Baltazar Photography | DC Wedding Photographer Reviews

65 | Rockville, MD

65 Reviews for Baltazar Photography | DC Wedding Photographer

65 Baltazar Photography | DC Wedding Photographer Reviews

Makduda · Married on 08/29/2015

This is the third wedding in which I have used Chris Baltazar. He and his other photographers are wonderful to work with. They

Charlotte · Married on 06/28/2014

We were beyond pleased with the quality of service provided by Baltazar Photography. We were lucky to work with Chris for our engagement session and wedding. The photos captured by Chris are stunning and we couldn't be happier. I strongly recommend Baltazar Photography for your special occasion!

Vinita · Married on 08/03/2013

We worked with Chris from Baltazar Photography to shoot one of our pre-wedding events. Chris was extremely professional and easy to work with. He had our pictures ready in about 2 weeks after our wedding and he did an amazing job with our pictures! We had a traditional Indian wedding and Chris captured the essence of our event through his camera lens. He has a great attention to detail and took very detailed shots of our event as well as lots of candid pictures of us and our families and friends. We only wish that Chris was available on our actual wedding day as he would have been our first choice for our wedding photography. We would highly recommend working with Chris from Baltazar Photography!

We are really happy we chose Baltazar Photography to photograph our special day. Chris and his team did an excellent job and really captured the important moments of our wedding! My husband and I can't stop looking at our amazing pictures. We were also impressed with their professionalism and quality or work. I definitely recommend Baltazar Photography to capture your wedding day!

• Kayshin

Kayshin · Married on 09/22/2012

Very friendly, professional, and quality photographer who did our engagement photos and wedding photos. It was great to have the sneak peek of the photos on his blog to share with others. Looking forward to dig into the many photos that he shared with us from our day.

Happy · Married on 09/01/2012

We absolutely LOOOOVE our photos by Baltazar Photography!!! Their photography is definitely worth the investment, and the entire studio works with great professionalism. The turnaround time is great, and we didn't have to wait long for our at all for our photos... which made us super happy! We shared Baltazar's blog entry that featured our photos with friends and family, and everyone commented on how great and elegant the photos turned out. We had Bradley as our photographer, and our entire family and bridal party loved him! He is very personable, great to work with, knows how to direct well, and has a great passion for photography. We only had 1 photographer for our sizeable wedding (about 240 guests), and Bradley made sure all the great details and moments were captured. We look forward to working with Baltazar Photography again, or seeing them at a future wedding!

Erik · Married on 08/12/2012

We hired Chris Baltazar as our wedding photographer in Old Alexandria, VA and we absolutely love the images he captured of us on our special day. Finding the right photographer can be very challenging especially when it comes to wedding pictures. We were on a budget and only had an hour for pictures. Sounds impossible right? Well, you would never have known we only shot for an hour!! Chris was really on top of it and took so many amazing pictures of us. He had great time management and knew that our time was limited with him so he got right to work the second he showed up. Also he knew Old Alexandria well, and he even gave us a little extra time to finish the last few shots that we really loved, and on top of all that, he's a super nice guy!!! Chris even took some extra scenic pictures of the area that tied into our theme where we got married and he included them with our wedding pictures. We felt so lucky to find Chris. If you're looking to hire someone who is super talented, affordable, and most importantly someone who really cares about making sure they capture your special day the right way, then call Chris Baltazar. We've recommended him to all of our friends and family. Thanks again Chris!!!

Erik and Jackie

Jo Melissa · Married on 07/28/2012

Baltazar Photography is the BEST! We love all of our engagement photos and wedding photos! Even our friends and family agree!
    They are very professional and fun to work with. Chris and Jerold took all our photos and they look amazing! They are very TALENTED!
    They did a wonderful job! Chris as the owner is very organized, responsive and patient. I love the BLOG as well. They post all photos taken which is easier to share w/ friends & family. (Not all photographers do that!) I got all my wedding photos in about two weeks! That's impressive! I highly recommend Baltazar Photography! Trust me, you are in great hands w/ them! Thank you Chris & Jerold for the amazing, beautiful photos!
    - Jo Melissa & Andrew
    July 28, 2012
    St. Regis Hotel Washington, D.C.

Ashley · Married on 07/28/2012

his photography studio definitely offers the most bang for your buck. They are well organized, professional, accommodating, and incredibly personable. For our wedding, we were lucky to have Godfried and Bradley as our photographers. They worked in tandem and other than during posed portraits, I don't believe I ever saw them - though I know they took a million photos. They were unobtrusive and yet attentive. Anytime I was in need of a photographer, one was there within seconds to capture the moment - usually without me having to look for them. Our wedding was outdoors and in late July - upper 90s. The photographers did not let the heat slow them down. I cannot wait to see the amazing shots Bradley and Godfried captured on our wedding day. I can't thank them and their studio enough.

