Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace Reviews

Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace 3
Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace 4
Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace 5

sheri · Married on 09/19/2015

I wish there were more than 5 stars- because Barbara deserves it all. I can't express how wonderful she was- from our first conversation I just knew she was "it." She's the whole package (I sound like I am speaking of a date with my now husband!). While I had high expectations for the ceremony (Barbara gives you confidence and peace of mind throughout the process)- she blew it away. We wanted to her to tell our "love story", and make it "ours." She told it with love, humor, and personality. It was more than I ever anticipated. After the ceremony I can't tell you how many of my guests came up to me to express their similar love for Barbara; my married friends said they wanted to renew their vows, just to have her there, my engaged couples asked for her info for their wedding, and my single friends- said they wanted to find someone just so they can have Barbara there. This is no exaggeration. Our wedding day was pure bliss and perfection; Barbara had a tremendous amount to do with that. I can wait to be a guest at a wedding where she is officiating - so I can experience it from another perspective. I will forever be grateful I found Barbara.

Sent on 09/26/2015

Melanie · Married on 09/04/2015

Barbara is simply wonderful! Organized, efficient, and extraordinary :)

Sent on 10/28/2015

A beautiful ceremony thanks to Barbara! A fantastic woman who made us feel happy. It was a lovely moment and Barbara help us in every step. Thank you so much!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Ben · Married on 08/01/2015

Barbara did an amazing job officiating our Central Park wedding. I can't recommend her highly enough. Everyone at the event complimented her work, including one guest who is a wedding professional himself. If you want a ceremony that is both professional, but also lively and interesting, hire Barbara.

She is also very easy to work with leading up to the ceremony. Barbara is really clear communicator and responds quickly to emails. She wrote an amazing ceremony for us that captured our unique relationship. I was most impressed with the way she facilitated our own involvement in the process by asking thoughtful questions and then using the answers to provide a unique flavor to the ceremony. Most importantly, Barbara's attitude is really respectful, professional and positive. The weeks leading up to the ceremony are a stressful time, but working with her was easy.

Sent on 10/23/2015

Erica · Married on 07/12/2015

Barbara is a truly amazing and beautiful wedding officiant. I echo the sentiments of previous reviewers. She has a warm, humorous and loving energy that makes you instantly at ease and also makes her feel comfortably familiar. When you first talk, she really listens to your story and uses that to craft your ceremony. We created our ceremony by answering her seven marriage questions and reading the answers to each other in front of our loved ones. Although we had our answers prepared, Barbara makes you feel so comfortable during the actual ceremony that we both added spontaneous elements and answers. It was so moving, meaningful, personal and fun. Numerous of our guests (many of whom had only attended traditional religious ceremonies before) said it was the most beautiful and genuine wedding they had witnessed. If you are looking for a truly unique and special marriage ceremony, Barbara is the person for you. She is open to many ideas and has a great and playful nature, as her business name suggests. We would do it all again exactly the same way!

Sent on 07/26/2015

Marion and Vidal · Married on 07/05/2015

Our wedding in New York was just perfect thanks to Barbara. All our family and friends thought that she is our friend and she already knew us. She listened to us carefullly and she was really interested in our love story. So she created the perfect ceremony for us. We feel that each ceremony is important and so special for her. During the ceremony, she took care of speaking slowly to help our french family to understand english. She also accept a small cambodian ritual in the ceremony, it was important for a part of our family. Barbara is a beautiful personne with a lot of love. In one word : the PERFECT officiant !
    Marion and Vidal from France

Sent on 10/28/2015

Barbara was a fantastic wedding officiant with a real intuition on what makes a relationship unique and special. After a couple questionnaires and in person meetings, she was able to craft a ceremony that felt like she had known us for years. Our friends and family treasured getting to know us even better through the ceremony. Her cheer and joy also added a lot to the wedding and our interactions before. We can't recommend Barbara highly enough.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Alex · Married on 06/19/2015

Barbara Ann Michaels was the best person to bring my wife and I together as a married couple. She exudes all the best things about making a life together in love and respect. She got to know us, and we got to know her. We built a ceremony that was not ceremonious but a true celebration of love. She was patient and professional through the ups and downs and unexpected turns of our wedding planning. She skillfully wove together the tale of our journey up to that day and brought in all of our loved ones present at the wedding to be not just spectators, but participants sharing in our joy. My wife and I decided to say our vows in each others' native language, but had little time to practice. She was the only one to give my wife the confidence to go forward with this despite her nerves - and she did it better than at any of our practices! Barbara has become a friend and I hope she can bring the same to anyone who considers her for their special occasion.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Carl and Debbie · Married on 05/25/2015

Barbara is a very passionate and caring person.

Sent on 10/31/2015

Antonella · Married on 05/15/2015

I just got married and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to have officiated. She was quick to respond to emails and calls no matter where she was!! On our wedding day my nerves were crazy and Barbara spoke to me before hand and just looked into my eyes and made me feel peaceful and relaxed. Once under the gazebo she made our service personal, romantic and funny! Thank you so much for making our wedding day relaxing and unique!!! You are amazing!!!

