Beach Weddings Mexico by Luna Gainza Photography Reviews

32 | Cancun, MX

32 Reviews for Beach Weddings Mexico by Luna Gainza Photography

Alejandra · Married on 12/09/2016

We got married on December 2016 and we were looking for a photographer, we were a bit stressed but our wedding planner said contact Miguel Angel, he is simply the best! So we did!
    First we contacted him for our engagement shoot, the photos were amazing!! He knows the most beautiful places in Huatulco and he makes you feel really comfortable in front of the camera.
    After falling in love with our engagement shoot photos, we obviously chose Miguel Angel for our wedding. He definitely knows how to deal with lightning and he took unique photos. He captured key moments and he included all of our guests in the photos. We also had amazing shots at the beach!
    His experience and professionalism truly come out in every photo!!
    So if you guys are looking for artistic and incredible wedding photos Miguel Angel is the right choice!

Sent on 04/06/2017

Nicole · Married on 07/02/2016

Miguel and his crew did and amazing job with everything! Miguel literally bent over backwards to get the perfect shot. He was a pleasure to work with. He was very attentive and always gave a rapid response when I needed one. Me and my husband met with him before so that he could let us know his vision for how the pictures would take place. He asked us if there was anything that we would like captured. The day of the wedding he was AMAZING. I was pretty stressed out because the weather the morning of was not cooperating and it was rainy and overcast. He put me at ease by letting me know that it was typical but that with the pattern of the rain it was sweeping out to sea. Then I had another set back with the tide being to high at the time and I may have had to move the ceremony off of the beach. He once again reassured me that the tide would get lower in the evening. He could tell that I was stressed and gave me some tips on how to breath and relax my shoulders. Miguel was just amazing all around and I could not have asked for a better photographer. After the wedding was over all of my guests were talking about how great of a job he did running around capturing every moment. Because we live in the US we met with Miguel after the wedding to pick out the pictures that we would get. Because there were some many pictures to go over, Miguel let us keep his laptop overnight so that we could take all the time we needed. The pictures were beautiful even though at that point they hadn't been edited yet. I can't wait to see the finished product. If your in Huatulco, Miguel is the photographer you want!!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Erika · Married on 06/24/2016

You might see a lot of lovely pictures in pinterest. Well with Miguel the model can be you. I have a lot of options of perfect pictures. The most difficult decision that you have to make is to choose 4 or 5 to decorate your wall. Miguel is the best option! You will not regret!

Sent on 04/06/2017

Andrea · Married on 11/27/2015

Miguel and his crew were beyond amazing. I can't express how awesome our pictures turned out. Miguel was always willing to accommodate to us and was so easy to work with. He was very diligent and precise. He definitely knows how to work the camera and get the best possible shots. I can't say enough about Luna Gaiza Photography!!

Sent on 12/05/2015

Hands down, Miguel and his team have the best to offer in wedding photography. I'm so happy we chose to go with him as he knew the best spots in town to photograph. He was professional, kind, and extremely talented. He timed the sunset to capture the most special moments. Don't hesitate to book with him and his team, you won't regret it!!! Thanks, Miguel!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Deborah · Married on 06/27/2015

Miguel Angel Luna Gainza took our "Trash the Dress "pictures for our 1 year anniversary in Huatulco. He was beyond attentive, flexible and friendly, he spent more time with us than expected -he came to pick us up at out hotel at 5 AM and the photoshoot lasted about 3 hours- He took us to the most beautiful beach were we took the pictures during sunrise. He had the pictures ready in less than a day -since we were coming back home the day after- and he even had the amazing detail of giving us our favorite photo on a frame. The pictures were beautiful, an amazing experience and a memory that will last forever.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Miguel was easy to work with and very flexible. The pictures were beautiful and the team was great!

Sent on 05/01/2015

Caitlyn · Married on 04/14/2015

Miguel & his team were absolutely incredible on our wedding day. Miguel & Marisa made me feel so comfortable, and captured all of the beautiful moments of the day. Miguel's creativity is one of a kind, and he will do anything to get the perfect photo. I had my destination wedding in Huatulco, Mexico In April of 2015. Planning a destination wedding, and organizing the details can be hard. Hiring Miguel to photograph the day was the best decision I made. Meeting with him before the wedding made me more confident and so excited for the wedding day. I am more then pleased with his work and team. I would strongly recommend Miguel & his team!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Laurie · Married on 02/07/2015

Our photographers were very talented, knew the area of Mexico so well that the pictures were incredible no matter what time of day. A true passion for photography and for people!

