BDK MINT (Bidulki Judan, Inc.) Reviews

66 | Elkins Park, PA

66 Reviews for BDK MINT (Bidulki Judan, Inc.)

Erica · Married on 03/25/2017

We got married at the Yale club this year and doing the PaeBaek ceremony with BDK MINT was amazing!!! Jessica and her team are fantastic. They were early to set up, helped me transition in and out of my outfits and were so so helpful... it was like I had extra help on my wedding day! Also, during the actual ceremony they made everyone laugh and it was amazing. My husband is not Korean, so I wanted to make sure all of the guests that didn't know what PaeBaek was had a good time and they definitely made sure of that and everyone laughed A LOT!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Do-Hee · Married on 10/30/2016

WOW. If you're considering incorporating paebaek into your wedding, DO IT, and DO IT WITH BDK Mint. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

BDK Mint did an amazing job putting together a paebaek ceremony for our Brooklyn wedding at the DUMBO Loft. My husband and most of our wedding guests are NOT Korean, so we debated whether to have paebaek at all. I thought it might be one too many things we were trying to fit into our wedding day, and I had heard horror stories about "boring" paebaeks, or ceremonies that were lost in translation. I was also planning our NYC wedding while living in San Francisco, stressed out about all the pieces I had to juggle - a true Type A bride. At my mom's insistence though, we decided to explore having paebaek at our wedding.

Long story short, choosing to work with BDK Mint was one of the BEST decisions of our wedding. It was such a special way to share my culture and traditions with our loved ones. Jessica did an amazing job narrating the ceremony in English and Korean and made it educational and enjoyable at the same time. The room was filled with laughter and love.

From initial inquiry, Jessica and her team a pleasure to work with. Jessica was prompt, professional, patient, and friendly and put my mind at ease about everything. She was flexible with our tight timeline and the quirks of a raw loft space and made sure things went smoothly. I knew it was a good sign when our Day-of-Coordinator sung her praises after seeing BDK Mint on our vendor list ;)

The day of, my parents from Seoul and our Korean guests were extremely impressed by Jessica and her team, saying it's the most delightful paebaek they've attended, far better than anything they've attended in Korea. If you know us Koreans, you know we do not throw around compliments easily ;) And our non-Korean guests came up to tell us how much they enjoyed the paebaek throughout the night.

I'm so happy to have worked with BDK Mint. Thank you Jessica and team! You are such gems <3

Sent on 11/01/2016

Monica · Married on 10/15/2016

5 stars does not do BDK MINT justice, and it was my privilege as a micromanaging bride to work with a vendor as responsive, caring and fun to work with as BDK MINT/Jessica. If you have any hesitation whatsoever about using BDK MINT as your paebaek vendor, please give them a call because all it takes is one phone call with Jessica to realize that there simply is NO other paebaek vendor with BDK MINT's professionalism or showmanship.

I had my hesitations about doing paebaek at all. Most of my Korean friends were not doing a paebaek ceremony, and I was not sure whether hiring a vendor from Philly for a paebaek ceremony in NY was smart or efficient. I could not have been more wrong. BDK MINT put on an AMAZING SHOW at my wedding. The majority of the guests at my wedding had no idea what a paebaek was, and Jessica/BDK MINT's set up and English explanations during the ceremony were not only DOWNRIGHT HILARIOUS but also incredibly informative. My husband and I keep talking about how much we learned and how much fun we had during the paebaek ceremony.

BDK MINT's rendition of the paebaek ceremony also served as the best icebreaker for my wedding guests. Our wedding was a black tie affair, and there is no doubt that seeing the bride piggyback the groom and take love shots in rainbow costumes was the perfect way for our guests to loosen up and laugh. I also highly recommend paebaek as a way to make grandparents or close aunt/uncles feel included on your special day. Our facebook/instagram newsfeeds have been blowing up with pictures of our brightly colored outfits, and our friends cannot stop talking about it.

Lastly, in terms of logistics, BDK MINT IS A DREAM. BDK MINT was early and extremely savvy with regards to the tight timeline on our wedding day. Our paebaek order changed at the last minute (because of the groom's parents' requests), and BDK MINT found a way to include the groom's uncle and aunt without running overtime.

