Be Unique Boutique Reviews

Be Unique Boutique 5
Be Unique Boutique 6
Be Unique Boutique 7

Leslie · Married on 06/30/2012

Very nice boutique! I found my wedding dress here, I bought it right off the rack and saved myself some money! Erika was a pleasure to work with. Her seamstress is amazing! I had to add lace to the bottom of my dress because dress was too short and she found the same lace that matches my dress!! It looks amazing and I can't wait to wear my dress! I also bought earrings here and a beaded belt for my dress. I would recommend this place to other future brides!

Sent on 06/02/2012

Sheila · Married on 06/24/2012

Erika and her seamstress were very helpful and accomodating. Erika was honest about my dress choice and the results were fantastic. I bought a mother of the groom dress that got so many complements. The dress came in the date that Erika told me it would. I was alittle uncomfortable with the one shoulder dress(my choice) and the seamstress suggested that she make me a spagetti strap out of the excess material from the hem. It made all the difference so I did not feel like I had to lift the dress on that side. It caused extra work for her but made it so I was happy and comfortable on the big day. I got sick the week before the wedding and was not able to pick up the dress until the Thursday before the wedding and this was not a problem for Erika. If you want personalized service and unique choices for your special day go to Be Unique Boutique.

Sent on 07/21/2012

Lisa · Married on 06/16/2012

I LOVED getting my wedding and bridesmaid dresses from Be Unique Boutique. The owner was very helpful and the seamstress did an amazing job! It was so easy having such a wonderful boutique so close to home. The owner was flexible with times to do fittings and was easily contacted if I needed to change any dates/times.

Sent on 06/06/2012

janice · Married on 06/16/2012

This boutique is amazing. We found a flower girl dress on Pinterest and she was able to get it for us. Erika was friendly and so easy to work with. She was always in communication with us by telephone and email. The dress is beautiful and shipped earlier than expected!

Janice

Sent on 02/18/2013

Perfect service. Great dress reasonably priced.

Sent on 08/01/2012

Danielle · Married on 10/15/2011

I found an Enozani gown online that I fell in love for my bridesmaids, and this led me to Be Unique!!

I had already purchased my bridal gown elsewhere, but was sorry that I hadn't looked here first. Erika was extremely gracious, and helpful during the entire ordering process. She made all of my girls feel special- paying attention to every detail.
    She has a beautiful selection of bridal gowns, and bridesmaids dresses.

The process was seamless from start to finish- including the bridesmaid's alterations which were done beautifully, and afford-ably.

I would recommend Erika & Be Unique to brides & bridesmaids alike!!!

Sent on 10/18/2011
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/01/2011

I really enjoyed working with Erika at this boutique. She has the mainstream styles there, as well as smaller designers with beautiful and unique designs. I purchased both my wedding dress and the bridesmaids dresses there. She was extremely helpful and attentive to my bridesmaids and I. She makes everyone feel beautiful and really aides you in picking a dress that will make you feel like a princess. I would definitely recommend this store for any and all brides.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Dana · Married on 05/20/2017

Erika was so helpful throughout the entire process. I didn't really know what I wanted going in and she was a huge help!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Julienne · Married on 05/15/2015

Erika knows which styles work for her clients and takes pride in helping them look their best. She was honest and incredibly professional - no gimmicks, no attempts to price gauge. Erika was incredibly responsive through the entire process. Her tailor/seamstress did excellent work. Despite hours of dancing, my dress, tailoring, and train remained intact and looking great. I highly recommend Be Unique Boutique for those seeking individualized attention.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Martha · Married on 08/02/2014

Prior to trying Be Unique, I had a very specific vision of what my wedding dress should look like and had visited a number of stores in Manhattan, but nothing that I found seemed right.

Upon arriving at Be Unique, I vowed to try any dress that Erika recommended--and I sure am glad I did. She suggested a dress that I wouldn't have gravitated to myself, but when I came out with it on my mom and maids of honor all started crying. It was "the one" and without Erika's keen sense, I never would have found it.

From the first call to reserve an appointment to all of the fittings, Erika and her seamstress were so professional, straight forward, and helpful. I'm so grateful for all of their help!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Marta · Married on 09/17/2011

Working with Erica to find my perfect dress was so much fun. She has so many beautiful gowns for brides, bridesmaids, flower girls and moms. We all looked forward to going to her store to try on our dresses. This was the first store I looked in and I am so happy we all found what we were looking for. She was helpful from day one even though we didnt have an appt and I had no idea what I was looking for. Sure enough Erica showed me and my MOH one dress for her and we fell in love with it. She looked great as did the rest of my girls. I loved that Erica always knew what we needed and had any accessories we could ever want. I would highly recommend Ericas Boutique to all my family and friends. I can't imagine having bought my dress anywhere else.