Sent on 05/17/2015

Amandine · Married on 04/22/2015

Barbara is a fabulous person and a perfect wedding officiant. She is attentive to the bride and groom. I recommend her to all couples who wish to marry and have a unique and moving wedding ceremony. Barbara celebrates love and people. This is someone for I have a lot affection. I am very proud to be working with her for a wedding. She adapts to every story and every person. She is so generous, kind and funny. Barbara knows how to touch the hearts of people. She is wonderful. Thanks for everything dear Barbara! Cheers.

Sent on 05/19/2015

We were very nervous when we started thinking about our officiant and ceremony. We knew we wanted a simple, secular ceremony, but we started with no clear idea of what our ceremony would be like. In our first conversation, Barbara gave us the starting point we were looking for -- the couples she has married are happy when their friends tell them, "your ceremony sounded like you." From the beginning, she was warm, kind and quirky, but also a professional and our guide. The three of us worked together to write our ceremony, and the result was something really beautiful and personal with exactly the tone we wanted. On our wedding day, Barbara was joyful, funny, and knew just what to do. Our friends and family could not stop telling us how wonderful our ceremony was. Though she left us after the wedding and went off to her next adventure (carrying a drum!), everyone remembered how great Barbara was too. Barbara, we don't know how you made it look so easy, but you have given us something special and unforgettable and that sounded like us. Thank you for everything.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Meeting Barbara was serendipitous. My husband-to-be met Barbara while looking for a seat at a taco place during lunch rush one day. We had not set a date at that point (we had a long engagement), but he mentioned that he was engaged and she gave him her card and said to give her a call if we needed an officiant.

Fast forward a year or so later. We decided on a date, and had less than three months to plan. We did our research and read all the wonderful, quirky stories from Barbara's website, and knew we had to go with her.

She was available for our wedding date and immediately began working with us, asking questions via email about what we wanted and making creative suggestions. Barbara suggested a "talk show" format for the non-religious ceremony, which was really fun and special. She also included a prayer to acknowledge my Catholic side. Our friends and family got to learn about how we met and the life we had started to build over the 4 years of our relationship. It was unforgettable, and we couldn't be happier. I was nervous my conservative Catholic relatives would frown upon the lack of a priest, but they were the first ones to tell me how much they loved the ceremony and how unique it was.

Barbara exudes charm and personality, is a great listener, is poised, and professional. She is truly gifted.

Sent on 10/31/2015

We were extremely lucky to find Barbara. She was wonderful not only the day of the wedding but before. She took the time to know us as a couple and our love story, which made the ceremony that much more special. She was kind hearted and funny at times when it was needed. She suggested that we read our vows in spanish, (our first language), and that was a magical moment. I wouldn't change one thing about our wedding day. I hope we could give you more than five stars Barbara!

Nicola · Married on 02/05/2015

We are from the UK and chose to get married in NYC as it our favourite place. Brilliant! Barbara made our day so very special. She created a truly personal service for us and captured everything we wanted to achieve. It was simply perfect and we cannot thank her enough.

Sent on 02/23/2015

We had such a great experience with Barbara! My husband and I were looking for a simple, very private experience and she delivered. My calls were returned quickly, she listened to our needs and was in our home a few days later. The actual ceremony was more like a conversation between us moderated by her. It was a really beautiful experience. We highly recommend her! M & J

Sent on 01/18/2015

Kristin · Married on 01/04/2015

Our wedding was amazing! Everyone had told us by far one of the best weddings they ever been to. The biggest highlight was Barbara she was outstanding in the way she brought our love story to life. We have a story where we were forced to keep our love a secret for many years and we finally were able to show the world our true love for each other. We invited people who thought they were coming to a love celebration and not a wedding. We made everyone wear a mask on arrival and then the wedding ceremony started. Barabra took our story and with her amazing personality had our guest full of tears and full of laughter. She is amazing, charismatic, well spoken and wonderful to listen to. We found her on yelp with great reviews that really don't even justify what she has to offer! I had guest wanting her information so they can use her in their future weddings and renewal of their vows(which inspired love). By far the best element of our special day! Thank you Barbara you will always be a special person to us. Tim & Kristin

Sent on 01/29/2015

James · Married on 12/20/2014

Picking a celebrant is not an easy task. Let me take a load off your shoulders by telling you that Barbara is the one for you!

To me, it's the little things that count. The hours she spent Skyping, emailing us, typing up our ceremony. The little notes she posted us before our wedding, the welcome to NYC texts, the excited day before the wedding text, the 24 hour post wedding check in. Barbara was just as excited about our wedding as we were!!!

She took the time to understand us and our relationship and what getting married meant to us. By the time our wedding day came along, Barbara felt more like a guest than our celebrant.

On the day of our wedding, Barbara waited patiently while we were running almost an hour late and when we did arrive, she had the biggest smile and the warmest hugs.