BDK MINT/Jessica - THANK YOU <3

Sent on 10/18/2016

Christine · Married on 07/30/2016

Selecting BDK MINT to perform the paebeak service at my wedding this past summer was the easiest decision during the whole wedding planning service. I have been going to BDK MINT to purchase hanbok with my mother since I was about 5 years old. I knew that the quality of the clothing would be beautiful, the service would be kind, and the process would be easy. Jessica walked me through ever step and made sure to explain all the cultural differences and meanings to my husband's family in a much better way than I ever could. While my mother was able to go in by herself to choose her hanbok, I went with both of my mothers-in-law so that they would not feel so out of place in a Korean store. The consultation had both of them giggling with excitement and when we went to pick up their hanbok, they looked absolutely beautiful.

The actual paebeak ceremony during the wedding was a huge success. Almost three months after the wedding I still have people telling me how much fun it was to be able to witness this traditional ceremony. Even though it is normally a private event, I explained to Jessica that I wanted it to be open to all of my guests (if they wanted to witness it) because many of my non-Korean friends expressed interest in how the ceremony would be performed. She had no problems with the idea and emceed the paebeak in both Korean and English for everyone to understand and enjoy. It was truly a wonderful way to incorporate my Korean background. The handmade Paebeak food was beautifully made and delicious as well. While the food is traditionally given to the groom's parents, they offered it to my mother. It was adorable that I had to call Jessica to try and return to her the dishes the paebeak food was packaged in, because my mother insisted that we return the beautiful Korean dishes. Jessica explained to me that the package we purchased included the dishes.

Thank you, BDK and Jessica, for helping us share this experience with all of our friends and family!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Catherine · Married on 07/03/2016

The team at BDK Mint was phenomenal. They were easy to work with, responsive to emails, and very organized. They also went above and beyond and traveled to my wedding which was 4 hours from the area. They made incorporating a paebaek ceremony into our wedding reception easy and fun. The guests LOVED the paebaek and had so much fun learning about the Korean culture. The sisters spoke in both English and Korean so that all attending guests were accommodated.

Sent on 07/16/2016

BDK Mint is a fantastic vendor for traditional Korean Paebaek ceremony. Jessica and Liz are extremely attentive, friendly and helpful from the inquiry to the actual day. They are so experienced which helps the event running extremely smoothly. The food was delicious and the traditional dress is gorgeous. The setup is also extremely nice. Our guests like the ceremony very much. I will highly recommend BDK Mint for anyone who wants a traditional korean paebaek ceremony.

Sent on 05/03/2016

Jun · Married on 04/01/2016

I rarely give reviews but had to for BDK MINT! My husband and I got married last April and the Paebaek was going to be the first time they were meeting! EVERYONE had such an amazing time at the Paebaek. People still bring up how amazing and beautiful the ceremony was.

The girls are so amazing! Not only were they so helpful, they were very professional, accommodating, and hilarious! They did such an amazing job keeping the mood light! My husbands family had no experience with this kind of stuff so they were obviously nervous. The girls made that go away! The fact that they spoke both Korean and English was immensely helpful and allowed all of our guests to enjoy!

This was truly an amazing and unforgettable event. I couldn't imagine anyone being able to pull it off as well as these girls. Thank you so much!

Sent on 02/01/2017

Nalynn · Married on 10/03/2015

Jessica and the bdk mint team were amazing to work with! From the date we booked them for our Pae Baek to the date of our wedding (nearly a year later), they were professional, courteous, and extremely helpful in every way. I had a lot of questions as I had never seen a Pae Baek ceremony in person, but Jessica walked me through everything. Jessica communicated with our on-site coordinator to find the perfect site for the ceremony, and made sure no detail went overlooked. On the day of, even when weather threw a wrench in our plans, she executed Plan B without even a blink and made sure everything went smoothly. She and the soomo explained everything that would happen, helped us dress in the traditional outfits, and even showed us how to bow properly. I was blown away by how fun the ceremony itself was. Jessica narrated the entire thing in both Korean and English, and kept all of our guests engaged and thoroughly entertained. Many have said the Pae Baek was a highlight of the wedding and something they'll never forget! My husband's family, who are Irish, really enjoyed getting to experience some of my family's culture firsthand, and I really treasured getting to share it with them. I would recommend Jessica and bdk mint to anyone looking to have a Pae Baek ceremony as part of their wedding!

