Be Unique Boutique Reviews

132 | Mount Kisco, NY

132 Reviews for Be Unique Boutique

Erika and her seamstress, Florence are amazing! The customer service is impeccable because Erika is the owner and usually only employee in this beautiful little boutique. I was hesitant to even look here at first only because I htought it would be expensive, but there are such a wide variety of dresses for any style and any budget. The service and quality cannot be beat and I cannot wait to wear my wedding dress in only a few short days! Thank you!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Emily · Married on 03/22/2013

I walked into this store with 5 weeks until my wedding. I found the most beautiful dress at the Unique Boutique. The staff was VERY helpful. They were very professional, timely and intuitive to my needs. I couldn't have been happier!!!

Sent on 03/28/2013

Sue · event on: 02/02/2013

Erika picked out the perfect dress for my daughter. She looked and felt beautiful at her bat mitzvah celebration. Thank you!

Sent on 03/28/2013

Jk · Married on 10/21/2012

I highly recommend Be Unique Boutique for their excellent service and truly original selection of high quality, detailed wedding gowns.

I came to BU after trying on gowns in several Manhattan and Westchester bridal boutiques and vintage shops; I had liked some of the dresses, but nothing had quite given me that right feeling yet. The boutique is a small treasure box of exquisitely made dresses, some from European designers exclusive to this shop in the US. If you're really looking for something well made, different, and worth the price, don't go to Kleinfeld's, go to Be Unique. The prices are in the mid to high range, but when compared to dresses of the same price at a chain bridal store, the quality of fabric and construction are much better (and lighter and breathable…no polyester gowns here!!)

Clear, prompt response to email. Easy billing with no surprises. A great atmosphere in the shop, very clean and friendly. Clients generally chatting with each other like old friends.

Erika is very kind and runs a terrific shop--I wish her much success!! The dress was beautiful on the wedding day, I felt absolutely right in it, and received so many compliments on it. I've recommended the shop to many people since my good experience there.

Sent on 03/01/2013

Alicia · Married on 07/28/2012

I ordered my daughters Papilio flower girl dress that she found in a picture online. Erika helped us tremendously by ensuring that we would have the dress in time for the wedding and was very professional and prompt with all emails and telephone calls. I was nervous to purchase a dress we were unable to try on prior but with all the measurements that Erika asked for and the style of dress being similar to others she had tried on, it worked out perfectly. My daughter looks amazing and I would highly recommend to anyone that wants a dress from a designer outside of their driving distance to work with Erika at Be Unique Boutique!

Sent on 06/03/2012
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 07/21/2012

I was so nervous to try on wedding dresses - I am very self-conscious and because of my height and weight, I don't fit into sample sizes. I went to Be Unique Boutique in Mt. Kisco because my photographer had suggested it, and I trusted her. Well, I had the most wonderful experience! Erika, the store owner, is so easy to work with and she is honest with you and spends as much time with you as possible. Right away, she found out the style I was looking for and told me what was going to be best for my body. She even ripped one of her samples along the seam so that I could get a better idea of what it would look like in my size and I could get it on more comfortably. I ended up picking the 5th dress I tried on, and felt so satisfied with the quality (the dresses are all European and you won't find them in other stores!) and the service that I didn't even want to go anywhere else. She doesn't have a very large selection, but since it's a specialized boutique that's something you have to know about going into it. We did all alterations there for my dress, my mother's dress (also a stunning piece that was totally unique and special), and bought all our accessories and jewelry at BUB. The seamstress was very attentive and Erika oversaw every fitting and was very particular in making sure it was a perfect fit. She was so gracious to my family, I ended up tearing up a few times because she was just giving us such a special experience. My dress was incredible, fit like a glove and even though it was heavy, it stayed together like a champ and I got tons of compliments, aside from it being a beautiful dress to photograph. I felt like the beautiful person I never knew I could be, and it was all because of the attentiveness of Erika and the special time we had at BUB! I would recommend this shop to any and every bride who wants to have a non-cookie cutter wedding dress, and have a wonderful experience picking out their wedding dress!

Sent on 08/07/2012

I had given up on finding a dress that was not matronly and was appropriate for the mother of the bride. Thank goodness for Erika and Be Unique Boutique. The dress is beautiful and was altered to perfection.

Sent on 07/01/2012

Leslie · Married on 06/30/2012

Very nice boutique! I found my wedding dress here, I bought it right off the rack and saved myself some money! Erika was a pleasure to work with. Her seamstress is amazing! I had to add lace to the bottom of my dress because dress was too short and she found the same lace that matches my dress!! It looks amazing and I can't wait to wear my dress! I also bought earrings here and a beaded belt for my dress. I would recommend this place to other future brides!

Sent on 06/02/2012

Sheila · Married on 06/24/2012

Erika and her seamstress were very helpful and accomodating. Erika was honest about my dress choice and the results were fantastic. I bought a mother of the groom dress that got so many complements. The dress came in the date that Erika told me it would. I was alittle uncomfortable with the one shoulder dress(my choice) and the seamstress suggested that she make me a spagetti strap out of the excess material from the hem. It made all the difference so I did not feel like I had to lift the dress on that side. It caused extra work for her but made it so I was happy and comfortable on the big day. I got sick the week before the wedding and was not able to pick up the dress until the Thursday before the wedding and this was not a problem for Erika. If you want personalized service and unique choices for your special day go to Be Unique Boutique.

Sent on 07/21/2012

Lisa · Married on 06/16/2012

I LOVED getting my wedding and bridesmaid dresses from Be Unique Boutique. The owner was very helpful and the seamstress did an amazing job! It was so easy having such a wonderful boutique so close to home. The owner was flexible with times to do fittings and was easily contacted if I needed to change any dates/times.

