Battleson Entertainment Reviews

185 Reviews for Battleson Entertainment

1 User photo

Battleson Entertainment 1

Jansen · Married on 04/20/2013

yet another 5/5 review for Bruce and Battleson Entertainment, as he ensured my 250 guests enjoyed our wedding by providing the soundtrack. i have to admit that he gave me 100% control of what music was played by only playing songs from a list of around 300 songs i hand chose, but finding a professional who gives you that kind of freedom in itself is pretty awesome. Bruce also had enough equipment for three separate areas (cocktail hour, dinner, and dancefloor), and took care of all the standard wedding procedures like the bridal party entrance, speeches, slideshow, first dances, etc. even when we met before the wedding date to go over details, he was very professional, and helped my wife plan the itinerary to ensure the night went smoothly. in the end, i have absolutely nothing to complain about Bruce, and anyone who has any questions can contact me at jgranflor at yahoo and i can go into detail more about how much of a right decision he was for our special night. remember that there are two things people will remember about your wedding - the food, and the music, and if you hire Battleson Entertainment, you can relax and turn your attention to the appetizers and cake, cause Bruce will take care of everything else...

Sent on 05/08/2013

Kristin · Married on 04/13/2013

Gus was an amazing DJ. He did such a great job of making sure every guest was involved in all the major aspects of the reception such as the announcement of the wedding party, first dance, cake cutting, speeches, etc. I would recommend Gus to anyone who wants to have an amazing time at their wedding! Thank you Gus for making our day extra special!

Sent on 04/23/2013

Shannon · Married on 02/22/2013

Bruce did an amazing job with our wedding!! The music was fabulous and the lighting he brought o the room was AMAZING! It really made the reception area look breath taking!!

Sent on 03/06/2013

Kathryn · Married on 12/29/2012

Bruce is the best! He is so amazing at what he does and everyone had a great time! He is very professional and affordable! He provided me with beautiful up lights that were very reasonably priced! I have been to four weddings now, including my own, with Bruce Battleson as DJ and he far surpasses any other DJ!!! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/21/2013

Carolyn · Married on 11/17/2012

What can I say..Bruce is AMAZING!!! He is professional and very well organized. He gives you a CD and a list of commonly played songs for different parts of the reception. He also provides you with an online tool to help you better organize your timeline. But makes Bruce stand out from other DJs/MC's...he is full of energy and great idieas. I recieved nothing but compliments throughout my wedding night and my guests couldn't stop talking about him even days after my wedding. He has an awesome way of getting my guests involved with games and activities...and trust me...his games are not cheesy. My guests were laughing so hard and they kept saying how clever his ideas were. I had a very detailed and a bit complicated dinner reception, but Bruce went over the timeline with me minute to minute to make sure everything is accounted for and all the names are pronounced appropriately. He sincerely cares about making my special day perfect. And of course...he did a great job with the music selections. He definitely knows how to cater to a wedding crowd. My friends and family friends of all ages loved the music. After the wedding, a few of my friends were asking me for his contact info. Thank you Bruce for making my wedding night so memorable!

Sent on 11/21/2012

Kelley · Married on 11/10/2012

My husband and I had Gus as our DJ. He did an outstanding job! Many of our guests told us that they really enjoyed and loved our wedding. They said it was very organized and elegant, and that is all thanks to Gus for keeping things on track. He did an excellent job with the music selection he played! Our guests really enjoyed the music. He really listened to us and followed through to what we wanted for our wedding. Also I caught my photographer dancing a bit. Lol, I am assuming she liked the music as well. Hehe. In addition, Gus really went out of his way to make sure that we were taken care of. We are so grateful for all of his hard work. He really made our wedding day everything we hoped it would be! :)

Sent on 11/21/2012

Karl · Married on 11/10/2012

Bruce and his team are great! Bruce recently DJ'd our wedding, and it was perfect! Battleson Entertainment came highly recommended both by our wedding venue and friends that have used and been to many weddings using Bruce and or his team.

Honestly, I feel that his prices are super competitive compared to other wedding vendors making him a great value!!! Bruce works with you and makes recommendations that I feel are needed in this process.

He also provides CD's of other weddings and events to help put your mind where it needs to be to choose music for your big day. Bruce is the best and the best deal in OC!

Sent on 11/26/2012

Dj Gus listened to our individual preferences and kept it classy and upbeat! Great dj and great company.

