BBQ Connection LLC Reviews

BBQ Connection LLC 5
BBQ Connection LLC 6
BBQ Connection LLC 7

Dawn Saunders · Married on 06/09/2019

The food was delicious and plentiful - they took care of every detail!

Theresa was my main contact. She was extremely responsive to our detailed questions. They took care of set-up of the ceremony- and were able to adjust at the last minute with grace and speed. The tables were beautifully set - but the BBQ— was amazing! The food was warm, and delicious! John (the pit master) obviously takes pride in his work! And when the we’d was over, they packed up the extras and sent us home with it!

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • W

Whitney · Married on 10/06/2018

Awesome! So great to work with!

Our benefit dinner was an absolute hit in thanks to BBQ Connection! Our guests raved about the food and loved every single item supplied by them. Thank you SO much BBQ Connection!!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/28/2017

This is a trustworthy family run business, that is truly passionate about their food and their involvement in your day. They went above and beyond in many ways the day of my wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly and the food was just as we had planned. The presentation was the Rustic feel that we had planned and most importantly my guests raved about the food. Even my venue manager mentioned how wonderful they were to work with as they arrived on time, help set up and clean up. Amazingly they were also well below the cost of similar vendors with no compromise on the food. They really helped me stay on budget and were happy to give me advice when asked. I would recommend them to any of my friends and family!

Sent on 12/17/2017
    BBQ Connection LLC 8
    BBQ Connection LLC 9

Annie · Married on 09/16/2017

Teresa and John were wonderful start to finish! They really, really know what they are doing, both in terms of food taste and quality and in terms of preparation for a wedding. We did a whole hog BBQ for our wedding, and we were very impressed with the presentation. If you want BBQ for your wedding, these are the folks to go to!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Cheryl · Married on 07/29/2017

John and Teresa really helped to make our wedding amazing! Most of our guests were from out of town and we wanted them to experience real Southern BBQ and they did! The food was amazing and everyone was raving about it! John and Teresa were wonderful to work with. They were flexible with my menu changes, their food was delicious as promised and their staff was friendly & professional. We couldn't have asked for anything more. They even gave us the leftover food to take home and it was perfect. I highly recommend BBQ Connection and I hope to visit their shop on our next visit to Cville!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Alyssa · Married on 06/03/2017

We hired BBQ Connection for our Charlottesville vineyard wedding and we couldn't have been happier with the food! All of my guests said it was by far the best wedding food they had ever had and most went back for second and third helpings. Their catering coordinator was fantastic and made sure that my husband and I got full plates of food delivered to our seat before any other guests passed through the line and also set aside a plate of appetizers for each of us so that we wouldn't miss them during cocktail hour as we greeted our guests. My only complaint was that we didn't have nearly as much food left over as we thought we would because our guests ate everything but they certainly made enough for everyone to get their fill.

Sent on 11/15/2017
    BBQ Connection LLC 10
    BBQ Connection LLC 11
    BBQ Connection LLC 12
    BBQ Connection LLC 13

Krista · Married on 04/29/2017

From the first minute we met the Atkins at their restaurant till the last minute when they were giving us all the leftovers, we had a great experience with them. The food is fantastic, it is reasonably priced and Teresa and John are super easy to work with. On the day of the wedding it rained almost all day but John was still outside with his smoker and it smelled so good. Also, Teresa helped our budget by finding ways to cut catering costs. She didn’t need to do that but she did and we were super grateful. I would use them again for sure.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Jon and Teresa are such wonderful people! They were so helpful in setting up a menu that fit our day and budget. And they have the best BBQ we've ever had!!!! Jon and Teresa also drove to our venue so we could do our tasting!

Sent on 12/19/2014

The Atkins were wonderful! The scheduling and menu selection was easy. The day of the wedding, they arrived at the reception site and prepared all of the food on-site. The table setting and presentation were beautiful. The responsiveness to the guests was so friendly and accommodating. The food was delicious. They helped make the reception so relaxing and everyone had a great meal and a great time. I cannot give them high enough praise. You will not be disappointed.

The Father of the Bride

Sent on 02/23/2016

Bonnie · Married on 10/11/2014

John and Theresa of BBQ Connection provide absolutely top drawer wedding catering. The food, the service, all the extra details that made it special were completely wonderful. They are professional and so easy to work with, before, during, and after. Their food is not only supremely delicious but beautiful as well as beautifully served. We are so lucky they could do our wedding. We would have them over and over again. Best barbecue anywhere, hands down!

