Baubles and Brides Reviews

10 | San Clemente, CA

10 Reviews for Baubles and Brides

McCall · Married on 09/27/2013

Nancy was amazing! My bouquet was amazing. Nancy was so easy to work with. She was there to answer any questions I needed and she was very flexible about meeting with me. I loved Nanacy and the beautiful keepsake bouquet she made for me. If you are looking for some thing unique and one of a kind I highly recommend a brooch bouquet from Baubles and Brides. I had many heirloom brooches from my grandmother and Nancy did an amazing job not only taking care of my brooches, but she made me a beautiful bouquet. This is something I will be able to cherish forever, and pass down to my daughter. I love it and I found the whole experience of shopping for brooches and seeing the finished bouquet so fun. My beautiful bouquet was the final touch of an amazing day! Thank you Nancy! I wish I could do it all over again! So sad it's over!

Caterina · Married on 05/04/2013

How do I even begin to commend Nancy of Baubles and Brides?! It was over a year ago I stumbled upon Baubles and Brides on Etsy during an initial research for vintage wedding bouquet idea. The fact that I only live within an hour from her, so I contacted her and to get some idea of her work. Within 10 minutes of our initial meeting, I felt utterly comfortable with Nancy and trusted that she loves what she does and she genuinely cares to provide an once in a life time experience for her brides. And yes I had, and dare I said, we had built not just a client relationship but a sincere friendship throughout the brainstorming and creative process.
    Her encouragement for me to hunt for the perfect brooches for my bouquet and the knowledge that she provided me was paramount. One might think that it's only a small part of the wedding, but let me tell you based on my experience and my recent wedding, the bouquet had turned into the center of the attention along with the bride, as it is very much part of the ensemble. It tells a story of who you are as a bride. Everyone, gentlemen and ladies alike, old or young were amazed with the craftsmanship and the details Nancy put to assemble and design the bouquet. It tells my story. It is now proudly sit on my shelf as a centerpiece as a reminder of what a wonderful piece of art we created and collaborated, but also the beautiful friendship which had built through this wonderful process.
    The professionalism, the creativity but most important genuine care for her bride had made it more than just an adornment, but a beautiful part of the journey which every bride ventures in search of that dream come true day!
    I wish that every bride will and can share that experience!
    That brooch bouquet embodies more than I ever expected, Not just the Beauty in visual but it's Voice in telling my story!

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2012

Nancy Hendrix is a genius. If you want a one-of-a-kind bouquet, an absolute show stopper, an "Oh my goodness, look at her bouquet" type of bouquet (and WHAT bride doesn't?!) then Nancy at Baubles and Brides is who you want!! Not only did she give me a unique and inspired bouquet but she gave me the oppourtunity to hold my family in my hands as I married my soulmate. I love that it is a piece of art & that when people see it and ask "What's that?" I get the pleasure of telling them "THAT was my wedding bouquet." Then their mouth just falls open...It's awesome!

Michelle · Married on 07/04/2012

When I married my husband 17+ years ago, I had a beautiful bouquet of real flowers. Problem is, those flowers are long gone, and, back then all photography was done on film. Our photographer made a simple mistake that left us with none of the perfect images that every bride dreams of getting. I've known since then that I wanted a do-over some day, but getting to that some day took quite awhile.

At the beginning of this year I started planning our vow renewal. I poured over images for the perfect cake, dress, photographer (very important) and bouquet. I've never been a huge flower girl because, well, they are beautiful, but they are short-lived. I was poking around on Pinterest, and lo and behold - I saw the most unique and gorgeous bouquet made of brooches. How inspired! Something beautiful and lasting. I immediately contacted Nancy and set about making a plan. I didn't know much at first, except that I loved her New York design. And, that I would have touches of blue in our ceremony.

Initially, she was going to provide all the brooches and baubles. Then, it occured to me that I had some pieces from my grandparents. All of my grandparents were in attendance at our first ceremony. Sadly, most of them have passed away. By including these very special pieces, Nancy was able to give me not just the most memorable, talked about and glorious accessory a bride can dream of having, but she also allowed me to carry my grandparents with me during our ceremony.

And, thankfully I have tons of gorgeous images from this service. Still, my bouquet is too beautiful to be hidden away. I had a special acrylic box made to house showcase my bouquet. I wanted to protect it from the elements but still be able to admire it and have instant access to all the memories it contains.

I'm so grateful to Nancy for creating my one of a kind, perfect brooch bouquet. Thank you Nancy! Your talent, kindness and care are truly gifts. I'm so lucky to have found you.

