · Married on 09/16/2017

My wife and I had Tim for our wedding. Tim was incredibly responsive to us. He made himself available throyugh e-mail and text. Tim was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was a real professional with a lot of skill and confidence. He was able to make our introduction by cutting two songs and playing it to the exact specifications. Tim also played all of the songs that we wanted to hear along with some other requests from the crowd.

Tim made our wedding that much more enjoyable and I could not be happier with his work. I highly recommenced hiring Tim for any event!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Lily · Married on 09/16/2017

Jeff Durand was our DJ for our September 2017 wedding and we could not have been more happy/ satisfied with him. Leading up to our big day Jeff was extremely responsive and addressed all of our questions in a very timely, detailed fashion. Jeff remained professional during the whole process and showed up on our wedding day on-time and got set up in no time. He always had a back up place/ plan B just in case for every situation which was extremely reassuring for my husband and I. Everything from the cocktail hour music and dinner music, to the bridal party introductions and dance party music was fantastic. Not only were my husband and I beyond happy about Jeff but our friends and family continuously rave about the music during our wedding. We could not recommend Beat Train and Jeff enough!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Lisa · Married on 09/09/2017

Nick Ferrington performed at our Sept. '17 wedding and was exceptional. Personally, the DJ is the most important part of the wedding guests' experience -- accordingly, I had high expectations/standards. Nick exceeded expectations and delivered on every aspect of the job. It started with Nick's responsiveness & reliability leading up to the wedding day and continued with his day-of performance. Nick's music selection and read of the crowd was spot-on as he created a lively dance floor. It was clear that Nick took into account our music tastes/preferences relayed during consultation: his song choices and timing were perfect. Moreover, Nick's energy, announcing, and articulation were flawless, seamlessly transitioning in and out of all formalities. Last but not least, Nick was professional and easy to work with.

Multiple wedding guests commented on the dance floor and music selection, and one guest even asked for Nick's contact information. My wife and I could not have been happier with our DJ experience - excellent all around.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/09/2017

DJ Sam Turner and Beat Train Productions were simply the best! DJ Sam killed it at our wedding - such an amazing playlist and you couldn't get our guests off the dance floor. It was truly a pleasure working with this team and would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks so much, Jennifer! We really enjoyed working with you :)

Todd · Married on 09/09/2017

We first heard Seth Issacs DJ at another friend's wedding. He had the dance floor packed the minute the music started and kept it that way all night. We know that our friends and family love to dance and we had to have the best. We knew exactly who we wanted for our wedding, and booked Seth the same day we set the date.

Seth was very easy to communicate with while we planned our wedding. He listened to what we wanted, gave us great advice, and even met with us on location to help us understand set up and lighting. His preparation document was very thorough and very helpful as we planned the reception. He was a great sounding board as we considered options, and he took each and every one of our requests professionally, and incorporated each of those requests seamlessly in to our evening.

Just as we hoped, Seth had the dance floor completely packed from the first to the last song. Seth is a huge reason our wedding was so wonderful. The top comment from our guests was the quality and energy of the music. We would not have changed a thing.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Tony · Married on 09/09/2017

We searched throughout New England for just the right DJ and decided on Beat Train and their artist Jake Nissen. I have nothing but words of praise/encouragement to anyone considering using him to help masterfully tie together their wedding.

Music was a priority and something I felt particular in trying to create a unique soundtrack that reflected our long relationship while also keeping people on the floor. I filtered through hundreds of precious fav songs before talking with Jake upon our initial consultation and found him immediately kind/receptive in helping us create exactly what we wanted.

While our music for the dinning/dancing gravitated towards an eclectic mix of soul, 30’s big band, folk, alternative, pop, & 80’s, I feel confident Jake could have tied in any genre we threw at him. He played every one of our requests and arranged our selections to match flawlessly with his own while being receptive to myself/guests and technically blending everything together seamlessly. He even matched the BPM’s of each song we submitted to be arranged into the best mix possible.

Our tent reception was in a very non-traditional large outside setting with plenty of places for people to mingle/roam, but throughout the entire night Jake kept everyone on the dance floor and together for every announcement/speech. He was always present, professional, clear, (never intrusive) and our guests continue to praise his work months later.

Pre-wedding Jake kept in contact and even drove hours out of his way to consult with my wife and I in person. Of course on the big day he traveled literally across the state to a field in the middle of nowhere to be there for us.

From my first telephone conversation, to our last song of the night “Under Pressure” I never felt pressure with Jake knowing we were in such good hands. It felt like having just one more of our close friends with us to help celebrate what was truly one of our favorite days ever. Thanks Jake!
    -The Scelsi's

Sent on 02/18/2018

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! I had so much fun working with you, It was such a great day! :)

Jef · Married on 09/08/2017

We had Joe Lopez for our wedding and he did a great job. Courteous, professional, smart, music was great. Everyone seemed to have an awesome time. Would definitely recommend to others.

Sent on 10/17/2017

chris · Married on 09/02/2017

We chose DJ Jeff Gilbride for our wedding on a strong recommendation from one of our good friends who is also a DJ in Boston. When we initially signed on with Jeff we had a quick call to get on the same page and then reengaged a few weeks from the wedding once we finished the questionnaire. Jeff was very responsive and flexible with his time and walked through every detail of the wedding script with us multiple times. He offered insights from his experience but was also very flexible if we countered and ended up getting everything absolutely perfect. Jeff was very well spoken for announcements and really kept the flow of the wedding organic (which would not have been the case without his recommendations). Getting any songs on our wide range of requests was seamless with Jeff and all we had to do was send him a few itunes links or email a few mp3s since we were very particular (Jeff really did all the work). With regards to the special day Jeff was there very early and coordinated with all our other vendors on his own accord so everyone was aligned on the script. He performed all of the ceremony/entrances/first dances to the script exactly and had people on the dance floor before dinner ended because the music was so tempting. The reception that Jeff put together was absolutely amazing and he was fading in and out of songs perfectly, giving just enough time for each song before moving onto another awesome jam. He kept the dance floor completely packed all night and everyone of my guests I talked to said he was the best wedding DJ they have ever experienced. I could not recommend Jeff more for any event where music is involved, he is very professional and blew away our expectations.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks so much Chris!! It was great to be a part of your big day! :)

Juliet · Married on 09/02/2017

Five stars!!! I really liked working with Beat Train leading up to my wedding. They were always very accessible via email and answered my questions promptly. Joe Lopez was our DJ and he really delivered. He was organized, personable, available to chat, thoughtful, and kind and then when it came time for the party, he knocked it out of the park! With our wedding, we did dinner, then dancing, and as soon as the dancing portion started, Joe kept everyone going for song after song after song. It was incredible. I also had a few very specific requests and he bent over backwards to make them work. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/08/2017