Sent on 11/04/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 11/03/2012

During the whole planning process, my fiance and I wanted to find a DJ that would provide the best possible service, customer satisfaction, and value. We extensively searched DJs on Yelp, Wedding Wire, FB Friend Referrals, and our Local A-List wedding vendor reviews. We called and met with a handful of DJs before giving Bruce a call. He initially didn't show up in our search since he does venues north of San Diego, but we couldn't have been happier that we decided to give him a call to DJ a wedding in San Diego. From our initial conversation, Bruce was honest, very easy to talk to, and seemed like he really cared about providing us with excellent service. My fiance and I decided to meet up with him and he gladly made the trip down to San Diego. Bruce asked us what kind of attire we wanted him to wear and how involved we wanted him to be with the wedding guests, which made us feel really comfortable about Bruce's ability to give us exactly what we wanted. Once we officially selected Bruce to be our DJ, he was responsive to all of our inquiries leading up to the big day. He even attended our final walk through at the reception with our catering manager and wedding coordinator! I've never heard of a DJ do something like that, but it's a testament to the professionalism and care Bruce provides his customers with. We even had a few changes to the music a few days before the wedding and Bruce was more than happy to make those changes for us! If you're reading this review and still need someone to DJ your wedding, pick up the phone and give Bruce a call!!! You will not be disappointed!! Thanks Bruce!!!

Gina · Married on 10/20/2012

Gus was the perfect DJ! I could not recommend him and Battleson Entertainment more. They were very nice to deal with, professional and super friendly. They go out of their way to make sure you are getting the kind of DJ you want and customize everything for you. I loved working with Gus and have received a bunch of compliments about "my wedding DJ" from several guests. Gus is an outstanding MC, and made sure I had the "super fun" wedding I wanted. 5 of 5 stars!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Ryan · Married on 10/12/2012

Choosing a vendor that will have such a huge impact on your reception can be scary but after I first talked to Bruce I knew he was the one! Bruce made so much sense and greatly eased our planning pains, even when things changed last minute he was there to help us out! Bruce explained everything clearly from the start and answered our millions of questions right away. We decided to invest in some additional lighting for the reception area and it came out better than we could have ever imagined! He had everyone on the dance floor all night long, even my 82 year old grandma! A very knowledgeable, personable and professional DJ who made the whole experience a dream come true. The music was awesome and the lighting was magical. We have had so many people tell us how much fun they had and that it was the best reception they have been too. Looking back I couldn't imagine not using Battleson Entertainment!

Sent on 11/04/2012

Alise · Married on 10/07/2012

Bruce was an amazing choice as a DJ. He played current music and had everyone on the dance floor. He didn't let anything go wrong and my wedding ran so smoothly. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Claire · Married on 09/29/2012

We got to work with Bruce from Battleson Entertainment for our wedding, and we were thoroughly impressed. He knew exactly what we wanted from the initial meeting, and was so good about follow up and communication leading up to the wedding. We weren't sure how many of our guests would be out on the dance floor, but it was packed the entire night. Our guests of all ages were genuinely surprised to find themselves staying on the dance floor for hours; a sign of an awesome DJ! He was organized, professional, accommodating, and played a GREAT mix of songs. I can't say enough good things!!

Sent on 10/31/2012

jason · Married on 09/29/2012

Bruce at Battleson Entertainment was terrific! Not only was Bruce willing to meet with us prior to our wedding to go over last minute details, but instrumental in the success of our wedding. What’s more, his work experience, passion, and talent were at a great value. Bruce knows the business well, and is a true industry professional.

We would recommend Bruce to those looking for a talented, funny, and thoughtful DJ/MC.

Tracy · Married on 09/15/2012

Ok, our DJ Gus Garcia was AMAZING!! We loved how Gus took the time to sit down with us before the wedding to go over exactly what we wanted. I had a particular genre of Spanish Guitar music picked out for my ceremony, and left it up to Gus to choose the songs. Every song he chose was perfect, and I loved how he mixed the ceremony songs so they flowed together. Now my reception was AMAZING! My husband and I loved how Gus did not pressure us on time schedule and went with the flow of the wedding. He played every song and all of my guests were asking where I found my DJ. We also loved how he got the crowd fired up for our introduction. My husband is Hispanic and we wanted to make sure and incorporate Latin music in our dance selection. Gus made that happen, and had everyone on that dance floor. I highly recommend Gus for any party, or wedding. It was a pleasure working with him and he made my wedding perfect!

