Battleson Entertainment Reviews

185 Reviews for Battleson Entertainment

1 User photo

Battleson Entertainment 1
  • User6190371 · 2+ years ago

Hands down, best DJ, at any wedding I have ever been to. Bruce really loves what he does and you can tell..I had multiple people complimenting us on the DJ after the wedding. He is very flexible, responsive, and professional. His pricing was very fair for us (off season). In addition, he has all sorts of great lighting equipment.

There was no hassle with setting up the audio, there was no feedback or audio problems, everything was played on time, high quality, with absolutely no issues.

He got the music mix 100% exactly right even with out eclectic taste (80's, rock, some new pop and a some foreign music for the family members). The dance floor was going off the entire time! He had great suggestions and everything was very easy. He is very responsive; we had a mini issue the day before with song selection and Bruce solved it no problem.

I wouldn't have any doubt with him and highly recommend him. If you have any doubts just meet him...they'll be gone.

Sent on 01/27/2016

Kailin · Married on 10/24/2015

Our DJ was the BOMB! We had the pleasure of working with Gus, who made everything so easy and simple for us. The company had us fill out some questionnaires to get a taste of what kind of music we wanted and also an online must play/do not play list for us to choose music from so it's easier for them to know which direction we wanted to go. We then met with Gus via FaceTime prior to our wedding to hammer out details. He was both professional and personable, very accommodating and made great suggestions. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Our wedding was the ultimate party because of him, everybody was on their feet dancing at the end of the night, it was awesome!

Sent on 02/19/2016

Emily · Married on 10/24/2015

Bruce is the bomb! You may think you want someone to just play music, but what you really need is a fully fledged emcee. Bruce is THE master of ceremonies - he’s got the process down and will play all the music you like, none of the music you don’t like, and even the music you didn’t even know you needed but is getting all your guests and even the great-aunt you never knew could dance, on the dance floor. He’s a pretty awesomely personable guy, genuine, and knows to heart that weddings can go any which of 100 ways. That’s why he asks you to fill out an online questionnaire that makes you realize how many things you didn’t even know you should be thinking about! (you know, unless you’ve done this before). He’s got wireless uplights, speakers, mics, and can do slideshow videos if you give him the dvd! I can’t recommend him more.

Sent on 03/06/2016

Alyson · Married on 07/25/2015

Gus from Battleson Entertainment was the DJ at our wedding and I would completely recommend him to anyone. I was so worried that we were going to end up with a cheesy wedding DJ or that my guests were not going to interact but the reception ended up so far from those things. Gus helped establish a flow for the night and was able to get all our guests young and old out on the dance floor celebrating together the whole night. Everyone seemed to have so much fun and all our guests came together like they were all old friends. Gus was professional and very helpful in the planning process. The music selections were fun and modern and completely appropriate for the family setting. It was also really nice to be able to select some of the music that was important to us in advance and Gus was helpful at giving advice or feedback when we needed it. At the event he was personable and helpful with our guests. I am so happy that we went with him. He was so easy going and reassuring and the night of our wedding I was just so happy to see all the events of the night transition naturally.

Sent on 02/28/2016

Jennifer · Married on 07/05/2015

Bruce was wonderful in everyway!! he pronounced all the names correctly and played all the songs we wanted! there was no weird music played, or requests made. Bruce was awesome and on time, very nice, honest and funny guy, highly recommended!!!
    Thanks, Jennifer Minichiello

Sent on 09/18/2015

Megan · Married on 07/03/2015

From the day we contacted Bruce about being the DJ at our wedding to following up with us a few days later, Bruce was nothing but professional, informative, and easy to work with.

We met with Bruce several times before our wedding day. Each time we met up, he was on-time and ready to go. He always had ideas for us if we were stuck (e.g. cake cutting song, bouquet toss song, etc.).

