Basin Harbor Reviews

30 | Vergennes, VT

30 Reviews for Basin Harbor

Jessica · Married on 08/31/2013

Anne and her team were absolutely AMAZING to work with. I would definitely recommend Basin Harbor to anyone! I can't wait to go up and see the beautiful resort again and I can't wait to see the amazing staff again in the future.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Basin Harbor's reply:

We want to thank this couple for choosing to celebrate their extraordinary day with Basin Harbor.
    Our team has fond memories working with both of these delightful families and watching their union.
    Stay in touch and let us know when you plan to visit.

Kyle · Married on 09/24/2017

Basin Harbor was an amazing setting for our wonderful wedding weekend! Anne and the entire staff were exceptional!

Sent on 12/29/2017

Writing as the Mother of the Bride, I would like to say that we could not have been happier with our choice of Basin Harbor as our venue for my daughter's wedding last summer. Although we got off to an uncertain start the previous summer with a wedding planner who ended up leaving, we were extremely pleased with the new planner who was very clear about all aspects of the event including all our different options and what they would cost.
    The Basin Harbor staff were superb and tried very hard to accommodate all of our wishes, ranging from putting lights in a tree outside the dining room, allowing a cigar bar to be set up outside with a fire pit, and lighting sparklers for all the guests at the conclusion of the reception. On very short notice, they even produced a bottle of bourbon for us to bury at the wedding site (an old Southern custom!)
    Having a wedding at Basin Harbor is SO MUCH FUN!! All of our guests who stayed there said they had never been to a better wedding. They all closed down the dance floor at the Red Mill on Friday night and were able to walk home to their rooms. On Saturday, they played golf, relaxed, swam etc. before the big event. And, no one (at least those who stayed at the club) had to drive anywhere!
    The food was fabulous. We chose to have four food stations...we were given a tasting in the spring by the chef so that we could tweak some of our choices. Everything was beautifully displayed and people commented a LOT about how great the meal choices were.
    I have never had a minute's regret about having the wedding there. if you are willing to work with their staff, they will work with you!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Basin Harbor's reply:

Every wedding is work but these guests made the work feel like a chat with an old friend. We’re grateful they chose Basin Harbor Club to celebrate their marriage and bring their family and friends together. Our staff had a lot of fun planning custom menus and activities for the wedding and we were thrilled by the guest’s reactions to the food and service. These guests had many thoughtful, personal touches that made the events so special and we’re so happy we could be here to help.

All our best wishes to the bride and groom and we look forward to seeing the whole family at Basin Harbor Club in years to come!

Jamie · Married on 07/30/2016

I was hesitant about Basin Harbor at first because of the requirements I needed to meet in order to have my wedding there. Low and behold, those requirements were actually easy to meet (number of rooms, minimum dollar amount to spend, etc.). The event coordinators were very helpful and did everything I could've asked of them and then some. I had detailed centerpieces and they pulled it all off perfectly. The weather and outside locations couldn't have been more beautiful - the grounds are stunning. While the price was high, it was comparable to other locations and it included literally everything. If you can afford to have a wedding at a resort place like this, do it here!

Sent on 08/16/2016

3.0

Basin Harbor is gorgeous. My husband and I choose the spot because we wanted to find a venue that would require minimal decorating. Between their gardens, the lake, and the cliffs in the background, we didn't need to do much to make the place fit for a wedding. The coordinator, Anne Henderson was incredibly prompt with her response times. She asked tons of questions which I found incredibly helpful.

There were only two things about Basin Harbor that upset me. Between the time that I booked the venue and my rehearsal (which was just a few days before the wedding) Basin Harbor tore out several of the flower beds in the garden where my ceremony was held. We had to completely change our seating last minute and I don't think the end result was as nice as it would have been. They felt that this would accommodate more guests.

The second thing is that they decided to serve other resort guests from my open bar. The other guests did have to pay, but my wedding guests ended up waiting around for drinks while swimsuit-clad families dripped on my reception. To their credit, once I was able to track down another Basin Harbor Club staff member they immediately told the bartender to stop.

Having said that, I enjoyed my wedding more than I could possibly have imagined. It really is a stunning spot and it was very convenient to be able to have my guests stay on site. Many of my guests actually chose to stay for longer vacations to enjoy the resort.

Sent on 12/22/2014