Beat 2 Beat DJs Reviews

148 | Linthicum Heights, MD

148 Reviews for Beat 2 Beat DJs

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Lindsay · Married on 10/20/2012

If I could provide a higher rating, I most certainly would!! Beat 2 Beat DJs was an absolute pleasure to work with. Chris Riddle is extremely responsive and is in-tune to what you are looking for. He responded to my first voicemail that day and put me in touch with Brian Robey, who was available for our wedding. Brian IS EXCELLENT!!! Such a great person to work with. We initially spoke with him over the phone to meet him and see if it would be a good match- "good" did not do it justice! Brian has quite the experience with DJ'ing. We were able to meet with him in the studio. The set up and technology is great- not some cheezy DJ picking songs off of his ipod. We saw his ability to mix from "My Girl" to "Call Me Maybe" and not even realize we were still tapping our feet. Brian was so re-assuring and found the exact music we were looking for. He set the mood completely for our American Standards/Big Band cocktail hour, as well as dinner....and when the dancing started, he kept the party going!! He knew exactly what to play to keep everyone on the dance floor. It was such an amazing night, and I cannot sing enough praise for Brian. I highly recommend Beat 2 Beat if you want a wedding to remember!!

Sent on 11/15/2012

This vendor was recommended to me by a friend, and I was so happy with the recommendation! From the moment we first contacted them to the last song they played, Beat 2 Beat was fun, professional and exactly what we wanted. Our DJ, Dan, worked with us to make our wedding exactly what we wanted. As they say, it is our wedding, not theirs, so they are there to be as involved as we wanted them to be. I could not recommend them enough! All of our guests had a blast and the dance floor was packed due to the music Dan played. Thanks again!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Dawn · Married on 09/29/2012

Chris Riddle was very professional and personal during the planning and execution of his services for our daughters wedding. He kept the party going becoming the maestro of music selection and organization of details throughout the night. Thanks, R&D Walker-Baltimore

Sent on 10/01/2012

Lisa · Married on 09/29/2012

Beat2Beat and our DJ Dan McGinty were fantastic!!! They eased our minds by being professional, always available to answer questions, and did a site visit as well. We are STILL getting complements on the music. It was a perfect selection for our crowd! Thanks for making our wedding one heck of a party!!

Sent on 12/28/2012

Jaclyn · Married on 09/22/2012

We used Beat 2 Beat DJs for both DJ services and we booked a lighting package. Chris was great to work with on the business end of things. He was fast in his responses and provided great customer service.

DJ - We had Jon B. as our DJ. He came highly recommended by a friend of mine. He was great! He provided music for the ceremony, cocktail/dinner hour and the dancing. It was just what we wanted! He gave us a great mix of genres that we had provided and everyone told me what a great time they had! Our dance floor was packed the entire night! And I had made sure that we had one big enough to hold 150+ people!

Lighting - Dan M. was our lighting guy. We had booked an uplighting package and wasn't really sure where I wanted the lights to go. We just let Dan do his job and gave him our color scheme. When they dimmed the lights in the Ballroom at Grey Rock Mansion the room really popped and looked amazing!

We had intereviewed multiple DJs and it was the most important vendor for us because we have a lot of friends who like to dance. Not only was Beat 2 Beat the right match for us, but they were reasonable too! If I had to do it all over again, I'd choose them in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/04/2012
  • LaChele

LaChele · Married on 09/14/2012

Dj5 did an AMAZING job deejaying our wedding! My husband and I were very pleased. From the beginning to the end of the reception, he had us partying and dancing all night long! He played the latest and hottest hip hop and r&b music and even threw in a couple of old school jamz!! My husband and I gave DJ 5 a list of songs that we liked and he took care of the rest. If you want to party, party, party...then Dj5 and Beat 2 Beat Djs are definitely worth booking!

Sent on 10/10/2012

Krista · Married on 09/01/2012

I just want to say that Beat2Beat and DJ 5 (Dan) are AMAZING. Our wedding was on 9/1/12 at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club and Dan was there early to set up. We had an entire room (the Garden Room) devoted to dancing and it was packed the entire night with people. I had so much fun that I wish I could keep them around for everything. I gave them some songs on a no-play list and a must-play list and left the rest to him and he really kept the party going all night long. He took requests from people and even came to us if he wasn't sure about a song. Our guests from out of town were mostly from MA and he played Sweet Caroline at the end of the night and I don't think they stopped talking about how epic it was for the rest of the weekend. He kept the dances to the perfect length, mixed the tracks super smoothly, and was honestly just such a great DJ.
    They're super professional, so quick to respond, and you can tell they care about each of their clients! These guys aren't your typical wedding DJs -- they don't do all the cheesy stuff that you can't stand and that, for me, was awesome. Dan, thank you -- you killed it!

