Bash Weddings & Events Reviews

16 | Greenwich, CT

16 Reviews for Bash Weddings & Events

Kelly · Married on 09/10/2016

Maddie (Saint Maddie as we called her) was simply fantastic. I knew I wanted to use her immediately when I walked into her office - her sense of style is impeccable, and she has a wonderful, relaxed and excited attitude. She was genuinely excited to work with me and make my day perfect. I had a wedding at my parents home in CT, so we needed a lot of help. Maddie was organized, efficient, transparent, and made sure everything from the grass up looked perfect - she did not overlook a single detail.

Maddie helped us with month of coordination for a wedding of 250 people, and 10 vendors. She organized everything on the day of my wedding, and made sure everything went off without an issue. She created a day of plan, and had her assistants at all 3 of our wedding sides (house, hotels, church). When I got to my wedding site I was completely breathless - while we had worked together on the plan, I could not believe how stunning everything looked. From organizing a seating map, a full layout of the property, creating outdoor seating areas, the table card display - everything blended together to create the absolute perfect day that I'd hoped for! I would absolutely hire Maddie again; she planned the PERFECT party.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Bash Weddings & Events's reply:

Kelly, thank you so much for your kind words! It was an absolute pleasure working with you, Jeff and your family. Many many warm wishes for a long and happy marriage! XO Maddie
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2016

We hired Maddie as our day-of coordinator and couldn't have been more pleased! Not only did she bring our entire vision to life, she was there every step of the way and made the entire process incredibly enjoyable and stress-free! She and her team were beyond amazing, organized, professional, and kind. I would absolutely hire her again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/02/2016

Hi Ashley,

Thank you so much! We were thrilled to be there for you and Kris and ensure that your day turned out just as you expected and more. A lovely setting for a lovely couple!

Sofia · Married on 05/21/2016

Don't think, just book. Maddie was so amazing and so easy to work with. I felt so at ease the entire time because she completely understood our vision, responded quickly and thoroughly and always had the interest of the BRIDE first. Even at the end of the night, Maddie was with me with a smile. The best decision we made by far!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Bash Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. You and Ryan knew what you wanted, had a clear vision and I was so excited to work with you on bringing it to life. Your smiles were infectious and love was in the air!!

We hired Maddie as our "month of" coordinator for our recent wedding at a beach club in Norwalk, CT. Maddie's organization, calm head, taste, and thoughtfulness provided me and my husband with much comfort as we went into our wedding weekend, such that, much to my own surprise, I felt comfortable letting go of all of the organizational issues and actually got to enjoy my wedding! When a hurricane threatened to cause us to relocate our entire wedding, Maddie came up with a brilliant contingency plan that put us at ease in case we were unable to use our original space. Maddie organized the wedding day perfectly, always able to find us and find the right moment to fit in the next "event" throughout the wedding day. She was flexible, kind to all, and had innovative and fun ideas that added great touches to our wedding! I would hire Maddie again in a heartbeat, and I have already recommended her to friends of mine who are getting married soon!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Patty · event on: 08/30/2014

Bash was extremely professional, and did a fabulous job catering and decorating our party. Madalene was so kind and knowledgable and the food was delicious. The staff was very polite and well organized. We will definitely use BASH again!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Miranda · Married on 08/02/2014

Maddie + Bash were amazing to work with! I felt right at home with Maddie right from the beginning. She was professional, responsive and so creative! She helped me realize the aesthetic and feel I wanted to have at my wedding. It was perfect and I couldn't have asked for anything better. She worked within my budget and was calm, supportive and communicative throughout.

On the day of, I was so happy and relieved to have her running the show. Her team (to a person) were all friendly, warm and professional. There were wonderful touches here and there that made the whole day even more special and made us feel spoiled.

The food was...amazing! We had been to a tasting before hers and thought there was no way (we were full and happy with the first caterer) Bash could do better, but they blew us away. On the day of, the guests just raved about the food and we were so lucky to have such incredibly quality and value in her services.

Sent on 10/03/2014

Bash Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much Miranda! You and Jamie made it very easy to plan and execute your wedding. Communication and decision making were top notch on your end which makes our role work seamlessly.
    It was truly our pleasure!!

Warmest wishes from our team for a happy and healthy future together.

Maddie

Julio · Married on 07/12/2014

My wife (fiance at the time) and I spent months narrowing down our options for catering services. We factored in cost, professionalism/etiquitte and taste. Bash was a home run in all categories. We hired them for catering services but Maddie was so helpful in giving us creative suggestions. The wedding and reception took place outdoors on a private property and Maddie and her wonderful staff laid out the buffet, kitchen, tables, etc. perfectly. The night went off without a hitch and we couldn't have done it without her expertise and precision. Bash made our wedding a night to remember.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Stephanie · Married on 07/04/2014

Madelene was amazing!! Working with her for day-of wedding coordination was truly a blessing! I don't know what we would have done without her! She was there in the weeks leading up to our wedding, as well as our rehearsal, and all day on the day-of (from early in the morning until midnight). She was able to handle any bump in the road appropriately and discreetly, both immediately before and during the big day. She was a life saver!!! We would have been lost without her! She and her team were truly amazing, courteous, kind, attentive, respectful and had a handle on every single detail that day!! (And there were a lot of details, moving parts, and a few hiccups for sure!) We can't thank Madelene enough for her services! Bringing her on board to help with our big day was definitely the best decision we made in planning our wedding!!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Jillian · Married on 09/07/2013

Madalene was a dream to work with. Not only did she completely get our vision, I also felt her creative touches really set our wedding apart from others. She was never pushy and was completely working in our favor. Not only did she provide great planning skills, her caterer, Michelle and her the rest of her team, provided such great food that everyone was raving about. It was creative without being over the top, exactly what we were looking for. She also had great referrals as far as music and anything else you need! Overall we could not have had a better experience. I would recommend Bash for anyone looking for a great wedding, party, or other occasion that will leave people more than impressed.

