Bean Counter Bakery Reviews

212 Reviews for Bean Counter Bakery

• Laura

Laura B. · Married on 11/11/2018

So Delicious!

Our cake was so delicious that the only bite we got was the one when we cut our cake! I have never been to a wedding where the guests eat all the cake but we heard for days on end after our wedding how amazing everyone thought our cake was and how they went back for seconds! By the time we got a chance to eat some, it was all gone! And not because we didn't order enough - almost everyone got seconds!
    They even made gluten free and vegan cupcakes for our wedding party who had allergies!
    Absolutely amazing - can't wait for our anniversary cake!

Sent on 01/14/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2018

Best cake ever!

Our wedding cake from the Bean Counter was absolutely delicious. Guests were coming up to us saying it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. Not only was it delicious, it was beautiful too. We had a grooms cake made for my husband and it came out great too. It was a football with an Alabama "A" on it which is just what we wanted! Everyone from there was great to work with. Everyone should get their cake from The Bean Counter!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Meredith · Married on 10/06/2018

Best wedding cake!

We ordered our four tiered wedding cake from the Bean Counter for our wedding a few weeks ago. It was so beautiful and was the most delicious cake any of our guests had ever tasted! Alice is such a kind person and really went out of her way to ensure our cake was perfect. It could not have been better! The whole team at the Bean Counter is so nice and they are so professional. They truly just want to make sure that you have a beautiful cake for your special day! We cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Chelsea

Chelsea G. · Married on 10/06/2018

our wedding

Alice was so easy to work with. Our cake tasting was so much fun and so many wonderful kinds to choose from. She helped us choose just the right cake for 200 people. Many compliments on how beautiful the cake looked and the one compliment I heard over and over again was: This is the Best cake I have ever had". I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Savannah · Married on 09/22/2018

The Bean Counter Bakery were the super heroes of our wedding day! I realized amidst the chaos that is wedding planning I hadnt fully confirmed the cake, I realized this at 730AM the day of our wedding!!! Alice at the Bean Counter jumped into action and helped me plan the perfect cake and it was delivered before our 6PM ceremony! The cake was gorgeous, delicious and I cannot thank everyone at the Bean Counter enough for impeccable customer service and a great product!! I highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/02/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 09/14/2018

best cake ever

oh my goodness I cannot explain how much I loved our cake from Bean Counter! I am gluten free but didn't want my guests to be stuck with a gluten free cake, so was going to order my own and then get a regular one for everyone else. Then we tried Alice's cakes and the gluten free was so good that we decided we only needed one! Everyone raved about how good it was and I'm already looking forward to ordering a smaller one every year for our anniversary.

Sent on 10/26/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley T. · Married on 09/02/2018

Absolutely amazing!!!

Alice and her team are absolutely amazing!! We had so much fun at our tasting and the end result left us speechless! They made our wedding day complete! Guests are still raving about our cake and they loved that it was funfetti, silly just like my husband and I! Being a cake decorator/baker, this was the part I was the most worried about. Would I find someone to be able to match what I am looking for? Alice is so pleasant and very fun to work with! Thank you so much Bean Counter for really making our day special!!!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 07/28/2018

Bean Counter Bakery was associated with our venue so we decided to us Alice. The cake was AMAZING! We went in for cake tasting before the wedding and couldn't make a decision because they were all so delicious. We ended up choosing a different flavor or each layer of our cake! We can't wait to get another cake next summer for our one year anniversary!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Megan · Married on 07/28/2018

We used Bean Counter Bakery for our wedding cake and absolutely loved it! We got many compliments on it from our guests. Would highly recommend for your future wedding cake. Our cake was beautifully decorated and delicious!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Amanda · Married on 07/21/2018

Most amazing wedding cake!! It looked beautiful, exactly how I wanted it to and tasted delicious!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Jessica · Married on 07/14/2018

The tasting was a lot of fun - we go to choose a few flavors to try. Once we made our decisions on flavors, we were able to discuss the design with Alice. Overall, a very simple process and did not lead to any unnecessary stress. Highly recommend! And the cakes are delicious!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2018

The best cake ever!

Alice was wonderful to work with and helped us design our dream wedding cake. During the tasting, the flavors were so good that we had a hard time narrowing it down for the big day. Alice and her team delivered the cake on time and it looked absolutely perfect. And tasted amazing! It has been almost a year, and I am still getting compliments on how good the cake was, which speaks volumes to the quality that Bean Counter offers. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Ashley · Married on 06/23/2018

If you are looking for a bakery to bring your wedding cake vision to life you must check out The Bean Counter. Alice was wonderful at creating the perfect vision while keeping within our budget. Our Lemon cake with fresh raspberries was delicious and perfect for our summer wedding! You won’t regret using them for any of your special occasions.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Danielle · Married on 06/23/2018

Our wedding cake could not have been better. I have a dairy allergy, so making sure there was an option for me (the bride) was very important. Mary was sure to work with me regarding a dairy free option, even though the cake had dairy. She suggested doing an "upside down" cupcake to match the cake. She personalized the cake tasting for my husband and I and took her time thoroughly explaining to us the different flavors she has. She is professional, attentive, and a wonderful baker. Her enthusiasm for her craft is palpable.

