Barefoot Minded Reviews

Barefoot Minded 3
Barefoot Minded 4
Barefoot Minded 5

Maeghan · Married on 04/26/2014

Barefoot Minded are amazing! They played at our wedding and we couldn't be happier with their performance. Playing island style, modern hits in addition to learning two songs that were special to us, they not only made our nite, but set the mood for all our guests. I highly recommend them and hope to have them play for us again at future events! Aloha!!

Sent on 05/16/2014

Barefoot Minded are great! We wanted a chilled out, laidback vibe to our small wedding, and they provided exactly what we requested. Oren emailed me before the event to ask about any details/song requests and worked seamlessly with my wedding coordinator at Gannons (Wailea, Maui). They were on time and very pleasant guys to work with. Can't recommend them highly enough, especially if you like music like Jack Johnson, island tunes, etc. :) Thanks Barefoot Minded!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Lesley · Married on 03/22/2014

We hired Barefoot Minded for our wedding, which involved the back deck at Merriman's, followed by the beach, and then back to the deck. We seriously could not have been happier. They warmed up our crowd on the deck while we took pictures on the beach. Then they played the perfect music during our ceremony (all music of their own choosing, we didn't even make special requests). After dinner, they played lively enough music that our little group was able to get some dancing in. We got great feedback from our guests afterwards. We could not have been happier.

Sent on 03/29/2014

Gerard · Married on 01/24/2014

What a fantastic band. We felt so privileged that we could have them at our wedding - from the opening wedding dance to the final close our guests and ourselves were just enthralled. The band plays predominantly acoustic folk but also played excellent pop, rock, blues and reggae. We can't recommend this band enough.

Sent on 02/03/2014

Dustin · Married on 01/16/2014

Oren provided a fantastic atmosphere for my Mother-in-law's wedding! He was very responsive, punctual, and an extremely nice individual. I highly recommend him!!

Sent on 01/19/2014

Renee · Married on 01/09/2014

Barefoot Minded made our destination wedding complete. We had our wedding at Merriman's restaurant in Kapalua Bay on their back deck. BFM played acoustic style music which really brought our family and friends together (40 of us!). We wanted a laid back island beat with modern day song "covers" that everyone could enjoy and sing along to...they definitely delivered. By the end of the night we had everyone jamming to the bongos and dancing around the fire pit singing along (even the older folks!). People were interlocking arms and swaying to the beats. They helped to kindly facilitate moving the crowds to do things like transition from cocktail hour to reception, our first dance and toss the bouquet. They were professional and just all around fun, cool guys. They felt like part of our friend circle and we are grateful to have been able to have them play for our event. Even weeks after the wedding we have people telling us how much fun they had at the reception and specifically that they thought the band was awesome. I definitely recommend these guys for your special event or wedding.

Sent on 01/22/2014

Alexandra · Married on 12/29/2013

We loved Barefoot Minded! They created the perfect environment for our ceremony on Maui.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Teri · Married on 11/24/2013

Perfect duo for our Hawaiian vow renewal. You should not hesitate to book this band!!

Sent on 12/01/2013

David · Married on 11/16/2013

Barefoot Minded was really great for our wedding/reception at our house. I was really happy to find live musicians that could also bring a DJ setup. We had a live duo for our first hour and had them DJ the reception for the next few hours. They were very flexible with our guests that had requests, make speeches, and even the guests that had a special song to perform.

Many guests came up to tell me how much they loved the music.at the event. I highly recommend Barefoot Minded. Thanks guys!!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Chere · Married on 11/12/2013

Barefoot Minded was the perfect band to play at our wedding. The vibe they provided was amazing and they made sure all our guests had a great time. Their musical talent has no match. They also learned to play songs we wanted for a small fee, and one was even last minute notice and they did such a fantastic job- my husband and I still talk about it every day. We loved the beachy vibe of the songs the band played and then for the rest of the evening we had them DJ. They were excellent at feeling out the crowd for the right type of dance songs and hardly anyone stayed sitting down. I can't imagine what our wedding would have been like without these guys. Thanks so much!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Wow guys ! You rock!, thank you so much for being a part of our wedding day. You are truly talented and added that island feel to our special day.
    We are so glad we had the privilege to have you sing at our ceremony.
    Thanks for learning the song we wanted to hear for our ceremony, it meant the world to us.

I would definitely recommend you to every couple..
    Thank you again !!!!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Sheri · Married on 10/27/2013

They were awesome! They handled our entire wedding from the ceremony to the reception. We absolutely loved them and would recommend them again and again. Thanks for creating great memories!

Sent on 12/04/2013

Somer · Married on 10/24/2013

These musicians added so much to our wedding, we had heaps of compliments on how amazing they were and how friendly they were. I would highly recommend them if you want to add fun, great music, awesome talent and friendliness to your special event. They also learned songs for us at our request and we were simply blown away!!!!

