Bean Counter Bakery Reviews

212 | Shrewsbury, MA

212 Reviews for Bean Counter Bakery

Angela · Married on 07/14/2014

The bean counter did an AMAZING job on our wedding cake! It was the center piece to my entire wedding! We had soooo many compliments on how gorgeous it looked!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Jeany · Married on 07/05/2014

Our wedding cake was beautiful and delisious. Everything we wanted and more.

Sent on 10/10/2014

Melissa · Married on 07/04/2014

We ordered a smaller cake (one tier, 10 inches) just to cut and display at our wedding. It was beautiful and just what we wanted (ruffle cake with a few small roses and flower details.) The cake itself was delicious - definitely reccomend the s'mores cake! Alice was great to work with and was very prompt and responsive. She is very detail oriented and will ensure that your cake is exactly what you want! We would certainly recommend Bean Counter for your Big Day!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Mandee · Married on 06/28/2014

Our cake was part of the package that we chose from out venue, but we had a choice of a few bakeries. We chose the Bean Counter because it was by far the best option, without a doubt. We chose a simple design and I couldn't have been more happy with it. It was absolutely gorgeous and fit perfectly with our style. The cake itself was delicious, the lemon filling was ideal for our summer wedding, and we receieved many compliments and rave reviews of the flavor. The Bean Counter staff is very knowledgeable, and they knew exactly what time to deliver the cake so that the buttercream would be at the perfect temperature for our reception. Although I was super busy that day and wasn't there for the actual delivery, everything was pefect by the time I arrived, and I couldn't have asked for more!

Sent on 06/19/2015

Katie · Married on 06/21/2014

I was the type of bride who thought she knew what she wanted and then, one month prior to the wedding, wanted to add on new things. One of those things was a custom wedding cake. We were originally just going to go with a simple, plain cake from our venue to cut and call a day, but then Pinterest showed me I wanted different. The theme of our wedding was "A Love Story," so wouldn't a wedding cake that looked like a stack of books be so appropriate and cute?!? I thought so too, and that's what led me to The Bean Counter Bakery. Our cake was three tiers and I was able to work with Mary to make it exactly what we wanted - the bottom tier was my favorite book "To Kill a Mockingbird," the second tier was my husband's favorite, "Harry Potter," and the top book said "Katie and Dan" (our names) because our cake topper said "Our Story Begins." We absolutely LOVED it, and received so many compliments on how beautiful it was as well as how delicious (we did chocolate cake with peanut butter filling)!!!!! Thank you, Mary! We loved it!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Andy · Married on 06/13/2014

We met with Alice after searching far and wide for a vegan wedding cake. Our wedding was at the Red Barn in Amherst, and we could not find a local wedding cake baker that would make vegan cakes (which, if you know the area, was a SURPRISE to us!). When we met with Alice, we booked her for our wedding cake on the spot. The cakes she provided for the tasting were AMAZING and when we started to talk design, she knew exactly what we wanted. We ended up going with a two-tiered vegan chocolate cake - the top layer with espresso chocolate chip filling, and the lower layer with a raspberry jam filling.
    When we saw it on the day of the wedding, we were amazed - it looked exactly how we imagined, just maybe a little nicer. Even though our guests knew they were coming to a vegan wedding, they were surprised to learn that the cake was vegan.
    We highly recommend meeting with Alice at the Bean Counter and speaking with her. She is a true pro. Luckily we don't live too far from the Bean Counter, because ever since we finished the cake, we have been craving MORE!!!

Sent on 07/01/2014

the cake was the most incredible tasting looking food I have ever had

Sent on 12/31/2015

Antonia · Married on 11/23/2013

Thank You Alice for the beautiful wedding cake you made for my daughter. It looked perfect! Exactly as she had envisioned. It also was delicious. Our guest raved about all three flavors. Thank You also for your guidance in making the flavor and decorative decisions. You and your staff are the best!

Sent on 12/04/2013

Monica · Married on 10/26/2013

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED my cake!!!! I was indecisive on what I wanted my cake to look like because there were several different styles that I liked. Alice was fantastic and was able to pull all the ideas together and she created the cake of my dreams! And it was absolutely delicious. All my guests raved!!!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Karyn · Married on 09/28/2013

We ordered our wedding cake from the Bean Counter in Shrewsbury and it was to die for! The flavors were delicious and the design came out exactly how I had envisioned it. I loved that I had the opportunity to sample all of the flavors prior to ordering the cake and they were able to deliver the cake to my home at the exact time I wanted it. At the end of the night, there was only 2 pieces left and everyone was asking where we got our cake from. I would surely use them again.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Great bakery, great cake, great experience. Got to have a complimentary tasting with two 6 inch cakes that we got to take home. Lots of pictures and ideas to look at during the meeting. Cake was beautiful, exactly how I was thinking of it. Cake was delicious and delivered on time.

