Bay Pointe Inn and Terrace Grille Reviews

194 | Shelbyville, MI

194 Reviews for Bay Pointe Inn and Terrace Grille

• Donna

Donna Smith · Getting married on 03/07/2022

Wonderful wedding even during uncertain times

Our wedding looked very different due to COVID changes. Juno and the team at Bay Point where wonderful and flexible with all the changes that had to be made and kept us in the loop all the way around. Even though it was much smaller than we originally planned, I don't think it could have turned out any nicer.

Sent on 07/27/2020
  • Nora

Nora McCord · Getting married on 02/08/2021

Bay Pointe Inn Review

My husband and I had plans to get married at Bay Pointe Inn in April during the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic. When we cancelled, the staff at Bay Pointe were more than accommodating and understanding. There were no extra fees to change our wedding date and they even helped us move our venue location and change our food package. The staff is always available for a phone call and responds to emails within 24 hours. I have nothing but kind words to say about Bay Pointe Inn and will continue to recommend them in the future!

Sent on 08/24/2020
  • Samantha

Samantha Rush · Married on 10/18/2020

Perfect Wedding Experience

Bay Pointe Inn was the perfect place to get married! From start to finish, Jessica and Ashley were the most amazing pair to work with. As of the BIG day, all of the other staff were so professional, flexible and positive. Unfortunately, we had rain all throughout our wedding day (although I hear it is Good Luck ;) ). We had less than a 30m gap of time without rain and Kourtney and the team made a quick outdoor ceremony happen!! Due to COVID, Bay Pointe Inn ended up being our 2nd option when we had to change things around, but we wish we would've worked with them in the first place! The venue is absolutely gorgeous and a perfect place to start our new life together. I would highly recommend Bay Pointe Inn for any wedding or event in the future.

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Skye

Skye Lemmen · Married on 10/04/2020

Wedding at Bay Pointe Woods (during Covid pandemic)

Planning to continue with our scheduled wedding in the middle of the Covid pandemic was a tough decision, but I can say it was made much easier thanks to the events team at Bay Pointe Inn. Our wedding had to take place outside with less than 100 people even though our original plans were to be inside at their Bay Pointe Woods venue. Mariesa and Juno helped eradicate much of the stress despite all the changing government restrictions put in place for indoor gatherings. They arranged for a couple large outdoor tents so our event could still happen in the lawn by the venue, as well as heaters since we had an early October rental date. That took a lot of stress off my plate in a very difficult time. The wedding turned out beautifully despite the changed plans and our day of contact, Kortney, did a fantastic job all day running the wedding. Her help during the ceremony was greatly appreciated since we didn't hire a wedding planner, and I know she did so much throughout the night that I probably wasn't even aware of to keep things running smoothly. Truly a phenomenal team to work with on your big day, and I would recommend their services to anyone looking to host any type of event at their venues!! The team I worked with was always quick to respond with any communication and SO incredibly helpful from start to finish, even before Covid was really a thing that impacted our event. They are reliable, kind, and extremely professional. I truly have nothing but great things to say about everyone there. Aside from the wedding itself, the lodging staff at the Inn were fantastic as well, and we all had a great experience in both their Bay Pointe Woods Cottages and the hotel as well. Their entire team is there to make your event a success, and it truly showed around every detail arranged with them.

Sent on 10/22/2020
  • Alexis

Alexis Dalpiaz · Married on 09/20/2020

Amazing!

Not only is this venue gorgeous but they are also great to work with. They are so organized and make sure every detail for your day is perfect and they even give you a day of coordinator to make sure it all goes well. They were so helpful with every question and concern I had along the way. So happy I had my special day celebrated here. I received compliments all night from my guests on how beautiful the venue was.

Sent on 09/23/2020
  • Melissa

Melissa Chipelewski · Married on 09/18/2020

Exceptional

Ashley, Jessica and Shannon were great to work with. Our day was so special and flawless. I will cherish this day for the rest of my life.

Sent on 09/21/2020
  • Geoff

Geoff Roth · Married on 08/23/2020

Amazing wedding venue and hotel!

