Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace Reviews

Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace 3
Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace 4
Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace 5

veronica · Married on 06/21/2014

I have been trying to come up with the perfect review for a perfect officiant, but I think there aren't enough words to describe the happiness and the joy we feel every time we think back to our ceremony.

Let's start from the beginning. We first contacted Barbara because I could sense a really beautiful energy through her pictures and videos in the website. We also wanted a custom ceremony, and she seemed to be happy to work with the couple. We emailed back and forth, she was very responsive, energetic and sweet!

We scheduled a call, and we fell in love! She was just the coolest. We knew in that moment that our wedding wouldn't be the same without her. And Boy we were right! She worked so hard helping us edit our ceremony and make it perfect for the timeline and for us. She was on time and super prepared ( I forgot to bring my wedding vows, but she had a copy! ). Her energy is so beautiful and calming. She did something very special for my husband and I right before the ceremony (which I will leave as a surprise for future couples) which really calmed us
    down and gave us an incredible peace. Just a couple of seconds of her calming energy were enough!
    The ceremony itself was so much fun, Yet heartfelt and spiritual. So many different elements. Peace, laughter, nostalgia, dreaming, crying! All in thirty minutes. When the ceremony was over my husband and I were shocked at how much fun we had during it. Later on everyone... Everyone! was asking about Barbara, everyone was impressed by her persona, her tone, her way of speaking, energy, the way she so beautifully conducted the ceremony and the crowd!

Barbara, Max and I thank you so much for helping us create a ceremony perfect for us.

Sent on 07/26/2014

Amy · Married on 05/30/2014

We are so happy we found Barbara. She provided us with a personalized service that went above and beyond anything we could have imagined. It was sweet, funny, and meaningful and meant the world to us. We LOVE Barbara and recommend her to anyone who wants to create special memories on their wedding day.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Louisa · Married on 05/20/2014

Trying to organise a wedding from the other side of the world (Australia) isn't easy. Well, at least that's what we've heard. With Barbara, everything just fell perfectly into place like a movie.

Our decision to hire Barbara was the best one we made (apart from getting married of course!). We read all the amazing reviews online and decided Barbara was just the officiant we needed. Boy did she deliver – and she was even more amazing than what we initially read in the reviews!

One of the most important things Barbara does is she really takes the time to get to know you. We Skyped several times with Barbara and also had many email exchanges. In many ways she knows more about our relationship than most of our friends and family.

From this, she created a truly bespoke ceremony that fitted our personalities, our relationship and even our guests so perfectly. The creative genius that allows Barbara to do this is incredible. How she can take all this information and tie it together without it sounding like a script is just amazing. Barbara has really found her true calling in life and it's clear she absolutely LOVES every second of what she does. She put her heart and soul into our ceremony and we understand that she does the same for every couple she works with.

I think the comments from my Dad summed things up pretty well: "That was by far the best wedding ceremony I've ever been to, including my own! It was the most heartfelt, meaningful and beautiful ceremony ever. I was amazed at how well Barbara knew you both and how beautiful and personalised the ceremony was. It was perfect". Everyone there pretty much felt the same way, including us.

It wasn't just Barbara's part of the ceremony that was absolutely perfect. It was also how easy she made the rest of it. She introduced us to John who totally nailed the photos - we still can't believe how good they look and also they are exactly the style we wanted - beautiful moments of the day capturing real emotions

Sent on 06/06/2014

Emilie · Married on 05/17/2014

I'm so happy we chose Barbara to officiate our wedding. We were both a little overwhelmed at the idea of creating a ceremony from scratch. We wanted a ceremony that was personal and intimate, yet also containted nods to traditional elements. Barbara took the sentiments we shared with her during the interview process and created a framework that then went through several rounds of patient editing and evolution. Through the editing process with her we were able to discover what would really resonate with us, and then Barbara made it sound good, too! On the day of our wedding Barbara was a calm and personable presence. She gracefully handled a last minute microphone glitch, and delivered the ceremony without amplification. Many of our guests told us they were very moved by our beautiful and unique ceremony.

