Baltazar Photography | DC Wedding Photographer Reviews

65 | Rockville, MD

65 Reviews for Baltazar Photography | DC Wedding Photographer

Chris Baltazar of Baltazar Photography was the perfect person to capture our wedding events. We also used him for our engagement ceremony. Chris and his team were very professional, on time, flexible, and experienced. They made it comfortable to get the shots they needed. They have great new equipment and always travel with contingency equipment. They are fast to post teasers and of great quality. They spend a lot of time with the bride and groom before and during to get the shots they need to adequately capture your wedding. We are so glad we went with Chris and his team. During the ceremony and reception, they were in the background and were non-intrusive to our guests enjoying the ceremony or reception program. They think fast and capture the what you need. Chris works well with stiff and awkward people like myself to get them to be more comfortable in front of the camera. He goes through a shot list in detail before the wedding. We definitely would recommend Chris and his team at Baltazar Photography to any future bride and groom or friends and family.

Sent on 11/27/2012

Having only met day of wedding he really did an exceptional job due to conflicting schedules. Chris certainly captured the important moments throughout the preparation of the wedding up until the wedding til the end. what can I say Chris is great photographer!! if I knew the photos would turn out as good as they did in our outdoor bride and groom poses I would have had him do those all night long. I highly suggest if your looking for a photographer you check him out. He will not disappoint you. =)

Sent on 09/21/2012

Saira · Married on 09/26/2010

Knowing I was not having a videographer at our wedding, I really wanted to have spectacular photos. After meeting Chris and seeing examples of his work, I hired him instantly. He was easy to work with, showed up on time, and snapped candid pictures so easily that most of the time, I wasn't aware he was even there! He was able to capture beautiful, dramatic, and heartwarming photgraphs!

Even in coordinating family and bride and groom portraits, Chris's direction was easy to follow and posing for pictures was a breeze.

The end result was that I had a wonderful collection of spectacular photos that I will treasure forever! Everyone has remarked on the clarity and color of the photos and of the beautiful special moments caught on film.

Thanks for everything Chris!

Saira and Andy (September 2010)

Sent on 05/04/2011

Anne · Married on 08/28/2010

Chris was a pleasure to work with. He has a lot of wedding photography experience and was willing to incorporate our ideas for our engagement shoot. He and his team were professional during our wedding and he sent us our photos very quickly! I thought we were going to have to wait 3-5 months but he got them edited and on disc to us in less than 2 months. I highly recommend him. He is great choice for destination weddings if you have one.

Sent on 01/21/2011

Heather · Married on 05/15/2010

Overall a great experience with Baltazar Photography. We did a engagement & wedding package and are very pleased with the pictures, quality of service and professionalism. Chris is very responsive and helpful. The team really worked with everyone to capture all the photographs we had wanted at our wedding. We would highly recommend him to anyone who wants a great wedding photographer.

Sent on 08/09/2010

Anh · Married on 10/18/2008

Chris was an amazing photographer. His pictures a vibrant in color and he has managed to capture the essence of our wedding. I always tear up whenever i look at them again. Chris is super laid back and so fun to work with. We had a blast working with him even at the most hectic moments he was very professional and patient.
    We highly recommend Chis!

Gita · Married on 09/06/2015

I was very satisfied with the Quality and professionlism of the Baltazar Photographers.It was done to our specific need.They were very prompt in sending us the web link.I ordered some enlargements that came in just about a week.
    I would surely recommend them as great wedding photographers.They are not overly expensive.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/12/2009

The photos are amazing, and Chris and his staff were amazing to work with. No complaints.

Sent on 10/19/2009

Vince · Married on 09/05/2009

Chris is a charismatic and professional photographer. This was my first experience with a professional photographer and I didn’t know what to expect. I can say without a doubt, that he has given the photographer industry a good showing. Not only was he flexible with scheduling, he even offered and DID stay longer than the appointed time to execute his artistic skills on his recipients.
    He made posing for photographic moments as easy as 1, 2, 3…you get the point. Morale of the story is, I’d recommend Chris to my family, friends and colleagues. With his ability to use the camera as if it were an extension of his body accompanied by the grasp of the surrounding environment, you won’t be disappointed if you choose to hire him for his services.

Sent on 04/22/2010

Demi · Married on 11/08/2008

3.5

Chris and his staff were wonderful to work with. They are professional, fun and easy going. It was great having them with us on our wedding day. They are so talented and our photos are amazing! We look forward to enjoying them for years to come!

Stephanie · Married on 08/19/2006

Everyone asks me for the name of my wedding photographer because Chris did such an amazing job. He has a great eye for creative, candid shots. If you want a lot of traditional wedding photos, this is not the photographer for you, but if you want your photos to be modern and classy, you should use Balatzar Photography.

Anjali · Married on 12/27/2009

3.5

Chris Baltazar did an amazing job at our wedding. All our friends absolutely loved his eye for color and great shots. One of them even requested his information so she can get him for her own wedding! We can't help but look at our pictures over and over again. We're really glad we went with this choice since wedding is a once in a lifetime event!

Sent on 02/12/2010

Sara · Married on 07/23/2010

Chris shot our Friday morning courthouse wedding on a smoldering day in July. Despite the sun and the heat, he stuck it out with us to get some amazing photos of our special day. He was a pleasure to work with, especially given our small, 6 person wedding, where having a stranger present might have otherwise been awkward, and sent our photos to us less than a week after the event. So thrilled with his service, and I'd highly recommend him to those seeking wedding photographers in the DC area.

Sent on 08/16/2010

Sa · Married on 08/25/2007

I would definitely recommend Baltazar Photography for any wedding. Chris was very professional, and very flexible. Even though we had a schedule of what we wanted to do, we didn't really follow that schedule. He was very flexible. The quality of the pictures were excellent. We had a lot of shots that we didn't even think of, and it all turned out good. Our method of communication was through email, and he was very responsive. He would typical respond within a day.

Konping · Married on 08/25/2007

3.0

Pros: Nearly every shot is picture perfect (we had 900+ pictures), very good at directing poses (you don't have to be a model to get great pictures), easygoing and fun to work with, creative eye and vision, worked over time contracted for at no additional charge, flexible (traveled to our wedding location w/o charging us), presents financial options (helps you decide what you want and can get at what price), an absolute must is that digital negatives are included and images are reproducible for personal use, desire to understand and give client what they want (e.g. asked for shot list),

Cons: Arrived late (missed groom's party getting ready), focused mainly on bridal party and not enough of the wedding in general (didn't photograph the custom catered food, not enough candids of guests--we might have had these shots had I taken the time to fill in the shot list but I feel that a photographer of this caliber should "know" this), may be a bit pricier than other wedding photographers in general for the average person (but not pricey if considering other "better" wedding photographers)