Sent on 03/14/2015

Kyra · Married on 01/30/2015

I absolutely loved Miguel and his team! They were reliable and easy to get ahold of. I received CDs of our pictures before we even left the resort to go back to Canada, and then I received our video and high resolution pics within 6 months of our wedding date which is very reasonable for a wedding event! The pictures and videos are very good quality and I love Miguel's creativity when it came to the wedding pictures. Thank you so much! Also, the price for what you get is very reasonable! I would highly recommend Miguel and his team.

Sent on 07/28/2015

Jaclyn · Married on 01/26/2015

Miguel and his team were fantastic and would recommend them to anyone!
    I celebrated my wedding on January 26th, 2015 at Dreams Huatulco Resort. As the bride, I coordinated all wedding events directly with the resort and with Miguel. There was a lot of back and forth between whether I should go with the hotel photographer included in my package or upgrade to Luna Gainza.
    After review of sample photos of both options, the quality of the photos was night and day. Luna Gainza has clear ability in capturing planned and unplanned moments, with perfect lighting, focus and depth. The team were clearly professional photographers, similar, if not better than what I would expect at a wedding back home (Canada). I was a little skeptical committing to photographer without meeting with them face to face. I had concerns related to how the wedding day would go and commitment of someone I hadn’t met.
    Leading up to my wedding day, Miguel was quick to respond to my questions and concerns. He made some recommendations of the various wedding shoots that would suit my desires and my budget. I decided to trust his judgment and just go with it.
    On my wedding day, he showed up with his team. It was a surprise to me to find out that he worked with another photographer and a lighting assistant. One photographer stayed with my bridesmaids and me to snap some shots of us getting ready, while Miguel was with the groom and his men.
    Miguel timed the shoots perfectly with the sunset. He had us up on the rocks, on the beach, in the water and around the resort, to capture some really unique and amazing shots. He clearly knew his way around the resort and where to capture the best shots. He captured the reception, piñata events, Chinese lanterns, and some dancing near the end.
    I was VERY IMPRESSED with the professionalize and above-and-beyond nature of Miguel and his team. I would recommend Luna Gainza and their photography services to anyone.

Sent on 03/23/2015
  • User4922034 · 2+ years ago

Miguel was perfect for our destination wedding. He is very knowledgeable about the location, the lighting and made sure he covered all events of the wedding from getting ready to the first dance. He is very personable - it was a pleasure dealing with him. We would strongly recommend him. Cost was very reasonable.

Sent on 03/28/2015

Amber · Married on 01/10/2015

Miguel and his team really played a huge part in my wedding, From the beginning of planning my wedding photography to the day of my wedding. He was always quick to respond to all my messages and ease my mind by answering all my questions. At first I was scared planning a wedding from Alberta Canada traveling to Huatulco Mexico, but Migueal eased my mind and was so helpful in making it easier for me and my husband. He was so professional on our wedding day and made me feel like a princess. My quest commented on how well him and his team worked on our big day. Our photos and video turned out amazing!! We are planning on using Miguel again in the future.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Andrea · Married on 01/09/2015

Andrea · Married on 01/06/2015

Miguel & his team are absolutely incredible. We started planning our destination wedding with Miguel almost a year before our special day. We had found his pictures online and fell in love with his style and creativity. From the start he was very prompt with his responses and would always go out of his way to make you feel at ease with the planning. For us it was hard to envision our day, because almost all of the planning that goes into a destination wedding is out of your control. He would send reassuring emails, answer all of our questions and was so flexible with creating the perfect package for us. He worked with every idea, suggestion and most importantly our budget. Miguel met with us a couple days before the wedding once we arrived in Mexico and we knew we would be in good hands. He is such a nice guy who is extremely talented and his passion does not go unnoticed. Our wedding guests kept commenting on what an incredible job the entire LunaGainza team was doing (Miguel, Marisa, our videographer & the light ninja). Every special moment and tiny detail was captured. Our day was truly better than we could have ever imagined and we owe so much of that to Miguel. From beginning to end our dealings with Miguel was exceptional. We would highly, highly recommend him.

Amanda · Married on 11/23/2014

The photos turned out beautifully , Miguel and his assistance were friendly and professional , we had a very good experience!

Karla · Married on 11/16/2014

El trabajo de todo el equipo de Luna Gainza es espectacular, estoy más que contenta con todas las fotografías que nos entregó. Nos vimos días previos a la boda para platicar y nos dijo que la idea era captar nuestras emociones y vaya que lo hizo. Chequen su trabajo, es excelente...sus fotografías son lo máximo.