Sent on 05/22/2014

Ashley · Married on 05/17/2014

Barbara was awesome! Her attention to detail was great and she really enjoys celebrating each couple's love story and making the ceremony unique for you. She had complete flexibility with us - we changed our ceremony style with only a few weeks until our wedding and she accommodated us with no issue at all. We were honored to have Barbara as our officiant and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Howard · Married on 04/19/2014

Barbara is amazing at what she does and we cannot recommend her highly enough. From the moment we first made contact with Barbara we felt a sense of empathy, commitment and understanding. And from there on in, her professionalism, sensitivity, humor, grace and style never faltered. It was a great pleasure working with Barbara on our ceremony. It was a collaborative process but skillfully guided by her - always supportive, always ready to offer a suggestion, always ready to be sensitive and funny when required. Our wedding ceremony was incredibly special and pretty much all of the credit goes to Barbara for this. We opted for quite a lengthy ceremony, but many of our guests said they would have liked it to go on longer...their reason....Barbara Ann. In fact a couple of guests have asked us to do it all over again...just so they can enjoy Barbara once more! Our guests were universally full of praise for our celebrant. It's hard to find the exact words that summarize the mood and feeling Barbara created at our wedding but that is all part of her magic and charm. There is no method or theory you could study to do what Barbara does...it just flows from here in a natural and wonderful way.

So if you are reading this and wondering whether Barbara is right for your wedding....don't wonder or hesitate. Barbara will be right for you - she just is wedding perfection.
    We can't thank her enough for her amazing contribution to our special day, but we certainly know she helped make the day as special as it was.

So we fully endorse Barbara as a celebrant you will be one hundred per cent happy with. She is a woman who is full of integrity and humanity and whom it has been our absolute pleasure to get to know.

Go Jester Of The Peace! - we are full of gratitude to you and marvel at what you do and the fact you do it so well.

Howie and David Xx

Sent on 04/29/2014

Joseph · Married on 03/22/2014

Barbara Michaels made the day so special and memorable. Throughout the process Barbara accommodated our needs. During the ceremony, Barbara captured the essence of our true love story and evoked an atmosphere that was personable and meaningful. Her style is graceful and spiritual.

Sent on 03/26/2014

Chad · Married on 02/22/2014

We were so beyond lucky to find Barbara Ann and have her as our officiant. She composed the most beautiful, humorous and heartfelt ceremony for the two of us and every one of our guests asked us if she was a friend of ours because she seemed to know us so well. From our first meeting through pronouncing us married, working with her was a wonderful and fun experience. What we truly loved and appreciated about her process is that it is such a collaborative and creative method between her and the couple, continuous communication back and forth crafting the ceremony until it is just right. Barbara has amazing instincts when it comes to weaving a couple’s story into a ceremony, even knowing the exact right place to put readings and making suggestions of where to expand and where to cut back. We had so many guests tell us that it was the most beautiful and touching wedding ceremony they had ever been witness to and, sorry to brag, but we have to agree and we have Barbara Ann entirely to thank.

Sent on 03/05/2014

Emmy · Married on 02/11/2014

Sven and Emmy Buijs (the Netherlands).

Sent on 08/22/2014

Don · Married on 02/07/2014

To be told that you are not able to marry the person you love has always been a disappointment. For the past ten years, living in Texas our state has dictated to us that we are not allowed to Marry each other. To proclaim our love for each other we agreed to marry New York. We were thankful that two of my family members were able to witness this great event. Although we had a very limited time to have our ceremony and nearly no time for planning, we were very grateful to have found Barbara Ann Michaels. She was able to put our service together within a matter of a couple hours. When we met her in Central Park for the 1st time, it was as if we had known her for years. She was so very personable, caring, and compassionate. A very beautiful soul really. She personalized our service and it was as just for us; nothing seemed scripted. After the service was complete, she had already arranged a warm place for us to sign our marriage license and helped us top off the evening with a wonderful dinner recommendation. She genuinely cares about the couples she marries. If you are looking for a warm heart felt ceremony that was created just for you, please contact Barbara Ann Michaels. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 02/11/2014