We knew that deciding to go through with our wedding in 2020 was going to be different, and it was, but the BayPointe team didn't change anything with how they treated us or our guests. Throughout the entire process, Mariesa and Juno, were the best to work with. They didn't push us to make a decision on the wedding, even though many of our guests couldn't make it, they adjusted and made it easy for us to pull back our guest count. To not have to worry about our venue, with everything else going on, was exactly what my wife and I wanted. We couldn't be happier that we chose BayPointe and look forward to celebrating many anniversaries there.

Also, to note, we booked the boat house the same weekend as our wedding and again, couldn't have been happier with that choice. It was a great place for friends and family to meet/hang out when the wedding wasn't going on. Would highly recommend this to other couples!

Sent on 09/20/2020
  • Hannah

Hannah Wolgamood · Married on 08/21/2020

Th best day!

We're so happy that we chose to have our wedding at Bay Pointe. We fell in love with the new Woods venue when we went to look and were so excited, and then when COVID happened we started getting worried but everyone at Bay Pointe was so good about communicating and responding to all our questions, and updating us on any changes. We had to move our reception outside which is not what we planned on but they helped us and tented everything. The day of coordinator (Shannon) was so helpful as soon as we got there for the rehearsal, up until we were done the next day. We stayed there the night before in the cottages and it was SO nice! She worried about the timing and set up of everything and all we had to do was get ready and be where she said, exactly what we wanted! Juno was so great with everything and arranging and answering all our questions up until the wedding and was always so responsive.
    We're so happy with how everything turned out and all our guests loved the woods venue and said everything was so beautiful. There's so many flowers and beautiful scenery you don't even need that much extra decor really. We had the best day and it was perfect!

Sent on 08/30/2020
  • Michelle

michelle eversman · Married on 07/25/2020

Boathouse Villa

We chose Bay Pointe Inn Boathouse Villa for our special day. It was the perfect setting! The staff was friendly, helpful and very responsive. The house itself and outdoor ceremony are all beautifully done. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/03/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly Elcombe · Married on 07/03/2020

The Most Perfect Day - Magical Winter Wedding

Our winter wedding at Bay Pointe was magical. As an out of country bride who also happens to be an event planner by profession, all the little details were so important for making our day special and memorable for our guests. Ashley and Jessica worked closely with us to ensure our event was perfectly timed, seamlessly executed and memorable for all those who attended. Our guests raved about the gorgeous resort, the Boathouse Villa ambience and the delicious food and beverages. Our pastor raved that we were the "chillest couple" he ever married - only made possible by the incredible staff at Bay Pointe who went above and beyond to make our wedding magical and memorable! Thank you so much! We can't wait to come back as husband and wife to celebrate at Bay Pointe.

Sent on 03/09/2020

Cameron Williams · Married on 06/07/2020

Good experience during a difficult time

We loved this venue and were super excited to get married here. Unfortunately the pandemic of 2020 intervened. The staff was amazing throughout the process of planning our wedding, and then making the difficult decision to cancel our wedding. They were prompt in answering questions and communicating. They were understanding and sympathetic to our anxiety. They were willing to work with us to reschedule a date later in the year or even into 2021. And when we finally made the difficult decision to cancel altogether they agreed to reimburse us our deposits. I would recommend this venue to anyone. Their courteous and professional staff as well as the beauty of the venue and ceremony location make this a must visit when planning your wedding. We will be giving our business to Bay Pointe Inn in the future!

Sent on 05/23/2020
  • Brenna

Brenna Bricker · Married on 05/29/2020

Perfect for a Small Wedding at the Boathouse

We had an amazing experience while staying at, and using Bay Pointe Inn for our wedding and catering services. We hosted a small wedding at the Boathouse and they were extremely helpful and accommodating along the way. Their team did an good job at putting the package together that supported our needs and the size of the Boathouse was perfect for our 38 person wedding. It offered beautiful views and was secluded enough to feel personal. The bartender services were fantastic and offered everything our guests needed.

Sent on 08/20/2020
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Garber · Married on 12/28/2019

Amazing wedding venue!!

Baypointe was the perfect venue!! Throughout the months leading up to the wedding they were very organized and helpful in sending reminders. The weekend of the wedding they made the day run smoothly and were extremely helpful. I would highly recommend baypointe for a wedding venue.

