Barker Tavern Reviews

39 | Scituate, MA

39 Reviews for Barker Tavern

39 Barker Tavern Reviews

Kaeli · Married on 09/08/2018

I had my wedding reception at The Barker Tavern last Saturday (9/8/18). Becky and her staff are amazing, wonderful people. You will not worry about anything with your special day in their hands. I could not have planned a destination wedding without Becky's amazing help. That plus a beautiful, twinkling venue with pristine gardens made for a perfect, perfect day. Thanks again to Becky, Judy and the rest of The Barker staff for making our wedding simply perfect!

Kathleen · Married on 06/03/2018

Best day ever. The staff, service, food atmosphere, all incredible. We had a beautiful day.

Barker Tavern 1

Laura · Married on 06/25/2017

We had our wedding reception at the Barker on a Sunday (because we had a smaller wedding and there is a minimum guest amount for Saturdays) in June of 2017. Every part of my experience with them was perfect. They made the planning phase so easy with their personalized wedding binder they give you. They had so many great recommendations for other vendors too (I got my dress and florist through their recommendation). The event was perfect and their staff was AMAZING and made everything run so smoothly. I can't say enough good things about them. They even made my husband and I giant to go bags of food to take with us including each of our favorite desserts! I highly recommend this family run business with a long history in Scituate.

Sue · Married on 05/13/2017

The Barker Tavern was a fabulous venue for our wedding. Becky and the rest of the staff at the Barker Tavern was amazingly friendly and accommodating. The food was fantastic!

• W

Walter · Married on 04/22/2017

We absolutely loved our wedding reception at the Barker Tavern. We wanted to have a fabulous dinner party and a fun night of music and dancing. At the Barker Tavern, we got all that and more in a beautiful New England setting. Our guests raved about the food, both during the cocktail hour and the seated dinner. The New England feel of the colonial tavern and the coastal setting made the reception extra special for our out-of-town guests. The Barker Tavern and its excellent staff just made it all shine. We had a great experience working with Becky and her team. We were planning our wedding from out of state and they could not have been more accommodating, knowledgeable, or nice. They get it right when it comes to listening to the couple about the kind of wedding reception they want and bringing the couple’s vision to life, while also sharing their insights and experience at the right moments to help make things work smoothly. They were also incredibly agile and helpful on the day of the wedding. While we had hoped for a sunny day, it turned out to be cool and drizzly. We weren’t sure what to do about the family photos we had planned to take at Old Scituate Light. Becky suggested that the two of us head out there for some photos, while they would quickly move several of the tables they had already set for the reception so we could take family photos in front of the fireplace when we returned. It worked out perfectly. The wait staff, bartenders, and wedding coordinators were very attentive and professional. They were on top of every detail, making it easy for us simply to enjoy our special day and celebrate with family and friends. Thank you to everyone at the Barker Tavern for making our wedding reception so elegant and so wonderful!

Tina · Married on 04/08/2017

Our wedding reception at the Barker Tavern was beyond perfect. I was planning the wedding from out of state, and Becky and the Barker team were very flexible in meeting with my parents, and working around when my fiancee and I would be in town to plan. The reception hostesses made sure everything stayed on schedule, and I loved how the whole team made sure the night went as my fiancee and I had envisioned - with plenty of time for dancing and mingling. Everyone I met was incredibly professional, personable, and fun. I look forward to returning to the Barker for an anniversary dinner.

Andrea · Married on 08/15/2015

From start to finish our experience with Barker Tavern was phenomenal. Becky handled everything we could have possibly needed. She made us feel like we were family from the moment we walked through the door. I could call at any time with any question and Becky would have so much helpful information for us or even just that reassuring advice when things felt overwhelming. The staff there was incredible. All of our guests raved about the food even weeks later. The location was perfect for that nautical theme we had pictured and the lighthouse pictures we wanted. My husband and I were over the moon with the outcome of our special day.

The Barker Tavern was a fantastic wedding venue for both the ceremony and reception. The staff was fantastic and Becky was the BEST! All of the food was cooked perfectly and delicious. I would highly recommend using The Barker Tavern.

