Beat 2 Beat DJs Reviews

148 | Linthicum Heights, MD

148 Reviews for Beat 2 Beat DJs

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Laura · Married on 09/11/2010

Beat to Beat DJs was one of the best & easiest parts of our wedding. Working with Chris and Dan was easy and fun. They were very quick to respond and were willing to make anything happen for us. Dan was professional and kept the party going. He was not the cheesy wedding DJ at all. When he said over the mike, "It's time for the bride and groom to leave," I was SOO sad!! I've had sooo many people come up after the wedding and say, "That was the most fun I've ever had at a wedding" or "You guys threw one heck of a party." I got so many compliments on the DJ it was unreal. It was truly the best day of our lives and the best party I've ever thrown. People have asked us if we're going to have an anniversary party and invite that Dj! Thank you Beat to Beat DJs for all of your hard work and for helping to make our day so special! We will be using you again!! :) Thank you!

Sent on 11/09/2010

Nicole · Married on 09/04/2010

My fiance, Jeff, and I must've filtered through a dozen cheesy, cummerbund-wearing DJs when we finally discovered Beat2Beat DJs (on WeddingWire, actually). It was a wearisome search. One pushy DJ company owner, who shall remain nameless, even badgered me a bit w a couple call backs, trying to get me to sign w him WITHOUT meeting the DJ first. That way, he audaciously explained, he could decide closer to our date if he wanted to work our event himself or assign us to one of his employees. No thanks.
    I could just tell by the Beat2Beat name/website that it was a more modern DJ team which was a better fit for us. Owner Chris Riddle was very friendly and prompt in email and on the phone. He insisted the opposite of that other guy - Chris wanted us to come to his studio and meet him personally before we signed anything. (We wound up having the privilege of getting Chris as our personal DJ.)
    Jeff and I did and, on first impression, were blown away. Chris is incredibly professional and respectful. He's cool, very chill, but he takes your business seriously. He got to know us a bit, then showed us his equipment and a little demo of what he could do w songs we liked. He made it clear he'd honor the lists of any songs we possibly wanted for cocktail hour, dance etc. as well as any Do Not Plays (we had several). His package prices were reasonable, as well. The only other 'modern' company we found were way over budget for us.
    We signed with him the next morning (he likes you to think about it for a night) and felt 100% like we'd found the right guy for us. Again, Chris & his team are young but sharp, modern, very aware of what's current.. they're just a more hip DJ group then all the other typical companies out there.
    On our actual day, Chris didn't miss a trick. He announced/intro'd everyone well, played all the right songs - I'm telling you, he plays exactly what you request, song for song - and was present but not overpresent. He doesn't try to take the spotlight or make it about him, he dials his working-the-crowd quotient to whatever you'd like it to be.
    He also did a great job of checking in w us about when we'd like to do the cake or the bouquet toss, etc., but he also let the night flow at a natural pace.
    I honestly cannot rave enough about Beat2Beat DJs. They will play any kind of wedding, I'm sure - country, hip hop, etc. - but if you're like us.. if you're a fun, young, modern couple who wants danceable pop/hip-hop that's not from five years ago and you want a fun, current, knows-what's-up DJ, I mean it when I say Beat2Beat is the only one of its kind I found in the area. This is not an exaggeration. Save yourselves the search I dealt with. :) *****

Sent on 10/05/2010

Karen · Married on 08/21/2010

Chris is wonderful, he is so easy to work with and will let you have as much or as little say about the music if you want. His website was a great resource for picking out songs. He is so polite and really made everyone feel at home on the day of. He does a great job of making sure he says everyone's names correctly, and is great at feeling out the crowd and keeping the dance floor full! He is great on the mic and is never cheesey. All of our guests commented how great the music was. My wedding was the thrid wedding I have seen him DJ and he always does a great job!

Sent on 09/15/2010

Kara · Married on 08/21/2010

We absolutely LOVED Beat 2 Beat DJs! We worked with Brian (DJ Absolut) and would recommend him to anyone! We were really impressed with the level of customer service Beat 2 Beat has - from the initial consultation to the follow-up email after our wedding, we couldn't be happier. I had been to a few weddings where the DJ was not so great, and had forgotten how critical a good DJ is to a reception! Brian was super easy to work with, and even went out of his way to find some not-so-mainstream songs my husband really wanted for the cocktail hour. He did the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, and did a fantastic job!

Sent on 10/15/2010

Jan · Married on 08/07/2010

Chris, Chris, Chris......professional, friendly, easy to work with, and an extremely talented DJ. The dance floor was packed the entire time, and the reception went on until midnight. Everyone had a ball. Our minister's wife even said she hadn't danced so much since her 20's. I highly recommend.