Barbara was awesome. We wanted a wedding in the snowy park in the morning (before it gets crowded and the snow gets walked-on), and that means a 12 hours notice to make sure we expect a snowy night. Barbara was super responsive and flexible, and totally open to our unusual requests. She then built a beautiful ceremony tailored to our style and preferences. Everyone found it moving and sweet.

When it gets to the formalities and paperwork, again Barbara proved to be super sweet and flexible. She helped us get everything to the city fast and even met me there few days after the wedding to speed up the process (we needed the certificate for something urgent).

All in all - a fantastic choice for any type of a wedding!

Sent on 03/01/2014

Andrea · Married on 01/03/2014

Barbara Ann Michaels was absolutely amazing, she made our wedding ceremony so beautiful, meaningful and fabulous for everyone. Thank you for making this day more amazing than we could of dreamed of!

Sent on 02/26/2014

Mark · Married on 12/26/2013

Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace was a wonderful officiant!

She joyfully guided both of us, after being partners for 25 years, through the process of determining what we wanted to include in our marriage ceremony, how to include special items of meaning, and and ways to best welcome participation, support and love from family and friends.

She engaged everyone in our wedding party and was able to help us both articulate our special love for each other in a way that included all.

Truly an amazing event because of her experience and ability to share her wisdom so gracefully with all involved, making the day truly magical (before, during and after)!

Jeff's mother commented that this was the best wedding that she had ever been to or had personally been in. All those who attended commented specifically to us how much they loved the way Barbara created our special day.

Thank you Barbara!

Mark & Jeff

Sent on 12/31/2013

Barabara was fantastic in helping us prepare for and officiate our wedding. My husband and I had no idea what to do or how to prepare..we were so overjoyed with the overturn of DOMA but were also unprepared on how to make our dream come true. In walks Barabara, who helps us prepare for the happiest day of our lives and makes it look so easy!

Barbara was fun, engaging, highly knowledgable, and went out of her way to make our day special.

I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with my husband 20 years ago when i first heard his voice. Barbara helped make a dream I've had for over half my life finally become a reality.

Thank you Barbara! David and I will never forget what you did for us!

Sent on 01/02/2014

Glen · Married on 11/09/2013

Barbara was such a joy to work with on our wedding. She was extremely professional while being thoughtful and caring at the same time. She made the process fun and easy. Many of our guests actually thought that we were close friends. I can't recommend Barbara enough. She will make your wedding ceremony witty and personal, joyous and loving.

Sent on 11/17/2013

I can't even begin to say how much I adore Barbara, and how happy I am that she was our officiant. After she married two friends of mine, I knew I had to have her officiate my own wedding. Barbara is all about love, hope, and positivity, and it shows in everything she does.

I feel like so many officiants don't really KNOW their couples, and you can always tell in those ceremonies. That is never the case for Barbara. By the time we were done crafting our ceremony, I knew Barbara "got" us and knew us well. Our ceremony reflected who we were as a couple perfectly. Our guests kept coming up to at the reception and telling us how wonderful and personal the ceremony was. One even said it was like "poetry."

Barbara - thank you again, so very very much, for being our officiant. You are an amazing one-of-a-kind person!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Maryanne · Married on 10/26/2013

My husband and I just got married this past weekend, and we were so incredibly moved by Barbara Ann's ceremony she created for us that we felt compelled to immediately shout praise from the rooftop! She is a wonderful person with an amazing gift and passion for what she does.

