Bauer's Catering Reviews

4.5 out of 5 rating
    4.7 out of 5 rating

Marcia Married on 07/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A very smooth and pleasant experience

This is the second wonderful experience we have had with Bauer’s Catering. My oldest daughter chose Cuneo Museum for her wedding in July of 2014 and Bauer’s did the catering. We could not have been more pleased with flexibility, professionalism and food quality, taste and presentation. Mary Bauer with so accommodating to work with. Now in 2022 my youngest daughter was married at Cuneo with Bauer’s doing the catering and even though the wedding was postponed two years due to COVID Mary and Eddie Bauer jumped into gear and kicked into the previous wedding plans from two years back. Our guests again commented on how delicious the food was as well as the wines served during dinner. I definitely recommend Bauer’s as a premier caterer and we will use them again for another event. Cheers!
  • MrsMorales
    Nikki Married on 09/19/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Eddie, Mary, Doreen, Wendy and all of the Bauer Catering team are like family to us! We w
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 09/30/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bauer was amazing! They handled my last minute catering request with professionalism and really listened to what I wanted. They are true wedding professionals. My guests were so impressed with the food and the black tie servers. Best prices in the Chicagoland area for the level of service and quality you get!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Mark Married on 09/01/2018
      4.0 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Bauer's Catering was great and provided delicious food for our wedding. The tasting they held was nice and helpful, plus we got to eat a lot of good food! They were also very accommodating to a lot of special requests (custom appetizers, dietary restrictions, etc.). Their staff was friendly and provided great service. One nice bonus we appreciated was that we were given a plate of our cocktail hour appetizers at our sweethearts table since we did not have much time to enjoy the appetizers due to photographs and greeting guests. I would definitely recommend them.
  • kdtalker22
    Katie Married on 06/26/2010
      4.0 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Their food was spectaular. Each plate was served with an orchid in the middle. Prices were very reasonable and they were flexible in working with our demands. Eddie, the company's owner is very knowledgeable and friendly.
  • User1258726 2+ years ago
    4.2 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
    We went with the Lehmann Mansion and Bauer's is the only choice you have if you go with the Lehmann Mansion. Therefore, you are contracted to have only them. My husband and I are both vegetarians. We were insistant that our wedding would be a vegetarian wedding. Eddie Bauer gave us much grief regarding this and also charged us extra for having a meal which is normally much cheaper than meat is. I am disappointed in Eddie for that reason, and his lack of flexibility. I think that our contact person, Doreen, was really good and she tried very hard to help us out and accomodate us with our requests. Overall, the food was nicely done in presentation, but the taste I wasn't thrilled about completely at my wedding (the tasting he did a better job at). I think he could have done a better job overall and I was extremely disappointed with his lack of flexibility with who we are as a couple. He insulted us at our tasting also when we told him that we were vegetarians. This is not a smart thing to do since my husband is not only a management company for hospitality venues and hires caterers on a regular basis, but my husband could have really helped Eddie out a great deal. I think had Eddie really gotten passionate about cooking something different, he could have really made himself out to be a huge superstar with us and we would have helped him out with hiring him for events at the hotels we run. I am marking down that i would recommend to a friend, but if i were able to pick a different caterer for our venue, I may have done so.