Barefoot Minded Reviews

Barefoot Minded 3
Barefoot Minded 4
Barefoot Minded 5

Jennie · Married on 08/04/2016

Oren and Junior were fabulous! It was very apparent they love what they do! They even learned special songs for us! We are already talking about having them play for us again if we renew our vows on Maui.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Tatiana · Married on 06/28/2016

My Husband and I hired Barefoot Minded to perform during our Ceremony & Cocktail Hour and we cannot recommend them enough! All of our guests came up to us at some point during our wedding and raved about their performance. We love music so much and wanted to make sure we picked musicians that really set the tone for our laid back beach wedding and we were not disappointing. Even with everything going on, Oren & Junior made sure to come find us to congratulate us on our wedding before they left the venue which we really appreciated! If you're looking for excellent wedding music in Hawaii, you absolutely can't go wrong with Barefoot Minded!

Sent on 07/11/2016

I do not think I can say enough words to show my appreciation of these guys.

I heard about barefoot minded from a friend that introduced me to surfing years ago. He really digged their island vibes, once I heard them, I instantly understood what he meant. Out of pure coincidence, my fiance and I saw Oren play live at Lahaina a couple days before he would play at our wedding. I dabbled in music a little myself over the last 20 years and I instantly recognized their distinct sound. I told my wife, " Hey I think these are the dudes we will have play at the wedding." And when we looked at their barefoot I was like, "I'm pretty sure these are the guys!". An insane coincidence, and one that made us confident that we chose the perfect band and the rest is history.

Music is such a key portion of any wedding. And these guys are simply awesome! My only advice would be to get these guys scheduled up for your wedding or event asap! They are an amazing group and they truly made our wedding reception something special at the Grand Wailea in Maui. We know we loved em, but we also got so many amazing comments from our guest on how excellent these guys were! Oren and Junior went above and beyond to make it a great night. We had such an amazing time. Truly a special group! Highly recommended!

If we ever have another event in Maui we will totally call on these awesome dudes again!

Barefoot Minded, Thank you for such an awesome performance!

Miko & Jenna

Sent on 07/03/2016

Kimberlea · Married on 06/07/2016

Amazing musicians! The variety of songs that they know kept our wedding going! The best part is they learned a song we requested for our first dance and it was perfect! I can't thank you guys enough for the beautiful evening you were a part of. If you are looking for talented, outgoing and professional musicians you can stop looking cause you have found the best the island has to offer! Thank you again!!! Allen and Kimmie Dominguez

Sent on 07/21/2016

Brian · Married on 04/20/2016

The guys were super easy to work with; we had them do an acoustic set for a very intimate set, and they were very flexible. Although I don't plan to get married again, we will have to find a reason to book them again. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/21/2016

Sarah · Married on 01/05/2016

Barefoot minded was an amazing choice for our wedding. Not only are they professional and talented musicians, but they also created the lively fun atmosphere we were looking for! Even the little ones were dancing all night! We fully recommend these guys to anyone looking for live music at their wedding. They were flexible with the hours we needed them for and were super easy to work with making our planning that much smoother.

Thanks guys for making our day even more enjoyable! You guys are awesome!

Sarah and Tyler

Sent on 01/10/2016

Kristin · Married on 10/23/2015

Oren and Junior were awesome!!!!! They absolutly completed our wedding day! Our guest loved them and they were a perfect fit for our laid back wedding. I wish I could fly them to Florida for our reception here!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Jason · Married on 10/22/2015

Our wedding was awesome because of all the talented people that were a part of it. After reviewing wedding options online for many months we came across Barefoot Minded. We wanted Barefoot Minded to play at our wedding so much that the date of our wedding was partially decided based on the bands availability. We can not express how great they are and were at our wedding. If we had the opportunity to plan our wedding again we would choose Barefoot Minded every time. They are phenomenal. To anyone currently in the market for a great band at your wedding, this band is the best.

Jason & Deniz

Sent on 11/03/2015

Codi · Married on 09/22/2015

My husband and I had Barefoot Minded play our wedding in September in Maui. These guys came highly rated from our wedding coordinator but exceeding my expectations! Oren and Junior played our entire evening starting with parents and bridal party processional and into the evening fun. Not only do they play amazing acoustic island-style music but they have the experience to know how to keep the dance floor full with DJ sessions as well. My most favorite thing about them though was their attitudes, they were genuinely happy to be a part of our day and share in the joy. They were polite and professional from my first correspondence with them until they bid us farewell at the end of the evening. You will not be disappointed booking with Barefoot Minded, they are worth every single penny!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Jena · Married on 09/19/2015

