Bay Area Wedding Videography By Bay Area ViDeO Production Reviews

60 | San Francisco, CA

60 Reviews for Bay Area Wedding Videography By Bay Area ViDeO Production

jim · Married on 07/23/2011

3.0

We felt comfortable with Dom from the moment we first met. He was very friendly and professional, and took the time to show us a lot of examples of his work. Dom also took the time the day before the wedding to walk through the church in preparation for our big day.
    We picked up our DVDs a few weeks ago, and we couldn't be happier with them. They're getting a LOT of use...it's rare that a day goes by that we don't watch at least a short clip!

Sent on 11/25/2011
  • laura

laura · Married on 10/02/2009

3.0

I can't say enough how lucky we felt that we had Dom as our videographer - he lives up to his reviews, seriously. The quick reasons for getting Dom, because I could launch into a long story about how great he is and how thankful we feel:
    - He'll capture every single thing (I mean everything, lots of great footage) from your day and make it all look like a piece of art (you can tell he does this for a living because he loves it, and because he's REALLY good at it)
    - He is very professional, sincere, always up for being in touch and responding to any and all questions right away (I'd like to think I wasn't that bride...but I probably was, he was patient and super prompt in getting back to me about anything and everything I'd ask or want to know or want him to know), and unbelievably sweet.
    - You literally won't even realize he's at your wedding, in a good way - I was scared that if we got a videographer that the team and cameras would be in our face the whole time, but Dom was the opposite - he got everything and I forgot he was there. I didn't even notice him until the end of the night when he came to say goodbye.
    -He has a lot of experience - leading up to our wedding and the whole day of our wedding I could tell he knows what he's doing, from start to finish you don't need to worry about him or check in with him at all the day of, he is on it, really.
    - Just go for a consultation appointment and see, he has numerous examples of his work and he'll patiently (with no pressure) show you your options and what he can do for you.
    You'll want this dvd, trust me. A good friend convinced me that I'd regret not getting a video (I was tight on budget, so was considering just asking friends to take some video on their flip cameras), and I'm so glad she told me to get a videographer. There are things you'll get from your wedding video that your photographer (and even friends who take their own videos here and there) won't be able to capture. I feel like I have a hollywood movie version of my wedding, in a great way. Oh!, and you'll get a "music video" of your wedding (a summary of the best scenes, put to whatever music you pick) that you can email friends and family who couldn't be there (you can even upload it to facebook, etc.), and we were given dvds for our parents as well (in Blu-ray! So great).
    I remember reading these reviews before picking Dom and hoping they were right, hoping I'd get to be on this end now with a beautiful, amazing wedding video...I just feel like I have to let people know all of this, because there are enough things to worry about when planning a wedding and I remember what it felt like to worry and stress and not be sure who was good and reasonable - truly, you can trust the reviews when it comes to him, you won't regret picking Dom.

Sent on 04/29/2010
  • pam

pam · Married on 09/19/2009

3.0

Hiring Dom was the best decision my husband and I ever made!! Initially, we decided not to hire a videographer because most of the wedding videos we saw were so cheesy. We just couldn't pay so much money for such crappy work. Anyway, two months before our wedding, we searched for videographers again because we didn't want to regret the decision of not getting our wedding day documented. During our search, there were moments where we almost gave in and wanted to just hire someone who's work we didn't even really care for just to get it over with!! Luckily, I found Dom on google! I watched his music videos on Vimeo and totally fell in love with his work! I called him and left a message and within a minute, he called me back! I spoke with him on the phone and liked him already! After my husband and I saw longer versions of Dom's work during our first meeting, we hired him on the spot! We got the 3 camera package at such a reasonable price! On the day of our wedding, he arrived early and was very professional! He gave us our wedding video as scheduled and I teared when my husband and I first watched our music video! He definitely told the story of our wedding day and captured all the special moments. Most importantly, our wedding video was not at all corny!! I have watched it so many times already! I would highly recommend Dom! Not only are his prices reasonable, you can't even compare his work to those videographers who charge an arm and a leg for a crappy wedding video. Dom is definitely one of the best you'll find in his field, plus he's such a sweet person!!- Pam & Tien

Sent on 03/06/2010
  • jeff

jeff · Married on 07/18/2009

3.0

Hiring Bay Area VDO Production by Dom Guntavong and team is/was one of the best decisions we've made as far as our wedding vendors were concerned!

