Balmorhea Reviews

39 | Magnolia, TX

39 Reviews for Balmorhea

Sara · Married on 06/18/2016

What an incredible venue! My husband and I couldn’t have picked a more beautiful setting for the most incredible day of our lives. From the first time we toured the property to the day of our wedding, we were so smitten! The area is so well maintained, and despite all the rain in Texas over the past few months, the property remained in outstanding condition. Our ceremony took place outdoors overlooking the water, and we were so impressed by how shaded the area was. The gorgeous, tall trees kept us and our guests cool the entire day! Melissa was such an accommodating and gracious person to work with! She constantly put us at ease by staying in touch with us and answering our very many questions throughout the entire planning process! It was so rewarding working with someone who is as equally excited for your wedding as you are! Thank you so much to Melissa and everyone involved with Balmorhea! Our wedding was truly everything we wanted it to be!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you for letting us host your special day, Sara! I hope you and Christian are doing well!

Ashton · Married on 03/19/2016

My fiance and I may be biased to this venue due to the location and how awesome the owners are, but we still didn't picture our wedding anywhere else! Melissa was a huge help and i loved how she was always prompt in answering my questions with a sort of "excitement." When you're planning your own wedding and you're constantly talking to people who are less than friendly, it's refreshing that she brought the excitement back into the planning process. The grounds are gorgeous and very well kept. The bridal suite was very accommodating and fun for the whole wedding party. The reception area is grand but with a very comfortable feel. I opted to decorate in a more elegant and classic way instead of embracing the rustic elements. The place is truly what you make it and we couldn't have asked for a better day!

Sent on 03/24/2016

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you, Ashton!! Your wedding was fabulous!

Brittany · Married on 03/05/2016

My family and I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding night at Balmorhea. From day one, they were there to answer any and all questions we had in regards to the reception and our vendors. If you're looking for a stunning venue with overly professional individuals, you have found the right place. Melissa Carswell was our main contact and she exceeded all of our expectations when it came to a coordinator! From giving every member of the family a tour of the property to allowing us to come in and try out every decoration to make sure everything was picture perfect to helping with EVERY last detail on the day of the wedding, she was truly a joy to work with. My husband and I were truly blessed to be able to celebrate our special day with the Balmorhea family!!

Sent on 03/24/2016

Balmorhea's reply:

It was an honor for us to host your special day, Brittany! I hope you and Zack are doing well and please give my best wishes to your family.

Victoria · Married on 01/30/2016

As soon as I saw Balmorhea I knew I had to get married there! I could just imagine how wonderful the pictures would look with the ponds, trees and bridges. It was so convenient to be able to get ready in the bridal house and then be at the venue. There was plenty of space for my bridesmaids and I and for the groom and groomsmen on the separated side to get ready. The reception was flawless and Melissa was so flexible with us. I would recommend this venue to anyone who dreams of an elegant country chic wedding!

Sent on 03/02/2016

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you, Victoria! You're gorgeous and so was your wedding!

Mia · Married on 08/30/2015

Francis and I could not have chosen a better place to have our simple but shabby chic wedding. The manager Alison was very helpful starting from day one of merely the tour and assisted in making our wedding day one to remember. The property's amenities and decor is amazing and well kept. On the day of the wedding, which was a Sunday the owner, Lisa came out to share her congratulatory blessings and Alison stayed on property till the very end. The preferred food vendor for the venue, cafe Natalie accommodated our food menu and bar which made things run smoothly as well. Thank you Balmorhea, Alison, and Lisa.

Francis and Mia Kamen 8/30/15

Sent on 10/06/2015

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you Mia! We are so happy to hear you thought the venue is as beautiful as we think it is. Best Wishes!

Erin · Married on 03/04/2017

Balmorhea was a beautiful setting for our wedding 3/4/17. The venue is a rustic setting, but more of a chic Hill Country vibe. If you are tired of all the barn wedding venues, check out Balmorhea! We loved that they only do one event per day and their rental period was basically all day.

From my first contact with Melissa, she was always friendly and helpful, and genuinely excited to help make our wedding perfect. She was very responsive to emails, and kindly and patiently answered all my thousands of questions. She is very professional and organized. She even came by to wish us well on our wedding day!