Sent on 10/26/2013

Tom · Married on 10/17/2013

They were the perfect band for a beach wedding!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Jason · event on 10/11/2013

Barefoot Minded was an amazing aspect at our wedding. Over the past weeks our friends and family have made multiple comments on how great they were. In addition to learning multiple songs they where great to work with. Do to our venue have a band of their own during our dinner we had to rework the contract over and over. They didn't hesitate to make adjustments with no penalty to us. Once again these guys were great. Thank you very much Oren!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Jared · Married on 08/24/2013

Barefoot Minded played our wedding and they were absolutely perfect for the occasion. They kept the party going and the dance floor shaking all night. I would highly recommend them for any type of event where you want good music and great memories.

Thank you for amazing music and MC our wedding.

Mahalo
    The Hughes'

Sent on 09/05/2013

Brittany · Married on 07/27/2013

Oren and Junior with Barefoot Minded are fabulous!! Through the planning process they were amazing and quick with responses making it no a brainer to choose them for the entertainment. They did our ceremony and reception. The ceremony was beautiful and sweet. The reception had every guest dancing uptil the very end. Our guest are still raving about how awesome Barefoot Minded was. We loved everything about Oren and Junior, 5 stars all around. Thank you for making our day magical.

Sent on 08/06/2013

Susan · Married on 07/06/2013

Absolutely perfect! I picked this duo to play at our beach wedding and reception dinner. I did not use a planner (other then a "day of planner") so I chose everything based upon online reviews. I could not have been more pleased with Barefoot Minded, they were beyond excellent. I even let them pick out first dance song and they nailed it! I would highly highly recommend to anyone planing a HI island
    wedding (they travel to all the islands I think, mine was on Maui at Napili Kai Resort. Well worth ever penny and more!

Sent on 07/14/2013

Michael · Married on 07/05/2013

These guys are absolutely amazing. Not only did they travel to another island for us, they also put on a fantastic show leading up to our late night DJ! They played some classics with island flair and even learned a couple requests for us as well. We received so many compliments on the band from attendees of the wedding as well as staff from the hotel. Everyone wanted to know who they were and the hotel itself plans to recommend them for future wedding parties.

All in all, if I get married again, I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Henry · Married on 06/22/2013

Barefoot Minded were absolutely awesome! Oren was incredibly responsive and easy to work with and the band on the night were the perfect end to our wedding. Many of our guests commented on how much they loved the band and their energy. Their sound is really fantastic! If you've listened to Oren's music online, then you probably already love the songs... believe me when I say that they sound just as good (if not better) in person.

I really can't praise them more highly. They have the perfect mix of a great Hawaiian sound with everything you need to get your party going on the dancefloor! You can't go wrong here!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Nicole · Married on 06/16/2013

When I stumbled across Oren and Junior I knew they had that extra something that would make our Maui wedding ceremony incredible. We were not disappointed! Barefoot Minded was fantastic. They are extremely reasonably priced, flexible, professional, and oh so friendly. We highly recommend them for any event!!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Crystal · Married on 05/04/2013

We had a destination wedding in Maui and finding vendors was the hardest part of the process. These guys were booked less than a month before the big day and they turned out to be one of the best parts of the night. They are talented and friendly, with great song choices to complete the ultimate island vibe. We even paid a little extra to have them learn our first dance song and it was seriously the best money we spent on our whole wedding, it couldn't have been more perfect, I just wish we had a recording of it! Thanks for making our reception so fun guys!

Sent on 05/14/2013

We hired Barefoot Minded Duo to perform for our wedding ceremony and reception at Merriman's Kapalua. They were fantastic artists and they had our guests dancing all night. Their music has a wonderful beach-feel to it and everyone loved their presence throughout the entire evening. I would highly recommend Oren and Junior for any Maui wedding.

Sent on 03/04/2013

Kanha · Married on 10/11/2012

Couldn't be more stoked on how AHHHHMAZING these guys were!! Being from the rock, my best friends reached out to me to help find the right musicians to play at their destination wedding on Maui. I couldn't have gotten more lucky to have found these guys...they were incredibly reliable and easy going and they sounded great!! They had no problem learning a song for the wedding and the bride and groom STILL talk about how memorable it was to have this song play as they became husband and wife...it couldn't have turned out any better. Everything was perfection and we HIGHLY recommend booking these guys, they forever changed Janny and Mike's wedding day!! Thanks so much guys!! Much Aloha!! XO -Kanha Karisma on behalf of Janny and Mike Brown October 2012

Sent on 12/12/2012

Nicole · Married on 09/16/2012

These two made our wedding even more amazing! We traveled to maui in september 2012 for our wedding, all the way from australia. i found these guys online and loved the relaxed vibe. i instantly got in contact via email and come our wedding day they were there! :)no hassles no worries! too easy. our guests are still talking about them, now my only problem is we have having a party back home in australia, i wonder if they might fly over for a gig! Mahalo guys you rock island style :) -Nicole and Nathan Allen

Sent on 08/22/2013