Although we loved everything Bruce did to make our wedding special, our favorite thing he did was always made sure our dance floor was packed. When we started the first set of songs and dancing, Bruce gathered everyone together on our dance floor for a group picture. As soon as the picture was complete, he started playing Uptown Funk, which kept everyone on the dance floor. Later that night, we took a break from dancing to cut the cake. After the cake cutting break, Bruce called all the ladies to the dance floor. He played "Something Bad" by Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood to get all the girls dancing again. After that song, he invited all of the guys back to the dance floor, as well. Again, this was the perfect way to get everyone on the dance floor.

We would highly recommend Bruce to anyone getting married. Since our wedding, we have had so many guests tell us how much fun they had on our special day. Personally, we spent most of our night on the dance floor, and had the time of our lives at our wedding, and a big reason for that was Bruce!

-Tyler & Megan Bernth

Sent on 08/03/2015
  • O

olivia · Married on 06/19/2015

Bruce was absolutely amazing! There is no DJ out there that has the passion for what they do like Bruce does. From the very minute we met Bruce we knew that we would not have to worry about the entertainment for the wedding. Bruce is very detailed, experienced, and professional. Guests are still talking about how they have never been to a reception like ours, the music was PERFECT! Thank you so much Bruce for making our wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 08/02/2015

Shelby · Married on 05/09/2015

We had the pleasure of having Gus as our DJ for our wedding. He was awesome! before the wedding we talked several times, filled out questionnaires so that he would know our music taste and they even have a website where to can select music you do and don't want to be played. Gus made everything so easy and enjoyable even with a few minor bumps in the road I never stressed once because he always had it under control. Gus was professional yet very personal which made the planning process so smooth and comfortable. Our wedding was a blast everyone was on the dance floor all night long. I would definitely recommend using Gus as your DJ for your wedding!

Sent on 02/23/2016

Brian · Married on 04/04/2015

Bruce is a true professional from the 1st meeting to saying goodbye after the wedding. He was always available to answer questions and help us plan our wedding. All of our guests complimented how well he was able to get everyone dancing and how he ran the wedding. I have zero complaints and he honestly exceeding our expectations.

Sent on 04/10/2015

Ashlie · Married on 04/04/2015

Bruce was amazing! He was the only vendor we only met one of because we were sold on him from the first meeting! His easy going personality, and professionalism, make for a great combination in this industry! Our guests, including us!, were on the dance floor all night! We would choose Bruce over and over again! He will be at our friends wedding in just a couple weeks...excited to see him again!

Sent on 05/15/2015

Meng · Married on 03/21/2015

Gus was an amazing wedding DJ, and we feel so incredibly fortunate to have had him as our DJ! We absolutely could not have picked anyone better! We were referred to him through our friend. The most important thing to know about Gus is how easy he is to work with and how accommodating and flexible he is. This is so important when it comes to planning a wedding because it really made our wedding planning fun and reduced the stress level. Gus gave us some "homework" to do that involved a few worksheets on our preferences so he could get to know us and our style before our first meeting. Due to our hectic work schedules, my husband and I failed miserably with our homework and sheepishly admitted to Gus that we had not done any of it when he very kindly asked us for it a couple of days before our first scheduled meeting. Gus was so patient with us though, and talked us through everything during our first meeting. We had no idea what kind of music we wanted, but Gus took the time to get to know us, and then came up with suggestions as he got to know our style. He really got a sense of who we were and it blew me away how his suggestions were exactly what we were looking for. He is also incredibly professional and reliable. On the day of the wedding, he had pretty much already set up and was ready to go before I even realized he had arrived. Before the wedding, I was worried about if people would dance, and of course, if people would have fun. Gus did such a fantastic job at getting the crowd excited and also with the music that everyone danced the night away! He was extremely charismatic and funny in the perfect way/ amount during the festivities and really made our wedding a fun party! Gus is a natural as a DJ and such a personable, caring person. As a result, it really felt as if we had a friend DJ for us! We could not have asked for anything more.

