Bean Counter Bakery Reviews

212 | Shrewsbury, MA

212 Reviews for Bean Counter Bakery

Tara · Married on 12/05/2015

Alice is an absolute joy to work with! As a part of our wedding package for our venue, my husband and I were able to choose between three vendors to create our wedding cake. I've always heard such positive comments about the Bean Counter so it was any easy decision to work with Alice. I have to say, I am not a fan of dessert whatsoever, but the cake tasting was one of my absolute favorite parts of the wedding process! First off, the cake is absolutely amazing (and if you knew me, you'd know how weird it is for me to say that)!!! Secondly, Alice went above and beyond to design the perfect cake for us, including the exact shade and texture of gold we wanted. You can tell she truly loves her job and cares about her customers. We definitely plan to use the Bean Counter again for future events!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Marissa · Married on 11/06/2015

Choosing our cake was one of the funnest components of planning our wedding. I found Bean Counter through Wedding Wire and when we met Alice and got to see the creations she prepared for us, I knew we made a great decision! When I saw our cake on our wedding day, it was exactly what I was looking for - absolutely beautiful! I am so happy the venue boxed up the extras for my husband and I because we did not have a moment to sit and enjoy our own cake! But when we got back to the hotel and finally got to have a taste, it was amazing!! I recommend Bean Counter to everyone! Fair pricing (they don't charge by slice!), easy to work with, and delicious creations!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2015

Alice was a pleasure to work with. Our cake was simple and elegant but it was (and I quote) the best wedding cake our guests have ever had. We highly recommend the Bean Counter Bakery and even though I live in CT (our venue was about 20 mins from the bakery) I plan on using the Bean Counter Bakery again in the future.

Our cake was meant to feed 100-150.

Sent on 11/21/2015

Alice · Married on 10/09/2015

Alice created the exact cake I wanted! She had us sold at the tasting, which was professional and personal. We picked 5 favors to try and when we got there there were two mini cakes baked for us with each of the flavors. Our actual wedding cake was beautiful and more importantly delicious!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Anne · Married on 10/03/2015

Delish! People made it a point to come up to me to compliment me on our wedding cake. Alice is such a pleasure to work with. She was recommended by our Officiant (Mike Backer) and we could not have been happier.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Marissa · Married on 10/03/2015

I have to admit, I am a cake lover! There are times at weddings people leave unimpressed with the food or dessert, some guests comment that they never received a piece, so when it came to our wedding cake, we wanted to be sure that our guests enjoyed every moment of the entire day, even the cake! Let me just say, that if our guests could have taken home leftoevers of just the cake, they would have loaded their bags and purses and done so! We are still hearing from our guests on how delicious the cake was at our wedding! Alice at the Bean Counter took our vision and put it all into place, down to the design details. We cannot wait to have an excuse to order another cake from them soon and are also looking forward to our 1 year anniversary when we will be sure eating the delicious combination again! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Our wedding cake process started with a tasting and consultation with the owner, who is very talented and definitely knows how to make great tasting, high quality cakes! I absolutely adore the bakery and every time I went in was sure to get some gluten free goodies and a coffee :)
    She was very accommodating and I even had to change the cake a little due to the number of guests attending. She was happy to make those changes! We had a 3 tier pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting and chocolate raspberry with white chocolate frosting. The cake was white with beautiful sugar fall leaves. It was absolutely delicious and beautiful!!!! Everyone loved it!!! I would definitely recommend this bakery to any one getting a wedding cake or even cupcakes, pastries and plenty of GF options!

Sent on 11/21/2015

The Bean Counter Bakery was awesome. The complimentary tasting gave us the opportunity to really customize our cake flavors. Alice was wonderful in helping us take our ideas and make them a reality in the cake design. The cake came out better than we could have imagined and tasted amazing. Our guests could not stop talking about how much they enjoyed the cake.

Sent on 10/01/2015

The team at the Bean Counter Bakery created a beautiful cake for my wedding! They were able to take my vision (which had changed many times) and make it come to life. Additionally, my husband wanted a gluten free and vegan cake, due to dietary restrictions. They were able to do that no problem, without being able to taste a difference. All of the wedding guests raved about the cake. I would definitely recommend to any future bride!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Everything from beginning to end was a pleasure. Alice made the entire process easy and fun; she even explained the science behind her process for myself and my family. She us twice and gave us more attention than we ever expected, making our decision super easy. The cake was perfect too!

Sent on 12/26/2015

We only visited one cake vendor. We tried several different flavors and it was all delicious. It was great to see so many photos of other wedding cakes they've done. We were glad to bring the leftover samples to share with our family.

Alice was very professional and we really enjoyed our meeting and cake tasting with her. She was very professional and it was clear we could trust her with our wedding cake.

We had asked the baker to add our cake topper when the cake was delivered to the venue, as well as some additional flowers below the cake pedestal. I provided a diagram on how I'd like that set up and it came out beautifully.

We only had a bite of cake the wedding day, but were able to enjoy a full slice the following day and that was delicious. We can't wait to get to celebrate our 1st anniversary with a version of the cake.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Our wedding cake was exactly what we wanted- beautiful and delicious! Alice does a wonderful job helping you design your cake and recommending flavor combinations. The double chocolate is my personal favorite. The cake was perfectly fresh on our wedding day and all of our guests enjoyed it!

Sent on 07/15/2015

Alison · Married on 05/16/2015

Alice at the Bean Counter is fabulous! Working with her has been one of the highlights of my wedding planning so far. We went to visit for a tasting for the wedding cake, and she completely understood our vision and helped us design exactly what we had in mind. I am also working with her on a surprise groom's cake - just couldn't get enough. The flavors are not only amazing, the service is as well, which is a huge comfort while wedding planning! Alice is extremely responsive, professional, and patient. I expect I'll be going to Alice for cakes for many occasions in the future!