Sent on 03/26/2015

Martin · Married on 10/25/2014

The quality of the pictures was great. I like the way he plays with the light.

Sent on 03/24/2015

Ashley · Married on 04/11/2014

Miguel and his team were AMAZING! At first I was hesitant because it was included in my wedding package, therefore, I brought my own photographer down with us but after meeting Miguel and his team and seeing his work there was ZERO need to bring your own photographer! His team is so dedicated to you and only you on your special day! He ran around like crazy making sure he got the perfect angle of everyone! I would highly recommend him for your wedding day, you will not be disappointed. Miguel also did my wedding video which again was amazing and perfect in everyway. He captured the entire day perfectly. Thank you Miguel from the bottom of our hearts! Cheers!

Kahla · Married on 04/19/2013

We used Miguel Angel Luna Gainza for our April 2013 wedding at the Dreams Resort and Spa in Huatulco Mexico. Not only do we have amazing photos we will cherish for life, he was fantastic to work with!
    We had actually bumped into him a few days before the wedding and got to chatting, then realized he was our wedding photographer. He was super friendly and welcoming, so we knew we were going to be in good hands.
    On our wedding we had a bit of a hic-up, and caused us to miss out on a lot of our time with Miguel. He was amazing and offered us a little more time a few days later (something he didn't have to do!)
    It was a beautiful morning when we met Miguel and we got right to it. We were totally ourselves, hand in hand walking down the beach, being silly, and completely in love... Miguel captured all of that in our photos!
    We had thought about bringing a photographer with us, but are incredibly happy we didn't. I honestly do not think that we would have gotten the same photos if we wouldn't have used him.
    He obviously knows the area, but on top of that he just has an amazing talent, I would recommend him to anyone traveling to the Huatulco area.

Stephanie · Married on 02/23/2013

We have worked with Miguel twice for photos and both times he and his team completely surpassed our expectations and imaginations. Truly and artist behind the lens, he works efficiently, creatively, and makes you feel very natural and comfortable. On our wedding day, I didn't even realize he was there taking photos, he was very discreet and never took anything away from the merriment of the ceremony. He's also very attentive to your needs or ideas, very organized, and just a great guy. His photos hold such strong emotion and memories for us. People won't stop telling us how beautiful our photos are! We will cherish them for the rest of our lives and look forward to Miguel capturing photos if our growing family again in the future. Thank you so much Miguel! Brides and anyone looking for photos, don't pass Miguel up. He's truely one of the best!

Sent on 03/23/2015

Corleen · Married on 02/22/2013

Miguel was amazing! Him and his team were like photography ninjas! They were up, down and in the water getting the perfect angles! They were friendly and so kind to our entire wedding party! Our day was captured perfectly!

Sent on 03/14/2015

Kathy · Married on 09/18/2012

Miguelito thank you so much for making our wedding day so special. Our family can't thank you enough for capturing every moment so beautifully...

Chelsea · Married on 04/28/2012

Miguel and his team were absolutely wonderful to work with. Communication prior to arriving at the resort was timely, and we were so happy to meet with him a couple of days prior to our wedding once we arrived at Dreams Huatulco. The quality of photos Miguel and his team captured were above our expectations, and we we were thrilled to receive our wedding photos prior to leaving Huatulco. Would gladly work with him again when we return to Huatulco as a family. Thanks Miguel :)

Sent on 04/06/2015

Patti Painter · Married on 02/10/2012

Miguel where to start! My Daughter and Son-in-law were married in Huatulco at DREAMS, 3 years ago and I still to this day we all have very fond memories of Miguel! He was fantastic, smart, strategic, kind and a GREAT photographer. I found him on a wing and a prayer. So my research started! Miguel was by FAR the WINNER...I couldn't find a "single" complaint about him or his work! So I started to track him down...I believe at that time he was doing just freelance work, but I found him. We bonded instantly and I booked a date, settled on a very reasonable price and asked him if I could send him down a retainer ($) of some sort but he said no need for that...I take your word and you take my word. I TRUSTED Miguel that he would be at the wedding with camera in hand and his was! Take my advice people: If you are going to Huatulco to get Married he is your man. He has loads of great fresh ideas, and if you're will to try new things, he definitely is. Actually we entered one of his shots to this Wedding Magazine (in Winnipeg) and that very picture was featured in the middle of the book (so it was a full 2 flat page photo). We often look at my Daughters Wedding pictures and still admire his work. In my most humble opinion he is THE BEST in Huatulco! You will NOT be disappointed if you pick Miguel and his team as your Photographer!

Patti Painter, Man. Can.