Sent on 03/26/2016

Bruce was the best DJ I have ever met. He was so attentive to us and helpful in creating the mood we wanted for our wedding. He has an online system that allows you (and your guests!) to request music before the wedding. He also had a questionnaire for us to fill out before we began planning and you could tell he really used it to find out about our personalities and about the feel that we wanted for the wedding. My husband and I pretty picky about music and he honestly did not play one song we did not like. The dance floor was packed the whole time and after the wedding people kept telling us how amazing our DJ was. I really think that the DJ sets the tone for the party and Bruce definitely did not let us down. He has great prices, he was very professional and attentive, and does his job extremely well!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Karen · Married on 12/26/2014

I was so pleased to find Bruce of Battleson Entertainment. He met with us before the wedding date and we discussed the time frame of the reception and Bruce had lots of good ideas. Bruce was so responsive to my emails and questions. He gave us a time line of the reception so we would know what to expect. Everything went so well. I felt like a guest at my daughter's wedding because Bruce was my "master of ceremony". I could just enjoy myself and relax. I would highly recommend him to all my friends and family! Thanks Bruce!
    Karen

Sent on 01/06/2015

My husband and I lost count of the number of people who came up to us at our wedding and told us how awesome the music was! Gus does a great job creating an atmosphere which reflects the bride and groom. Gus was super approachable and adaptable throughout the evening and played requested songs right away. Hands down the best DJ out there and the pricing is reasonable too! Can't think of a better person to keep a party going throughout the night!

Sent on 11/25/2014

Jessica · Married on 11/07/2014

He is the most amazing wedding vendor I have ever had the pleasure of knowing! His ideas are amazing and he gets to know you as a person, and creates a whole experience suited to you. I will refer him to every bride I know.

Sent on 03/13/2015

Erica · Married on 10/24/2014

Bruce exceeded my expectations. Very professional and accommodating. All of my guests commented on how great he was. I have recommended him to multiple friends who are getting married or who have gotten married and everyone has been so thrilled with his work. I highly recommend using him, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Marisa · Married on 10/17/2014

My fiance and I contracted Bruce to be our DJ for our October 2014 wedding. From the first meeting, Bruce was very professional and non salesman like, unlike many other DJs we met. Bruce had a clear passion for music and being a DJ which was contagious for us. His prices were very reasonable and competitive, making him an even more appealing choice. After choosing Bruce as our DJ, he provide us with a database of thousands of music selection so we could track for him music to be listed on a "must play", "play if possible" and "do not play" list. We also indicated which songs were intended for special moments (i.e. first dance, cake cutting, bridal party introductions, etc.) It was very comforting to know that Bruce was so detail oriented, because we felt like we were in good hands. We had a final meeting with Bruce to discuss final details, the event timeline and name pronunciation as well. Bruce was easy to work with, had great ideas and our day flew by fantastically! We would choose Bruce if we had to do it all over again and would definitely recommend him to other engaged couples as well!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Mirna & Curtis · Married on 10/12/2014

Bruce was fantastic to work with! He gathered a lot of “intel” about us prior to our big day,,, our families, our vision… he really put in his homework to ensure our event was what we wanted! And with our guidelines and his expertise, everything went just perfect! He set the mood every step of the way and when it came time for the reception he kept the energy flowing at maximum fun! Thank you DJ Bruce Battleson, Job well done! Mirna & Curtis

Sent on 11/05/2014

Melina · Married on 10/11/2014

Gus is amazing! With one meeting he knew exactly what we liked and what we expected. He was very helpful and informative on planning for our big day. We hired him because he had done my sisters wedding 10 years prior and really made that day memorable. We loved him then and he only improved in those years. He has experience and really knows how to make a party great. My wedding was short on time so he made sure to keep everything on schedule and flowing smoothly, even when dinner was served later than expected. Everyone loved him! I still get compliments on how well he did and how he really made the party happen. He truly made the wedding fun and memorable! I would definitely recommend him to everyone I know.