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Taylor

Taylor Nelson · Married on 09/13/2019

My perfect day!

My wedding at bay pointe was a dream ❤️ My dad has been staying there for years and they made sure to make him feel very appreciated for being such a long term customer. The lakefront pavilion and ceremony site was absolutely beautiful! All of my guests couldn’t stop raving about it. Lindsey, our day of coordinator did such a great job at making sure everything went smoothly that day. She was very professional and fun to work with! Kaylyn was my point of contact and the person I had been emailing for the last and she never misses a beat. She was always quick to respond and handled any questions I had and took care of anything I could not because I live a couple hours away from the venue. I would highly recommend this beautiful resort! Plenty of rooms for our guests and the new bay pointe woods condos are gorgeous and allowed room for my aunts to prepare all the wedding flowers. We had the southwest buffet for our wedding (tacos anyone?) and everything was absolutely delicious! Can not say enough great things about bay pointe!!

Sent on 09/20/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie Ervin · Married on 09/07/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

My husband and I had not heard of Bay Pointe Inn until we looked at it for a wedding venue. The moment we were greeted by Ashley for the tour I was impressed with her welcoming attitude and was very comfortable asking any and all questions; we booked the Boathouse Villa very shortly after this tour for our wedding.
    Ashley and Juno were extremely helpful during the wedding planning process, they were open and prompt with any questions and were very flexible with changes to the wedding planning. The day of the wedding we were assigned a wedding coordinator, Molly, who was fantastic, she kept the day running smoothly and anticipated every need that I could think of. The rest of the staff at Bay Pointe Inn were also equally as fantastic always asking what they could do to make our day special. The food was incredible, after we did the tasting we could not wait to have our dinner on our wedding day.
    Having our wedding at Bay Pointe Inn was one of the best decisions we have made, it was an incredible experience and we will remember it always. I highly highly recommend Bay Pointe Inn for anyone's wedding.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Laura

Laura Stark · Married on 07/28/2019

Everything we imagined

My husband and I were recently married at Bay Pointe Inn utilizing the arbor and pavilion space. The staff was nothing less than amazing. I had minimal decorations of my own which did not matter at all because the space itself was so gorgeous with breathtaking landscaping.

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 07/27/2019

Bay Pointe Inn was PERFECT!

I got married at Bay Pointe Inn on July 27, 2019 (two months ago). I am late on my review but better late than never! My wedding day was absolutely PERFECT!!! It was by far the BEST day of my life and while I can thank a million different people for helping make this day AMAZING, Bay Pointe Inn definitely added the cherry on the top. Everyone at BPI made my wedding weekend everything I have ever dreamed of and more! From the very beginning, Juno was awesome with communication throughout the entire planning process, she was always quick to reply to my emails and answer my questions, sometimes within minutes :) My Day Of Coordinator, Lindsey was amazing as well, she was on top of everything and I never had a chance to worry about anything because she had already taken care of it. She was the BEST! She helped make my day stress free and perfect :) I would also like to give a shout out to my bartender Aaron. My guest LOVED Aaron, he had an awesome personality and made everyone of my guest feel important and he never forgot my drink :) He was a great guy! If you are considering getting married at Bay Pointe Inn… DO IT!!! :) I HIGHLY recommend this venue and you’ll be nothing but happy! :)

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Jonathan

Jonathan Gentry · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing wedding

We got married in July right on the lake. This is the most beautiful wedding Venue. Everything thing here is perfect. From day one when you book the venue the staff treats you like royalty and knows you by name anytime you come in. Juno and Ashley the wedding planners are amazing they would answer your phone call or email right away and know who you are right away and would help in any way possible. They went far above what was needed. Staff on the wedding day is amazing they are So helpful and fun. They will do anything you ask and will have fun with your guests. You cannot ask for a better place to have a wedding at, from the beauty of the venue being right on the lake and the amazing staff. This place is well worth the money.