Sent on 09/12/2012

Lindsay · Married on 07/27/2012

Beat 2 Beat Djs were amazing! Our Dj was so professional, and really kept us in the loop! Our guests danced the night away, listening to wonderful music. It provided such a great atmosphere for our wedding, and we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 08/13/2012

Stephanie · Married on 06/30/2012

I cannot say enough great things about Beat 2 Beat DJs!! Brain from Beat 2 Beat DJ'ed our wedding on June 30, 2012. My husband and I love to dance---so finding the right DJ was really important to us. We met with several DJs, but of all of them, Brian was the most attentive---and Beat 2 Beat was absolutely the best deal out there by far!

We decided to go with them and were not disappointed. We had very specific ideas about what we wanted to do for our introductions. We met with Brian twice to go over it all---he was really excited about our idea and willing to do whatever he needed (even practice beforehand!) to make it work. At the reception, he completely BLEW US AWAY! The introductions were perfect. People were up and dancing from the start---and I really think his intro set the tone for the rest of the reception. The dance floor was full all night and everyone told us what a great DJ had! We had a total blast!!

I would 100% recommend Beat 2 Beat DJs. They were amazing to work, answered every e-mail right away, met with us as much as we wanted, and their price was unbeatable. Book them for your wedding and you won't be sorry!!!

Sent on 07/24/2012
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/24/2012

Beat 2 Beat DJ's is the way to go! Chris was absolutely fabulous at our wedding. From the start when we met in his studio to the wedding day, Chris has been professional, attentive and amazing. He answered any of my last minute questions, and came through with all of my requests. He did an amazing job of moving the night along, and kept true to my wish of staying low key. He got people out on the dance floor with his selection of songs, and introduced dances and speeches with the right level of fun and professionalism. I highly recommend Beat 2 Beat DJ's to anyone looking for a DJ that will work with them, and make their night a dream come true!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Beat 2 Beat was so much more than I expected out of a DJ! I knew from the beginning that I didn't have to worry! I called Chris Riddle three months before the wedding and asked him to do the music for the ceremony too. He assured me it wasn't a problem and had all the equipment. I know it was my wedding, and I'm probably partial, but it was one of the best weddings I've been to in terms of the amount of people on the dance floor! Chris knew exactly what music to play, how to play to the crowd, and really kept the party going! Beat 2 Beat is top notch and I would 100% recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ. There isn't anything I wanted that I didn't receive.

Sent on 08/30/2012

Angela · Married on 06/02/2012

I cannot say enough good things about Beat 2 Beat DJs. We hired Dan McGinty (DJ5) for our June wedding in Baltimore. He was absolutely AMAZING! We gave Dan a handful of do-not-plays and handful must-plays, and the rest we left up to him (after providing a list of artists and the type of music we tend to like). He really nailed it - the music he chose to play was just perfect for every part of the evening. He's a pro at reading the crowd. At one point I got up from dinner and told him personally that he was doing a fantastic job - he made me so happy with the music he was playing. He really set the tone for the evening, and for that we are so grateful! It was all about the music (which was what we wanted) and when it was time for Dan to speak (wedding party introductions, for example) he nailed that too - major props to him for tackling some pretty hard-to-pronounce names - lol!

Of the DJ vendors we considered, Beat 2 Beat was by far the most responsive, professional, and thorough. Oh and the price was very reasonable too - added bonus! You will not go wrong with them. We are SO glad we chose them and would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!!!!

Sent on 09/01/2012

Joe · Married on 05/27/2012

Beat 2 Beat allowed us to book them on relatively short notice, and our DJ, Dan McGinty, was absolutely great. We are both fairly picky about music, and gave him a pretty sizeable "must play / would be nice / do not play" list and he did a great job of sticking to it while still throwing in a few surprises. The musical flow of our reception was exactly what we were looking for, and Dan did everything we wanted and nothing we didn't. The dance floor was full all night long, and we got tons of compliments the next day. Really really great and can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 07/01/2012

J · Married on 05/20/2012

I can’t say enough about Jon and Beat 2 Beat DJs. We had an out-of-town wedding and I never got the chance to meet with them before the day of. They made the planning seamless and reassured me in the process. Before the reception, I was a little nervous about if Jon would be able to feel and react to the mood and preferences of our guests, but those nerves went out the window as soon as he got to work.