We loved their flexibility with vendors. I would definitely recommend having a Day-Of coordinator at this venue since the venue rental includes the facility, tables, and chairs, and the rest is left to you (which can definitely save you money!). They do provide a list of recommended vendors, which are worth checking out also.

Sent on 05/02/2017
  • Tammy

Tammy · Married on 10/01/2016

Balmorhea is a beautiful venue and we received so many compliments from our guests. Melissa was very responsive and easy to work with during the planning process. The outdoor and indoor spaces are both so serene and elegant. The bridal house was such a great space for both the girls and guys to hang out and get ready. We are so happy we had our ceremony and reception here!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Susan · Married on 12/05/2015

We were over the top pleased with the service that we received at Balmorhea. Alison was so accommodating and helpful. My daughter hit it off immediately with Alison. She keyed into what my daughter wanted her wedding to look like and feel like and Alison helped make it happen. The owners were so accommodating in letting us set up tenting and flooring for extra guests. When my daughter told me day of that it looked like what she had been dreaming about, it made my day. It couldn't have happened without the help of Alison and the owners. Thank you for making her dream wedding.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you, Susan! We still talk about how fantastic this wedding was. It puts a smile on our face to know we could be a little part in her dream wedding. Please give Lexi and Dylan our best!!

stephanie · Married on 11/19/2016

This venue is gorgeous inside and out, it was maintained well and everything was clean, prepared, and ready on time for our wedding. We had some change in management in the year between when we booked our venue and had our wedding and had to confirm some details with the owner after the manager had left. The owners are very accommodating, but there was sometimes a delay with emails being returned. (definitely nothing that caused any problems). The venue has great details throughout the property and I couldn't have chosen a better venue. Thank you Balmorrhea team, I loved it!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Kathy · Married on 08/01/2015

Our daughter and son-in-law chose Balmorhea for their wedding reception as it showcased its rustic beauty inside and out. Alison was great to work with promptly responding to my many questions. She stated on our first visit to the venue that they were there to ensure things ran smoothly so we could enjoy the day. She held true to her word. I highly recommend Balmorhea.

Sent on 09/20/2015

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you, Kathy! We are happy to hear you think it is as beautiful as we do. Please give Laura our best wishes!

Balmorhea was exactly what I was looking for. It had a rustic outdoor venu with and elegant inside reception hall. The reception hall could also be used as an indoor ceremony or banquet hall. They were very accommodating with what I was looking for. Willing to modify the contract to meet my needs. They are a very new location and still getting the ropes on things. Allison is very kind and professional and very willing to make your image come true.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you for the feedback! We are happy we could help make your image come true. Best Wishes!

Samantha · Married on 10/24/2015

The venue itself is absolutely beautiful. It rained on my wedding day but I was fine with having it inside because it was just as pretty. Everything was pleasant for me at Balmorhea. The only thing that could have been better was Alison's attitude. She is nice but I felt like people who work in that industry and do it every weekend forget that the brides don't do this every weekend and it's their first time.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you, Samantha! We’re glad we could help with the big day. Best wishes to you and Matt!!
  • Jade

Jade · Married on 08/07/2016

4.2
      3.5

We loved the venue. It was beautiful! It does echo with people talking so you have to have the music a little louder because of it. Great to have the pond and let the kids gay the day of. Our kids loved that part of our wedding! Melissa was so kind and helpful.

Sent on 08/21/2016

3.0
      2.0
      3.0
      2.0

Balmorhea is beautiful...It was the perfect representation of my husband and I. However, I feel that we paid too much for what was provided. They were somewhat difficult in the sense that you have to use their caterer or buy them out, the bridal house was an extra expense, etc. Everything just seemed like it was an extra expense. The coordinator was not professional or personable at all. She seemed as if it was a bother to help us. But I have heard that she is no longer with them. Overall, I would recommend this venue to others if they were willing to spend a good amount of money.

Sent on 03/04/2016

Balmorhea's reply:

Thank you for your feedback! We have recently made some changes that address some of your concerns with Balmorhea. Alison, our venue manager at the time is no longer with Balmorhea. Our preferred caterer is Café Natalie but you are not required to use them or pay any sort of buyout fee. The bridal house is built into the price of the venue but if you do not need it we will discount venue price. We feel we are priced very competitively with comparable venues but our venue along with comparable venues might not be for everyone. We are still very new to the market and are trying our best to get all the wrinkles ironed out. Overall, we hope your wedding day was great and wish you the best!