Sent on 12/07/2014

Briana · Married on 05/15/2015

Our cake came out amazing, it was so gorgeous and yummy!!! Everyone was making comments on how pretty the cake was! Thank you so much Alice and her team at the Bean Counter Bakery for adding a special yummy touch to our wedding!! :)

THANK YOU!

Sent on 05/22/2015

Tracy · Married on 05/02/2015

Alice from Bean Counter Bakery is so nice, professional, and the cake was amazing. We got the buttermilk chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and it was soooo good! I was also able to send her some things for the cake form San Diego and she used her best judgment to make the cake look great! Thanks so much Alice!

Sent on 05/07/2015

Meghan · Married on 05/02/2015

Loved working with Alice. Our cake was incredible!! We got the white chocolate and strawberry filing with buttercream frosting. Everyone loved it.

Sent on 06/02/2015

Ambyre · Married on 04/18/2015

Working with Alice at the Bean Counter Bakery was such a pleasure, and couldn't have been easier! Not only is their cake absolutely delicious, but Alice made the process of choosing flavors and designing our cake so simple. On the day of our wedding, the cake looked exactly as we had imagined it, and so many of our guests commented on how amazing the cake tasted! I couldn't have been happier with how our wedding cake turned out.

Sent on 05/14/2015

Jackie · Married on 04/11/2015

Everyone loved our wedding cake! We selected 2 flavors: vanilla with raspberry and chocolate with chocolate mousse. I didn't have any cake on our wedding day (night flew by and totally missed it), but I heard guests wanted more chocolate and they ran out!
    I thought the pricing and options were very reasonable. We wanted a smaller tier cake to have on display but didn't want to break the bank doing so. We opted for a 2 tier to have on display and the rest was sheet cake. This strategy helped keep the cost down.
    We met with Alice a few months or so before our wedding. We pre-selected several flavors to try at that meeting and we also went over style of the cake. Although the design I originally wanted would have cost more to do so, I instead opted for a compromise version of my pinterest find :) . The cake came out great!!

Sent on 05/17/2015

Alice was lovely to work with and provided a wide range of flavor and design options for our wedding cake. it came out amazing and we were just thrilled with what was presented for our day.

Sent on 01/26/2015

Bridget · Married on 12/04/2014

My husband and I were married at city hall December 4, 2009. We decided to have our marriage blessed on December 4, 2014, in the church. I ended up getting pregnant and my husband and I were contemplating holding off. We ultimately decided to have the ceremony. I tasted one of Alice's cakes during a wedding expo years before. I never forgot how good that sample tasted. My husband and I connected with Alice and set up a tasting. She was very accommodating and reasonable about our budget. We picked out our cake samples ahead of time. We sat down and tasted every flavor. And that sweet memory came rushing back to me. She recommend different styles and drew us a picture of our cake, it was exactly what I wanted it. She color matched the flowers to my specification. The cake was delicious. Everyone raved about the cake, it was perfect! I couldn't of asked for a better looking or tasting cake. Alice was amazing! The cake was delicious.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Megan · Married on 10/18/2014

Our cake was so delicious, I wish I had eaten more of it! It was very simple which is exactly what I wanted. Alice made the buttercream frosting so smooth, it looked like fondant! We did two different flavors on our three tier cake. The only thing I was disappointed about was we did not eat more of it, I can't wait for our anniversary!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Kerry · Married on 10/11/2014

I am so glad we were recommended to check into the Bean Counter. Alice and the team at The Bean Counter are simply the best! We reached out to the Bean Counter as a last minute cry for help when we had to change bakeries just two months shy of our wedding. Alice replied right away to my frantic email asking if they were still available for short notice. Not only was Alice extremely accommodating on short notice, but her and the staff’s talent made our cake not only beautiful, but delicious as well!

Alice and her team have an enthusiasm and passion for delivering beautiful wedding cakes, pastries, desserts and coffee!! Every time I went there for a meeting or to make a payment, I didn’t leave without purchasing some sort of delicious baked good to share with others. The quality of their baked goods goes above and beyond what you typically find. Everything is all natural ingredients, and FRESH. One special thing to note, our wedding cake was delivered just an hour before our reception to maintain optimal freshness – they pride themselves on never freezing the cake. And that quality shines through in the taste of their products. Our guests raved over how fabulous and delicious the cake was at our wedding. We had two unique flavors that were sentimental to us and helped bring a little bit more of our personalities to our wedding day. Two weeks later, I still have family commenting on how much they wish they could have another piece of our wedding cake!

A final note, the design, customization and decorating talent cannot be matched. They have some amazing techniques available to make your cake a true work of art. We had a beautiful lace overlay on our cake, entirely edible, that looked like it was actually real lace! And we were able to incorporate a special piece of my grandmother’s jewelry, which gave me a sense that she could be there with us. They took our stress of finding a wedding cake on short notice right away, and we are so grateful!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Kristin · Married on 09/27/2014

The Bean counter was great! Great service and quick to respond for any question you may think of. At the tasting the owner takes the time to get to you know you and create whatever type of cake you may be looking for. There are plenty of books to give you wonderful ideas on just about anything and if you think up something new the owner will draw it right up for you. She was amazing and so was the cake!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/13/2014

The Bean Counter was included as part of our package at our venue. They were amazing, the cakes were delicious and they were very helpful in finding a way to get us the cake we wanted within our budget. I would highly recommend them to my friends and family!

Sent on 09/15/2014

By far the most delicous and beautiful wedding cake. Alice was so accomodating and easy to work with, not to mention the rave reviews from guests about how delicious the cake was!!

Sent on 12/22/2014