Sent on 10/16/2015

BDK Mint did a fantastic job preparing for and executing our paebaek (traditional Korean ceremony). They arrived early to the venue, brought everything that was needed for the ceremony (including audio equipment, traditional garb, table, decorations, etc.), set up, hosted the ceremony, and cleaned up everything. Our guests all had a great time and understood the significance of the ceremony with Jessica's great hosting! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Jiye · Married on 09/12/2015

BDK did an excellent job in hosting our paebek ceremony. The host was bilingual, professional, and did an excellent job entertaining and hosting the event. The staff helped us change into the korean outfits, prepped us on how to bow before going out to the guests, and made the ceremony a very fun part of our wedding. Our guests LOVED this portion of our wedding, and raved about the hosts. The accompanying music was also dramatic which made for a nice entry to the reception. I highly recommend BDK.

Sent on 10/13/2015

We did a paebaek during our wedding reception as a nod to my Korean heritage and also as a fun event for our guests to see. From the first email, Jessica was an absolute dream to work with - she responded very quickly, was so incredibly nice, and everything from answering questions to signing the contract to confirming who would be participating in the paebaek was all done with the utmost professionalism. Jessica was so accommodating and flexible (having some family members fly in for the wedding at the last minute), and the ceremony itself was flawless. The soomo helped us get dressed and gave us a quick tutorial on what to do during the ceremony, and everything ran very smoothly. Jessica was also fantastic at announcing and explaining the ceremony to our guests in both Korean and English. I've seen many other paebaek ceremonies at my friends' weddings, but I have to say that bdk|mint probably did the best job in terms of ceremony flow, quality, and professionalism. Absolutely outstanding and highly recommended to anyone wanting to do a paebaek as part of their wedding celebration!

Sent on 07/24/2015

Mia · Married on 06/19/2015

My husband and I eloped to Thailand and had a private ceremony together. We decided to have a ceremony/reception here with our family/friends when we got back. My husband is not Korean so we decided to replace the vow exchange ceremony with paebaek. It was such a hit with everyone and they cannot stop talking about it. They are stating that it was traditional, yet modern and cool, beautiful and interesting. I am so glad we had the idea of making the ceremony like a cultural experience and incorporating it with paebaek since 95% of our guests have never experienced one. Even the Koreans in my family are raving about it! My husband said it was a live interactive cultural exhibit that was educational, yet still fun.

I have grown so fond of Jessica, I can go on and on in this post just writing about her. She is so attentive, responsive, organized, thorough, sweet, fun and helpful! The Soomo was perfect as well and Jessica’s deliver and narration in Korean/English was perfection. She exceeded our expectations and made all of this possible. I am eternally grateful for her support and dedication to our reception. She has not only worked very hard on our behalf, but also came up with clever solutions or suggestions along the way to facilitate this process. We even bought a hanbok for my nephew last minute from them and they tailored it for me so quickly. It looked amazing on my nephew and he wasn’t able to try it on (if you need hanboks, go to them!).

We are beyond satisfied with BDK and we will always recommend them to everyone. We can’t thank BDK Mint enough for the exceptional customer service and flawless execution during our ceremony. Customer service like this makes clients feel so special and Jessica makes you feel like she really cares about developing long-term relationships that mean more than just throwing another wedding and generating revenue. We thank the BDK mint team from the bottom of our hearts.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Mia · Married on 06/19/2015

Sent on 06/23/2015
  • Y

Yunah · Married on 10/11/2014

Our paebaek ceremony went flawlessly with the help of Jessica and her team. The ceremony was a big hit with family and friends! We highly recommend bdk!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Sarah · Married on 08/30/2014

We had our wedding ceremony first and then had to quickly change into korean ceremony because of our time constraint. Jessica and the lady who assisted in the garb change and bowing was great. They were super helpful and considerate. Jessica speaks both languages fluently so she did the translation and moderated the bows. The lady who assisted with the bows was super sweet and professional.

Sent on 09/09/2014

Chef A. · Married on 08/23/2014

My husband was adopted from Korea as an infant and raised in Upstate NY. We wanted to honor and incorporate his Korean heritage with the paebaek.

Working with Jessica in the planning process was simple. And their professionalism was outstanding. The ceremony we did during our rehearsal dinner, and it was a treasure. It was well narrated in English, as everyone at our event had never experienced this ceremony before. Many of our groomsmen and friends were also adopted Koreans, and they were so in awe and proud of the Korean culture they originated from.

It was a beautiful and initimate way to start out our wedding weekend with our family.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Rica · Married on 08/23/2014

Our Paebaek was the highlight of our rehearsal dinner. My husband is adopted from Korea and many of his childhood friends as well. This beautiful ceremony was a wonderful and memorable way for all of us to incorporate his Korean heritage. We were grateful as the ladies travelled to New York and were the greatest of professionals.