Sent on 07/30/2019

Kathy · Married on 07/12/2019

Wedding venue

We can’t say enough about our experience at the Bay Pointe Inn one week ago today. The level of service that we received from our wedding coordinators, Ashley and Juno, was outstanding. The communication was excellent, as was their willingness to work with us and listen to any concerns that we expressed. We, along with many family members, stayed in the boat house and had Bay Pointe cater a dinner the night before the wedding. As luck would have it, there was a cancellation in the pavilion and we not only had the boathouse but the pavilion for our wedding. In addition, Ashley listened to our concerns about accommodations for our guests and the moment rooms came available, she notified us. As a result, every one of our guests that wished to stay overnight had a place in the Inn or across the street at the newly opened Woods. The food was great, the service was great, the weather was great. We really would repeat the whole affair if we could. Many thanks to Jamie and Lindsey, our day of wedding coordinators, and Casey, and the whole crew that set up our venue and took it down. We rented a pontoon from a local boat vendor which was a blast to go around Gun Lake. We will return to enjoy the beautiful scenery and Inn.

Sent on 07/20/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Nooney · Married on 07/06/2019

Stay and wedding

Not only have we stayed at Bay Pointe Inn, and were blown away by how beautiful it is, we had our wedding at the new venue- Bay Pointe Woods. It was magical, and absolutely perfect. If any issues occurred, the staff were right there to jump in and fix the problem - no questions! They went above and beyond to help make our day go as smoothly as possible. We had MANY compliments on how amazing the grounds are, how well kept they are, and how gorgeous the rooms at the Inn and new cottages are as well! 5/5 LOVE and RECOMMEND!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Hannah Borgman · Married on 06/22/2019

The Perfect Balance of Natural Elegance!

We held our wedding and reception at Bay Pointe Inn at the Lakeside Ceremony site and it was the most perfect day! The venue was even better than I had remembered it being. The sounds of the lake and natural landscape were so romantic. We were so pleased with the professionalism of the staff and the detailed attention of the entire planning process, including the day of! I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to any couple!! Beautifully perfect!!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Monica

Monica Powers · Married on 06/21/2019

Wedding Venue

My husband and I chose Bay Pointe Inn for our wedding ceremony and reception venue and it was nothing short of amazing.

At first, we were a little hesitant due to the price, but we can tell you that you get everything you pay for and more. Our wedding coordinators Juno and Ashley were by our side helping with the planning from the moment we booked up until the big day. Their kindness and communication with us throughout the process was over 100%. Our day of coordinator, Steven, was truly a gift. He made sure our event was executed flawlessly; if it weren't for him, we can honestly say the day of our wedding would have been a disaster... but because of him and the rest of the staff at BPI, not a single thing went wrong.

We would recommend this venue to anyone 10x over. If we would have chosen another venue, we likely would have paid the same price, but would not have had a team of incredible staff to coordinate our event and take loads of stress and planning off of our shoulders! Choose Bay Pointe Inn for your dream day!! You WILL NOT regret it!!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 06/15/2019

Wedding at the Woods

This is an absolutely incredible space. Very responsive and accommodating staff - they will do everything they can to make sure your day is exactly what you want it to be! We were only their third wedding at their new Woods site and it couldn’t have gone any better. The space is beautiful, the food is awesome, and the cottages you can stay in are perfect for getting ready/guest lodging. 10 out of 10 would book again!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Sara Hall · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing Venue!

Absolutely amazing venue! From start to finish Bay Pointe made it easy to plan our special day! Mariesa and Kaylyn were fabulous in answering every single question we had and getting back to us in a timely manner. We rented the boathouse for the weekend and it was amazing to be able to spend the entire time with our friends and family in our own private space! Bay Pointe provided so many options for activities to do around the area from boat and kayak renting to private dinners and brunches. On our actual wedding day, the staff and our coordinator Lindsay made sure everything ran so smoothly and the day just flew by! We would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married or hold an event and will be back again for all our anniversaries to come!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Katie Vandenbosch · Married on 06/07/2019

The best day

When my fiancé and I toured this venue we knew immediately that we wanted to have our wedding here. The wedding coordinators at Bay Pointe were very easy to work with and they were able to promptly and clearly answer any question that we had. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Everything went so smoothly because of the amazing wedding coordinators. I also loved having the ceremony and reception all at the same venue, this saved so much time and hassle! All of our guests loved the venue as well, saying that our wedding was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been too. We are so happy that we chose to have our wedding at Bay Pointe Inn!

Sent on 06/18/2019