Sent on 08/14/2013

My cake was gorgeous and incredibly fresh. We even received a complimentary cake stand for the day of the wedding since we were using a preferred vendor for the reception. So many options and super professional!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Catie · Married on 06/22/2013

We had the pleasure of finding Bean Counter when trying to decide on where to get our wedding cake from. To say that I was a scattered bride when it came to figuring out what I wanted for things like my cake would be an understatement! Linda helped piece together a vision for us, going out of her way to create the perfect cake for our event down to the littlest of details. It was obvious from the beginning that she is deeply committed to serving each and every client/customer in any way possible.

Not only was the cake that was created for our wedding beautiful in every way, it was by far the most delicious cake I have ever tasted! Guests raved, as well.

We are so lucky that after much searching for the right wedding cake vendor we found Linda and the Bean Counter staff. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Do yourself a favor and set up a tasting- your design and ideas will come to life, and you will sample some of the best cake you can imagine!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Ann · Married on 05/25/2013

We didn't even consider another baker for out wedding--easy to work with, beautiful designs, and AMAZING taste. and if you bring in a photo of your wedding you get a small cake for free!

Sent on 05/27/2013

Alice helped us design a beautiful wedding cake and a customized groom's cake.
    She took both the cost, number of guests and our tastes and style prefers into account.
    She is very creative and really tries to deliver on delighting the bride and groom.
    Cake was delicious and I only wished we had more time to enjoy very last bite!
    Take a picture of your wedding cake and give to the bakery, so that you can get a small cake on your first anniversary!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Nikki · Married on 05/04/2013

We knew long before we even got engaged that we wanted our cake from the Bean Counter. It's that good!

Our tasting was such a great experience. alice worked with us on our design, flavors, and didn't balk at our small budget. She helped us get the most bang for our buck and the cake looked beautiful.

We got a chocolate cake with a raspberry buttercream filling and it was absolutely delicious. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/13/2013

Alice baked my sister's wedding cake a year ago and we knew right away that we wanted her to bake ours as well. You meet with her ahead of time to taste cakes and go over the design. They are all delicious so it is difficult to pick a flavor! She takes it from there. My cake was delivered and set up with the flowers that the florist had dropped off. It was beautiful and tasted great!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Joanna · Married on 01/13/2013

Everyone raved about our cake - we even had guests who were excited to hear that we had used the Bean Counter! We were treated like gold all throughout the process. The cake was exquisite, both in the way it looked and the way it tasted. The ingredients were completely natural: I've had wedding cakes that have that weird "gel" filling, and the Bean Counter's filling was more like a whipped mousse.

Sent on 02/11/2013

Jen · Married on 12/22/2012

I recently ordered a groom's cake from Bean Counter Bakery. I asked for it to be in the shape of a lobster and it was amazing! My husband was very excited :) Many of the little kids thought it was a real (big) boiled lobster and dragged their parents over to see! It was also a delicious cake. You can't go wrong with their cake!

Sent on 01/07/2013

Our cake was beautiful and tasted even better then it looked!!

Sent on 09/01/2012

Christie · Married on 08/25/2012

The Bean Counter made a cake that was catered to exactly what we wanted. It was beautiful.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Nicole · Married on 08/11/2012

Alice at the Bean Counter made my husband and I the perfect wedding cake! She listened to every detail I asked for and the cake looked and tasted perfect the day of the wedding! My fiancé was deployed when I got to try the cake, so when he returned the month before the wedding she even made him a small sample cake so he could try it before the wedding, which I thought was amazing! The whole bakery is great and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding cake in the area!

Sent on 08/16/2012

The Bean Counter was hands down the best choice for a wedding cake. It wads amazing!! Alice was such a peach to work with. I have nothing but good things to say. :)

Sent on 09/05/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/26/2012

Alice is great!! The cakes are amazing tasting! The cake was so beautiful I did not want to but it when it was time! It was everything I pictured!!!!

Sent on 06/07/2012
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 11/26/2011

Delicious and beautiful... what more do you want. Maybe personalized service and great communication?? The Bean Counter did that as well.... wonderful and easy vendor to work with and the cake tasted delicious!!

Sent on 12/20/2011