Memory · Married on 06/30/2012

Chris and Bradley did a phenomenal job for our Indian wedding. My husband is very particular about photography, and he was really impressed with them from start to finish. You can see from his website that he's an amazing photographer. But for a wedding, you need photographers that are really great at being present without being obvious and someone who can keep his cool when working with large groups of (not always cooperative) people. Trying to coordinate members of my family is particularly difficult, and Chris has clearly mastered staying cool when other people suggest how people should be positioned for a photo. He also did an excellent job of being discreet in the bridal prep room, taking photos from a distance, but zooming in, so he wouldn't interfere with those of us getting ready. We had a lot of questions leading up to the wedding because we just didn't know how a lot of wedding details worked, but Chris was always responsive and easy to work with. We had an incredible experience with Chris and Bradley and would wholeheartedly recommend them for any event!

Ashley · Married on 05/26/2012

Chris and his team were amazing! They were fun to work with and made us feel really relaxed on our big day. The style of the photos were artist, and perfectly captured the emotion of each moment. We were the third wedding in my extended family to use Baltazar Photography and we continued to be extremely pleased with their work.

Cristina · Married on 05/20/2012

Chris Baltazar and his team are highly professional and they made us feel very comfortable during the day. They were very discreet and captured amazing shots! The quality of the pictures was excellent and we've received a lot of compliments on them from family and friends. They were able to capture the memories from our wedding day that we'll cherish for a long time. We recommend Baltazar Photography for wedding photography!

Meenu · Married on 12/10/2011

Our wedding photos are whimsical, romantic and beautiful. Chris and his team exude a happy vibe, while always remaining calm and collected. Loved that! They were so easy to work with and very flexible. The photography was never a concern for me as a bride after my initial meeting with Chris, and subsequent emails and calls prior to the wedding. Highly recommend Baltazar Photography to any bride & groom seeking breathtaking photos to capture all the moments of their special day!

Barbie · Married on 11/12/2011

Chris and Jerold shot our wedding photos and they did an amazing job! As a bride, I didn't have to worry one bit about the pictures, because they captured every bit of the details of the whole day, and I can't stop smiling seeing the results! Also, the comfort zone was definitely there. My husband, who has a 7 year old son, is super shy in front of the camera, grew very comfortable. We're extremely satisfied of all the memories we have all because of Chris and Jerold's awesome work!

• George

George · Married on 10/29/2011

I first heard about Chris from another photographer who was not available for my wedding day. She had worked with him before and highly recommended him. After reviewing his work online and reading other reviews about him, we set up a phone call. Right off the bat, he impressed my fiance and me. He was professional, courteous and very competent. We also liked his work a lot - it's not too "posey-posey" and he has a great eye for capturing moments and the range of emotions on a wedding day very well. I think he would describe it as photojournalistic - his pictures really help tell a story.

We live out of town, but subsequently met up with him. In person, he is professional, courteous, funny, down-to-earth, cool guy. My fiance really liked him and said that Chris would be the kind of guy we'd be friends with if we lived closer. I agree.

I also liked the fact that Chris is very organized and on top of things. Before the wedding, we corresponded regularly through email and he had us fill out a few questionnaires so he was clear on what we wanted and the schedule for the day.

On the wedding day, Chris came with another colleague, Jerold (although we had not expected nor paid for two photographers) but they worked so well together. Both were constantly roving around the room, looking for great shots. They were good at rallying up the family and bridal party for pictures, but otherwise were very non-intrusive and worked well with all our vendors.

And finally...the pictures! We just saw the online proof of some of the pictures, and they are fantastic. In sum, Chris and his team are awesome. You can't go wrong with him - the awards are more than justified and I would *highly* recommend him to any bride/groom. One last note: for his caliber and skill, I think his pricing is very fair.

marisa · Married on 10/22/2011

Kind, patient, creative and seemless. Captured all the moments I would have imagined we wanted and so many more. They gave us a perfect mix of shots of the bride and goom, family portraits, candids of friends, spontaneous posed shots, and all the big and little details throughout the day.

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/24/2011

Baltazar Photography is the best photography company, hands down. we did our engagement session with them as well as our wedding photography. their photographers were courteous, professional, likeable, and flexible, by the 2-week mark, Chris [Baltazar] had already blogged about our wedding and posted a plethora of 'photographer favorites'. the pictures we've seen so far are AMAZING and we are so excited to start putting together our album.

Baltazar Photography has a few levels of packages to fit all kinds of budgets, but remember, your photography is one of the areas you do not want to skimp on, and they are worth the money.