Sent on 09/12/2013

Bash Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much Jill. It was truly a pleasure to work with you and John. You were tremendous at communicating your vision and this is
    very helpful to me during my design and execution process! I wish you both the very best for a long and happy future together!!

Madalene
  • User3064118 · event on: 02/05/2013

I interviewed several caterers and chose Bash, and could not have been more pleased!! The food was excellent and creatively presented. Maddie's attention to detail was evident throughout, she was easy to work with, responsive, and had great ideas for my event. The staff she provided was professional, and she organized all of the rentals. I had 40 women in my home and they all raved about the food and wanted to know the name of the caterer. I recommend Bash highly and unreservedly.

Sent on 02/13/2013

Mary Ellen · event on: 12/21/2012

Maddy D'Etiveaud was incredibly responsive and attentive for both my event and a business luncheon for my husband. Maddy provided a sophisticated and creative array of menus from which to choose for my holiday party. The appetizers and the dinner were fabulously delicious and there was not a detail overlooked. My guests raved about the the entire event. Maddy went above and beyond the call of duty in terms of her attention to detail. Besides the food being delicious, she even offered decorative advice. As a result, my tables looked so beautifully festive. I cannot say enough about Maddy's professionalism and wonderful personality - she makes hosting an event a pleasure. I cannot wait for December of 2013 so that Maddy and I can work together to throw another fun and delicious Christmas party!

Sent on 02/13/2013
  • User3082923 · event on: 10/19/2012

Bash has done an extraordinary job making my wife's birthday party very special. Maddie has taken the stress out of organizing the event and she ensured that we had a consistent theme (Asian) with beautiful decor, amazing food and great service. All of our guests were very impressed and we look forward to working with Bash again in the future.

Sent on 02/21/2013
  • User3074912 · event on: 08/12/2012

Bash was FABULOUS!!!! Everything was handled perfectly! Every detail was beautifully carried out and carefully chosen which helped my busy schedule. I highly recommend Maddie's food, menu, decorating, and calm professionalism. She made what was a stressful event very peaceful!

Sent on 02/18/2013

Anonymous · Married on 08/22/2009

Madalene is at the top of her class when it comes to professionalism and creativity. Not only does she go above and beyond to make every detail perfect, she see's it through to the end to make sure you have the best day ever. I cannot recommend her services more!!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Nicole · event on: 12/01/2012

We couldn't have had this party without Maddie! The catering team was fantastic and people raved about the food. There was almost nothing left at the end of the night. We were also so impressed with Bash's bartenders and wait staff. The tent installer stayed until we were totally satisfied with the set-up, and the Bash bartenders strung little twinkling lights up all on their own. When everyone was finished, the tent looked like a happy, glittering extension of the house! Most importantly, when the Bash team finished cleaning and left, you would never have known that we had 90 people in the house just hours earlier. The house was completely put back together and the kitchen was spotless!

Sent on 02/21/2013

Jolyn · Married on 10/22/2016

0.4
      0.5

I would caution anyone considering hiring this company. Madalene is in the bottom tier of planners I have worked with and she ruined my event with her lack of organization and professionalism. When I attempted to discuss issues with her in an effort to get the project moving and back on track she blamed me rather than trying to fix problems she herself created. Vendors involved in the event shared the same criticism of her to me and were frustrated by her lack of preparation. There are definitely planners in the area that can do a much better job and alleviate headaches instead of cause them. This planner is not a full service planner by any stretch of the imagination, procrastinates to the client's detriment, and does not take responsibility for errors or try to problem solve. Literally less than a week before my event she had zero contracts nailed down and no concrete plans and blamed this on having "bigger events to worry about" and "an important wedding planner conference I just attended." Interestingly, I had another party planned a week later with a planner who was SPEAKING at the conference Madalene attended. The planner who was speaking never dropped the ball - not once. And she had a celebrity wedding just before my event. I would give Madalene zero stars if this app allowed it. Please do not use her.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Bash Weddings & Events's reply:

First and foremost, I am sorry you did not have the experience you desired. Similar to my clients having expectations of me, I have expectations of my clients to allow me to do the job I am hired to do as a professional. As you will see from my points below, it is imperative for clients to circle back to me in a timely manner, trust me to provide professional vendors based on my experience and vetting by you, and to have a clear and concise budget to work within in order to save time and avoid being asked to constantly return to vendors to get lower pricing. Most importantly a mutual level of respect.

1. Our organization begins with listening to our client's wishes and providing 2 design plans - which I did
    2. I send a professional proposal with descriptions, images, and estimates - which I did
    3. I communicate via email, phone and hold in-person meetings to brainstorm, make final decisions and continue with the planning process.
    Which I did
    4. Once all decisions and changes are made and final contracts from vendors are received (in this case there were 3) they are forwarded to the client for review and signature. Which I did and was based on your availability and the time frame in which vendors get me their final contracts.

I am hired by clients to manage and execute details for their events behind the scenes and not burden them with streams of information daily rather I group information to address in one email in a timely manner. This avoids emails getting lost, deleted and overwhelming the client. Unfortunately, you felt nothing was being done and this is not accurate.

I would also like to address your inaccurate statement that all vendors involved agreed. You never spoke to the florist or photographer nor signed a contract with them and the caterer and I work very well together and went above and beyond to come to your home to accommodate your needs.