Meredith · Married on 03/14/2015

The Barker Tavern provided the perfect ceremony and reception setting for my wedding this past March. The planning process was stress-free due to Becky's informed guidance, and the vendors she recommended were incredible (there was no pressure to use their vendors, and we ended up going about half and half).
    The actual ceremony and reception were handled expertly--the staff changed the room over in mere minutes, and the room itself was gorgeous--pretty and romantic.
    Overall, I can't say enough about the Barker. The fact that there are no fees or set-up charges made this an affordable, perfect choice for our wedding venue.

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/22/2014

I had my wedding reception at the Barker Tavern last November; it was perfect! Planning a wedding is so stressful and overwhelming but Becky makes it so much easier. Not only was the whole reception absolutely beautiful, all my guests could not stop talking about how delicious the food was. The service during the reception was wonderful, they made me and my husband feel very special. I could not have pictured my wedding anywhere else but the Barker Tavern!!

Katie · Married on 10/04/2014

My new husband and I just got married at the Barker Tavern this past Saturday. I couldn't wait to write a review. We had a small wedding there (about 25) that included our ceremony and reception. I'm absolutely delighted that we made that decision. From the moment that I met Becky she gave us a warm hug and sat Adam and I down to go over details with us. She made planning a wedding stress free and enjoyable. We had a quick engagement so from when we went to visit the Barker in August for the first time to the actual wedding a short while later, we never felt rushed our hurried. I would receive emails from Becky to check in with us and to see if we needed anything. I truly felt as if we were the only ones getting married there! I know how busy Becky is and for her to take the time to sit with us or be available whenever we needed her, I am forever grateful. The Barker itself is beautiful and the food was phenomenal! It was truly the best day of my life and a huge thank you to Becky and the Barker staff for making our wedding day a memorable one for us and our guests. If you're thinking of getting married at the Barker, think no more and do it! You will not regret it!

From the start of our wedding planning, we only went and saw Barker Tavern after looking at their venue online and we booked the day we saw it for the first time, we just knew it is where we wanted to get married. From the initial stages to the tasting and the final days before the wedding, Becky was so helpful and it was a pleasure to work with her. The day of the wedding the attendants working the room were so helpful and we appreciated everything. We couldn't imagine our wedding day being anywhere else. The food was great and all our guests have continued to rave about it, the atmosphere and decor of the Williams Room are gorgeous. Thank you again to the Barker Tavern for making our wedding day so special!

Carolyn · Married on 07/06/2014

We had our wedding at Barker Tavern in July and it was UNREAL. Could Becky be more amazing??? Seriously!!!! The food is out of this world and the room is gorgeous! This was the first and last placed we looked when planning our wedding. We felt no pressure at all to book, and as we were wrapping up my now husband looked at Becky and said " I like you! You're like my mom.... We are having our wedding here!" We booked that day. I worried about planning a wedding I had just started a new job that was far from home and in the midst was offered a promotion that was very in depth and let me tell you! Becky did everything for us! NO STRESS! When I say this was the easiest thing I have ever done in my life, plan a wedding in 6 months, I mean it! I will forever recommend the Barker. Everyone she recommends is amazing.... Go with them! The Jordan family has weddings down to a science. The staff amazing!!!!! I never ever felt like we were being rushed, that a clock was being watched, nothing!!!! When we were leaving everything as packed to perfection and handed off to our parents. This place needs more than 5 stars!!! What I loved most about Becky was that she was not trying to get you for every penny! Just one of bathe many examples...We had bought a card box and she told us to return it, keep the $40 and use what she had which was gorgeous of course! Oh my god she is amazing. I wish that there was one flaw I could write and I was discussing this with family that I can't even critique one thing and they totally agreed. I can't believe that I did not have one flaw in my wedding....unheard of! Becky to you and your family, you are truly amazing and thank you so much for making my wedding day the best day of my life! Xoxo

