Bean Counter Bakery Reviews

212 | Shrewsbury, MA

212 Reviews for Bean Counter Bakery

Jennifer · Married on 07/15/2017

Alice's cake is so moist and the frosting absolutely perfect (not too sweet). This doesn't taste like a typical stiff/dry wedding cake and we couldn't be more pleased.
    It was also beautiful! We paid a little extra to choose three different flavors and they were all big hits with our guests.
    Alice also helped me out by delivering a birthday cake for my husband to the venue so I didn't have to worry about it on my wedding day.

Sent on 07/18/2017
  • Z_Runner

Zaida · Married on 06/24/2017

Bean Counter had the best cake in Massachusetts. We order the “snowflake” cake (my favorite) and our guests devoured the cake. Everyone was raging about how good the cake was. But it doesn’t stop there- Alice and the people and the bean counter brought my vision of the cake to life. The cake looked like a 2-tier trunk of a birch tree, with fresh berries in each layer.
    I was a bit afraid that the cake needed to travel around 100+ miles to the venue, but the delivery was right on time and the cake was just perfect! Thank you for making our wedding special!

Sent on 07/03/2017
  • Anastasia

Anastasia · Married on 06/18/2017

Wedding planning can be stressful trying to make sure everything is perfect, it's nice to have great vendors that make your wedding day stress free!

My husband and I got married last month June 18, 2017 at Grandview in Mendon,MA and were told that we had our wedding cake included in our wedding package up to a certain $ amount. Grandview had a preferred wedding cake vendor and we weren't impressed. So I got onto The Knot and came across Bean Counter Bakery where I was directed to speak to Alice Lombardi, owner of Bean Counter Bakery. I spoke with her on the phone and set up a tasting.

We went in for our cake tasting and tried the Red Velvet which they had as a cupcake and the chocolate with chocolate mousse. She had cookies and cream filling in there for my husband because he LOVES oreos! We were very pleased with Alice taking the time to sit with us and answer any questions we had and for someone who isn't a cake fan I LOVED the cake!!!

We e-mailed back and forth on designs for the wedding cake and finally came up with a wedding cake design I liked! She also let me look at cake toppers as well!

Fast forward to the day of the wedding our cake arrived in a timely manner and was set up. We cut our cake and when I say it cut like butter it did!!! The cake was so good! We got compliments from all of our guest on the cake!

I will be sure to refer Alice at Bean Counter to any friends who are having parties or getting married in the near future! Alice thank you so much for all your hard work! We will be sending you a photo of our cake so that we may get a voucher for our anniversary cake!

Sincerely,

Anastasia Howard
    (Mr.& Mrs. Schmidt)

Sent on 07/06/2017

Eileen · Married on 06/17/2017

I had a three tiered wedding cake made from the Bean Counter and a dozen gluten free cupcakes for some of the guests. It looked great and everything was delicious. I picked the funfetti flavor and my fiance picked the chocolate. Both were devoured at the wedding. People were going back for seconds.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Taryn · Married on 06/17/2017

We had our cake tasting at Bean Counter Bakery and instantly fell in love! Alice did an excellent job communicating with me and making sure that our wedding cake was everything we wanted. Our three tiered cake with sugared pearls separating the layers was perfect for our romantic themed wedding!

Sent on 06/29/2017
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/04/2017

We ordered a small cake from them as we were having a small wedding with other dessert options available - we got the Strawberry Snowflake Cake & it was amazing! I haven't eaten a whole slice of cake in a while but I could have eaten more then one slice! All of our guests loved it & kept saying how good it was. I plan on making another trip to get another one for a birthday or anniversary.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Eileen · Married on 04/22/2017

Bean Counter was great; everything was so easy to get set up. The tasting was organized well (and delicious!) and the prep for the wedding was so easy; they coordinated directly with our venue for delivery and timing and everything. Hard to beat a place that lets you a) achieve your dream of having funfetti cake at your wedding and b) provides cinnamon buns to augment a breakfast-themed reception!

Sent on 05/29/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/22/2017

We ordered our wedding cake from Bean Counter and were very happy with our choice! Our venue gave us a few bakeries to choose from and hands down they had the best tasting cake. We had the white chocolate and strawberry filling that was out of this world. Our cake was tastefully decorated and matched the vision and description I had to a tee. Thank you!

Sent on 06/20/2017
  • April

April · Married on 02/25/2017

Amazing!.....I have been to so many weddings where the cake is just ok or it tastes like it was made ahead of time and then frozen, that was not the case with the Bean Counter! Everything was amazing from the tasting, to the 6" cake that my husband and I cut, to the 180+ cupcakes that they made for all of our guests! I received so many compliments on how good the cupcakes were, if I had room I would have eaten one of each! Alice was great to work with everything went so smoothly with their whole team! If you are wondering whether or not to use the Bean Counter, go try some of their cake, it speaks for itself!

Sent on 03/10/2017

Marykate · Married on 01/21/2017

This cake was the most delicious cake I have ever had in my life, and every guest who had cake felt the same way! The Bean Counter was very easy to work with, and we even sat with one of the owners to help design our cake and go through the cake tasting with. Having attended WPI with one of the BC locations across from campus, I felt pretty strongly about the quality of bakery and was leaning going in the direction of choosing them - but the tasting and designing experience so blew away my now husband there was no doubt we were going to choose them! Bean Counter was also able to accommodate my gluten-free maid of honor and other guests with their own cupcakes - that attention to our needs was very appreciated, and my MOH was so thankful to have a sweet treat! Look forward to getting another cake for future celebrations from Bean Counter!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Julie · Married on 12/17/2016

Nothing but good things to say. We loved our cake and everyone we dealt with at the Bean Counter. The format for our tasting was very comfortable and personal. Once we chose our design we never had to worry about a thing, the cake showed up looking spectacular and tasting great on our big day.