From the very start, Dom has been the model professional. One of Dom's enduring qualities as a professional videographer is his ability to treat his clients like people - with integrity and honesty. He does what he says he'll do and isn't one of those vendors that once he gets the deposit, the customer service goes down the drain. Also, Dom understands the photographer-videographer relationship and will make sure he does not step on your photographer's toes. This is really important to consider, since no one likes to have their videographer in their wedding photos!

On the day of our wedding, Dom and his team were quite inconspicuous. It was like he was never there, yet he was able to capture all the moments of our special day. When we finally viewed the finished product, we were so amazed because he was able to get this one moment where I told my bride "I love you" and another moment where I kissed my bride and asked for another kiss. This is HUGE because with about 9 hours of raw footage to edit and review, he was able to isolate those moments and put them in the finished product!

With such high quality, you would expect to pay a huge amount for it, but with Dom, you simply can't beat his pricing. We got an AWESOME deal with the custom package we purchased. With other videographers, they charged $1500-$2000 more for the same package. Also, with Dom's satisfaction policy (you don't pay the balance due unless you're satisfied with the finished product) it is simply unheard of! And yes, he sticks by that! I'll be honest, there was a slight error on our wedding video, and when we told Dom about it, he apologized and promptly fixed it. Not once did he ever try to collect on the balance due - he acknowledged his mistake, fixed it promptly, and re-delivered the finished product during the timeframe he promised. He made sure we were happy with everything before asking for final payment. Now that's customer service/satisfaction!

We highly recommend Bay Area VDO Production!!! With Dom, you get professionalism, integrity, quality, value, and customer service/satisfaction. He is simply the best at what he does!

Jeff & Marianne

Sent on 11/19/2009

chealsea · Married on 07/12/2008

Your created our music video absolutely beautiful! The entire video is wonderful, and we absolutely LOVED the music video!! It was perfect! Thank you so much for everything!!! We just can't thank you enough! :)
    Much love,
    Chelsea & Brian Gomber

Sent on 12/03/2008
  • ryan

ryan · Married on 05/23/2010

3.0

As we were planning our wedding, we never factored in a wedding videographer into our budget. However, after long debate with our families we decided that it was imperative to get video because truth be told, the day goes by so fast, that we will never have an opportunity to relive those moments in time. My wife and I tend to cross reference everything we purchase so when it came to finding a videographer, Bay Area VDO Production was actually one of many possible videographers we considered. After meeting Dom in person, we were both sold. His professionalism, promptness, and easy to get along with attitude made us both feel at ease in our decision. He also was happy to work within our budget. After our meeting, I remember telling my wife how happy and confident I feel with Dom and I think it was one of the better decisions we made in our wedding planning process. Weeks before the wedding, Dom would send us emails reminding us of song selections and always asking us if we had any other requests or questions. I appreciated the fact that he was on top of this and it made our lives a little easier without having to worry about something else for the big day. On the day of the wedding, Dom and his assistant showed up on time and began filming. They filmed the entire day and were not intrusive. Most of the time, we even forgot that they were there filming! After the honeymoon, Dom provided our wedding footage and music video on time as promised. The packaging was beautiful as well! Dom has an amazing talent and was able to edit the raw footage into a wonderful edited video for us. He used mostly music that we selected, and it all blended together so nicely! The music video montage was excellent as well. He knows how to draw the viewers into the moment as if they were living it. I can not stop watching our wedding music video. I feel like I am in my own movie and it's a great feeling. Dom definitely exceeded my expectations and we both love our wedding footage. Thank you Dom! I would highly recommend him to anyone planning on a wedding. I understand that most couples don't even consider a wedding videographer because its just something that often gets overlooked due to the importance placed on getting your wedding photographed. However, Dom stands out in the crowd with his ability to capture these priceless moments in time and years from now we will always relive those emotions as we watch our wedding footage and someday we can share that with our children. Thanks again Dom. Win and I are very happy with everything!!