To all the couples out there looking for that certain someone who can put words into YOUR story and share it with meaning and love - Barbara Ann is your woman! She absolutely loves what she does, and it's apparent in her dedication and support she gives to those she works with. She was so pleasant and patient throughout the months we worked together collaborating and building the ceremony, it really calmed our nerves knowing she was going to be the one standing up there with us on our big day. She made is so easy, we just talked and told her what we felt in our hearts and she put it into beautiful words that became our ceremony.

Fast forward to wedding day…before the ceremony Barbara came in to the bridal suite to say hello and meet the MOB and the bridesmaids…she was so cool and did something fun and special that helped calm everyone's nerves making us smile and relax - much needed on wedding day! During the actual ceremony itself, we felt so comfortable with Barbara up there, she knows exactly how to guide you when you nervous and even stood behind us to help us repeat the vows so we didn't miss a beat. After the ceremony, we literally couldn't keep count of the amount of guests coming up to us and telling us how moving the ceremony was and how amazing our Jester of the Peace was. Many many many happy tears. Even our 7 year old "tough guy" nephew who carried the rings got teary eyed during ceremony, if that doesn't melt your heart I don't know what does!

Please do yourself a favor and book Barbara Ann for your wedding, you will have the most amazing ceremony and memories that will last a lifetime.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Alison · Married on 10/25/2013

As if you can't tell from reading all the other fabulous reviews, Barbara is fantastic. My fiancé and I were fairly laid back about the whole wedding planning thing, but we did want something more meaningful to us than the "do you take this person, do you take that person" thing. Almost immediately upon meeting Barbara for the first time, we knew that she fit the bill perfectly.

Over the course of a couple months, we met and corresponded with her several times, and the end result was a wedding that was completely us. We got to share our "official" story with those closest to us, which was great to hear and be able to tell. I'll admit, I was one of the "I'm cool with whatever" brides and didn't want anything that I personally thought of as kind of tedious (sand ceremonies? You mean every time I move from now until I die I have to not break this vase of sand?), but Barbara suggested a couple little touches that made the wedding that more meaningful. My guests still talk about how great the ceremony was, and I'm so happy that we decided to go with her.

If you're on the fence about Barbara, get off. She's awesome.

Sent on 01/07/2014

Cristobal · Married on 10/18/2013

Every guest greeted me during my cocktail hour by saying "That was the best wedding ceremony I have ever seen." Almost every person I talked to said the exact same thing. What made our wedding SO special was that it told OUR love story. It wasn't a traditional, staid ceremony. Barbara met with us early on and then gave us homework to do. We had to individually answer a series of questions about each other, how we met, what we love about the other person, and also offer other deeply detailed and personal stories. She then took all of this information and, over a couple of months, crafted a beautiful ceremony that celebrated our love story. It was moving, poignant, funny, unique and special. The ceremony addressed us as a couple, individually, as we saw ourselves, as we saw each other, and us as a future couple in marriage. It told the story of how we met, fell in love, quirks we share, shortcomings we possess, fun we have, and how we fit. I can honestly say there was not a dry eye in the house. We chose to not review the ceremony beforehand because we wanted to be surprised and I am so glad we made that decision. The emotional responses of laughter, tears, joy and love were all so clearly evident on our faces in all of our pictures. It was everything I could ever have hoped for and I owe such a debt of gratitude to Barbara for making it happen.

What’s so wonderful about Barbara is her flexibility. My wedding ceremony could probably be described as a combination Jewish, Hindu, Christian, Marriage Equality, Secular and Broadway meets Stevie Nicks affair. We crammed a lot of “difference” into one ceremony and Barbara weaved everything we threw at her seamlessly together into a beautiful and magical story. The phrase “Wedding of the Century” came up over and over during the reception and for weeks, and even months, afterwards. That is remarkably high praise for a NYC wedding. New Yorkers are hard to impress and overly skeptical, but Barbara knocked their socks off!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Madelyn · Married on 10/13/2013