Sent on 01/09/2017

Lauren · Married on 12/16/2016

Alice and her team were amazing! Alice made us the perfect wedding cake that was delicious, beautiful and unique! We also got a mini cake for my husband who wanted a specific flavor and that was delicious too!

Alice was extremely helpful during the design process and I love how detail oriented and focused on quality she is.

We also had mini pasties for the tables and those were unbelievably tasty and beautiful.

I highly recommend Alice and the Bean Counter Bakery!

Sent on 01/16/2017

BEST CAKE I HAVE EVER TASTED! They were so amazing and so accommodating!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Jillian · Married on 10/08/2016

It's been almost a year since our wedding and our friends are STILL asking us about our wedding cake! Hands down best vendor decision - Alice was so lovely and responsive, easy to work with and let us take our time as we chose the design for our wedding cake. And the cake - I still dream about it, it was so delicious and fresh! We had 3 fillings, and they were all absolutely devine! Thanks, Alice, for making our day so wonderful!

Sent on 09/11/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband and I booked with the Bean Counter after having one meeting with Alice Lombardi...we never even met with any other bakeries because we loved her cake and the vision she drew up for us so much. She is seriously a cake genius!!! She was extremely professional and prompt in returning our calls and emails. Our cake was vanilla with white cream and strawberry filling and it was the most delicious cake I have ever had in my entire life! She really listened to my vision of what I wanted the cake to look like, and it was everything I wanted and more! She is so skilled at piping and other cake decorating techniques, we had so many compliments on how beautiful (and delicious!) it was! Alice was also able to accommodate for one of my bridesmaids who eats a gluten free diet. She was able to create exactly the same flavors in a gluten free way, which I was so appreciative of! We had originally planned for one cake topper, but eventually decided with Alice that it was too heavy and switched to a floral cake topper instead made by our florist--she was so easy to work with during this last minute change, and I couldn't have pictured my cake any other way. It was absolutely stunning and I cant wait to eat it again on our anniversary!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Autumn · Married on 09/23/2016

Alice did a wonderful job with our cake. It came out exactly as I pictured it and she was able to accommodate a small topper into the design that wasn't planned for ahead of time. Not only was the cake beautiful it tasted wonderful. Several people commented on how good it was.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Marissa · Married on 09/17/2016

Very easy to work with! Cake was beautiful and tasted amazing- we went with a strawberry cheesecake filling!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Robin · Married on 08/19/2016

Our wedding cake was amazing thanks to the Bean Counter! We met with Alice prior, and she was great about sitting down with us to review all of the different flavored and styles. We ended up choosing to go with their infamous snowflake cake, and everyone loved it! She was very easy to work with and definitely has a knack for detail. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/05/2016
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 07/30/2016

Alice and her team at the Bean Counter Bakery are fabulous! They made us the most beautiful and delicious cake and even offered fabulous Gluten-Free Cupcake options for my mother in-law who has a gluten allergy! Everyone was raving about how delicious everything was!! Highly recommend using them!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Samantha · Married on 07/22/2016

Alice and her team of artists did a FABULOUS job on our wedding cake. It not only was stunningly beautiful but it tasted delicious as well. Chocolate chip cannoli filled and red raspberry cream. So happy with our choices.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Courtney · Married on 07/08/2016

Wonderful people to work with - always smiling and ready to help! We chose a 4 tier cake with 2 different flavors! It was absolutely beautiful and tasted delicious!! I love that if you send in a formal picture of your wedding cake from your photographer you can get a free 6inch cake on your 1 year anniversary. I love the idea of enjoying a fresh cake rather than a frozen for a year cake on your anniversary!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Megan · Married on 06/04/2016

Our wedding cake was beautiful, as well as tasty. My guests loved it and Alice is a wonderful woman to work with. She is so easy and responsive. I'm looking forward to going back to get more treats from her for future events.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Katharine · Married on 05/28/2016

The bean counter was fantastic! Our cake was beautiful and tasted just like it did when we did our tasting. In one word - incredible! Everyone at the wedding loved it. They were very accommodating with custom designs, and very helpful in putting a design together. We planned most of our wedding remotely and they worked with us every step of the way.

Sent on 06/21/2016

Kristin · Married on 05/07/2016

This place is incredible!! So easy to work with and the cakes are absolutely out of this world. Before our first meeting Alice and I exchanged emails so that we could pick a few different flavor combinations of cake and filling to try and they were ready right when we got there. They're individually made small round cakes and we got to take all the leftovers home - they didn't last long. She explained how the whole process would work and completely understood what we were looking for. She was genuinely excited to make our wedding cake. She's very responsive to email and answered all of my questions. When it came to the day of the wedding our cake was absolutely perfect and looked EXACTLY like I imagined it would. It was also the most delicious cake I've ever eaten - seriously. I would recommend the Bean Counter to any couples looking for a wedding cake or really for any cake at all.

Sent on 06/16/2016

Samantha · Married on 04/30/2016

Bean Counter Bakery serves the most delicious cake and cupcakes! Alice (owner) worked with us in creating a customized menu of 10 dozen cupcakes and our own personalized 6" cake. My husband and I love Boston cream pie but since it has to be kept refrigerated and we wanted to have our cake on display at our wedding, Alice worked on creating a special recipe that we tried during our tasting that allowed us to have our Boston cream and cake too! She was responsive to all my e-mails and they were very flexible when I needed to add on a few extra dozen cupcakes with the wedding only a week away! Guests raved all night long about how good the cupcakes were and loved all the different flavors. With so many great options you cannot go wrong with the Bean Counter for your wedding!

Sent on 05/16/2016