Sent on 10/03/2011

Natalie Jung · Married on 05/04/2019

Lovely boutique

Erika was a pleasure to work with. She personally listened to what I wanted and picked out a bunch of wedding dresses for me at my first fitting. I found one that was within budget and beautiful. She was always available to change my fitting appointments, and her on-site seamstress made each fitting a breeze. I was incredibly happy with the final result - and while I felt like alterations were too much money, I could see the level of detail, care, and personalization that went into it to make it completely custom to my body. I also LOVED the veil she picked for me that matched my dress. Thank you!!

Sent on 05/10/2019

Leigh · Married on 04/20/2018

I would highly recommend getting your dress here! Ericka is very easy to work with and has a wonderful selection of dresses. She knows what styles will be the most flattering on your and her suggestions are spot on!!!

Sent on 04/08/2018

Kelsey · Married on 06/20/2015

Found a beautiful dress here for my beach wedding. Erica was extremely helpful and knew just what I was looking for in my price range. I never felt rushed and my mom and sister felt welcomed as well.
    Alterations were in the "average" price range but very well done. They only do them on weekends which worked well for my schedule but that's the only downside if you have a different work schedule, etc.
    Would absolutely recommend if you live in the area!

Sent on 06/27/2015

Emily · Married on 10/26/2013

Erica was extremely wonderful. She was sweet, kind and so helpful. She knew exactly what I needed for my body type and how to make my dress absolutely perfect. She was so easy to get a hold of and work with. She is truly a wonderful person, and I would recommend everyone going to her store for any kind of formal occasion!!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Carol · Married on 07/13/2013

I loved working with the owner Erika. She helped me pull together a red carpet look. I had my red carpet moment finally. From my dress, to the custom jewelry, to my clutch - she provided the type of advice that an expensive stylist would have offered. Everyone at our event said I looked like a princess! I know I have Erika to thank for that incredible compliment. Thank you Erika. I could not do it without you! I will be back when my next son gets engaged! Carol Bloom Stevens, Mother of the Groom

Sent on 07/19/2013

Both Erica aand her seamstress Florence were a pleasure to work with. Gown selection, quality & service were all top notch. I wouldn't go anywhere else for an ensemble for an important event!
    BUT---allow time for ordering.

Sent on 04/10/2013

3.5

I thought Be Unique had the most beautiful selection.

Sent on 04/21/2015
  • User5020252 · 2+ years ago

3.5

Be Unique had the most beautiful selection...

Sent on 04/27/2015

Judy · Married on 05/31/2014

My experience was wonderful and I loved the dress that I purchased for my daughter's wedding.

Sent on 05/26/2014

Erika was extrememly helpful throughout the dress process (choosing a dress, ordering, fittings, etc.)

Sent on 05/15/2014

4.2
      3.5

I was quite nervous ordering my wedding dress online but when I received the dress, I was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful it was! And it arrived much earlier than I expected. I was very happy with the service & how helpful Erika was!

Sent on 05/12/2013

Katie · Married on 08/03/2018

3.4
      3.0

I came to Be Unique because I saw that they carried a designer I was interested in, Cristiano Lucci.. I called the boutique randomly to see if they carried the specific dress I was interested in. Although they didn't carry it, I decided to make a last minute appointment to go in and try on some of the other dresses from the designer. The owner was very flexible and squeezed me in for an appointment that afternoon. When I got there, I felt completely unwelcome. I was shown a couple of dresses from the designer and decided to try them on. While I was trying on the dress, I had little to no help in getting into the dress. The owner made no attempt in helping me zip the back, and didn't give a modesty piece in order to cover my butt so I could go out and show my sister the dress. I was too embarrassed to come out of the dressing room in fear of exposing myself to the other people in the boutique. At this point I had been to countless other boutiques and every single one of them provided a modesty piece and clips in order to clip the dress closed.... When I decided that I wasn't in love with any of the dresses I tried on, I asked the owner if she had any other dresses in mind for me. She said, and I quote..."Not Really." At that point I decided to leave the boutique. I felt that since the owner knew I had tried on other dresses at other boutiques, she felt no need to show me any customer service at all. I was very upset in leaving, and I wouldn't recommend this business to any of my friends.

Sent on 07/26/2018

Be Unique Boutique's reply:

We are sorry that your experience at BUB wasn't up to your personal standards. We strive our best to try to get it right and so we thank you for your feedback. Just a note we value our Brides privacy and so we do not accompany our brides into their dressing rooms, unless invited or requested for assistance. Thank you and good luck!