Lynda · Married on 09/24/2011

"Simply stunning" are the words so many of our friends have used to describe the photos Chris and his team took of our wedding. I start with the comments of others because, in the interest of full disclosure, Chris has been a good friend of ours long before the wedding. Having said that, we do agree with our friends (including those who don't know Chris). We couldn't be happier with our photos. Of course, the proof is in the pudding, and our photos are on Chris's website--they speak for themselves. Moreover, in a way, I feel that our preexisting friendship actually highlights Chris's professionalism. When you hire a friend, he will treat you as one of two things: a friend or a client. And even though Chris is always friendly, through it all, he treated us with the utmost in professionalism. Always on time for appointments (unlike us), responding to us promptly, and delivering fantastic goods. As for value, no, he's not the cheapest. But he's not the most expensive. But when you look at his photos you understand that you're not paying for snapshots here. You're purchasing photos that will provide you a lifetime of "WOW"s.

Sonia · Married on 09/03/2011

Prince, my fiancé, and I were referred to Chris Baltazar for our engagement ceremony by our amazing wedding planner, Trisha Cranor (Working Brides)! Chris was absolutely wonderful to work with! Just a week and a half before the ceremony there was an earthquake then just a few days later there was a hurricane, so a significant part of the building had been taped off because of damage, but that didn't prevent Chris from doing such phenomenal work! All of our guests, friends, and family keep telling me that they could just keep looking at the pictures over and over again!

At first Prince and I were a little shy, as neither of is have never actually had any kind of photo shoot before, but a few minutes Chris made us feel very comfortable, he was fun to work with, and he knew exactly what we were looking for! Chris was very professional and he blended in perfectly with everyone at the party and got flawless detailed colorful shots of EVERYTHING at the ceremony. He even managed to do this fantastically while a number of our guests insisted on standing in front of him to take their own cell phone pictures (after seeing the pictures Chris took, I've heard many regrets from people because they weren't actually standing IN the pictures with Prince and I ☺!). Chris also responds to emails/phone calls very quickly and we were very impressed with how quickly the photos were ready for everyone to look at…after the engagement, less than a week later all of the shots were online so that friends and guests can view/purchase them, and a couple days after that we received the High-Res DVD in the mail!

All in all, everything was way way way way above and beyond anything I ever imagined, and there is NO doubt that we will be having him shoot our wedding next summer☺.

Kari · Married on 07/16/2011

It was so fun to have Chris & BJ as our wedding photographers. We thought of it as our friends taking our pictures which provided a relaxing environment! We are so fortunate to know Chris and would recommend him to any of our friends in the future. Your appreciation for color, architecture, and spacing shined through every photo. Thank you so much!

Jaslena · Married on 07/09/2011

Everyone has a calling in life and Baltazar's is capturing the moment with his skilled eye!

Ronnie · Married on 05/29/2011

Chris was the perfect photographer for our wedding. He's a highly skilled and capable photographer. I'm a graphic designer who has worked with many professional photographers in New York City, and Chris is definitely a pro who understands the wedding genre but can take it steps above and beyond the mainstream. He made sure to capture many unique, composed and candid images of the two of us in a variety of contexts, as well as shoot the more traditional family portraits for our parents. He knows exactly how to read the environment and lighting in all situations from indoors to outdoors, day to night. He was also very generous with his time. We highly recommend hiring Chris for your next wedding or event.

V · Married on 05/28/2011

I could not have been any happier with our photos for both the wedding and our engagement. The quality of work is outstanding and we have gotten so many compliments. Chris was very responsive and professional and his work definitely worth the money we paid!

hiltran · Married on 05/01/2011

We were referred to Chris Baltazar by a good friend who spoke so highly of him and his work, we decided to meet him in person to see for ourselves. After our first meeting, we quickly understood where she was coming from! Chris was professional, friendly and most importantly, knew what he was talking about. He showed us an amazing portfolio that spoke for itself. He also had the style and the experienced eye we had been looking for. It didn't take us long at all to decide we wanted his talent for our wedding.

In the month leading up to the big day, Chris kept in touch with us to ensure we were on the same page. He met with us to walk through the venue so we could map out where our photos would be taken. It was a relief to know we had one less thing to worry about the day of. We put our complete trust and confidence in Chris and he did not disappoint!

On the day of, Chris and the second shooter, Godfrey were so easy and super fun to work with :) I always feel awkward having my picture taken so I was afraid that would show through. Chris, however, made us all feel so comfortable that I barely even realized we were being photographed. Our wedding party loved working with the both of them mainly because they let us be ourselves.

Unfortunately, it rained.. We weren't able to hold our ceremony outside or even take the photos where we wanted to. Despite that, the photos still came back amazing! Chris is a miracle worker :) The photos captured the emotion and beauty of our special day exactly as we had hoped. We didn't even need the sun!

We highly recommend Baltazar Photography. Thanks to Chris, our memories are preserved in the most beautiful way :)

Christine · Married on 04/09/2011

we really had a good time with our photographers. my fiance & i are both shy. they are very helpful in terms of giving us instructions on how to pose for some of the portrait shots. Chris was very detail on getting to know your wedding day run down, and what would you want to include in your shooting. I would definitely recommend Baltazar Photography to my friends.