Sent on 06/06/2012

Janice · Married on 06/16/2012

This boutique is amazing. We found a flower girl dress on Pinterest and she was able to get it for us. Erika was friendly and so easy to work with. She was always in communication with us by telephone and email. The dress is beautiful and shipped earlier than expected!

Janice

Sent on 02/18/2013

Perfect service. Great dress reasonably priced.

Sent on 08/01/2012

Danielle · Married on 10/15/2011

I found an Enozani gown online that I fell in love for my bridesmaids, and this led me to Be Unique!!

I had already purchased my bridal gown elsewhere, but was sorry that I hadn't looked here first. Erika was extremely gracious, and helpful during the entire ordering process. She made all of my girls feel special- paying attention to every detail.
    She has a beautiful selection of bridal gowns, and bridesmaids dresses.

The process was seamless from start to finish- including the bridesmaid's alterations which were done beautifully, and afford-ably.

I would recommend Erika & Be Unique to brides & bridesmaids alike!!!

Sent on 10/18/2011
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/01/2011

I really enjoyed working with Erika at this boutique. She has the mainstream styles there, as well as smaller designers with beautiful and unique designs. I purchased both my wedding dress and the bridesmaids dresses there. She was extremely helpful and attentive to my bridesmaids and I. She makes everyone feel beautiful and really aides you in picking a dress that will make you feel like a princess. I would definitely recommend this store for any and all brides.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Dana · Married on 05/20/2017

Erika was so helpful throughout the entire process. I didn't really know what I wanted going in and she was a huge help!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Julienne · Married on 05/15/2015

Erika knows which styles work for her clients and takes pride in helping them look their best. She was honest and incredibly professional - no gimmicks, no attempts to price gauge. Erika was incredibly responsive through the entire process. Her tailor/seamstress did excellent work. Despite hours of dancing, my dress, tailoring, and train remained intact and looking great. I highly recommend Be Unique Boutique for those seeking individualized attention.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Martha · Married on 08/02/2014

Prior to trying Be Unique, I had a very specific vision of what my wedding dress should look like and had visited a number of stores in Manhattan, but nothing that I found seemed right.

Upon arriving at Be Unique, I vowed to try any dress that Erika recommended--and I sure am glad I did. She suggested a dress that I wouldn't have gravitated to myself, but when I came out with it on my mom and maids of honor all started crying. It was "the one" and without Erika's keen sense, I never would have found it.

From the first call to reserve an appointment to all of the fittings, Erika and her seamstress were so professional, straight forward, and helpful. I'm so grateful for all of their help!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Marta · Married on 09/17/2011

Working with Erica to find my perfect dress was so much fun. She has so many beautiful gowns for brides, bridesmaids, flower girls and moms. We all looked forward to going to her store to try on our dresses. This was the first store I looked in and I am so happy we all found what we were looking for. She was helpful from day one even though we didnt have an appt and I had no idea what I was looking for. Sure enough Erica showed me and my MOH one dress for her and we fell in love with it. She looked great as did the rest of my girls. I loved that Erica always knew what we needed and had any accessories we could ever want. I would highly recommend Ericas Boutique to all my family and friends. I can't imagine having bought my dress anywhere else.

Sent on 10/03/2011

Natalie J. · Married on 05/04/2019

Lovely boutique

Erika was a pleasure to work with. She personally listened to what I wanted and picked out a bunch of wedding dresses for me at my first fitting. I found one that was within budget and beautiful. She was always available to change my fitting appointments, and her on-site seamstress made each fitting a breeze. I was incredibly happy with the final result - and while I felt like alterations were too much money, I could see the level of detail, care, and personalization that went into it to make it completely custom to my body. I also LOVED the veil she picked for me that matched my dress. Thank you!!

Sent on 05/10/2019

Leigh · Married on 04/20/2018

I would highly recommend getting your dress here! Ericka is very easy to work with and has a wonderful selection of dresses. She knows what styles will be the most flattering on your and her suggestions are spot on!!!

Sent on 04/08/2018

Kelsey · Married on 06/20/2015

Found a beautiful dress here for my beach wedding. Erica was extremely helpful and knew just what I was looking for in my price range. I never felt rushed and my mom and sister felt welcomed as well.
    Alterations were in the "average" price range but very well done. They only do them on weekends which worked well for my schedule but that's the only downside if you have a different work schedule, etc.
    Would absolutely recommend if you live in the area!

Sent on 06/27/2015

Emily · Married on 10/26/2013

Erica was extremely wonderful. She was sweet, kind and so helpful. She knew exactly what I needed for my body type and how to make my dress absolutely perfect. She was so easy to get a hold of and work with. She is truly a wonderful person, and I would recommend everyone going to her store for any kind of formal occasion!!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Carol · Married on 07/13/2013

I loved working with the owner Erika. She helped me pull together a red carpet look. I had my red carpet moment finally. From my dress, to the custom jewelry, to my clutch - she provided the type of advice that an expensive stylist would have offered. Everyone at our event said I looked like a princess! I know I have Erika to thank for that incredible compliment. Thank you Erika. I could not do it without you! I will be back when my next son gets engaged! Carol Bloom Stevens, Mother of the Groom

Sent on 07/19/2013

Both Erica aand her seamstress Florence were a pleasure to work with. Gown selection, quality & service were all top notch. I wouldn't go anywhere else for an ensemble for an important event!
    BUT---allow time for ordering.

Sent on 04/10/2013

Jaime · Married on 10/23/2011

The name says it all, the most unique dresses in Westchester. Definitely the best dress store to find ANYTHING you need. May look small but they really have something for everyone. I got my dress, all my bridesmaids dresses and even my mother's dress at this boutique! Erika, the owner, is very friendly and fun to work with.

Sent on 11/18/2011