Thanks again Mary,
    Michael and Danielle Smith

Sent on 07/21/2018

Rebecca · Married on 06/02/2018

The Bean Counter made the most BEAUTIFUL and delicious wedding cake of all time! Thank you for all of your hard work!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Monica · Married on 05/26/2018

The Bean Counter provided us with an absolutely delicious and beautiful wedding cake! They are fabulous if you have any sort of food allergies and they were able to do a gluten free layer which was so yummy and some vegan/gf cupcakes for some of our other guests with allergies. They were very professional and organized. I highly recommend them. Thank you Bean Counter!

Sent on 06/27/2018
  • Ali

Ali B. · Married on 04/08/2018

Spectacular!

Tasting the Bean Counter samples was our favorite part of wedding planning! Alice will help you figure out your options and make your vision a reality. It was delivered exactly right. It looked so elegant, the crumb was moist, the frosting and filling were fluffy and sweet, but not overly sugary. We celebrated our one year anniversary, and family and friend are still talking about our beautiful and delicious wedding cake. It froze excellently too, which is important to keep with the one year anniversary tradition!

Sent on 01/17/2020

Colleen · Married on 12/02/2017

Beautiful & delicious cake ! Alice was so pleasant to work with! It was everything we wanted and more !

Sent on 12/12/2017

Tara · Married on 10/08/2017

I had my wedding last week and they did my wedding cake it was delicious and awesome. Thank you so much for delivering my cake! it was decorated nicely!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Kristina · Married on 10/08/2017

Picking out our wedding was very easy and a pleasant experience. Our guests loved our cake and I recommended my sister who is getting married next year to go get their cake from Bean Counter.

Sent on 10/07/2018

Erin · Married on 09/30/2017

Bean Counter had come highly recommended by both friends and family. Alice was very friendly and prompt in her email responses - at the cake tasting, we really enjoyed trying out the flavors we were deciding between and even had a few leftovers to take home. I went with a simple frosting design with a cake topper and flowers - all I had to do was email Alice a picture of the cake topper a few weeks beforehand so she could plan accordingly. The cake come out beautiful and was delicious - our guests ate the rest at our afterparty so I was sad to have no leftovers! They were also very accommodating with allergies --- I had a few cupcakes made that were gluten free and nut free that also received good reviews from our guests.
    I could not recommend Bean Counter enough and have nothing but nice things to say!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Laura · Married on 09/09/2017

BEST CAKE EVER. I am beyond impressed with the work that Alice and her team at the Bean Counter do on wedding cakes. All of their work is incredibly detailed! We had a 3-layer cake for our 9/9/17 wedding with 3 different flavors of cake/filling and no one was disappointed! Funfetti, Chocolate with peanut butter mousse, and vanilla with chocolate mousse - all of them were so freaking delicious. We got to take a few slices home from the wedding and they were so good even a day or two later.

Alice was super easy to work with. I made a couple of changes after our initial meeting and there was no issue whatsoever. She was very responsive to emails and the cake was gorgeous! Would highly recommend Bean Counter!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Rashmi · Married on 08/26/2017

Our cake was gorgeous. We opted to go with fresh flowers arranged in a vine diagonally across the cake, and it was STUNNING. I literally jaw-dropped as I walked into the ballroom and saw the photographs. The cake was delicious, of course, we had plenty for the guests, and the presentation was unique and so beautiful. Thank you, Alice and team!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Julia · Married on 08/05/2017

There are no words to express how beautiful our cake was for our wedding! Alice did such a phenomenal job--she is extremely talented! We met with her for the taste testing and discussed what I was looking for in my cake design. She drew up everything right there and made sure I loved what we had planned out. The cake exceeded my expectations, it was absolutely beautiful--not to mention it tasted INCREDIBLE. I highly recommend Alice and her team if you want a beautifully designed cake that is worth every penny! Thank you again Alice!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Alyssa · Married on 07/22/2017

Alice and her team did such an amazing job with our wedding cake! Not only did it capture the theme of our wedding, but the tiny details and hand painted sea creatures really brought our cake to life! Alice was amazing to sit down with and outline what the cake would look like for our special day! She was easy to get a hold of, and responded quickly when I would email her with questions! Not only was the cake beautiful , it was gluten free and delicious! Our guests had no idea that the cake was gluten free! Our cake is something we will never forget and definitely would recommend bean counter bakery to our friends and family for future events or even for just some yummy desserts!

Sent on 07/26/2017