Carolyn and Kevin Patten

The Barker Tavern had everything I'd been looking for in a reception site and then some. You got so much for your buck. Becky Smith, the wedding reception coordinator did everything she could and then some to make my dream day a reality. She not only took care of the entire reception planning, but she also made picking out my other vendors a breeze; she referred me to a bridal gown boutique, hair & make up stylist, transportation company, and even where to have my rehearsal dinner. Looking at the reviews below it doesn't surprise me that Becky made them feel like family. She has an enormous amount of compassion. Anyone can say you're in good hands, but when she said it, there was this overwhelming sense of comfort in her eyes and voice, that made me trust her instantly. Throughout my planning process Becky made me feel as if I was the only Bride she was working with; even though I knew that wasn't true considering the numerous wedding photos on The Barker Tavern facebook page. It shows how dedicated she is to her girls. If you call/email her she'll answer all your wedding questions & concerns. Because she has so much experience, she knows the answer to any type of scenario you throw at her. The day of was fantastic! It was such a site to see the outcome of all the planning, hard-work, and dedication Becky and her staff did for me when I entered the Williams Room. The room looked exactly how I envisioned, My husband, myself, and our guests loved the food and the service was spot on. Once the formalities were over, I kid you not we torn up the dance floor. Truly a night we'll never forget. I'm so grateful that I got to be a Barker Bride.

Julie · Married on 12/21/2013

Barker Tavern was a dream come true. From the moment we set foot in Barker Tavern, Becky and the entire staff treated us like family. They made the entire planning process so comfortable and seamless. The vendors they recommended for cake, photography, and DJ were nothing short of incredible as well. With Barker by my side, I never once felt nervous or uneasy about the process, I always rested soundly knowing they had everything more than under control. In addition to providing absolutely incredible help in planning, they helped us make it an affordable endeavor. Granted we got married off season, but for the value and service they provide, we feel like we didn't have to "break the bank", so to speak, in order to have a show-stopping and dream-come-true day.

Now that the wedding has passed, I can truly say that Barker Tavern made our day absolutely perfect. Both my mother and mother-in-law had phone calls pouring in for days about how blown away our guests were by the time they had. They raved about the food, the music, the impeccable service, the kindness/competence of the servers and staff on the floor, and more. Just absolutely amazing. I cannot recommend Barker enough for your special day. A cozy, sea-side, delicious, and FUN place to have your big day!

From the moment you step foot in Barker Tavern, you are treated like family. Becky and the entire team care deeply about the ease of the planning process and your satisfaction. Myself, my husband, and my family were sad when our wedding was over because we enjoyed working with Barker so much. We still get calls from friends and family who attended about how delicious the food was, how beautifully the evening flowed, and how wonderful all the staff were. Choosing Barker was hands down the best decision we made in the planning process. Would recommend enthusiastically!

Jan · Married on 11/02/2013

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! We had our wedding reception in the Williams Room at the Barker in November 2013 and it was absolutely amazing start to finish. The Barker team was incredibly helpful with the entire wedding planning process. Becky was responsive, knowledgeable, flexible and just genuinely dedicated to helping make our wedding day go as smoothly and stress free as possible. Don't hesitate to book your reception here!

Jan · Married on 11/02/2013

The Barker Tavern is an incredible venue for a wedding! Becky and her team are so attentive and responsive, I didn't have to worry or stress about a thing! The Barker did an incredible job from helping us plan through our big day. The food, service and ambiance was phenomenal!

Carol · Married on 10/20/2013

I can't say enough about Barker Tavern, Becky, and the staff.

I had to plan our wedding from out of state. I thought that may be difficult but it could not have been easier. Becky felt like family. She answered all phone calls, all emails...she had answers before I even thought to ask them.

Interacting with Becky for many months before the wedding made Barker Tavern and Scituate feel like home. A family owned business definitely has a heartwarming feel. Barker Tavern has so many wedding ceremonies and receptions each year but Becky made me feel like I was the only bride and my wedding was "it". Unbelievable and so appreciated! And I can say now that my wedding has passed, I miss her, and will look forward to going back to visit.

Barker Tavern itself is amazing. It is beautifully decorated and very classy. The grounds outside are gorgeous. The food is to die for, the staff exceptional. Our day went without a hitch...my husband and I didn't even need to think about where to be, the staff would gently guide us in the right direction.

Barker Tavern was the PERFECT choice for our fairytale! And Becky...I can never thank her enough. Special thanks to Judy as well who personally helped me on my wedding day.

Nora · Married on 05/25/2013

If I could give this place 6 stars, I would. Great food, great service, exceptional staff, and perfect New England charm. I knew I wanted to get married here just a few hours after I got engaged, and I'm so glad we did. Everything was perfect - even though it rained on my wedding day, the Barker made up for it! I didn't have to worry about a thing and as soon as the ceremony was over, I breathed a sigh of relief and was able to just enjoy my wedding. Becky and her team took care of everything so I could have fun, socialize, and dance the night away. I am so, so happy with the way everything went with our wedding day.