Sent on 02/22/2016

Madison · Married on 10/03/2014

Bruce is amazing! I don't even know where to start! He is so organized & helpful from the start. I really don't know what I would have done without him. When you're wedding planning everything is so stressful & busy, then when it comes down to the last month & you really have to crack down & pick all your finally details. Bruce made this whole process a breeze with helping us pick our songs & set the tone of the whole wedding. I really think he was worth more than we paid! He made everything go so smoothly during the ceremony & the reception. I could not be happier. We also got the up-lighting around the room. It really lit up the room & gave it the perfect touch! I couldn't imagine going with a different DJ! More than I could have wished for!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Tiffany · Married on 08/16/2014

Bruce was the DJ at my wedding this month, and I was so happy with the whole process. I'm an obsessive planner who loves to think of every detail ahead of time whenever possible, and I knew Bruce was going to be the right fit as soon as we had our first consultation. During our first meeting, when I asked what makes him such a successful DJ, he said that he knows how to create great sets of music that make sense and can read crowds well. When I asked other DJs the same question, they just said "I have lots of experience", which didn't make me feel as comfortable as what Bruce said. Next, when I expressed my concerns about having some shy family and wanting to make sure they have a good time, he gave us some great ideas for games and ways to break the ice - we did end up using a couple of these strategies, and they worked great :)

Following the meeting, he sent us several pages of very detailed questionnaires, which I LOVED - it had questions such as "What personality would you like your DJ to convey", "What song do you want for the cake cutting", "Who is your favorite artist", etc. Additionally, he sent us a link to his website where you can search through his HUGE database of songs and specify what songs he must play, what songs you'd like to hear, and what songs you hate. If there's a song you want that he doesn't have, he'll purchase it (he did this with 2 or 3 songs for my wedding).

On the big day, he had separate setups for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, and everything worked perfectly with no glitches. He said just enough to be a great MC, but not so much that he attracted excess attention. He truly did have great sets and read the crowd well during the dancing - there was one point where it fell flat, but he immediately recognized it, and the crowd was back on the dance floor in less than a minute.

Bruce was such an important part of my wedding day, and I can't thank him enough!

Sent on 08/26/2014

kelly · Married on 06/28/2014

We had Gus from Battleson Entertainment as our wedding DJ and my husband and I are so glad we did! Gus really did an amazing job. He cued and timed the music perfectly for the wedding ceremony, he was energetic and fun, played great music at the reception (he played all our must have songs and also was able to tell what the wedding guests wanted more of), he kept people on the dance floor so it felt like a party and created some great photo opportunities as well. I definitely recommend Gus!

Sent on 03/01/2016

Bruce knows his stuff. He had a great transition through different genres of music. He is very flexible and helpful. Our wedding was very fun and memorable. Thank you Bruce!

Sent on 03/11/2014

Stephanie · Married on 01/18/2014

BEST DJ EVER! He made our day so special. He was very nice and funny and he made every second of our wedding enjoyable. He was great with the guest and played all the music we asked him to play. He had people on the dance floor the entire night and I had people telling me that he had the best playlist. All of my guest had a great time and it was a great party. He was there early to set up and made sure that everything was taken care of. He was very professional and did an amazing job. Words can't describe the fun we had because of our DJ, Bruce! He did everything we asked and more and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Book him and you will have the best wedding party ever!! Thank you so much Bruce!

Sent on 01/20/2014

Battleson Entertainment's reply:

Stephanie,
    Thank you for your kind words. It was an honor and a lot of fun to be a part of your awesome wedding! All my best to you and Austin!
    Bruce

Austin · Married on 01/18/2014

We could not have asked for a better DJ. Bruce was awesome! He kept everything running smooth and was able to get everybody out on the dance floor. My wife and I had a number of people come up to us throughout the wedding and telling us that the music Bruce was playing was outstanding! Bruce even paid attention to my brother's toast where he mentioned that as a kid my favorite song was "Blue." About 2 hours later as the dance floor was packed, Bruce played "Blue" and it was one of my favorite parts of the night! Thank you Bruce!!!!

Sent on 01/20/2014

Battleson Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Austin! What a great night! Ya, "Blue" with all the blue in the room and the blue uplights was magic! All my best!!!!!!