My husband and I were looking for a relaxed yet unique wedding, that included an untraditinal interfaith ceremony. Barbara's ad stood out to us online because of the way she described herself as quirky and fun, two qualities that suit us as well. We enjoyed the whole process of creating "our love story" and knew that the ceremony would be something to remember. Boy were we right!! Even now, weeks after our wedding, our guests/loved ones are still raving about Barbara and regarding our ceremony as unlike anything else they have experienced. We recommend her to all couples looking for a personalized and romantic ceremony - one that will be remembered by all!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Tiffany · Married on 10/12/2013

My wife and I chose to use Barbara because we wanted an unconventional wedding as we're an unconventional couple. We wanted something short, sweet, intimate, and humorous. Barbara delivered on all accounts. She was more than happy to work with us on the verbiage of our ceremony to make truly ours. All 25 of our guests commented on how much they loved her delivery. We loved Barbara and would recommend her services to anyone.

Sent on 10/19/2013

Adam · Married on 10/05/2013

Barbara Ann was incredible throughout the entire wedding process. She helped craft a unique and extremely personalized wedding ceremony that perfectly captured the essence of our relationship. Many of our guests felt that Barbara Ann was a family friend because the ceremony she created was so meaningful and authentic. Barbara Ann brought a sense of calm and professionalism to our wedding planning process. We would highly recommend Barbara Ann to anyone looking for a highly personalized and memorable wedding ceremony.

Sent on 01/02/2014
  • I

Irwin · Married on 10/04/2013

Barbara was a brilliant, empathetic and spiritual facilitator of the most important day of my and my beloved's lives. For the rest of our lives when we reflect on our amazing marriage, we will always lovingly recall Barbara who guided and kept us sane all the way through our vows. It's funny and wonderful how some people unexpectedly come into our lives and help change them for the better. Certainly Barbara is one of those people!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Stephanie · Married on 09/28/2013

Barbara (The Jester of the Peace) was the perfect fit for us and our unusual artistic wedding, bringing her boundless creativity and attentiveness to help us express what makes our love distinctive. She was instrumental in helping us share the best of who we are individually and together as a couple.
    She was always encouraging and fun throughout the entire process, supporting our wacky ideas such as having a roller-skating “Ring Bear” and “Flower Gorilla” (we got married at the Bronx Zoo). She gave us suggestions when we didn’t know what to do or felt stuck. Her communications via phone and email were always enthusiastic and timely, and even though we fell behind with our due dates she never put pressure on us, always a source of calm and positive energy. Another essential strength she offers is her emotional support, especially on our wedding day. She participated in a spiritual ritual to ground us minutes before the ceremony began, which really helped us enter into the ceremony fully present. We also greatly appreciate her sense of humor: since we got married at the zoo she agreed it would be great fun for her to wear giraffe ears and a tail for the ceremony, which is a testament to her commitment to love at its most playful and profound. We are so thankful to Barbara and highly recommend the Jester of the Peace!

--Stephanie and Peter
    Married September 28, 2013
    New York

Sent on 10/30/2013
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 09/28/2013

After looking online for officiants in NYC, I could go no further after viewing Barbara's page. I sent an email inquiry and received a response almost right away. We spoke on the phone and I immediately knew she was the officiant to marry me and wife. She took the time to get to know us both. She was so pleasant to speak with and we both felt that we'd known her for years even thought we'd only spoke over the phone and skype. Barbara put us both at ease throughout the entire stressful process of planning an out of state wedding. She even took the time to find out our interests so she could make incredibly helpful suggestions for our photo sessions and places to visit while in town.

As we left the taxi to meet Barbara at the entrance the Brooklyn Bridge for our wedding ceremony we both felt nervous. Upon meeting her in person our nerves were calmed and we instantly felt a strong sense of trust and comfort from Barbara. Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful and couldn't have been more perfect for the both of us. I would wholeheartedly recommend Barbara as an officiant to my closest of friends and family.

Sent on 11/25/2013