I was worried that serving their delicious swordfish and filet mignon for 100 people wouldn't be as delicious as it usually is, but every guest commented on how great the food was, and what a great place the Barker is overall. We look forward to celebrating our anniversary there and having some swordfish again sooner!

Jennifer · Married on 10/20/2012

I can't recommend the Barker Tavern highly enough! They were an amazing value and did everything they could to take the stress out of wedding planning! From their upfront wedding packages that were priced out in full (no need to factor in all of the extra taxes and fees and gratuities that add up quickly) to their level of flexibility that allows the bride to customize her wedding, I absolutely loved having my wedding at the Barker! Becky was wonderful, and so responsive I knew I could get in touch with her quickly no matter what time of day over any little matter that came up. When my centerpieces fell through at the last minute, she was offering up her decorations and even emailing me ideas that she saw other brides do that would match the theme of my wedding. When you become a Barker Bride they provide you with all of the information you need to keep you on track - it was like having a wedding planner for no additional cost! The binder that they give you to break down your tasks by month was amazingly helpful in the planning process. The wedding day went seamlessly, and all of my guests keep raving on about what an amazing place and what amazing food they had, and many of them have been back since! We loved the Barker because all the food was cooked to order, so everyone's meal was restaurant quality and not the typical pre-cooked catering food. What's even nicer was the one year anniversary dinner they gave us to help celebrate our first year of marriage by coming back to the place where it all happened. I couldn't have found a better location, or nicer staff to work with, they really made my day perfect and I honestly can't thank them enough!

Sent on 02/04/2013

Barker Tavern's reply:

Hi Jennifer and Michael!! Hope you are enjoying married life!! It has been such a pleasure to get to know both of you as you planned your wedding reception. You put so much time and effort in the details of your wedding - I especially loved the pumpkins greeting your guests as they arrived!! A perfect day!!! Keep in touch!

Lindsey · Married on 06/16/2012

The Barkers is the place to have your wedding! They were the most amazing professional staff I have ever worked with. My husband and I were planning a wedding from long distance and they were there every step of the way. The Barkers went above and beyond our expectations and and made our wedding a dream come true. I cant stop talking about the wedding, the people, the staff, the food, the wait staff, the beautiful room. I keep looking on facebook eager to see all photos! We defintley give the Barker Tavern two thumbs up and if I had to reccomend a venue to a couple, it would be The Barker Tavern. Barkers gets into every detail and takes care of everything. My husband I were calm the whole planning time thanks to Barker Tavern. They truely made our wedding special and more than I ever imagined it would be. We cant wait to go back and visit everyone at the Barker Tavern, from the first planning day on they became "family" to us. We cant thank them enough!

Sent on 06/21/2012

Barker Tavern's reply:

Congratulations Lindsey and Ryan on your 8 month anniversary!!! Thank you so much for your kind words. So glad you you had fun at your wedding - especially loved the butterflies!!! Hope you are able to visit us soon!!!

Lisa · Married on 06/01/2012

I would recommend the Barker Tavern to everyone! Becky and the whole staff were so easy to work with and they made sure everything was perfect for the biggest day of our life! It was just the most amazing day! Thanks so much for all that you did Becky!!

Sent on 08/10/2012

Barker Tavern's reply:

Thank you so much Lisa for your kind words - Looking forward to seeing you and Andrew on your First Anniversary!!

Regan · Married on 04/28/2012

The Barker Tavern in Scituate MA is the ultimate wedding venue. The room and location are beyond beautiful, overlooking serene Scituate Harbor. Becky and the entire staff go out of their way to make your dreams come true on your special day. There was not a detail missed and with Becky at my side, I was worry free the entire night. On top of all this, the food is OUT OF THIS WORLD. If you are looking to wow your guests with an intimate evening, in a beautiful space, with amazing food, The Barker Tavern is your destination. Words can't express how wonderful our expereince was the The Barker Tavern.

Sent on 06/28/2012

Barker Tavern's reply:

Hope all is well, Regan and Ed - and Ed is home safe and sound!! So glad you enjoyed your wedding day - it was a pleasure to work with you as you planned your wedding - long distance!!! Looking forward to seeing you again when Ed has leave - I'll have Lamb Kebobs waiting!!!!