CaLa · Married on 06/28/2012

Shelly has been a dear friend of mine for close to 20 years now. She has a special place in my heart andI wanted to do something truly unique to commemorate her special day. Most people would be in a bit of a quandary about what qualifies as the perfect gift, but lucky for me, I had an ace in my pocket. Two years ago, my sister got married and Nancy created the beautiful Tombstone bouquet for her. I wanted the same for Shelly. Shelly and I are both divas at heart and I wanted something that was flashy but not gaudy, classy but not too understated. I knew Nancy was the one that would be able to make those wants a reality. Like my sister’s wedding, the brooch hunt was an adventure. Nancy told me from the beginning that purple (Shelly’s favorite color) was hard to find. “No problem,” I thought. “I’m creative. I’ll put my thinking cap on and I will not be detoured!” FYI future brides – It’s true. Purple brooches are very hard to find. I was fortunate to travel a lot this year, which expanded my pool of second-hand stores to peruse for brooch treasures. At the end I had a hefty collection of brooches, necklaces, clip-on earrings, and post earrings from all around the country. Admittedly, when I handed the collection over to Nancy, I knew the pieces would work, but I had no idea how without the bouquet being gaudy. This, my friends, is where the designer’s talent definitely comes into play. What Nancy created was truly spectacular. The Songbird not only met my expectations but exceeded them. I love what she created and more importantly, the bride was over the moon about her bouquet. Thank you, Nancy! People are going to be talking about this bouquet for a long time.

HEBA · Married on 06/07/2012

When I first saw Nancy's work I fell in love with it and knew right away that this is the bouquet I wanted to carry on my wedding... First, I thought it would be a hassle to do it since I live in the Middle East and the bouquet will be made in the Sates, but once I emailed Nancy she made it feel easy and the process went extremely smooth. I collected the brooches from most of my family and friends (which are all over the world) and sent it right away. I received the bouquet right on schedule, she even emailed me a sneak peek of the bouquet before I got it.
    Nancy also kept in touch with me after the wedding to check on me, the wedding and of course the bouquet.
    I'm now in the process of moving in to my new home and I can't wait to decorate it with the bouquet.
    Thanks a million Nancy.

Heather · Married on 06/02/2012

Yes…we live happily every after. What a beautiful bouquet you made for me. I was so touched with the loving way you treated all of my “special” treasures and created a piece of art for me to carry on my wedding day! You allowed me to honor special loved ones who could not be there with us. Although my wedding was wonderful & perfect….my bouquet was the “HIT” of the party! Much love and thanks to you for everything you did. Heather

Megan · Married on 07/01/2011

I spent around 8 months planning my wedding- much less time than I ever thought I'd give myself for such a large event. It's amazing what you make time for, however! I poured over magazines and blogs and saw every idea from country to glamorous. When I came across the brooch bouquet "Marilyn" on one of my favorite blogs (Grey Likes Weddings), I thought it was the most fantastic accessory I'd ever seen! I didn't think it was possible to have one of my own, but Nancy was willing to work with my price point and together we devised a plan for collecting brooches. I had some of my own, some passed down from my grandmothers and I also asked friends and family to gift them to me at various showers. Nancy also selected a few from her own collection to round out the group. She even found one that mimicked our wedding brand (arch of orange circles/bubbles) to place in among the other white/silver brooches. At first the color distracted me, but ultimately it was a really nice touch- taking unique to UNEQUALED. Everyone was enamored of the bouquet and I am so glad I have such a personal momento from that day. I'll keep it forever.

Raquel · Married on 05/15/2011

I'm a real Sex and the City type girl, so when Mom and I started planning my wedding, I knew every detail had to be unique as well as make a statement. My colors are turquoise and purple, so when we found Nancy's Shake Your Tail Feathers bouquet, I said this is the one! I received it a few days ago and it is perfect. Not only that, Nancy promptly and perfectly made the minor changes I asked for. I'm positive that everyone will be amazed when they see tmy bouquet at the reception! Thank you Nancy!

Jessie · Married on 11/13/2010

I saw Nancy's work in April of 2010. I was getting married in November of 2010. When I saw Nancy's "Marilyn" bouquet in person I thought it was one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen. I decided I needed one of her creations for my own wedding. My budget was tight so Nancy, willing to work outside the box, helped me track down materials that would help me get what I wanted at the price point I could work with. Obtaining the broaches and baubles for the bouquet turned out to be quite a fun and memorable bonding adventure for myself, my sister, my mom and my mother and sister in-law. Once we got everything together I gave Nancy an idea of what I was looking for. Seeing as I am not artistic in any way and thus not able to explain things artistically, the fact that she was able to perfectly capture the idea of what I wanted was awesome! She ended up doing our bootineers and corsages for our wedding party as well. Everyone involved loved their unique bootineer/corsage keepsake and I LOVED my bouquet. I still get asked about it. Nancy is awesome and she will create a bauble that you will absolutely adore.