Barefoot Minded was AMAZING in every way. I got married at Plantation Gardens in Kauai. I found Barefoot Minded online when searching for wedding music in Hawaii almost a year ago. We didn't hesitate for a second on the decision to fly them over from Maui for the wedding after listening to their music, reading their reviews, and their level of responsiveness was incredible right off the bat. They were one of the first vendors we decided on. We knew we had found something very special. We decided to hire them for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and music during dinner. We had them for a little over 4 hours and loved every second of it. We ended the night with a DJ from Kauai -- it was the perfect combo. Oren and Junior learned the song I wanted to walk down the aisle to and they did an amazing job. It was very special, it was the same song my mom walked down the aisle to 35 years ago. They also let my Uncle plug in and play our first dance song. I cannot say enough good things about Oren and Junior -- they were such a special part of our day and were a dream to work with which makes all the difference when planning a destination wedding. We had 100 guests at our wedding and everyone was raving about Barefoot Minded. Hurry up and book them, you will not regret it! I can't wait to have the chance to see them play again. THANK YOU OREN & JUNIOR for making our wedding day more incredible than we could have ever imagined.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Jill · Married on 09/06/2015

If you're looking for a band that sounds like Jack Johnson meets John Mayer meets the Lumineers - then hire these guys!

When we first went on a search for wedding music, we came across Barefoot Minded and simply fell in love with their music and island vibe. To our dismay (well almost!), they were originally booked for another event on our date (so book them quickly!) - but we couldn't have lucked out more when we found out that they became available to us for our date! The stars aligned for us and we got all of our dream vendors!

We worked with Barefoot Minded to play our ceremony music and cocktail hour music, and also worked with their friend Chris (Clarity Entertainment) to be our after party DJ (who was also awesome!).

Barefoot Minded was extremely responsive during our planning process, super positive, energetic, excited, and so so kind - and did I mention - talented? They did such an excellent job at our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, put their own islandy/reggae twist on our favorite songs, and impressed us and all of our guests.

It rained for an hour on our wedding day, and Barefoot Minded had their equipment already set-up outdoors (where our ceremony was), but they simply grabbed their equipment and quickly hid it from the rain in our hotel's beach shack, and brought it all back out post-rain, without any complaints of playing post-rain. They were so great!

We even went to watch them perform live before our wedding, and felt like we were at a concert for Jack Johnson, John Mayer, or The Lumineers. Their voices are simply incredible. We can't tell you how many times we listened to their YouTube videos pre-wedding, simply because we just loved their voices and music.

If you want a great music duo that will make your guests feel like they're at a professional concert on the island - hire Barefoot Minded!

Sent on 12/29/2015

Jane · Married on 08/20/2015

I don't have enough words or space in this section to tell you how AMAZING Barefoot Minded was!!!!! They truly made my wedding day. Their music, voices, style, and personalities are the BEST! My guests are still talking about how they were the best part of the evening! LOVED LOVED LOVED Barefoot Minded! They are a MUST have for your Hawaii wedding!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Colin · Married on 08/04/2015

We recently got married in Kihei and the highlight of the wedding for both me and my new wife, as well as our guests, was definitely Barefoot Minded.

We had discussed if we wanted to hire Barefoot Minded for just the reception or if we wanted to have them play for the entire day. In the end we had them play for the ceremony, cocktails and the reception and we are so glad we did. They were incredible. Not only are they great musicians but they are also two very nice, down to earth gentlemen. They played a mixture of classic Hawaiian music as well as top 40 which was a big hit for the older and younger crowd. They also learned a new song for us on short notice and played it while the bride walked down the aisle.

Barefoot Minded made the most important day of our life a 10 out of 10. We would confidently recommend Barefoot Minded to anybody getting Married in Maui!

Sent on 08/18/2015
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 07/06/2015

My wife and I could not have been more pleased with the music provided by Barefoot Minded Duo.

The selection process for a vendor was not easy as we were both residing in Australia and USA (NJ) respectively at the time. As you can imagine, we had to go through our share of online reviews and word-of-mouth suggestions, and I mean A LOT. After reviewing some of their videos online - their website is great too - we decided it was EXACTLY what we were looking for: cool, fun and laid back, yet still local premium entertainment! From their immediate professionalism to easy-going attitude, we found them to be an excellent vendor to work with. They were extremely understanding and responsive to all our questions/enquiries leading up to the big day!

Upon conclusion of the wedding, we received RAVING reviews from our guests who actually were chanting "we want more Barefoot Minded"! ...I ended up selecting a bunch of songs prior that we preferred from their greater list and they inserted them perfectly at times when we needed something slower and/or faster. While we didn't have a formal dance floor, they managed to get everyone up and dancing throughout the cocktail hour (which we extended) and it really made the night.

Again, my wife and I cannot recommend Barefoot Minded Duo enough - if you're looking for excellent wedding music in Hawaii, you really need to go with Oren and Junior - they're simply amazing!