Barbara took all the stress out of our ceremony, we left it all up to her and knew that it would be amazing. We were wrong. Amazing is an understatement. Barbara exceeded all of our expectations and we were in awe of her and how amazing she had made our special day.

Barbara holds an annual party for her married couples, we live in Australia and will be making the effort to attend one of these in the future. This shows how much she gives of herself and cares for the couples she marries.

Sent on 02/21/2015

Belle & Lloyd · Married on 11/08/2014

Met Barbara at a friends wedding were she was the Officiant and was impressed with both her style and the customized wedding agenda. As a result we began to work with her for our garden style wedding. Barbara was extremely flexible in tailoring our wedding agenda to meet our needs. In addition her professionalism was greatly appreciated. Our decision to have Barbara officiate our wedding really made the event special. Many of our guests complimented us on her unique approach on the delivery of the ceremony.

Sent on 12/21/2014

Matt · Married on 11/01/2014

We had the pleasure of having Barbara, preside over our Love Summit as our Love Dignitary. Barbara was the absolute perfect fit for our wedding, a free-spirited celebration of love for all those to attend.

Our process searching for an officiant began with a phone call to Barbara just to find out if it would be possible for us to work together and what was expected to be a 15 minute phone call turned into a 90 minute phone call due to Barbara's warm, positive and open-minded spirit. We knew she was the one to marry us and from then she sculpted a perfectly balanced ceremony to represent each of us and our love.

Further, we actually never met Barbara until the day of the wedding and when we met, it was as if we were long lost friends giving hugs to each other at a 10 year reunion. She spent so much time getting to know us and revise our ceremony.

Everyone in attendance loved her and we received many compliments through the day on the creative and cooperative ceremony we had that Barbara made possible. I highly recommend Barbara to any couple!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Christian & Densy · Married on 10/04/2014

We are beyond delighted to commend Ms. Barbara Ann Michaels as the PERFECT wedding officiant. We met Barbara online after interviewing several officiants, and the moment we crossed words with her we knew she was the ONE. Her voice, projection and spirit blew our minds away. Not only she projected herself perfectly but also she was very receptive to the vision we had for our wedding. Since day one, Barbara was very prompt and diligent communicating to us the progress of drafting our ceremony. She provided us with several drafts for us to review and comment. Every single wish/request we made Barbara made sure was addressed. We had requested Barbara to draft a non-religious ceremony, as we are an interfaith couple. However, we felt that we were missing a divine blessing as part of our ceremony.
    So at the 11th hour on the day of the ceremony right before us walking down the aisle, we requested a prayer (not included in the final draft). Sure enough, Barbara said the most wonderful prayer we could implore for our marriage.
    Her ideas were mind-blowing as well! She helped us come up with the most elegant idea for a ritual during the wedding ceremony, and engaged all of our guests in the ritual as well. ALL the guests loved the ceremony, as they too felt blessed, touched and impacted by this special moment.

The entire ceremony was admired and cheered by ALL wedding guests and even the hotel staff! Barbara made the ceremony be a true expression and celebration of love.

Deeply from our hearts, C+D

Sent on 10/19/2014

Barbara did a fantastic job building a unique ceremony for us. We knew after meeting her that she would be the perfect person for us, her warmth, energy and enthusiasm for what she does was evident from the start. We loved the questionnaire she had us answer and after reading her first draft of the ceremony, we were thrilled with how she wove our own words into the ceremony.

Many of our guests commented on how great Barbara was and how fun she made the whole ceremony. We highly recommend working with her! Thanks Barbara!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Barbara was excellent to work with. She was full of energy and cared to learn touching details of our relationship. She then used our stories to craft a beautiful ceremony. We highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Barbara is a warm and caring individual who will celebrate your love during each step of the ceremony planning process. She will imbue each meeting, message, phone call, or email with kind words of comfort and encouragement.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Pascal · Married on 08/02/2014

We knew Barbara would be something special before meeting with her. Reading the reviews and email correspondence confirmed how great Barbara is. But we couldn’t imagine how she would transform our wedding into something awesome.
    We met Barbara for the first time at the ceremony location in central park and we immediately felt that she understood us and understood the kind of wedding we wanted. During that first meeting we exchanged many ideas and started building our custom ceremony. Barbara made us feel like we've known each other for a long time.
    We wanted a traditional but still fun ceremony. The end result became so us and personal, we could not have wished for better. We were so happy during the ceremony we spontaneously started dancing.
    On our wedding day she was well prepared and created the most fun and sweet ceremony full of harmony and joy. She made us feel calm and natural. Not only did she make the perfect ceremony but she also learned words from three languages which she perfectly pronounced. She is truly skilled, fun and professional. All our guests keep talking about the ceremony and Barbara, we keep on smiling everytime we thinking about it.

We are so thankful Barbara was part of our special day.

Barbara will make your day beyond special. Do not hesitate to contact her!!

Forever thankful, Anooshé and Pascal