Bayou Bluegrass Catering Reviews

29 | Lexington, KY

29 Reviews for Bayou Bluegrass Catering

Tara · Married on 04/17/2010

Bayou Bluegrass helped my vision for my reception become a reality!! I have received many compliments on the food and the service was outstanding! I highly recommend having your event with them!! Don't miss out.

Sent on 02/10/2011

When we initially contracted with the Red Mile a year before the wedding they were in a state of transition with management so there were a few hic-ups at first. However having said that the results were perfect. We had the event at the historic round barn and the food was fantastic, the service excellent and the round barn was decorated beautifully. We were happy we made this the location for the wedding reception for my daughter and would recommend for anyone wanting a unique and beautiful location for a wedding.

Sent on 11/17/2014

One of the owners, Angie, was absolutely amazing! On the wedding day, she was there and available and really had things moving along smoothly. The venue is beautiful and has everything you could ask for. They are extremely busy, so they may not be able to respond to a phone call or an e-mail right away, but they are definitely worth it. The venue is an older location and has been around for awhile, so the furniture and decorations are not "new", but if you are looking for a great place for your guests to have a great time, have beautiful scenery, awesome food and really experience the Kentucky horse racing tradition, this is the place for you! We really had an amazing experience and it is all thanks to Angie and the staff at Bayou Bluegrass Catering.

Sent on 06/11/2013

3.6
      3.0
      3.5

I really enjoyed my wedding at the red mile, the food was good and everyone was helpful. The only thing I didn't like was how expensive it ended up being. They don't tell you before you put down a deposit about all the misc. fees and the huge service fee on top of the 2500$ just to reserve it and the cost of catering. It says that table linens are included but after being told the ones I chose were given to them by a previous bride, they charged me $50 for some reason to use them. It just seemed a little like they were nickel and diming and that added to the stress of planning a wedding. Also the servers were breaking down tables and decorations an hour before we were supposed to be finished and I felt rushed.
    But if you are ok with the price and are prepared to end up paying extra fees you didn't plan for, then I would recommend them.

Sent on 06/21/2013