Bandit's Ridge Reviews

36 | Louisa, VA

36 Reviews for Bandit's Ridge

Monica · Married on 06/25/2016

What a fantastic venue! Donna was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. She makes you feel like you're family and you're home. The property is spectacular and they made our wedding day such a wonderful experience. Thank you!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Donna and her family were a pleasure to go through this wonderful wedding experience with. So thankful that we chose bandit's Ridge as our venue.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Kelly · Married on 03/11/2016

Donna was very very helpful before, during, and after the wedding. She made every effort to make the day as special for us as possible, and it was! She allowed us to bring our dogs and horse. We had a stellar time, and so did all of our guests.

Sent on 03/23/2016

We could not have asked for a more beautiful place to have our wedding. We did not want a barn wedding at first, but when we saw Bandit's Ridge we were sold! The barn is beautiful and the trees in the background during our ceremony in the field made our fall wedding perfect! The Reynolds' are wonderful people, accommodating and helpful in so many ways! We would and have already recommended Bandit's Ridge to friends and would do it all over again in a heartbeat if we could!!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Laura · Married on 10/17/2015

Donna and Brad are such sweet people and a complete joy to work with!! I am hoping to have the opportunity to rent their venue in the future since it was such a pleasure!! Above and beyond what anyone would expect from a reception venue!!!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Nikki · Married on 10/03/2015

My husband and I cannot express how grateful we are for the Bandit's Ridge family. I shed many tears the week before our wedding; not only did the weather forecast predict rain, it predicted a hurricane. Yes, we had a rain plan; however, how many brides have a hurricane plan? Donna and her family did everything they could to make our day unforgettable, despite the weather conditions. She communicated everyday regarding our rain/hurricane plan and made sure we were prepared. No matter how stressful the situation, she always focused on the positives. She reassured me that the wedding was going to be perfect no matter what.

The day of the wedding was rainy, windy, and very cold. Donna, Brad, Andrew, and Becca (And a Few More) worked extremely hard to make our wedding beautiful. Everything we wanted, they made it happen. Everyone worked together to make the wedding beautiful, just as they promised.

I recommend this venue to a bride in search of a rustic wedding venue. The bridal suite, beautiful landscaping, patio/dance floor, and whiskey barrel tables made our wedding unique. Donna has unique decorations that she allows you to use. Plus, she has a very good relationship with the rental companies; and they already know what works at Bandit’s Ridge (tables, tents, etc.).

We got just want we wanted and more from our wedding venue. Donna is such a great person to work with and is involved every step of the way. In my opinion, her number one priority was to keep the bride happy. The entire family went over and beyond what I expected them to do. We are very lucky to have found a new friendship with Donna and her family!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Cary · Married on 09/26/2015

Donna does a wonderful job at Bandits Ridge. We booked her venue in July of 2015 for our wedding in September 2015. She had everything we wanted plus her daughter did the catering for the wedding which was fabulous. The price was very reasonable and location is gorgeous. We had not the best weather but Donna had already convinced my father on an extra tent so the weather wasn't an issue. I would highly recommend Bandits Ridge to any bride!

Sent on 02/25/2016

Belinda · Married on 08/01/2015

Donna and her family were amazing to work with! She made everything go so smoothly. I didn't have to worry about anything. And it is so beautiful there.
    I have recommended them to everyone we hear is getting married!

Sent on 11/16/2015
  • W

Waverly · Married on 04/21/2018

Bandit's Ridge is a BEAUTIFUL venue!! It rained right up until our wedding and Donna and Brooke were very helpful in making sure our day was still fantastic!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Bandit's Ridge's reply:

Thank you, Waverly Ann! Congrats to you & Bryce!

Nicole · Married on 12/01/2018

Very good!

Donna and her husband were amazing and have such a beautiful venue! They also make your experience very great!!

Sent on 12/05/2018

laura · Married on 04/29/2017

2.0
      1.5
      2.5
      2.5
      3.0
      0.5

Let me preface this review by saying that the location itself is lovely. The view is incredibly beautiful and the bridal suite is wonderful. The issues that my husband and I experienced with Bandit’s Ridge were with the owners. We had gone to visit the property one year before our wedding and we were sold on the venue because we were told the following:
 Donna and her husband would be hands on with helping us
, they would build more rectangular tables for us to use
, they would help us set up and they would do the cleaning up and, they would be building a new building that would be completed by February of 2017 (our wedding was in April 2017), and that we would have full use of this building which included a grooms suite.
 None of this was correct. I asked if a we could be given the number of rectangular tables we required and she said that her husband would not build new tables because he would be busy with the new building. She then informed me that the county had implemented delays and that they were hoping it would be happening soon. I continued to send e-mails over the coming months and found out that they would only be breaking ground on the new building in April, the month of our wedding. The day of our wedding, we needed help setting up and Donna and her family were there. They offered us a ladder and that was simply it. My husband had to go test the music 1 hour before our ceremony, to which again there was very little assistance given. The night of our wedding, Donna then informed me that she had eaten some of our food, and I saw her and her employee drinking a bottle of our wine. This was simply unprofessional and she was not legally entitled to any of it.All in all, the venue itself ended up turning out okay. This is despite the fact that the new building was not built as it was described to us the grooms suite was not ready, the lights burnt out in the barn and my mother had to go pressure Donna to fix the fuse. Nice setting- high stress.

Sent on 05/12/2017

Bandit's Ridge's reply:

I always encourage reviews however it is important that a complete picture be painted. We have enough farm tables for 48 guests and therefore felt that additional tables for 42 guests was not needed. In regards to help with set up. We ask that our couples not arrive until 1pm the day before the wedding. This allows my staff and I to get everything in order for the couples arrival. This couple with family arrived at noon. We could have not allowed access, but that is not who we are. We allowed access, but we needed to finish sweeping and mopping the floors. Tables were then set up as originally discussed. This completed our setup. Yes we did encounter building delays, but as promised the building was completed the day before the wedding. In regards to sound checking. We are a venue and not a DJ. This couple choose not to hire a DJ. We provided the location and wireless speakers for them to use at their discretion. I even provided a staff member to run their IPod throughout the evening. In regards to the food and wine. We have always had caterers provide dinner to us, as a way to taste their food in hopes that they would be invited back and referred to other couples in the future. For the wine, the caterer supplied the bartender and again, it was the bartender who offered us the bottle to show their thanks. We simply complimented the couple on their great choices and never thought that anything more would have come from this. This was never the intent to be disrespectful and we can only hope that by reading our other reviews as well as hearing our side of the story, this paints a clearer vision. Again, we always welcome feedback. We can't fix something if we don't know there is a problem. We just ask that all of the facts be accounted for and honestly spoken. We are so very blessed that this couple choose to be married at Bandit's Ridge and we wish them both a lifetime of happiness.