Sent on 10/01/2015
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/07/2014

Teresa and John were great. The food was amazing. They worked with us on the price and helped us cut costs to fit our budget. I had many people tell us that the food was some of the best BBQ they ever had, no wonder they have won so many awards! The Mac-n-cheese was the best I have ever had!

Sent on 06/23/2014

BBQ Connection is best in class!

Teresa and John are amazing -- I can assure you that their food is beyond amazing but more importantly, they have more heart and care more about their customers being happy than I have ever encountered. Their staff (which is also a good indicator of how well John and Teresa treat others) is what you would expect from a top catering company -- But the big difference is the fact that BBQ connection prepares food that is way better than any catering company could ever produce!

My husband is from Texas (as he would say "home of real BBQ") and he was sold immediately after our tasting (and we did tastings at 5 places!) - My parents were also involved since we live in NYC and John and Teresa personally invited them to a tasting and a class.

Our expectations for quality and service are very high (especially since we moved to NYC) so rest assured John & Teresa & BBQ connection are the BEST!

And if you want to make your guests happy - BBQ connection will please them beyond a doubt! Our friends are still talking about our wedding and how amazing the food was -- it is of course no surprise to us!

Sent on 02/06/2014
  • Thuy

Thuy · Married on 06/17/2017

Price was reasonable and the food was delicious (better than other bbq vendors in the area, we thought). Email communication could have been better, but overall, we were happy with the service.

Sent on 11/17/2017
    BBQ Connection LLC 14

Amie · Married on 07/13/2014

Jon and Teresa at The BBQ Connection are such kind people... not to mention, they make amazing BBQ! From our first meeting, they were extremely helpful in envisioning my reception meal and thinking through details with me. Since I was trying to cut costs in order to have a larger guest list, they made suggestions for ways to save money and were extremely flexible in working with me to find other vendors or ways to get my linens, tableware, and other rentals. Guests at our wedding were raving about the BBQ afterwards - everyone left very full and happy, and there was plenty of food left over for friends and family. This is a family business and I felt like they treated me like family, so it was wonderful to have them as part of my wedding day.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Over a year after our wedding, people still rave about the food. We've been to many events catered in Charlottesville by more expensive vendors, and nothing compares to what Teresa and John provided for us. They can go as fancy as you want, but their perfectly cooked basics (ribs, chicken, and asparagus especially!) blew us away. They were wonderfully accommodating for our vegetarian guests as well. Their catering staff was professional, courteous, and left our venue spotless (and our venue coordinator very happy). The personal touches and the face-to-face interactions in particular really drove home the difference between a one-time catering company and a company that cares about you and about their offerings.

Sent on 01/04/2015
  • User6200943 · 2+ years ago

BBQ was delicious, and all of the guests loved it. My only complaint was that an email that I sent must've been missed when I requested a vegetarian meal, so one of our guests had to eat sides only. However, that was partially my fault because I didn't follow up.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Nikki · Married on 02/28/2016

3.5

They were incredibly flexible with us! We had originally planned to have our ceremony and reception in the same room which required them to hire extra staff in order to flip the room. They gave us a reasonable price for this and were alright when we ended up having our ceremony outside! The food is so delicious. John even met us at our house for an incredible tasting!! We had our food buffet style but they made plates for my husband and I to make sure we ate! They even packed us leftovers to eat in the hotel after the wedding!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Anne · Married on 09/19/2015

We hired BBQ Connection to cater my daughter's wedding. The food was simply fabulous! They arrived on site promptly and were professional in their set-up. The service was great, and they were very pleasant to deal with. They were a little difficult to communicate with earlier in the process--not extremely quick to answer emails--but a lot of that might be my anxiety at getting details taken care of. They came through in the end! Really great BBQ!!!

Sent on 09/21/2015
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/07/2017

When it comes to price and quality John and Teresa's BBQ Connection is reasonable for what all it included! They were accommodating throughout the planning process and the day of they really delivered. The service was amazing and their hired staff helped make our guests feel catered to. The food was amazing and every guest that greeted us throughout the night talked about how wonderful it was. They even made sure that Michael and I got some of the appetizers once we had settled down to dinner.
    As with any vendor, I recommend having all things outlined in the contract before signing or putting down a deposit and if you plan to book with them make sure to order the ABTs; they are a must!

Sent on 11/16/2017