The dance floor didn’t get any rest. The younger guest had a blast, the older guest got their groove on and everyone in between had a great time as well. Go with Beat 2 Beat. You won’t be sorry.

Jon, thanks for making it a great day. All of our guests were raving about you. Chris, thanks to you as well. You made everything so easy.

Sent on 06/08/2012

Alexandra · Married on 05/12/2012

DJ Absolut (Brian) DJ'd our wedding and we couldnt have been more pleased.
    They have a great process before you book them so you can meet and discuss your ideas for the music and get a demo.
    Our guests were dancing all night long and said that the music was the best!

Sent on 06/03/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/12/2012

Dan was the DJ for our wedding reception. He kept everybody on the dance floor and played really great music. The up-lighting that Chris used to decorate our room was gorgeous. It really made a difference in our photos. I would highly recommend this company for DJ and up-lighting services.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Brianna · Married on 05/05/2012

I HIGHLY recommend Beat 2 Beat DJs. Chris Riddle was our DJ this past Saturday and he did an incredible job at the reception. Not only did he confirm that he was pronouncing the bridal party's names correctly, before the entrance, but he also kept the dancing going ALL night long. Chris also happily responded to ALL of my emails about song requests (there were quite a few!) and kindly explained to a guest when a song they requested could not be played due to a request by my family.

Chris was incredibly easy to work with and did a fantastic job!

Thanks again!!

Sent on 05/07/2012

T.F. · Married on 05/05/2012

Extremely professional and flexible to work with. Great suggestions! Worked with us on a play list that included some very obscure nusic for our dinner hour...but went the extra mile to find the music we wanted..My daughter and her husband wanted every one up and dancing and our DJ, Chris, made sure that happened! Chris was a lot of fun to work with.....his enthusiasm aboiut what he does made for a fun night!

Sent on 05/22/2012

Ashley · Married on 05/05/2012

Dan was our DJ and he was AWESOME... He set the entire mood for our wedding and we had a blast! Everyone who attended my wedding keeps talking about it and how great it was and I know that those compliments should be directed to the DJ for keeping the party alive!

Sent on 07/21/2012

Coty · Married on 04/29/2012

I cannot recommend Beat 2 Beat DJs highly enough. Chris (the owner) and Dan (our DJ) were simply great from beginning to end. Chris would respond to emails very quickly, which I really appreciated. We met with Dan once last summer to discuss our general needs, and then communicated by email or phone. We had a very specific music plan for our ceremony, and it went off without a hitch. We also had parts of two songs for our first dance, and he also handled that perfectly. I was able to give Dan my playlist (which was very specific) and he played all of those songs and a few others that went great with my selections. I think Beat 2 Beat is a great company and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 05/12/2012

Melissa · Married on 04/21/2012

I used Beat 2 Beat DJs for my April 2012 wedding and I couldn't be more pleased. Chris was great to work with and was always very friendly and professional. A month before the wedding, we provided him with a timeline of our day. He was a great emcee and kept everything transitioning smoothly. He played all the songs that we wanted to hear and kept the dance floor going.I highly recommend using Beat 2 Beat DJs for your wedding.

Sent on 05/07/2012

Kim · Married on 04/18/2012

It is evident that the DJ's at Beat 2 Beat are passionate about their work. They went above and beyond in exceeding our expectations. It was a pleasure to work with a company that is committed to professionalism, flexibility and responsiveness to their clients.

Sent on 07/12/2012

Karlin · Married on 04/01/2012

Beat 2 Beat was exceptional from beginning to end. Very professional and easy to work with. Would definitely reccommend them!

Sent on 04/22/2012

Brenna · Married on 12/17/2011

We had the opportunity to work with Brian from Beat 2 Beat for our wedding reception, and how lucky we were. The music that Brian played throughout the evening was absolutely amazing and perfect, and as a result, our party was that much more phenomenal. We honestly couldn’t have asked for a better DJ. From our initial meeting with Beat 2 Beat, to the minor coordination via phone and email, to our actual reception, the professionalism and expertise that Beat 2 Beat, specifically Brian, demonstrated was amazing. For us, the DJ / music at our reception was top priority – we wanted a “party,” and Brian gave us exactly that and so much more. The dance floor was NEVER empty, and the great time and awesome atmosphere already present was only exaggerated by Brian’s remarkable talent to read a crowd and know exactly what’s needed to keep the momentum going. To any couple who is on the search for a great DJ company, and who likes a great party and dancing like crazy, look no further than Beat 2 Beat.

Sent on 01/11/2012

Johanna · Married on 10/09/2011

Thank you Dan and Chris for working with us in making our day a huge success and a lot of fun!

Sent on 10/25/2011