Sent on 12/28/2014

Tina · Married on 08/09/2014

Jessica, her sister and her mom run a stellar business! We've known them for years ever since we were young children and I just knew that when my brother used BDK for their paebaek services last year in NYC, we had to book them for our wedding in August. We just hoped they would come down to DC with their services. And luckily they were more than accommodating to come! My husband is Caucasian and I'm Korean, so we definitely needed the Korean translated into English for both sides of the family to understand what was going on and Jessica nailed it! Her Korean and English is so spot on and this is very difficult to find with other paebaek services. Any questions or concerns we had were always addressed right away. Their paekaek hanbooks were very clean and had lovely colors and the background set up and table and cushions looked fabulous! Even my event coordinator commented that BDK had the most beautiful paebaek outfits he's seen in the 20 years he's been in the wedding business. I special ordered my own hanbook and Jessica's mom did such a wonderful job making it. It looked beautiful - like a watermelon (meaning the colors I chose!) I would definitely recommend this company to fellow Koreans that plan on doing a paebaek in addition to their western ceremony. You won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Kiirsten · Married on 07/01/2014

BDK MINT was such a pleasure to work with! Jessica was incredibly responsive to all of our emails and generally got back to us within hours. She was so flexible with making everything work within our nontraditional venue and tailored a ceremony to perfectly fit our needs.

They travelled all the way out to our rural venue, set everything up, got us dressed, and walked us through every single step of the ceremony. The whole event went off flawlessly and was the perfect addition to our wedding. Hiring BDK MINT was the best decision we made for our entire wedding! They are a wonderful team! Couldn't give them a greater recommendation!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Naomi · Married on 05/30/2014

I had such a great experience with BDK. Jessica the coordinator is always prompt with her responses and also makes the whole experience fun and great!

Sent on 06/11/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 03/28/2014

Bidulki Judan, Inc. (bdk|mint) was EXCELLENT from the first step to the last step. With their smiling faces, they made my Korean family and my new Italian family so comfortable and involved. Their services, products, costumes, and props were top notch and beautiful and the photographs and video came out beautifully! I recommend Bidulki Judan, Inc. (bdk|mint) completely and honestly and will recommend them for years to come to all of my family and friends. Thank you so much, my family and I will remember your professionalism and warmth for the rest of our lives!! With much gratitude, Elizabeth and Phillip Caputo

Sent on 06/06/2014

Carmina · Married on 01/25/2014

I had a PaeBaek ceremony during my reception as the first event. We used that time to introduce both families. Jessica did an amazing job directing the family, explaining what was going on to our guest and making the ceremony very entertaining. Everything ran smoothly, I was able to give my in-laws a nice traditional gift (all the food from PaeBaek) and my pictures looked great. Everything ran smoothly, they were there on time and I really enjoyed working with them.

Sent on 02/15/2014

Deborah · Married on 11/16/2013

Bidulki Judan went above and beyond the call of duty. They paid attention to all the little details that can go haywire during a wedding. They easily adapted to the changes that we needed and were super professional. They also were very informative in describing the paebaek ceremony to non-Koreans. From the first time we met them to the very last minute, we recommend them for their professional, ease of all and awesome-ness in general! Thanks again to the BD team! :)

Sent on 11/18/2013

My Bidulki Judan Ladies!!!! They were the sweetest ladies EVER! So accomodating with all my requests (due to the surprise nature of our wedding). The ceremony was absolutly gorgeous! They were so patient with us in walking us through the ceremony and helping us get dressed into the hanboks, oh and not to mention all of my many emails back and forth of questions leading up to the big day= ). They incorporated all of our guests and made the ceremony fun for everyone. It was so much fun We absolutly loved it! We couldnt have asked for a more perfect paebaek!!!!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Chang · Married on 09/13/2013

Bidulki Judan was amazing. We were late on planning our Korean PaeBaek ceremony for our wedding but they were very accommodating and everything went smoothly during the ceremony. It was held during my reception and the ability for their staff to speak both Korean/English fluently for the audience also made things much easier. I had many friends and family come up to me after the wedding and mention that it was their favorite part of the wedding.

The setup was fast and the clothing and materials were beautiful. I highly recommend them for anyone's Korean wedding.

Sent on 09/18/2013