Sent on 08/10/2010
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 07/31/2010

Dan with Beat 2 Beat DJs is awesome! I met with Chris for my first consultation and he introduced me to Dan, who was my actual DJ. They are professional and well organized. Dan was absolutely amazing at the wedding. He kept the timeline straight and I gave him the freedom to decided when things should happen so he took control (which is what I wanted!). He kept people of all ages on the dance floor all night. He was loved so much that one of our guests wants to book him for their daughter's wedding next summer! Thanks so much for making our wedding so special.

Sent on 08/17/2010

Emily · Married on 07/16/2010

We loved having Dan at Beat2Beat DJs do our wedding! We only met with one DJ company and we knew right away we would use them. Chris has a very straightforward manner and meeting with him was very easy. I felt like this was one of our easiest vendors to decide on and work with.

The day of, Dan showed up super early for set up for our wedding, which was great! I think he was there before I was. He did a great job keeping everyone dancing and played a great mix of new songs and some old stuff we requested. He definitely "got" the mood of the party and played music accordingly. My only wish is that we could have kept the party going for 2 more hours! :)

Sent on 08/08/2010

Sue · Married on 07/10/2010

As mother of the bride and official "Wedding Planner" I could not have asked for a more professional and accommodating DJ company for my daughter's wedding. They were very timely in responding to all of our requests during the planning process and went beyond their responsibilities by purchasing the obscure "Father / Daughter" dance song that my husband had picked out. Brian was engaging and kept things on schedule during the reception. The guests had a wonderful time. I would highly recommend using Beat2Beat DJs for your wedding! Sue Vogel

Sent on 08/09/2010

Maighdlin · Married on 06/19/2010

The DJs at Beat 2 Beat were great! We planned our wedding from out of town and our DJ Brian worked with us over the phone to coordinate our song list and reception agenda. He was very professional and played great songs to keep the dance floor full all night. I would recommend Brian and the Beat 2 Beat DJs to anyone looking for a profressional, courtesy, prepared DJ!

Sent on 08/30/2010

Marjorie · Married on 06/19/2010

We loved working with Beat 2 Beat for our wedding reception! Choosing a DJ was very important to my husband and me because we wanted to set a fun environment for our guests. We only went to Beat 2 Beat and as soon as we left our initial meeting my now husband and I wanted them to DJ our wedding. We were lucky enough to have Chris Riddle. He was extremely professional and prior to the wedding asked for specifics that we wanted for our wedding. I provided him with a list of songs that we wanted played, so we did not want played, artists we liked and most importantly that we wanted to DANCE! So many of our guests came up to us at the wedding (and after) to say how much they loved the music. There were also a lot of people who said that they had not danced that much in years. We would highly recommend Beat 2 Beat for a wedding or even for another kind of event!

Sent on 02/09/2011

Meagan · Married on 06/12/2010

Hands down our best vendor!!!

Chris did an outstanding job. The music was perfect and he had everyone up and dancing. He was so easy to work with and the quality and professionalism were perfect. We even emailed him the night before to change the bridal party entrance song and it was no problem. Couldn’t have asked for a better dj for our wedding!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Denis · Married on 05/08/2010

By far one of the best experiences I have had! Beat 2 Beat not only provided fantastic music for my wedding but he was great at researching the music I wanted. Very professional and proficient! I would suggest Beat 2 Beat and recommend them to anyone who is looking for a DJ!!!

Sent on 07/02/2010

Andrea · Married on 05/01/2010

Awesome--go with B2B and you won't be disappointed. Our reception was SO fun--people are still talking about how great the music was.

Sent on 08/28/2010

Molly · Married on 04/24/2010

Our dj, Chris, was fantastic. Our guests loved the selection and variety of music. We were very satisfied with the professionalism and quality of his services. The lights really added the wow factor. We would recommend this company to any of our friends or family. Chris made our day feel special, lovely, and fun. Exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 07/02/2010

G · Married on 04/24/2010

Dan was a fantastic DJ and the company was a pleasure to work with. He made our night so much more memorable. We would recommend him and the company to anyone.

Sent on 05/04/2011

brittany · Married on 04/10/2010

Chris Riddle from Beat2Beat ROCKS!!!!!! I have received SOO many compliments from my wedding guests about how wonderful he was at keeping the party going and mixing music flawlessly! And i loved him too!!!! One thing about Chris that i was super impressed with was our pre-wedding planning. He has an amazing system for organizing every detail of your MC-ing needs. I actually complied a list of songs that were very important for him to play, and he did a fantastic job fulfilling my requests. And his mixing capabilities are off the chart - he is a master of his trade, and has top-of-the-line equipment to provide the best sound possible. One thing i was truly amazed by was his ability to pronounce every single person's name correctly!!! All 16 people! Chris met with us in his studio before our wedding to give us an example of how he mixes and what his equipment consists of...i VERY impressed as was my hubby! He is extremely outgoing and personable, and HUGE perk to have at our wedding! We loved Beat2Beat!!!