Sent on 09/25/2012

Kristy · Married on 09/08/2012

I could write a novel about how AMAZING Bruce is! Everyone at our wedding commented on how great our DJ was. My husband and I knew he would be! He knows exactly how the flow of a wedding should go and kept everyone on the dance floor. A million thanks for all of his hard work and dedication to making our day memorable. I still have friends and family talking about him even a month after the wedding! Thank you Bruce!!

Sent on 10/05/2012

Cindy · Married on 09/02/2012

Bruce was a referral from a coworker for our wedding, and it was the best decision we made! Bruce was so awesome at keeping the flow going and played the best music while feeling out the croud. He was the best and we would recommend him to anyone!

Kate · Married on 08/26/2012

I absolutely cannot recommend them enough! Gus wasn't just as amazing DJ but a very cool person and extremely easy to work with. I wish I could give him a 6 out of 5 on all the categories. You will not be sorry if you use them. Music can make or break a wedding and Gus definitely made ours!

Sent on 09/09/2012

Kyle · Married on 08/25/2012

Amazing DJ. Very helpful. Very fun. Everyone loved him.

Sent on 10/02/2012

Cassandra · Married on 08/25/2012

Gus really clicked with us. He understood what the feeling of our wedding was. He really executed the timeline we established for the wedding. He was also able to connect with all of our guests and make them really feel like they were a part of the event. We really enjoyed our meetings with him. I actually consider him a friend now and can't wait to support him in other adventures!

Sent on 10/31/2012
  • Y

Y · Married on 08/12/2012

We found Bruce after recommendations from my coworkers. He is really fun to work with, energetic, humourous, and creative. We originally hired him to be our DJ/MC for our reception, but in the end also hired him to do the lighting for our wedding reception. Although he gave us "homework", he really made the effort to get to know us, and even tried hard to correctly pronounce everyone's names, even the Asian ones.
    He was flexible and worked with our wedding reception venue's restrictions. We had a lot of fun at our reception, and we didn't have to worry about anything because he had already met with us ahead of time and confirmed the details.

Sent on 02/09/2013

Rebekah · Married on 08/11/2012

I had to plan from out-of-state and Bruce was seriously a gift from God! I don't know how else I lucked out so well. In meeting him he is a sweet and genuine guy- but he KNOWS his stuff. He had me fill out surveys about my husband's style, my style, important info about our families- and we had everything music wise coordinated down to a T- his system is super easy to use too so it was easy to find songs that would work for each event (cake cutting, first dances) and to put them into our online playlist for him to review.

And when everything with our wedding schedule wise got jumbled- it was of no issue for him- he kept everything moving- kept everyone dancing- young and old. He had us fill out a "personality request" form in which we asked that he be formal, funny, yet outgoing. He was all that and more and everyone at our wedding loved him. I would highly highly recommend him as he has tons of experience in the field (over 1700? weddings?), and stayed in constant communication with me to get everything just perfect.

At the end of the day too he's a kind-hearted guy that your families would love. Thanks so much Bruce for making our wedding so much fun!

Sent on 08/23/2012

Gus did a fabulous job with our wedding! We planned the wedding from the East coast, and he was very flexible and always able to meet during the limited times we were in the area. We were very impressed with how well he handled our multi-cultural crowd (some of whom did not speak English) and made everyone feel welcomed and excited. The dance floor was PACKED the entire night. Music was an integral part of our ceremony, too, and Gus did a perfect job working with us to make sure everything was timed just right. He was fun and spontanious and not "cheesy." We got many comments after the wedding about how wonderful the DJ/MC was. Everyone loved Gus. I would definitely recommend him to others looking for an easy going, fun, dependable, organized and very professional DJ. Thanks Gus!

Sent on 08/21/2012
  • John

John · Married on 08/10/2012

Bruce was absolutely fantastic. He played exactly what we asked him to but adjusted the play list in a way that got everyone involved and kept the party going.

Sent on 11/14/2012

Battleson Entertainment's reply:

John and Ana Lauren, thank you so much for your kind words. Such a great time at Rancho Las Lomas. Your wedding was amazing. It was an honor to be a part of it!

My wife and I got married last summer. We did all the planning ourselves and fortunatley we found Bruce through a recommendation of another DJ. Bruce was the best. Very professional and responsive. He's also one of the best wedding DJs we have ever seen. He really knows how to keep the party going and made the whole night run so smooth. We wen't to several other weddings later that year and none of the DJs were even close to Bruce. He even made us a CD of all the wedding songs afterwards. Could not have made a better choice.
    Thanks Bruce!