Sent on 08/09/2010
  • Eillen

Eillen · Married on 01/31/2010

Dom and his staff were very discreet at the wedding but they captured every moment. When I did catch a peek of them, they were always genuinely smiling and it seemed they were really happy for us.

During the editing process, he spent a lot of time with me patiently helping to find the best song for the "music video." He gave his honest opinion about how most of my choices would affect the flow of the video, until I finally came up with the perfect song. I knew it was the right one when Dom simply said "this is good." He edited the footage to the song in a very moving way and was really invested in the outcome. Now I have a wonderful and concise wedding music video that I can send to all my friends, along with the longer and full versions of the wedding I can watch at home with my husband and family. Thank you very much Dom!- Eileen and Dima

Sent on 04/28/2010

Bolin · Married on 04/18/2009

3.0

Dom is excellent! He is the choice for wedding videography!

We planned to interview several videographers and Dom was out first and only. From the first meeting to the wedding videography to the post production, we were confident he would get it done. With all the wedding planning stress, we did not have to worry ourselves with videography because we were fully confidence that he could do it and he delivered. Dom and his team are extremely professional, and know where they need to be to capture the shots for our banquet.

The video he produced for us is truely special and unqiue, and captured everything we wanted. Thanks for everything Dom.

Sent on 07/06/2009
  • connie

connie · Married on 04/10/2010

4.2
      3.5

Bay Area VDO Production did a great job at recording our wedding. We had VDO do our wedding in April, and the company is totally professional from start to finish. Great service is what we got from the first meeting to the last. Dom, the owner, really cares about his clients and the finished product that he provides. He is courteous, and responsive throughout the whole project, and we were pretty pleased with his service and the product he provides.

On the wedding day, he really treated us well, and he did a great job. He and his crew were nice and came on time with no bad attitudes or overblown egos. They did their work in the background and really knew what they were doing. They tried to stay out of the way of the other vendors, and they take requests and special requests seriously. You get the feeling that they really want to give you quality service, attitude and product. We were very pleased with their performance at our wedding. They were one of our best vendors.

The actual videos and disc that we received after the wedding were very good too. They provide a beautiful container for the compact discs and the disc labels looked really nice. The quality of the video and sound were great, and his editing was good. My wife and I were satisfied and pleased, and the results ranked up there with many of the other samples wedding videos we looked at before we selected VDO - his product was probably better than most. For the price and the type of equipment they are using, they did a really good job. As a realist, I knew I wasn't going to get a network TV broadcast or a feature film quality video just because Hollywood productions uses so much more complicated equipment, set-up, lighting, and audio. The price for something like that would be super expensive, and Dom did not provide that for us - at least at our pricepoint. I wasn't expecting that, but we did get a fantastic video recording of our wedding day that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

We're very happy with VDO's service and product.

Sent on 08/01/2010

Kanika · Married on 07/31/2010

3.8
      3.0

Our wedding was a hindu ceremony with many details and Dom captured them all in a beautiful and elegant manner. The wedding area was in a very tight space, and we were amazed Dom was able to get all different angles, faraway, close ups, and normal. He also incorporated all my requested songs in the dvd with smooth transitions and finesse. There was a remix clip which captured the entire wedding, and a brief toast interviewing some of the guests. These were unexpected pleasant surprises. Thanks, Dom!

He is very talented and very thorough. He was able to customize the dvd with my requests with excellent quality blu rays in beautiful packages. We had also been lazy throughout to collect all our dvds and he kept reminding us, to pick them up as had already paid for them.

I highly recommend him. He is an expert with the camera and wonderful to work with.

Sent on 04/03/2011