Sent on 07/07/2010

Julie · Married on 09/26/2009

Chris did such an awesome job!! He is the best in the business if you ask for my opinion. His company comes HIGHLY recommended!

Sent on 10/09/2009

Emily · Married on 09/26/2009

If you want everyone out of their chairs dancing or having a great time---then Beat2Beat DJs is the way to go. They are also very professional and easy to work with and can REALLY see the vision you are trying to create. No waiting around to get a response to a question--they always got back to me in a timely manner and made our wedding reception fun and flawless!! I would definitely recommend Beat2Beat DJs!

Sent on 10/19/2009

Allison · Married on 09/25/2009

Chris Riddle from Beat 2 Beat DJ's was amzing to say the least. He was a pleasure to work with and and was so helpful when deciding what music to play and when to play it. He even went so far as to re-arrange the mother/son dance so it was just perfect!

Chris was fun, professional and very reasonably priced. He even stayed for an extra hour when we decided to extend our reception at the last minute!

Thanks so much for making our wedding reception a BLAST and getting everyone on the dance floor!

Sent on 10/14/2009

Audrey · Married on 09/12/2009

Beat 2 Beat DJs are AWESOME!! The owner Chris is great! He listened to all of my requests and made everything very easy. He was quick to respond to e-mails and phone calls. Everything turned out great! At the reception he took charge and let everyone know when they would be speaking and when we would be doing each thing. I would 100% recommend him to anyone I knew that was looking for a DJ! Thank you Chris, for helping to make my day wonderful!!

Sent on 10/01/2009

AJ · Married on 09/06/2009

Chris from Beat 2 Beat DJs made our wedding night the best night of our life - no joke. All of our friends have not stopped raving about what an awesome job he did. In fact, everybody was having such a killer time that we extended the reception an hour! Chris did his thing for that last hour and I'm pretty sure that nobody was sitting down. He did an amazing job of guiding us in the right direction during the music selection process and an even better job of mixing in crowd pleasers that weren't on our list. The whole last hour, which made the night what it was, was Chris just doing his thing. From other DJ's to musicians to people who just like having a good time, everybody who was at our wedding thanked what was even called 'the wedding of the century' to Beat 2 Beat DJs.

Sent on 09/23/2009
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 09/05/2009

Chris was amazing - very responsive, professional, and easy to work with. We got exactly what we wanted from our DJ and wouldn't have changed a thing!!! This is the DJ that you want for your wedding - and I say that with complete confidence that you will enjoy him as much as we (and our guests) did!!

Sent on 09/09/2009

Desiree · Married on 08/22/2009

Chris Riddle is amazing! We interviewed a few (less expensive) d.j.'s for our wedding. When I met with Chris, we were very impressed with his willingness to work with us and easy going personality. We chose him immediately after he demonstrated some of his "beat 2 beat" skills.
    After our wedding, I was extremely happy with choosing Beat 2 Beat DJs! Chris's talent far exceeded what we hoped for. He felt the audience and played music to keep everyone out on the dance floor. People were coming up to me days/weeks after our wedding talking about how much fun they had. I believe a huge part of our successful wedding was because of Chris's talent.
    I will also add, we had some last minute changes to make (I mean very last minute) and he was so cool about it and very accommodating. I'd give B2B a 10 if I could. You CAN NOT go wrong with BEAT 2 BEAT DJ! They were PERFECT!!!

Sent on 11/04/2009

Kevin · Married on 08/15/2009

Beat2Beat DJs are great! Whenever I needed to speak to a represenative, I spoke to someone directly, not a anwering service. This company gives you 200%. Beat2Beat are very professional, gives you GREAT advice when you are at cross roads when planning an event, and last but not least I will hire them again for any event from a special birthday party to a 10 year wedding anniversity party!!!!

Sent on 09/03/2009

Claire · Married on 08/08/2009

Chris Riddle at Beat 2 Beat is one of the most helpful and responsive wedding vendors I worked with. It was a pleasure to have him at our wedding. He worked closely with our caterer throughout the reception to coordinate the special events, make announcements and play great music.

We gave him an extensive list of music, but I have to say, he picked the best mix and added a few excellent mash-ups as well as his own picks to keep the party going.

We also had him wire a remote speaker to the first floor for our wedding ceremony and he played the music exactly as we wanted it played, added a great value to his services (and saving us the cost of live musicians).

Chris is extremely professional and very in tune with the latest music in all genres. If you're worried about choosing a DJ, know that Beat 2 Beat is the perfect choice--I promise you'll be very pleased with the service, the music and their ability to MC.

Sent on 08/26/2009