Sent on 07/19/2015
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 06/21/2015

These guys are AH-MAZING!!! Honestly they set the perfect mood and atmosphere for our sunset elopement in Maui. I could not think of anyone better then these two to play at our wedding. It was so intimate and romantic. They have amazing voices and play so well with one another. They play all kinds of music and have awesome advice for what to play when. It was so so so perfect. I would highly recommend these guys to anyone who needs a band or musician for any occasional. Will def be inviting them back next time we are in Maui for our anniversary!!! :)

Sent on 06/25/2015

Erin · Married on 06/10/2015

Incredible experience. They were such a highlight to our reception and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Thanks for making our wedding special!

Mahalo!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Barefoot Minded are top notch professionals who really enjoy what they do!

Oren and Junior both were great at our wedding on Maui. They worked with us to learn a new song for our first dance, went over playlists multiple times and just did an outstanding job to keep both the ceremony and reception going. Our reception was 50+ attendees and they were able to play acoustic without any issues. They had the right approach every time we asked for a certain part of the reception to happen, always on point when it came to our pre-selected songs.

Sent on 06/17/2015
  • User5198130 · 2+ years ago

Oren and his team truly made our day perfect. He was super responsive to my emails and so laid back and easy to work with. I could not recommend him enough for your event! Incredible musician and person.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Valerie · Married on 05/11/2015

Oren and Junior provided the perfect music for our ceremony, as well as our cocktail hour at our beachside wedding! So responsive via email leading up to the event, and really just spot-on with the song choices and knowing what our guests would love to hear. Had many rave reviews after the wedding from our guests about barefoot minded! They were such professionals and just really nice guys that you will love having as part of your wedding. I would highly recommend them - they made our day that much more memorable with beautiful music!

Sent on 05/23/2015

lynnea · Married on 05/02/2015

Barefoot Minded is amazing! They set the perfect tone for our ceremony and cocktail reception. They are very talented, fun, and professional. Our guests kept raving about them and our event would not have been the same without them. It added a personal touch, and was the perfect island vibe we wanted. Worth EVERY penny!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Chris · Married on 05/01/2015

My sister surprised me by having Oren play the Ukulele at our beach wedding. We weren't originally planning on having any music, frankly because we don't have a lot of money! As I showed up to the beach, I see a guy playing a bunch of modern love songs on his ukulele (he didn't know any Jethro Tull though, which needs to be remedied immediately). I talked with him a bit, not realizing that I was probably distracting from setting the ambience, but he was very easy going and didn't seem to mind me talking (I was the groom, so I suppose he couldn't ignore me completely).

To the important part: as my wife-to-be walked down the beach with her parents in hand, he began playing Somewhere Over the Rainbow, the Israel Kamakawiwo'ole version. My sister suggested that one, and it was a song that my wife and I did indeed love. I couldn't have imagined how much more powerful it was for me to see her walk down with Oren playing this song. What would have likely still been a nice moment brought me to tears much faster than I anticipated. One of the highlights of my life!

Then after we said our "I do's" and we were declared the Mr. and Mrs., he began playing the Longest Time by Billy Joel, our song, once again requested by my sister. She had to pay extra for him to learn it, but it was great considering this is a song we've associated with our relationship for the past 8 years.

Keeping in mind that I'm reviewing Oren as a music lover, not a casual listener: I highly recommend him! Made the moment that much more beautiful and made me forever grateful that my sister hired him.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Tia · Married on 04/30/2015

Oren and Junior are such fantastic musicians and we felt so grateful to have them be a part of our wedding. Their style of music was exactly what we were looking for to set the tone for our celebration. Our guests loved listening to them. Can't say enough about this band!

Sent on 05/07/2015
  • F

Frank · Married on 04/15/2015

These guys know what's up! Oren and junior are so professional and such talented musicians that all you have to do is book them and they'll handle the rest. They were flexible in every way and really made my bride and I super happy.

Sent on 04/25/2015

Barefoot Minded did an absolutely amazing job of keeping in tune with the pulse of our wedding, perfectly complementing the atmosphere and energy as it shifted throughout the evening (for example, busting out tunes from "The Little Mermaid" when all of our kid guests hit the dance floor).

They are talented, fun and easy to work with, and all around awesome dudes!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Ashley · Married on 03/03/2015

Amazing! Barefoot minded is the best band we could have ever imagined to have for our wedding. They are very talented and have a great energy. All of our guests loved them and they really made our wedding day special. They were flexible with our ceremony song request and very easy going with any other requests. I would highly recommend them for any party. Oren was great at corresponding prior to our wedding and very quick to respond to our emails. They are the absolute best!!

Sent on 03/06/2015